GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, Toodoped), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,413
Posts1,060,464
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188354
09/25/04 02:29 PM
09/25/04 02:29 PM
Toronto
Nick. V Offline OP
Nick. V
Nick. V  Offline OP
Nick. V
Button
Toronto
Quote:
Carlito's Return

Prequel reportedly in the works.

September 24, 2004 - According to Production Weekly, actor Jay Hernandez will star in Carlito's Way, The Beginning for writer-director Michael Bregman. Hernandez will take over the role of Carlito "Charlie" Brigante first played by Al Pacino in 1993's Carlito's Way. Hernandez's credits include Ladder 49, Friday Night Lights, Torque, The Rookie and Crazy/Beautiful.
The story reportedly "follows Carlito through Spanish Harlem's no exit world of gangs, drugs, pimping, and the Mob, from the 1940s to the early 1970s."

Returning from the original film will be Luis Guzman. Also joining the cast in Burt Young (Rocky).

Thanks to Dark Horizons for the heads-up!

Link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/550/550851p1.html
P.S As you can probably tell by the title I am not too happy to see this Prequel getting made. My reasons? Well I look at recent Hollywood as I do at the recent Hong Kong. Their cinema is being overwhelmed with romantic comedies. And if these were at least original in Hollywood I might have made my piece with them. But they are either blatant rip offs, poorly done parodies, terrible sequels/prequels, and lesser remakes. My point is that Hollywood is not original anymore. And very few great films get made watch year. I am sure this film will fall prey to new “hurt the audience's eyes” filming techniques, terrible writing by some college kids, and terrible acting. Same goes for the recent action films.

While I understand Al Pacino is too old to reprise his role I simply cannot accept anyone else as Carlito. In the end if this film fails at the Box Office you won't find me crying my eyes out. I will just be there with a brilliant smile on my face.

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface
Re: Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188355
09/25/04 02:57 PM
09/25/04 02:57 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Hollywood is at a horrid time. FLOODED with romantic comedies, comic book movies, remakes, and sequels with no connection to the original.

There are only a handful of good directors out of the barrage of idiots. Hell, lets not forget B2K's manager directing "You Got Served" for the purpose of showing off their dance skills.

Thank God word on the Scarface rapper sequel has died down a little.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188356
09/25/04 03:10 PM
09/25/04 03:10 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow looks pretty cool but thats about it. Romantic comedies REALLY PISS ME OFF.....they are so predictable that its not even worth seeing anymore. You could use the same exact script for every single one of them but change the actor/actress and people would still flock to go see it.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188357
09/25/04 05:15 PM
09/25/04 05:15 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Romantic comedies aren't the problem. It's the banal, mundane viewing that such recycled filth makes. Only a few films a year (if that) can claim to have an absolute freshness that we haven't seen before. But it's not just that. Almost every film has some kind of "we've been through this before" element, but it does become rather tedious when every single Hollywood film offers absolutely nothing new and it's clear that little effort, if any, has been put in. Romantic comedies seem the popular thing right now, and in all fairness, they are a bit putrid.

I think the state Hollywood is in right now was summed up with the Coen Brothers' decision to remake the Ealing Comedy The Ladykillers this year. They're filmmakers on whom I rely heavily for originality and antithetical approach to Hollywood.

Regarding a prequel to Carlito's Way: I haven't seen the first movie, but even it did turn out to be a fantastic film, I would be totally against it anyhow.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188358
09/25/04 10:40 PM
09/25/04 10:40 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I agree with what everyone has said.Why pay people to think(imagine that,thinking)of new ideas, or even semi-original ideas they produce the same CGI-romantic comedy-comicbook adaptation-sequal/prequal-remake-cant act-cant direct-cant write shit.Why? Because it rakes in the dough.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Pathetic Hollywood Is At it Again. Carlito’s Way 2 Is In The Works. With No Al/ #188359
09/25/04 11:57 PM
09/25/04 11:57 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Carlito's Way 2?

Oh good god, Carlito's Way sucked I always thought. But that's not a slam on Al Pacino he's one of the most gifted actors out there.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull