GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, Havana, Mafia101), 315 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,380
Posts1,059,618
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1007877
03/19/21 05:23 PM
03/19/21 05:23 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHAT A CLOWN

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: Dwalin2011] #1007928
03/20/21 12:35 PM
03/20/21 12:35 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by Hollander
By many accounts Jimmy Blue Eyes was a true gentleman gangster. Tony Accardo also.

Accardo authorized way too many murders to fit the bill in this case imo

. Absolutely

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: Louiebynochi] #1007933
03/20/21 01:43 PM
03/20/21 01:43 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Little_Frankie
I have no inside knowledge of what he was like in day to day life but didn't Bill Cutolo do some serious charity work?

Yes. Remember guys, there is typically 'good and bad' in everybody. Regardless of who they are, where they come from, and what the do for a living.

Some are complete creeps with no good in their souls at all. Some may be technically 'bad guys,' but do have a few redeeming qualities. And some may be very nice and decent fellas, despite the fact that they fall into the 'racketeer' category.

Just like in regular life, racket guys run the gamut from nice guys, to complete degenerates.

Hate to tell you fa***t but we are judged by the worse things we do in life, not the fact someone does good and bad

Finally, when it came time to hand down the sentence, Zagel told Lombardo he showed “some balance, some judgment and, I think, based on the evidence before me, some ability to charm people.”

“But I find that that’s really only the surface,” Zagel said. “In the end, we are judged by our actions, not about our wit or our smiles.”

“In cases like these, the things that matter most are the worst things we do,” Zagel said. “And the worst things you have done are terrible.”

You sound like the type of guy who never gets invited to parties

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1007957
03/20/21 06:15 PM
03/20/21 06:15 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
I am not defending that sick shit since it's disgusting and wrong but I love how before the 2000s 75% of wiseguys had to kill to get their button and we don't care about murdering people but the DB and Roy DeMeo shit people get all high and mighty. Don't care how many people Roy killed or if one of his rackets was more deplorable then the rest he is still someone I am in awe of for sheer perseverance and criminal will to become so wealthy by being ruthless and willing to do what no one else would.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1007963
03/20/21 06:42 PM
03/20/21 06:42 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
They say Vinny Basciano was an extraordinarily jolly and friendly guy to be around. Bo Dietl used to talk about this. He used to give waiters $500 tips like it was nothing

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1007968
03/20/21 06:54 PM
03/20/21 06:54 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Don't know about anything firsthand, but everything I read about him on boards and stuff leads me to believe that Vinny Basciano was indeed a well liked and very respected guy.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1007976
03/20/21 07:16 PM
03/20/21 07:16 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Don't know about anything firsthand, but everything I read about him on boards and stuff leads me to believe that Vinny Basciano was indeed a well liked and very respected guy.

Super respected. He knew many rich people who would do all kinds of favors for him. I have heard that he would take learjets to Vegas for free.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: Dwalin2011] #1007990
03/20/21 08:18 PM
03/20/21 08:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
By many accounts Jimmy Blue Eyes was a true gentleman gangster. Tony Accardo also.

Accardo authorized way too many murders to fit the bill in this case imo.

No one is saying they were not gangsters who warred occasionally with other gangsters.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: NYMafia] #1008158
03/22/21 10:45 PM
03/22/21 10:45 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Frank Tieri seems to have fit the description of a classy man and a gentleman. He was friends with people from all walks of life, gave a lot to charities and also owned many honest businesses without having any hint of scandal in those businesses. On top of that he was convicted on RICO and instead of cutting a deal by giving up others he went to prison where he knew he would die without a complaint.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: jace] #1008159
03/22/21 10:58 PM
03/22/21 10:58 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
Frank Tieri seems to have fit the description of a classy man and a gentleman. He was friends with people from all walks of life, gave a lot to charities and also owned many honest businesses without having any hint of scandal in those businesses. On top of that he was convicted on RICO and instead of cutting a deal by giving up others he went to prison where he knew he would die without a complaint.

Tieri never served 1 day, he was already dying by the time he was convicted. And it wasn't exactly "gentlemanly" on his part to have Angelo Bruno whacked and then blame it all on Caponigro and other accomplices.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: Dwalin2011] #1008160
03/22/21 11:07 PM
03/22/21 11:07 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Tieri never served 1 day, he was already dying by the time he was convicted. And it wasn't exactly "gentlemanly" on his part to have Angelo Bruno whacked and then blame it all on Caponigro and other accomplices.

He was sentenced to prison, if he died before going you want to hold it against him go ahead. Who are your classiest or gentleman Mafia members? None I guess. You can't contribute, so you criticize those of us who do.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: jace] #1008161
03/22/21 11:11 PM
03/22/21 11:11 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Who are your classiest or gentleman Mafia members? None I guess.

Well, Carlo Caputo from Madison fits the bill in my opinion, if it's really true that there were no mafia murders during the time he was boss. But I already said that in my first post.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: Dwalin2011] #1008168
03/23/21 04:06 AM
03/23/21 04:06 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC

Dwalin, that's the life Bruno, signed up for.
Bruno- had many of men whacked.

The way that these guys look at it is, they are just soliders and if they kill it's part of war.
Just the way an American soldier would kill a German in WW-2.

I am not saying I think it's right however, that's the mindset.

When Gravano, flipped at his first conversation he said " I want to switch Governments, meaning he looked at LCN, as his Government.

Good soldiers in LCN, are rewarded by LCN, the same way god American soldiers are awarded by their government.

Alot of people apply logic and common sense to the equation, you will never understand LCN if you try to evaluate from that angle.

The Mafia is Sicily at its origins was a Govt inside a Govt.

Thats what LCN, was set up to be.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: BensonHURST] #1008169
03/23/21 04:14 AM
03/23/21 04:14 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

The way that these guys look at it is, they are just soliders and if they kill it's part of war.

When Gravano, flipped at his first conversation he said " I want to switch Governments, meaning he looked at LCN, as his Government.

Good soldiers in LCN, are rewarded by LCN, the same way god American soldiers are awarded by their government.

Alot of people apply logic and common sense to the equation, you will never understand LCN if you try to evaluate from that angle.

I understand what you are saying; what I meant is just that I got the impression that there is some tendency to idealize some gangsters, and I wanted to express my disagreement. However, if we don't look at them by standards of law-abiding citizens, but as a separate mindset, then I agree that there are some gangsters that were better than others, there are differences between individuals like in any other people category.

Re: Who was the nicest? The classiest mafioso? [Re: BensonHURST] #1008191
03/23/21 04:32 PM
03/23/21 04:32 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

100% bro. It was a parallel government for people involved in shady business. I try to explain that to people but it’s hard. Guys fully committed to the life were expected to follow orders. A lot of old timers were in WWII or Korea and it trained them for the mindset. And even if you were just an otherwise legit guy doing something on the side to make a few extra bucks they get a piece. In return you get someone to speak for you if you have a problem. Like a Congressman basically. Think of it like paying your taxes. But the irs wouldn’t kick your teeth in if you under report your income.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull