GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 318 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,827
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191789
09/21/05 02:55 PM
09/21/05 02:55 PM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline OP
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline OP
Capo
Warsaw
Ok....When Neil comes in a tells John that Big Paul got named boss, Carlo had just died and told him on his death bed so this just happened and then it shows John going crazy outside kicking stuff and all that....and then it goes to the FBI agents watching him and they are all like "Goodbye Don Carlo Long live his brother in law" or somethign like that...but they talk about Neil not getting it and John being pissed about it...but my question is...This just happened and how in hell could the FBI agents know so fast...like they knew before John Gotti knew>?????? is this possible?

John Gotti

Aspanu summon the all of the chiefs
DEATH TO ALL WHO BETRAY GIULIANO!
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191790
09/21/05 03:19 PM
09/21/05 03:19 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

I haven't seen the movie but it was probably "known" by the FBI that it was either Neil or Paul would be the next boss. When Neil comes back and tells Gotti and Gotti reacted the way he did they put 2 and 2 together.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191791
09/21/05 04:11 PM
09/21/05 04:11 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Yes, as DonMichaelCorleone correctly stated the Feds knew that Don Carlo had passed away. They also knew that the position of Don would be between Mr. Neil and Big Paul once Don Carlo passed away. In the MOVIE, knowing that Don Carlo had died and then watching John Gotti lose his mind outside the club, they realized that Mr. Neil did not get the Donship. As DMC stated, they put two and two together.

Lets not forget though that we are seeing this in a Hollywood movie. While I've read that John Gotti did almost lose his mind when he found out that Big Paul was the new boss and that it was not Mr. Neil, and the feds were filming this outside the club, I don't ever recall reading anywhere that the feds knew exactly why he was kicking garbage cans, etc. That probably was added for a hollywoodesque touch.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191792
09/22/05 12:35 AM
09/22/05 12:35 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
While the FBI and other law enforcement knew exactly when Gambino died, I wouldn't be all that sure that they knew immediately who succeed Gambino. As DC said, that scene was more Hollywood than real life.
The movie took other liberties, too. For example, Castellano didn't force Gotti to take Ralphie (Wigs) Galione on the McBratney hit. Nor did Gotti's guys kill Galione. Wigs was killed about a year after the McBratney hit over a debt he owed to a loanshark. Also, poor John Favara, the neighbor who accidentally ran over Gotti's son Frank, wasn't killed in an underpass--he was hit over the head after leaving a diner, bundled into a van, and never seen again. And it's unlikely that Da Bull had anything to do with the Favara hit.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191793
09/22/05 01:31 AM
09/22/05 01:31 AM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline OP
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline OP
Capo
Warsaw
Yeah I knew that the Favarra thing wasn't accurate because he just disapeared one day...but yeah you are probaly right I guess they did probably have the feds say that to spice it up.....Thanks for the input guys... I appreciate it
I think this movie was pretty good all in all though, I think the guy who playe John gotti did a very impressive job in doing so, as well as all the other characters
The only other thing I think was way way off was when John went to see Don carlo and he gives him the hit on the irish guy and the way they depict Don Carlo in that scene just made no sense....I bet this isn't the way Don Carlo acted in that situation or ever in his life....he was supppossed to be very nonchalant and calm most of the time and not to mention he never master the english language I found him yelling death threats a bit outlandish
but other than some incorrect facts and scenes I thought this movie w as excellent and I would recommend it to everyone on here

Joe Batters

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191794
09/22/05 01:10 PM
09/22/05 01:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
DOn Carlo was a pretty smart man. It's highly unlikely that he gave a direct order to John Gotti to carry out that hit. Another hollywood drama to add to the excitement of the movie.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Gotti is in jail and confronts the Zulu King. All the while that Gotti is giving him this speach, the Zulu King just stands there in silence, looking Gotti up and down. And when Gotti is done talking, the Zulu King says to him " Who the Fuck are you?"
And Assante replies very simply " I'm John Gotti."

I agree that Gotti is a good movie. One of my favorites. And Armand Assante plays a very good Gotti and John Forsythe is an excellent Sammy. Anthony Quinn is putstanding as Mr. Neil. Vintage Anthony Quinn.

But as Turnbull has pointed out many times in the past when the Gotti movie comes up in converstaion, there is another movie called Witness To The Mob. It is more about Sammy the Bull than Gotti. Actor Tom Sizemore does a fantastic job playing John Gotti. The movie itself is pretty lame, but Sizemore is worth watching.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191795
09/22/05 02:18 PM
09/22/05 02:18 PM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline OP
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline OP
Capo
Warsaw
hmmm thanks for the suggestion......I'll ha ve to check it out

Yeah i totally agree Anthony Quinn who plays mr. neil does an excellent job I thought his performance was probably the best in the movie with Armand in a close second

Witness to the mob made me think of a mob moive triology set that I came across years ago that had short mob moive like "Honor thy father", "Familyl Enforcer", and "Mob Wars"
Io have the case but I lost the Cd but in Family enorcer we get to see a very young Joe Pesci which is very exciting to watch the movies are the best and the most the actors in them in real lame but It's a preatty cool thing to have for a Mafia lover like myself

Have you heard of these movies or seen them Don Cardi (probably a stupid question)

Joe Batters

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191796
09/22/05 02:19 PM
09/22/05 02:19 PM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline OP
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline OP
Capo
Warsaw
I just read that Family Enforcer was Joe Pesci's first big role in a movie ahahah thats awsome

Joe Batters

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191797
09/22/05 08:51 PM
09/22/05 08:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
As I've posted before (thanks for the reference, DC ) "Gotti" was a highly entertaining movie with an excellent cast, especially Anthony Quinn as Neil Dellacroce, Vincent Pastore as Quack-Quack Ruggiero, Marc Angel as Don Carlo, Richard D. Sarafian as Castellano, and Frank Vincent as DiB. But Armand Assante was wrong as Gotti: he played him as Armand Assante, not as Gotti--too intelligent, too energetic, too thoughtful. Tom Sizemore was much, much more credible as Gotti in "Witness to the Mob," playing him with the mindless swagger of the real-life Gotti--a great performance in an otherwise dismal film.

Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191798
09/24/05 04:57 AM
09/24/05 04:57 AM
juventus Offline
Underboss
juventus  Offline
Underboss
I also think Sizemore was a better Gotti than Assante. I liked Assante's arrogance but Sizemore looks more like Gotti ans was also plays very arrogant..

And I think Abe Vigoda (Tessio in TheGodfather) was a better Paul Castellano than Richard Sarafian, he just looked more like Castellano.

'This was just another Bronx tale.'
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191799
09/25/05 11:38 PM
09/25/05 11:38 PM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
I thought 'Gotti' was a decent film as well but another small critique of the garbage can scene is that when Gotti goes outside and starts kicking the cans over and Neill follows him, looking at the sunlight and the steam rising it is obvious that it the scene was shot early in the morning, yet there is a full blown party going on in the club. A small detail, I guess.......

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191800
09/28/05 09:38 PM
09/28/05 09:38 PM
New Jersey
donpaulpino Offline
Capo
donpaulpino  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
I think Assante really got the voice down. I've listened to some FBI tapes of John Gotti before and I think he really did a great job with the voice. I thought Tom Sizemore appeared very "oafy". As far as looks I don't know if I agree that Sizemore looks more like Gotti. I always thought Assante looked a lot like Gotti.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"

- John Wayne
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191801
09/29/05 09:52 AM
09/29/05 09:52 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yup!
I too liked Assante as Gotti & thought it was a pretty good movie!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: DON CARDI I NEED YOU It's about "Gotti" #191802
09/29/05 10:01 AM
09/29/05 10:01 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by donpaulpino:
I thought Tom Sizemore appeared very "oafy".
That's why I thought he seemed more realistic as Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull