GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,396
Posts1,060,116
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Heat question #190219
01/27/05 03:02 PM
01/27/05 03:02 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
I watched "Heat" again this weekend and forgot what an awesome film it is. What I don't understand is how did Waingro sell the info to Van Zandt & the cops about Neil (DeNiro) and his crew making the bank score. The score was decided on after Waingro left/was almost killed after killing the armory guys in the opening scene. The viewer is given the impression that Waingro just joined Neil's crew for the armored car job and then was cut loose. How could Waingro have known about the bank score that hadn't even been approved yet?

Anyone who hasn't seen this movie should rent it. DeNiro is in fine form and it has a fair number of good supporting actors: Tom Sizemore, Ashley Judd, Jon Voight, Val Kilmer. Not to mention a great role for Al Pacino.

Re: Heat question #190220
01/28/05 02:37 PM
01/28/05 02:37 PM
Toronto
Maple Leafs Offline
Button
Maple Leafs  Offline
Button
Toronto
Just thought i would pipe in and say that HEAT is an excellent movie. For all the people on this board who complain/laugh/or are just confused with Pacino's screaming in films, he does it a few times in this movie.
PACINO: She's got a ... GREAT ASS!!! And you got your head...ALL THE WAY UP IT!!!!!!!

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart...RUSH
Re: Heat question #190221
01/28/05 07:18 PM
01/28/05 07:18 PM
London,UK
kasanova Offline
Made Member
kasanova  Offline
Made Member
London,UK
goombah, if im not mistaken wasnt is trejo the fourth member of de niro's crew who ended up the rat?

Im pretty sure it was him who had to tell van zandt about the score which was relayed to the cops. Isnt that why we see trejo tortured to death by van zandt towards the end?

i too am confused!

Re: Heat question #190222
01/31/05 02:05 PM
01/31/05 02:05 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kasanova:
goombah, if im not mistaken wasnt is trejo the fourth member of de niro's crew who ended up the rat?

Im pretty sure it was him who had to tell van zandt about the score which was relayed to the cops. Isnt that why we see trejo tortured to death by van zandt towards the end?

i too am confused!
I was under the impression that it was not Trejo b/c what would he have to gain? If he sold out Neil, then Neil would kill him. Why would Waingro and/or Van Zandt torture Trejo for giving Neil up? One would think that they would be greatful for the information from one of Neil's crew.

Don't forget it was Van Zandt's assistant (played by Henry Rollins) that told the cops that they gave up Neil to the cops. But Van Zandt would have had to get that kind of information from someone with knowledge, so Trejo was the most likely. You may very well be correct, but that part of the movie is very unclear to me.

As an aside, I love the scene in which Val Kilmer is coming up to the safehouse and Ashley Judd warns him away with a flick of her hand. I also love the stakeout scene in which Neil's crew leaves after the cop bumps his gun in the trailer that they're watching from inside.

The only thing I don't like about the movie is the love story b/w DeNiro and Edie. It just seems so out of place with the rest of the story, although I understand why it was in.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull