GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,539
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 68 of 91 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 90 91
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #1015121
07/02/21 04:02 PM
07/02/21 04:02 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

Thanks i12

So glad I saw this review before trying it out.

I WILL PASS.

Smart man and glad I could help!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1015127
07/02/21 05:01 PM
07/02/21 05:01 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12

Thanks i12

I WILL PASS.

Your reviews are outstanding and better than any of these hacks who do it for a living on the Major networks.
They only read what they are told, if Disney had a bomb, do you thing Sandy Kenyan of ABC would tell it like it is…….?
NO….He would still have to try and sell that shit LOL

Last edited by DuesPaid; 07/02/21 05:02 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #1015158
07/03/21 03:00 AM
07/03/21 03:00 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Just watched "Lansky" on firestick...as I have said 1nce b4..I'm not a good synopsis writer ..so in laymens terms ....was kinda cheesy..not what I expected..& Keitel was a wasted talent compared 2 his earlier work..seemed on the low budget..specially by some of the cinematography , script , & no name talent that flashes back & forth throughout the picture...I believe Keitel needed $$ 2 do this shit!......

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #1015193
07/03/21 03:34 PM
07/03/21 03:34 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
NO SUDDEN MOVE (2021)

In this weird neo-Noir, set in Detroit in 1954, a group of small time criminals is brought together to a family hostage to force the husband/father to steal an automotive secret from his employer that the crooks can then sell to the highest bidding car maker. The most interesting part is the interaction between two of the crooks--Goynes (Don Cheadle, looking like an emaciated Al Sharpton), and Russo (Benicio del Toro, who makes Robert Mitchum look wired on meth), with Goynes becoming the leader. Nothing is as it seems, no one is a good guy, and there are a dizzying number of double-, triple-, and quadruple-crosses. Direction by Steven Soderbergh is jerky at times, and satiric humor appears at random, often illogical, points, presumably poking fun at Fifties culture and mores. Brendan Fraser, Ray Liotta ,and Matt Damon appear, too. Acting by the principals is excellent and so is the filming; the rest, not so good.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #1015300
07/04/21 11:20 PM
07/04/21 11:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
HARPER (1966)

Private detective Lew Harper (Paul Newman) is hired by a rich, cynical matron (Lauren Bacall) to find her missing shitheel husband, whom she could care less about. His quest involves him with a former DA and pal turned bad guy(Arthur Hill); the matron's dimwitted, jealous stepdaughter (Pamela Tiffin) and her lover (Robert Wagner); cultured evil-man (Robert Webber) and uncultured evil-man (Roy Jenson, Eternal Thug); a fat, blowsy former movie star (Shelley Winters); a junkie jazz pianist (Julie Harris), and a fake guru (Strother Martin)--a great cast for that era. Their only job is to provide a playground for Newman's patented grinning, leering and cynicism--but, as usual, he's good at it. Entertaining film.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015315
07/05/21 07:41 AM
07/05/21 07:41 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Winchester 73(1950)

Great western that I often say is more if a western noir. It’s an interesting setup because it’s a revenge story but also the gun is the ducal point and whoever had the gun kind of controls the story. When I was a kid I was as not a western fan since westerns were t really a thing anymore but I after watching so many with my grandfather I grew to really love them especially the Jimmy Stewart/Anthony Mann collaborations like this one

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015346
07/05/21 06:32 PM
07/05/21 06:32 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
NO SUDDEN MOVE

Detroit, 1954 is our setting for this thrilling heist movie featuring a well-rounded, All-Star cast. Recently released from prison Curt Goynes (Don Cheadle) is quickly given a vague assignment to "babysit" Matt Wertz's (David Harbour's) family as he breaks into his bosses safe to steal a proprietary document. Unbeknownst to him, he will not be alone on this job as he's forced to work with Ronald Russo (Benecio Del Toro) and Charley (Kieran Culkin). However, they quickly learn they've all been set up and they must figure out by whom and why to stay alive. Once again, a wonderful cast brings this story to life from mafioso Ray Liotta, to housewife Julia Fox, to even crime boss Bill Duke, who seems rather fragile in this film unfortunately. Cheadle and Del Toro are the main stars who beautifully weave together distrust and survival within their characters. However, I must say this is probably one of the best performances I've seen from Cheadle as the hoarse voiced ex-convict, looking to make a quick score to begin a new life. Authentic set pieces such as many different cars that are featured throughout, a story that keeps you engaged and continues to flip the script on the audience during the final act. This may be a sleeper at the box since it was also released same day on HBO Max, but this was a lot of fun and I'd even be up for a second viewing sooner rather than later. 7/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #1015348
07/05/21 06:34 PM
07/05/21 06:34 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

Thanks i12

I WILL PASS.

Your reviews are outstanding and better than any of these hacks who do it for a living on the Major networks.
They only read what they are told, if Disney had a bomb, do you thing Sandy Kenyan of ABC would tell it like it is…….?
NO….He would still have to try and sell that shit LOL

Thanks DP. I appreciate the positive feedback and glad you and the Mrs. enjoy them!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015420
07/06/21 07:06 PM
07/06/21 07:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
FEAR STREET PART ONE: 1994

Based upon the novels by R. L. Stine, FEAR STREET PART ONE: 1994 follows Deena, depressed and angry after her recent breakup with Sam, who's just moved to a neighboring high school. Sam, having already moved on emotionally and dating someone else, Deena quickly causes a car accident in order to get back at Sam and her new lover. However, she could not have expected for her actions to have such grave consequences for her and her friends. Honestly, I thought this was going to be a watered down, PG-13, "safe" horror film but it's not like that at all. Bloody, violent, and profanity laced (even though it does seem to be held back at times), and you've got yourself a pretty solid film even if it does slow down a bit between the second and third acts. Don't worry about gore as there isn't any here, nor is it scary unfortunately as all of the jump scares are telegraphed. How, this is not your prototypical whodunit horror film that'll keep you guessing until the very end as you're made aware of who the killer is early on and it still works. With only minor samples of some sweet 90's tracks, a script that could have used a little bit more vulgarity and humor but overall, I was not disappointed and look forward to the second installment. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015508
07/07/21 07:12 PM
07/07/21 07:12 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE TOMORROW WAR

A refreshingly new take on the alien invasion subgenre and the best Prime original I've ever seen. Chris Pratt stars as Dan Forester, ex-military and current high school biology teacher. During the December 2022 holiday season, Chris is selected as part of the first global draft to be transported 30 years into the future to assist in fighting an alien invasion before the entire human species is eradicated. Tons of action with a few wonderful supporting actors (I'm looking at both of you Yvonne Strahovski and Sam Richardson), and the typical action hero family man/heartfelt moments. A unique take on the look of the aliens and even with a runtime of 140 minutes, you'll never feel bored and will always be invested in the story. One of my favorites movies of 2021 thus far! 8/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015577
07/08/21 02:25 PM
07/08/21 02:25 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE ICE ROAD

Beginning in North Dakota, THE ICE ROAD stars Liam Neeson as Mike, a truck driver who's taking care of his adult-aged, mechanic brother Gurty, who is mentally disabled. In a mine shaft in Winnipeg, there's a methane explosion that traps 26 miners. With 30 hours worth of oxygen left for the miners and having been fired from his previous job (not to mention a sweet payday from the Canadian government upon delivery of emergency supplies he's hauling), Mike and Gurty decide to teamup with Goldenrod (played by Laurence Fishburne) and Tantoo (Amber Midthunder) to make the arduous journey north. The only problem is, in order to reach the miners in time, they need to take their extremely heavy trailers on a shortcut known as the ice road, which during the winter time due to the extreme cold, the lakes freeze and truckers use them as roadways. However, this story takes place during April when the ice is ready to thaw. All I can say is after watching this, Neeson and Fishburne better have gotten paid some serious money for attaching their names to this dumpster fire. The story opens with the miners getting trapped and the audience doesn't have any connection to them. Throw in Mike's at times unpleasant and short tempered attitude with Gurty, Fishburne who's in maybe 20% of the movie, sloppy editing, obvious low budget production quality, and you have a recipe for a terrible film. With movies like this, it's obvious Neeson's losing a step. I only hope he can rebound, and quickly, from the bad taste this will leave in your mouth. 3/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015632
07/08/21 09:48 PM
07/08/21 09:48 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
BLACK WIDOW

A beautiful swan song for Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, for the eighth and final time. The film opens in 1995 in Ohio when her world is completely shattered as her family immediately and inexplicably goes on the run. We then fast forward to 2016 where we pick up ScarJo, who is consumed with finding the originator of the widow program, Dreykov (played marvelously by Ray Winstone). During her mission she soon crosses paths with her younger sister Yelena (Florence Pugh), then enlists the help of their father Alexi/Red Guardian (David Harbour) and mother Melina (Rachel Weisz). The family dynamic between the 4 is magnetic and each were perfectly cast for their respective roles. I am rather looking forward to Pugh's direction within the MCU in the future and I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Red Guardian either. Director Cate Shortland needs to be congratulated as well for this powerhouse of a film that has themes of betrayal, family, and free will. A shout out must also be given for the marvelous henchman Taskmaster, the mesmerizing choreographed fight scenes, and top notch CGI. Marvel has done it again and this is just the type of film to bring audiences back to the theaters! 8.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015635
07/08/21 10:14 PM
07/08/21 10:14 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
I can't wait to see Black Widow. Excellent review Irish!

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacalone] #1015686
07/09/21 06:33 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
FEAR STREET PART TWO: 1978

Picking up right where Part One left off, Part Two goes back and tells the story of C. Berman, the only person to ever survive an attack from the Shadyside witch. Just like it's predecessor, awesome samples of songs from the time. In addition, this plays like the time period it's set in. It's a slow burn before we get to our first death whereas Part One played like a 90's horror film with a brutal attack in the opening sequence. The story this time around, filing in more of the blanks about the Shadyside witch, didn't garner my interest enough to keep me invested in these characters, save for Sadie Sink who plays Ziggy, as the foul mouthed, pissed-off-at-the-world ying to other main star and older sister Cindy Berman (Emily Rudd) who plays the yang as "little Miss Perfect." Although it did leave with a decent enough cliff hanger and we'll see how it all wraps up with Part Three. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacalone] #1015687
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Giacalone

Thanks Giacalone! I can't wait to watch it again.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015753
07/10/21 03:24 PM
07/10/21 03:24 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
FALSE POSITIVE

A 2021 take on ROSEMARY'S BABY where they substitute "the patriarchy" for satanism. The film isn't heavy handed misandry but there's plenty in there to get full off of. Lucy and her husband Adrian have failed to conceive for the last 2 years. Lucy finally gives in to Adrian's request to see his former teacher Dr. Hindle to see if he's able to assist them. Once Lucy is pregnant, she finds out she has 3 babies: twin boys and a girl; however, fearing all 3 babies could be lost unless one of the fetus' is terminated, Lucy and Adrian are left with the choice of who to keep and who to terminate. Pierce Brosnan is the only bright spot of this film as the always suave, debonair, and villainous Dr. Hindle but even he cannot save this garbage of a story. I really hope this isn't a trend going forward for Hollywood to remake classic films and fill them with their extremist, leftist, woke politics. 4/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015760
07/10/21 05:06 PM
07/10/21 05:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
SHIVA BABY

Based on a short film of the same name, SHIVA BABY brings back main star Rachel Sennott and director Emma Seligman. The premise is Danielle (Sennott) runs into her sugar daddy and ex-girlfriend at a shiva (Jewish funeral). What ensues over the next 77 minutes are revelations about the man she's currently sleeping with, how her ex-girlfriend feels about her, maintaining composure under pressure and embarrassment from family members, and uncertainty about one's future as Danielle is a soon-to-be college graduate who has no idea what she's going to do with her life upon graduation. I rather enjoyed this as the script had some rather comedic elements to it, stereotypical tropes the filmmakers played with, and a tale of self-discovery and worth. Also with the short runtime, it wraps up before the audience grows tired of constantly being batted around between our main stair and her ex and the main she's currently sleeping with. Worth checking out on HBO Max. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015779
07/10/21 08:01 PM
07/10/21 08:01 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss

Will be watching it tonight with the wifey. I'm trying to lower my expectations, but it's almost impossible lol

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015789
07/10/21 09:36 PM
07/10/21 09:36 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Let me know your thoughts after seeing it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015793
07/10/21 10:00 PM
07/10/21 10:00 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Scarlett Johansson is one of my favorites!

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015871
07/11/21 03:21 PM
07/11/21 03:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
WEREWOLVES WITHIN

New Forest Ranger Finn Wheeler moves to small mountain town Beaverfield, VT. Upon his arrival, residents are being mauled by a werewolf. In order to survive the night and crack the identity of the werewolf, a group of the townies spend the night in the local hotel trying to uncover the mystery. This films bills itself as a horror comedy and with the exception of 1 or 2 jokes, this is anything but funny. The jokes are flat and other than Sam Richardson who stars as Wheeler and co-star Milana Vayntrub as Cecily Moore (you'll know her as Lily from the AT&T commercials), no one's performance stands out. Richardson's had a few movies released recently and I'm really enjoying his work. He's got great timing but unfortunately, he doesn't have much to work with here. The end also becomes too convoluted as director Josh Ruben tries to setup every character as the werewolf and giving them a reason why. By the time of the big reveal I will say I was a bit surprised, but by that point, I wasn't very interested in it anyway. 4.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1015879
07/11/21 05:01 PM
07/11/21 05:01 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
AMERICA: THE MOTION PICTURE

After viewing this, I'm still not quite sure what this is supposed to be? My guess is it was made for anyone between the ages of 8-14. The film is supposed to be a "tongue-and-cheek retelling" of America that blends together history and contemporary. The opening of the film isn't too bad but right from the get go the jokes are immature and forced. It seems the purpose of the writers in creating this story was because they had a hard on for having the founding fathers curse and nothing more. Toss in Thomas Edison being a female, Chinese immigrant for some weird and unexplained reason (you know, diversity). If this film was supposed to serve as inspirational or conjure up patriotism, it fails miserably as the only thing I felt after watching this was pure embarrassment (although, maybe that was the point?). 2/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1016104
07/14/21 07:39 PM
07/14/21 07:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
GUNPOWDER MILKESHAKE

Karen Gillan stars as Sam, abandoned by her mother at a young age due to her occupation (assassin), Sam grows to follow in her mother's footsteps. She works for an all male organization known as The Firm and is their dedicated in house problem solver. On one particular job she's burdened with a harsh reality: give her employer back their stolen money she's recently recovered or use it to spare the life of an 8 3/4-year-old girl. She chooses the later and as such, is greenlit by her employer. The rest of the film is a very fun, fast-paced, and well-written ride. Gillan is wonderful as Sam, showing she can handle a gun and kick ass (well, that was never in question). A star studded cast back her up as Lena Headey players her mother, Carla Gugino, Angela Bassett, and Michelle Yeoh as 3 "librarians" who belong to an all female society of their own and one which Sam's mother used to be a member of and Sam herself enlists for weapons and assistance. Director Navot Papushado creates a wonderful and classic world, highlighted by neon lights and 1950's aesthetics. There is a wonderful fight scene that might be the first for me, where Gillan hilariously engages in some baddies sent after her and she fends them off, all without the use of her arms. This is the type of film that could become a franchise and I would definitely sign up for another round! 7/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1016165
07/15/21 11:22 PM
07/15/21 11:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
IN THE LINE OF FIRE (1993)

Aging, irreverent Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan (Clint Eastwood) has never gotten over his grief and guilt over having failed President Kennedy in Dallas. Now a rogue CIA assassin Mitch Leary (John Malkevitch) gives him a chance to take a bullet for the current President in a psychological game of cat and mouse, with plenty of high-tech to keep things interesting. It's enlivened by a romance/competition between Horrigan and fellow agent Lilly Raines (Renee Russo). All three principals are excellent (especially Russo) and director Wolfgang Petersen, who made the all-time-great war movie "Das Boot," knows how to keep the action fast and crackling. Excellent thriller.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1016191
07/16/21 01:31 PM
07/16/21 01:31 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I love In the Line of Fire

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1016195
07/16/21 04:53 PM
07/16/21 04:53 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS picks up 6 months after the events of the original. Once again we follow Zoey and Ben, who leave Illinois and travel to New York in order to expose the individuals behind Minos. While doing so, they're trapped in another game with previous winners, who know the rules and are all trying to survive. With this being a sequel, the games are much more elaborate, bigger, and more cleaver. There was a nice cameo/twist to the end that I didn't see coming but even during my first viewing of the original film, I had my doubts about this surprise. A smart and well thought out franchise similar to SAW without the gore and I'd be up for a third installment! 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1016196
07/16/21 05:05 PM
07/16/21 05:05 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
PIG

Nicolas Cage plays Rob, a former well respected chef in the Portland, Oregon area who, after a devastating loss, has retreated to the wilderness. He now spends his days as a truffle hunter with his beloved pig, living a peaceful and quite life. That is until robbers come to steal the pig from Cage. Upon waking up, he sets out for those who took her and for her safe return. Although, this isn't the film you might think it is based upon the trailer. This isn't an action/revenge film, but rather a more delicate and soft drama. Still a wonderful performance by Cage and co-star Amir (Alex Wolff), who buys said truffles from Cage. It plays as a drama but could have also worked as a revenge film. 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1016197
07/16/21 05:23 PM
07/16/21 05:23 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY

25 years after the original, this new entry is designed to appeal to a new generation. However, sadly and unfortunately, it's nothing more than a Warner Bros love fest. Either trying to indoctrinate the viewer with anything and everything WB or desperately trying to be "cool" by cross referencing classics a la READY PLAYER ONE, this film losses focus and fails. What should have been a story about LeBron trying to save his son from an AI Don Cheadle, does more to promote the WB brand. Also, even in a cartoon movie, LeBron just can't help himself and still whines to the officials about fouls. Some things never change. Truly a disappointment and another desperate attempt trying to revitalize previous IP's. 4/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1016198
07/16/21 05:26 PM
07/16/21 05:26 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY

25 years after the original, this new entry is designed to appeal to a new generation. However, sadly and unfortunately, it's nothing more than a Warner Bros love fest. Either trying to indoctrinate the viewer with anything and everything WB or desperately trying to be "cool" by cross referencing classics a la READY PLAYER ONE, this film losses focus and fails. What should have been a story about LeBron trying to save his son from an AI Don Cheadle, does more to promote the WB brand. Also, even in a cartoon movie, LeBron just can't help himself and still whines to the officials about fouls. Some things never change. Truly a disappointment and another desperate attempt trying to revitalize previous IP's. 4/10

Haha I was just about to post about this. You beat me by minutes. Saw it with my nephew yesterday and thought it was absolutely horrific. Agree with you 100% but 2/10 for me lol

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1016200
07/16/21 05:40 PM
07/16/21 05:40 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss

Hey Black Widow kicked fucking ass!! I loved David Harbour especially. Scar Scar always delivers of course. She is such a natural and fluid actress that I honestly believe if she had been competing with Meryl Streep in the '70s and '80s, she'd win every round. 8/10

Page 68 of 91 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 90 91

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull