GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (thebarber), 167 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,289
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: LET'S PLAY PICK THE WISEGUY! [Re: ColonelReb] #1003091
01/10/21 04:36 PM
01/10/21 04:36 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
NY mafia was Stevie Beef the guy that brought Sonny Red under the Bonanno umbrella? I've always assumed it was due to Cannone being a Little Italy guy.

From what I've gathered, it was probably Joe Yak. He and Sonny were the best of friends. So I'd imagine that's where the connection came from. But in that neighborhood anything is possible. There were so many guys back in the day

Joe Yak was a Colombo guy. How could he bring Sonny Red into the Bonanno Family. I know Joe Yak went on the lam after the Gallo hit and Luparelli flipped. I always assumed in his absence Sonny Red would have latched on to another guy. Since he was made into the Bonanno Family I figured it would have to be a Little Italy Bonanno guy. Of course it could have been a LES Bonanno guy. But some Bonanno had to have proposed Sonny Red into that family. Joe Yak couldn't propose him into that family.

You're 1000% correct. I actually misunderstood what you were asking.

May have been Cannone. But Sonny Red was friendly with Sally Morale also. Plus there were so many Bonanno guys he grew up with on Elizabeth Street it really could have been anyone.

I thought you asked how he was close to the Colombo's

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/10/21 04:37 PM.
Re: LET'S PLAY PICK THE WISEGUY! [Re: NYMafia] #1003095
01/10/21 04:46 PM
01/10/21 04:46 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
For anybody that hasn't read the Luparelli Tapes it's got some interesting stuff on Sonny Red being with Pinto on the Mikey Evans hit and with Joe Yak on the Wagon Wheels hit.

Re: LET'S PLAY PICK THE WISEGUY! [Re: NYMafia] #1003099
01/10/21 06:05 PM
01/10/21 06:05 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
It was actually an old Genovese soldier in Greco's crew that brought Sonny Red around after WW2. Weather he was on record or not during that time is unknown. He had been friends with neighborhood guys that eventually were made into the Bonanno, Profaci, Gambino, and Genovese crime families. In the 1950s he was more around Colombo guys, and NYMafia, is right to say Joe Yacovelli took a liking to Sonny Red. Sonny goes to prison, gets out during the Bonanno war, and is now with Nick Marangello crew in the Bonannos. A lot of tension between both Sonnys as they were associates in the same crew. If it was Cannone that brought Sonny Red into the Bonannos, why be placed in a different crew, and why did Cannone agree to the triple murder instead of protecting his protege?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: LET'S PLAY PICK THE WISEGUY! [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1003104
01/10/21 07:24 PM
01/10/21 07:24 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
It was actually an old Genovese soldier in Greco's crew that brought Sonny Red around after WW2. Weather he was on record or not during that time is unknown. He had been friends with neighborhood guys that eventually were made into the Bonanno, Profaci, Gambino, and Genovese crime families. In the 1950s he was more around Colombo guys, and NYMafia, is right to say Joe Yacovelli took a liking to Sonny Red. Sonny goes to prison, gets out during the Bonanno war, and is now with Nick Marangello crew in the Bonannos. A lot of tension between both Sonnys as they were associates in the same crew. If it was Cannone that brought Sonny Red into the Bonannos, why be placed in a different crew, and why did Cannone agree to the triple murder instead of protecting his protege?

I said I just assumed it was Cannone who brought him under the Bonanno Family. Could have been Nicky Glasses just as well although I have never come across who actually brought him into their fold or who put him on record first. I know Pinto was more aligned with the Genovese family. The part you said about why would Cannone agree to their hits if he brought them in is irrelevant. Joey Massino was under Phil Lucky at one point. That's like asking why Massino would sign off on the 3 hits. Nicky Glasses was UB before the shakeup. Nicky could have brought him into the Bonanno a but I doubt Red was with him direct.

Re: LET'S PLAY PICK THE WISEGUY! [Re: NYMafia] #1003280
01/15/21 12:47 PM
01/15/21 12:47 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
Nicky Glasses, Angelo Presanzano and Mimi Sabella were pretty close to Galante. They were spared because they were old-timers who got along with other wiseguys within the banana bunch.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull