GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, 1 invisible), 586 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,082
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,542
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20416
01/02/05 02:28 PM
01/02/05 02:28 PM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
When Tom tells Frankie "dont worry about anything,Frankie Five Angels" he means :

1) Dont worry about ANYTHING - Michael will not come after you.

2) Dont worry,we'll take care of your family once youre dead.(they both understand Michael will kill him)

3) I understand your plan to kill yourself.Go ahead,we'll take care of your family.

--I think its the 3rd option,I think Tom actually tells him to commit suicide (in the cover of history talk)
He tells him "Frankie -- when a plot against the Emperor failed -- the planners were always given a chance to let their families keep their fortunes"

So Frankie has a chance now to let his family keep his fortune...all he has to do is kill himself.

Your opinions please?

Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20417
01/02/05 03:30 PM
01/02/05 03:30 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
I believe, you are right smile

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20418
01/02/05 03:56 PM
01/02/05 03:56 PM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
100% right. (If there's not someone like Don Cardi who undermines my reply lol )

Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20419
01/02/05 09:16 PM
01/02/05 09:16 PM
South Jersey
MistaMista_Tom_Hagen Offline
Made Member
MistaMista_Tom_Hagen  Offline
Made Member
South Jersey
it always made me wonder, if Frankie killing himself was what Mike wanted, how was it that Tom introduced the idea to Frankie. watching the conversation, it seems as though Frankie is the first to mention the suicide thing. how did tom know that Frankie would understand he was to commit suicide without directly saying it?

"By the way, I admire your pictures very much."
- Tom Hagen
Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20420
01/02/05 11:10 PM
01/02/05 11:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
100% right. (If there's not someone like Don Cardi who undermines my reply lol )
Floors! What's the matter with you? Never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking! I think your brains gone soft from all that comedy that you play with that young girl! grin

Seriously, I don't undrmine peoples replies! I may correct something that I feel is off base or not factual, but I never undermine! wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20421
01/02/05 11:42 PM
01/02/05 11:42 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by MistaMista_Tom_Hagen:
How did Tom know that Frankie would understand he was to commit suicide without directly saying it?
Frankie, dispite being a funny old man, was not stupid. Mike knew he would pick up on the hints. He was living on an Army base becasue of his agreeing to testify,(what information he did or did not give is irrelivant) and the lawyer/adviser/whatever the hell Tom was at that point of the family you betreyed visits and you two start a conversation about suicide and emperors and familys and whatnot, you'd have to have Fredo-like inteligence not to pick up on the intentions.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20422
01/03/05 01:16 PM
01/03/05 01:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Michael needed a 100% track record of making sure his enemies died. That's basically what he told Tom in the boathouse before Hagen met with Frankie. In that wonderful scene in the exercise yard, it seemed that both Frankie and Hagen came to the conclusion that Frankie, who basically had nothing to live for, would sacrifice his life to satisfy Michael's need, and the Corleones would take care of his family.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Don't worry about a thing,Frankie5Angels #20423
01/03/05 03:51 PM
01/03/05 03:51 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by Debra:
When Tom tells Frankie "dont worry about anything,Frankie Five Angels" he means :

1) Dont worry about ANYTHING - Michael will not come after you.

2) Dont worry,we'll take care of your family once youre dead.(they both understand Michael will kill him)

3) I understand your plan to kill yourself.Go ahead,we'll take care of your family.

--I think its the 3rd option,I think Tom actually tells him to commit suicide (in the cover of history talk)
He tells him "Frankie -- when a plot against the Emperor failed -- the planners were always given a chance to let their families keep their fortunes"

So Frankie has a chance now to let his family keep his fortune...all he has to do is kill himself.

Your opinions please?
You're right. Tom set Frankie up beautifully. He starts by reminding Frankie about the "good ol' days" getting him to remember Vito and the glory times of the Corleone Family. He then reminds Frankie of the Roman History upon which the organization was based. One of the cornerstones of Roman History was that a coup against the emperor could never, ever stand unpunished. The member(s) of the failed coup had the option of killing themselves rather than waiting for execution of him and his entire family. The honor that came from saving the emperor the trouble was that the victim's family would be spared.

By walking Pentangelli down this course of thought, Tom conveyed the "deal" Michael had for Frankie. If Mike and Frank could've spoken, it might have gone like this:

Mike: "Well, Frankie, it's a shame things came to this."

Frank: "Yeah, Mike. I always liked you, you know. I just thought you'd double-crossed me."

M: "No reason to rehash it, Frankie. You know what I gotta do."

F: "I got it pretty safe here in the pen, Mikey. I'm gonna cost you a lotta money and a lot of muscle."

M: "Revenge is a dish best served cold, Frank. There'll be a time. Grieving men let their guard down, from time to time".

F: "About that Mike. I don't mind to help you out IF you will take care of my family, you know, help 'em out and leave them alone at the same time."

M: "If you help me out with this thing I have to do, you have my word, your family will be fine for the rest of their long, natural lives."

F: "Thanks, Mike. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta take a bath."

Hey, I'm a little Winegardner in the making, huh. rolleyes I guess I shouldn't make fun of him if I can't do any better. You guys get the idea. Salut'. orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull