GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 228 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,401
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: DillyDolly] #1012488
05/25/21 06:54 PM
05/25/21 06:54 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Arnold Schuster's murder wasn't sad, I feel no pity for a rat civilian or not, mind your own damn business unless you're reporting animal or child abuse.

How can a civilian be a rat when they didn't take some antiquated hoodlum oath? What a moronic thing to say.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1012489
05/25/21 06:55 PM
05/25/21 06:55 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by jace
Accidental killings of civilians are tragic, but you are all trying to run up the numbers by coming Italian and Americn Mafia killings, and including suspect ones, like Schuster, who may have been killed by others besides Albert A. The nun and the 2 innocents killed in Brooklyn were awful, the cop killing was wrong, but was that a mob killing or one wiseguy doing it on the sneak without approval? Favara was an asshole and may have deserved it.

None of the examples mentioned are "accidental" killings.

How on earth was he an asshole? He was in the process of moving house after being hounded out of the neighborhood, and they still killed him.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Mamaluke] #1012491
05/25/21 06:57 PM
05/25/21 06:57 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Mamaluke
The police have killed about a 1000x more innocent civilians than all the mobsters that ever existed since the beginning of time. Give me a break.

What an insanely childish and moronic take.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: grumpies] #1012492
05/25/21 07:00 PM
05/25/21 07:00 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by grumpies
wow sammy got his ass kicked then comes back to shot gun that guy who beat him up.. he has to b the biggest pussy in the history of mobsters. well my fault a lot of them are like that. good info buddy. but after hearing this how did they not ever lock him up and throw away the key....

While we're on the subject of cucked mobsters spinelessly murdering civilians, didn't Nino Gaggi also kill a civilian because he got beaten up in a fair fight by him?

Vincent Governara was the kid's name.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012494
05/25/21 07:15 PM
05/25/21 07:15 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Vincent Governara shouldn't have been going around breaking people's noses, especially not a made guy. Keep your hands to yourself, didn't his parents ever teach him that? And Mamaluke is right about the police, they make mobsters look like choir boys.

Last edited by DillyDolly; 05/25/21 07:15 PM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012496
05/25/21 07:21 PM
05/25/21 07:21 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Moe Tilden, a rat is a rat, you don't have to be in the mob to be a rat, snitch, tattletale, and all the above. Arnold Schuster should've minded his own damn business, out snitching on people who are just trying to cut some corners and get their place around the big table, just because he's a working stiff square too afraid to go out on a limb and do anything about his shitty life. I am not in the least bit saddened by his demise. Mind your business and keep your nose where it belongs. And that's if the story is even true.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: DillyDolly] #1012497
05/25/21 07:23 PM
05/25/21 07:23 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Vincent Governara shouldn't have been going around breaking people's noses, especially not a made guy. Keep your hands to yourself, didn't his parents ever teach him that? And Mamaluke is right about the police, they make mobsters look like choir boys.

And mobsters shouldn't be killing people, selling drugs, and stealing from civic-minded members of society, so what's your point?

Beating someone in mutual combat is not a justifiable reason for murdering someone.

Deep down you know that.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012498
05/25/21 07:26 PM
05/25/21 07:26 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Nino and the Gemini Crew devoured civvies on a weekly basis during the late Seventies and early Eighties. If someone went missing in Canarsie during that time, the police knew that odds were they were already dead.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012499
05/25/21 07:33 PM
05/25/21 07:33 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Selling drugs? What about all the poison pharmaceutical companies push out on the public, and suppressing natural cures? Oh those drug dealers are alright because it's legal. And even the government sells the illegal narcotics, you really think so many narcotics could flow freely around the globe without governmental help? And stealing? Don't even get me started on how taxation is theft or how corporations lobby to have laws passed in their favor over the people. Mob guys gotta eat too, so what they refused to fall in line and break their backs at some shitty job with the rest of the zombies.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012502
05/25/21 07:48 PM
05/25/21 07:48 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Accidental killings of civilians are tragic, but you are all trying to run up the numbers by coming Italian and Americn Mafia killings, and including suspect ones, like Schuster, who may have been killed by others besides Albert A. The nun and the 2 innocents killed in Brooklyn were awful, the cop killing was wrong, but was that a mob killing or one wiseguy doing it on the sneak without approval? Favara was an asshole and may have deserved it.

None of the examples mentioned are "accidental" killings.

How on earth was he an asshole? He was in the process of moving house after being hounded out of the neighborhood, and they still killed him

. Agreed. I remember a few years back Scott Favara did a small interview saying that they don’t even have a Grave to visit his father. Also his mother Janet had a mental breakdown after the murder and being chased out of the neighborhood by the Gotti women. To his credit Junior Gotti is the only one who had been truthful. He admits his father most likely did it and he also says that the Favara family were good people

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012504
05/25/21 07:51 PM
05/25/21 07:51 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
The Favara hit was pretty sad. But how would most of you handle it if it was your kid and you had the power to make him disappear. Be honest now, don't lie. And keep in mind that you're not going to be thinking rationally, as you're doing now because it didn't happen to you.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012505
05/25/21 07:58 PM
05/25/21 07:58 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
I think the Gambinos should've given Favara a pass. I mean, just look at all the rats they give passes, and the rats don't even have to hide. Seems twisted that they would kill someone for an accident but let others live who sent people away forever, on purpose!

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: DillyDolly] #1012506
05/25/21 07:59 PM
05/25/21 07:59 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
The Favara hit was pretty sad. But how would most of you handle it if it was your kid and you had the power to make him disappear. Be honest now, don't lie. And keep in mind that you're not going to be thinking rationally, as you're doing now because it didn't happen to you

My girlfriend was killed in an auto accident when I was younger. I was devastated but it was simply an accident. The other driver was a man in his late twenties who was horrified and remorseful. As upset as I was I never felt the need to get “revenge”. Despite the fairy tales ales the Gotti women spew Favara wasnt drunk, didn’t run a stop sign, and didn’t have drunken parties to torture them. He wanted to apologize right away but was warned to stay away. He still went to Victoria Gotti and apologized and was met with a baseball bat. I mean Gotti was murderer so it’s not surprising he would end up killing Favara no matter what

Last edited by JCrusher; 05/25/21 08:10 PM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012512
05/25/21 08:26 PM
05/25/21 08:26 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by JCrusher
The Favara hit was pretty sad. But how would most of you handle it if it was your kid and you had the power to make him disappear. Be honest now, don't lie. And keep in mind that you're not going to be thinking rationally, as you're doing now because it didn't happen to you

My girlfriend was killed in an auto accident when I was younger. I was devastated but it was simply an accident. The other driver was a man in his late twenties who was horrified and remorseful. As upset as I was I never felt the need to get “revenge”. Despite the fairy tales ales the Gotti women spew Favara wasnt drunk, didn’t run a stop sign, and didn’t have drunken parties to torture them. He wanted to apologize right away but was warned to stay away. He still went to Victoria Gotti and apologized and was met with a baseball bat. I mean Gotti was murderer so it’s not surprising he would end up killing Favara no matter what

Right. I was a passenger in a head-on collision in which the driver of the other car died. The other car veered onto our side of the road and swerved in front of us when we tried to dodge it. I don't know what happened but I suspect that he fell asleep at the wheel.

The driver of the car I was in still has PTSD to this day from what happened even though he didn't do anything wrong. The family of the deceased treated him coldly at the inquest (understandable as they were grieving and wanted answers).

The thing is, the deceased didn't suffer life-threatening injuries in the accident. He actually died in hospital due to a mishap during what should've been a routine operation.

Should I or the driver of my car have been taken out by his family in retribution for something that wasn't our fault, much like John Favara? Should the people who performed the deceased's surgery be taken out due to their negligence?

I don't think so.

I'd like to think that human beings are more empathic and understanding once they get past the stages of grieving.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012514
05/25/21 09:27 PM
05/25/21 09:27 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

You have no idea of what happened, so don't preach lies.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: DillyDolly] #1012515
05/25/21 09:29 PM
05/25/21 09:29 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I think the Gambinos should've given Favara a pass. I mean, just look at all the rats they give passes, and the rats don't even have to hide. Seems twisted that they would kill someone for an accident but let others live who sent people away forever, on purpose!

I don't think the Gambinos approved it, or even knew it was going to happen, it was Gotti's closest people and him acting on their own.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1012528
05/25/21 10:20 PM
05/25/21 10:20 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Right. I was a passenger in a head-on collision in which the driver of the other car died. The other car veered onto our side of the road and swerved in front of us when we tried to dodge it. I don't know what happened but I suspect that he fell asleep at the wheel.

The driver of the car I was in still has PTSD to this day from what happened even though he didn't do anything wrong. The family of the deceased treated him coldly at the inquest (understandable as they were grieving and wanted answers).

The thing is, the deceased didn't suffer life-threatening injuries in the accident. He actually died in hospital due to a mishap during what should've been a routine operation.

Should I or the driver of my car have been taken out by his family in retribution for something that wasn't our fault, much like John Favara? Should the people who performed the deceased's surgery be taken out due to their negligence?

I don't think so.

I'd like to think that human beings are more empathic and understanding once they get past the stages of grieving

. I’m so sorry about that. I think anyone with half of a brain would realize that accidents happen and unfortunately in some cases tragedy occurs like I had to deal with. But being a rational person you don’t go out and get “revenge” on someone who is probably dealing with a lot of guilt and trauma already. That’s what separates regular decent people from lunatics

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012778
05/30/21 08:49 AM
05/30/21 08:49 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
The nicky guido killing was also really sad. Wasn’t killed in front of one of his family members too?

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: TSNYC] #1012794
05/30/21 04:58 PM
05/30/21 04:58 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by TSNYC
Matteo Speranza - killed in the bagel store during Colombo war. Absolutely awful.

Albert Gelb - court officer killed after he stepped in to help a woman being harassed by Charles Carneglia and guys in Gotti crew at a diner. They ended up tracking him down and killing him down the road.

Norman DuPont went away for killing a totally innocent person after getting drunk off his ass celebrating a Gotti trial win.

There was that jeweler in Staten Island killed a decade ago or so.

The two carting guys in Long Island. Wouldn’t back down, got murdered.

William Luyrie - garment district related killing, again, encroaching into legitimate industry by any means necessary.

Was DuPont the guy in that youtube surveillance video that was going around, who was basically running errands for all the made guys at the Ravenite? He looked like such a douchebag. Hopefully he's having a tough time in prison.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012796
05/30/21 05:21 PM
05/30/21 05:21 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Yes DuPont was in the surveillance video of the Ravenite and also was in that clown video. They were pretty much all douchebags do not surprising 😂

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012851
05/31/21 09:52 AM
05/31/21 09:52 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Another one was in 1972 at the Neapolitan Noodle in Manhattan a few months after Crazy Joe was gunned down. 4 innocent were people were shot 2 were killed in mistaken identity

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1012852
05/31/21 10:01 AM
05/31/21 10:01 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Another one was in 1972 at the Neapolitan Noodle in Manhattan a few months after Crazy Joe was gunned down. 4 innocent were people were shot 2 were killed in mistaken identity

It was already mentioned on page one.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1012854
05/31/21 10:06 AM
05/31/21 10:06 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss

It was already mentioned on page one.

I know that. I was just giving the actual location

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1016692
07/25/21 10:29 AM
07/25/21 10:29 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
I also forgot about Joe Salerno’s father. He didn’t die but similar to the situation with Pete Chiodo’s sister it showed the whole “family is off limits” is a myth

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1016712
07/25/21 08:43 PM
07/25/21 08:43 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I also forgot about Joe Salerno’s father. He didn’t die but similar to the situation with Pete Chiodo’s sister it showed the whole “family is off limits” is a myth

Family is off limits, always has been. You take an exception and try to fit it to your agenda. How pathetic.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: CNote] #1016718
07/25/21 09:09 PM
07/25/21 09:09 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by CNote
Honorable mentiom Mary Bari just because she was so pretty. Sure she was a Mob moll and might have been informing on Little Allie Boy, though there's no evidence, she didn't deserve to get her brains blown out

. Yeah that was pretty horrific. Obviously now the first or last woman killed by the mob but I agree she didn’t deserve that at all

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1016719
07/25/21 09:17 PM
07/25/21 09:17 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

You are literally talking about thousands of guys, and well over one hundred of years of history!

There are exceptions to every 'rule' in the book, and to every facet or conversation in life. We all know that. And it's no different with this conversation.

Have there been instances where innocents have been killed, whether by accident, or straight out intentionally? You bet there have been!

But that doesn't make it right. Nor does it mean that that type of behavior was accepted by the overall masses. Were the so-called rules broken? Of course. Clearly they were!

But when put into proper context, and taken in totality and in relation to the sheer 'number' of guys in the life, in comparison to the number of 'broken' rule instances where an innocent was victimized. I think the percentages speak for themselves.

There are always going to be rule breakers, and guys who will skirt the rules, regardless of whether its in the upper-world, or underworld. But I think despite the very nature of that life, and participants being rule 'breakers' to begin with. by and large few wives, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, etc., (who were NOT in the life), were ever 'hurt' as the phrase goes.

The Chiodo's of the world are far and few between, in comparison to the volume of people in the life, and the daily incidents that take place. Anybody with common sense can see that.

Gaspipe Casso, Vic Amuso, and the few others who have stooped to that level in history were clearly off their rockers!

The average street guy wouldn't do that because then it would be a' free for all' against all relatives, of all people. Their relatives also. Thats why that rule was put in place back in the day to begin with.

They should have whacked Casso from the get-go, it would have saved a lot of people a lot of heartaches. Casso, and others with his mindset are animals, plain and simple!

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: NYMafia] #1016728
07/26/21 12:30 AM
07/26/21 12:30 AM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
You are literally talking about thousands of guys, and well over one hundred of years of history!

There are exceptions to every 'rule' in the book, and to every facet or conversation in life. We all know that. And it's no different with this conversation.

Have there been instances where innocents have been killed, whether by accident, or straight out intentionally? You bet there have been!

But that doesn't make it right. Nor does it mean that that type of behavior was accepted by the overall masses. Were the so-called rules broken? Of course. Clearly they were!

But when put into proper context, and taken in totality and in relation to the sheer 'number' of guys in the life, in comparison to the number of 'broken' rule instances where an innocent was victimized. I think the percentages speak for themselves.

There are always going to be rule breakers, and guys who will skirt the rules, regardless of whether its in the upper-world, or underworld. But I think despite the very nature of that life, and participants being rule 'breakers' to begin with. by and large few wives, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, etc., (who were NOT in the life), were ever 'hurt' as the phrase goes.

The Chiodo's of the world are far and few between, in comparison to the volume of people in the life, and the daily incidents that take place. Anybody with common sense can see that.

Gaspipe Casso, Vic Amuso, and the few others who have stooped to that level in history were clearly off their rockers!

The average street guy wouldn't do that because then it would be a' free for all' against all relatives, of all people. Their relatives also. Thats why that rule was put in place back in the day to begin with.

They should have whacked Casso from the get-go, it would have saved a lot of people a lot of heartaches. Casso, and others with his mindset are animals, plain and simple!

So you think around 30 innocent people that were killed by the mob between the 70s-90s is a small number..you think that doesn’t make it a common practice..what would the society at large number be..when the majority of your membership are sociopaths it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a much higher percentage of the “mob population” was involved in killing innocents, had rape convictions and trafficked in drugs, children and women...there not a microcosm of society..less than 1% of the population are “sociopaths” I would say atleast 60% of the Made members in the heyday were sociopaths..not to mention what percentage were convicted rapists...
Whatever the exact percentages were they were much much higher than the society at large...

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 07/26/21 12:30 AM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1016735
07/26/21 07:02 AM
07/26/21 07:02 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

You mix up statistics wantonly (and on purpose) to suit your own narrative. So there is no sense in attempting to enlighten you, because like the man once said, "You can't fix stupid!"

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: NYMafia] #1016744
07/26/21 12:24 PM
07/26/21 12:24 PM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
You mix up statistics wantonly (and on purpose) to suit your own narrative. So there is no sense in attempting to enlighten you, because like the man once said, "You can't fix stupid!"

What statistics did I mix up wantonly(and it wouldnt be on purpose because on purpose is the definition of wantonly, so the correct way to have said it, would have been to just say wantonly and leave it at that..
So please tell me which statistics did I mix up wantonly? Mind you 30 something murders by the New York mob alone was just what was listed here, there is undoubtedly many more that are not listed.....
there is a very discernable pattern with you where I use facts to back up my statements and ask you a question regarding them and your response is to insult me because you have no answer to them...

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 07/26/21 12:26 PM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull