Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Turnbull
Vito was in no condition to provide any help or advice to Sonny and Tom while he was in the hospital. And, when he returned home, he was still too weak to assist (he was barely able to whisper, "Where's Michael?"). But, he seemed to have recovered some of his strength by the time Sonny was assassinated because he was able to go downstairs to his office to get the bad news from Tom, and to get dressed and walk into Bonasera's mortuary that night. And, he didn't seem feeble or compromised at the Commission meeting, which probably was held not long after that.

My question: Do you think Vito was counseling Sonny and Tom, and even calling the shots, at some time between his return home and Sonny's death? And, if so, what do you think he was advising?

. Good Question. They make it seem like Vito was in no condition to even counsel them so I always felt it was just Tom at that point leading up to his death
From the novel: "Dr. Kennedy had forbade any discussion of business in front of the Don. This edict was completely disregarded. The Don insisted on the council of war being held in his room.... Don Corleone was too weak to speak much but he wished to listen and exercise veto powers."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."