GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 43 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186753
05/09/04 02:51 PM
05/09/04 02:51 PM
Toronto
Nick. V Offline OP
Nick. V
Nick. V  Offline OP
Nick. V
Button
Toronto
Warner Home Video have announced the long awaited Region 1 DVD release of Goodfellas (Two-Disc Special Edition) for 17th August 2004 with a retail price of $26.99. Martin Scorsese's classic gangster epic finally receives the treatment it deserves and to make the day extra special Warner will also release several of Scorsese's earlier titles on single-disc special edition DVD. After Hours, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Mean Streets and Who's Knocking At My Door? will all retail at $19.97 each while a Scorsese Collection gift set features all five Scorsese titles at the bargain price of $59.92.

GoodFellas (Two-Disc Special Edition) - Based on the true-life best seller "Wiseguy" by Nicholas Pileggi Scorsese's movie explores the criminal life like no other and will offer the following features on this two-disc special edition set...

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English DD2.0 Stereo and DD5.1 Surround
English, French and Spanish subtitles
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and Cast/Crew
Bonus commentary by ex-gangster Henry Hill and ex-FBI Agent Edward McDonald
4 new Cast/Crew documentaries:
Getting Made
The Workaday Gangster
The GoodFellas Legacy
Paper Is Cheaper Than Film
Theatrical Trailer

After Hours - A Manhattan Yuppie's night out becomes a comic nightmare, courtesy of director Martin Scorsese.

English and French Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese, Griffin Dunne, Producer Amy Robinson, Editor Thelma Schoonmaker and Cinematographer Michael Ballhaus
Deleted Scenes
"Filming for your life" making-of featurette
Theatrical Trailer

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Alice Hyatt (played by Ellen Burstyn, who won an Oscar for her performance) is a widowed mother trying to start a singing career while raising a growing son (Alfred Lutter).

English and French Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and cast members
Documentary
Theatrical Trailer

Mean Streets - A hard-hitting classic of streetwise realism: Martin Scorsese's searing study of a young hood and his friends in New York's Little Italy, starring Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel.

English Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese
"Back on the Block" featurette
Theatrical Trailer

Who's Knocking At My Door? - Drama involving the troubled relationship between a streetwise tough guy, driven by a strict Catholic upbringing, and the independent young woman he falls in love with.
English Mono
Audio commentary by Martin Scorsese and Mardik Martin
Making of featurette

Link: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11393 (Covers)

P.S My disappointment cannot be put in words. The long awaited Goodfellas SE does not have any Deleted Scenes . Everyone is aware of the fact that a longer version exists. I will have to re-consider buying this. Yes the commentaries are tempting, but I won't be surprised to see another edition re-released in near future. Like Gangs of New York.

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186754
05/09/04 05:32 PM
05/09/04 05:32 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I will DEFINITELY be buying Mean Streets for the commentary. Goodfellas too, but Mean Streets is priority for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186755
05/10/04 08:38 AM
05/10/04 08:38 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186756
05/10/04 10:30 AM
05/10/04 10:30 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I will DEFINITELY be buying Mean Streets for the commentary. Goodfellas too, but Mean Streets is priority for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Mick
"Mean Streets" is even better than "Goodfellas," if that can be imagined.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186757
05/10/04 03:21 PM
05/10/04 03:21 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley

Why would they put Robert DeNiro's name over Ray Liotta's picture and vice versa?

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186758
05/10/04 03:48 PM
05/10/04 03:48 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] I will DEFINITELY be buying Mean Streets for the commentary. Goodfellas too, but Mean Streets is priority for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Mick
"Mean Streets" is even better than "Goodfellas," if that can be imagined. [/b][/quote]Nice call, Turnbull! Mean Streets is #4 on my all time list, behind The French Connection, and the two Godfathers.

And Freddie C, the PAL version (European) of the VHS of Goodfellas has the same design--silly, I know, but I reckon they have De Niro in the middle for publicity, and De Niro always wants to be billed first on almost every film he does.

Mick

Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186759
05/10/04 03:52 PM
05/10/04 03:52 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Oh, and the pic of De Niro on the Mean Streets looks nothing like his Johnny Boy character! The hair is far too long, and the T-shirt with the suit is far too smart for that character! Hmm...

Mick

Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186760
05/10/04 04:04 PM
05/10/04 04:04 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] I will DEFINITELY be buying Mean Streets for the commentary. Goodfellas too, but Mean Streets is priority for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Mick
"Mean Streets" is even better than "Goodfellas," if that can be imagined. [/b][/quote]David Proval(Richie Aprile) is in Mean Streets.

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186761
05/11/04 12:16 AM
05/11/04 12:16 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
David Proval(Richie Aprile) is in Mean Streets.
Michael Romanus, who played Michael in "Mean Streets," is Melfi's ex-husband in "Sopranos."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186762
05/11/04 09:01 AM
05/11/04 09:01 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick. V:
[b]After Hours - A Manhattan Yuppie's night out becomes a comic nightmare, courtesy of director Martin Scorsese.[/b]
There's one I don't recall ever discussing here.

I highly recommend it. Very very "New York", and very off-beat. Not at all what you would expect from a Scorsese film.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186763
05/11/04 01:11 PM
05/11/04 01:11 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[quote]Originally posted by Nick. V:
[b] [b]After Hours
- A Manhattan Yuppie's night out becomes a comic nightmare, courtesy of director Martin Scorsese.[/b]
There's one I don't recall ever discussing here.

I highly recommend it. Very very "New York", and very off-beat. Not at all what you would expect from a Scorsese film. [/b][/quote]I AGREE 100%. A great New York Scorsese film. I have mentioned it a few times here, but it never gained any traction.

I am glad Marty is doing a commentary for each film.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186764
05/15/04 06:25 PM
05/15/04 06:25 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
I never knew that there was a longer version of Goodfellas. I hope they include an interview with Joe Pesci.

Re: Important: Features + Covers Listed For Martin Scorsese's Collection #186765
05/18/04 01:56 PM
05/18/04 01:56 PM
Pennsylvania
skaggerratt Offline
Made Member
skaggerratt  Offline
Made Member
Pennsylvania
I know that the novel "After Hours" by Edwin Torres was what the movie "Carlitos Way" was based on. ***He is the author of both books Carlitos Way and After Hours; Carlitos Way (NOVEL) describes Carlito Brigante's (Played by Al Pacino) life up until he goes to prison and After Hours (NOVEL)(which what the movie was based on) tells about his after jail life*** I know the movie Carlitos Way is more puerto rican and After Hours (Scorsese) is New York, but is there a connection between the two movies. ***Kind of like how Scarface is loosely based on Al Capone, not exact, but there is a connection***

Bart, Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? No. Well suppose you got a large starving family, is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them? Uh-uh. And what if your family don't like bread, they like cigarettes? I guess thats ok. Now what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime Bart?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull