GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 67 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,817
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
once apon a time in america #184630
07/25/03 01:11 AM
07/25/03 01:11 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
let me say that i had never heard of once apon a time in america until i became a member on this fantastic sight. and so i went out and bought it yesterday. let me say i watched the whole me without stoping and was blown away. i nearly had tears coming to my eyes towards the ending because it just tuched my heart that he loved his friend max so much that he didn't kill him even when he found out max betrayed him. i would love feed back from you all. but let me express my thanks to all on this sight for helping me experiance such a beautiful piece of art. im still shocked by what i have seen.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: once apon a time in america #184631
07/25/03 01:22 AM
07/25/03 01:22 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
its good to hear you liked the movie Mr Soprano. i was also blown away when i saw the movie, i watched it twice in a row and my only break is dinner time.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: once apon a time in america #184632
07/25/03 01:39 AM
07/25/03 01:39 AM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
The most underrated movie ever made.

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: once apon a time in america #184633
07/25/03 05:27 PM
07/25/03 05:27 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
let me say that i had never heard of once apon a time in america until i became a member on this fantastic sight. and so i went out and bought it yesterday. let me say i watched the whole me without stoping and was blown away. i nearly had tears coming to my eyes towards the ending because it just tuched my heart that he loved his friend max so much that he didn't kill him even when he found out max betrayed him. i would love feed back from you all. but let me express my thanks to all on this sight for helping me experiance such a beautiful piece of art. im still shocked by what i have seen.
Yes, absolutely a great movie! Glad that you enjoyed it. The diferent interpretations from this movie are very interesting. Everyone has a different opinion about the underlying meanings of many events that took place in this movie. I've always felt that the real reason that Noodles would not kill Max was because that was Noodles BEST revenge! Max betrayed Noodles, Max knew that the only way to die in peace with himself was for him to have Noodles be the one to kill him, and Noodles knew deep down that it would destroy Max inside if he did not kill him! That is my take on that scenerio. I may be wrong, as I haven't watched it in a couple of years, but that is what I always felt. Heck, know what, I'm gonna go watch it tonight! LOL!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: once apon a time in america #184634
07/26/03 08:29 PM
07/26/03 08:29 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
that's an interesting thought capo, and could be quiet possible. i have also heard somewhere that noodles might not have realized that it was max. though i don't really buy it cause max pretty much spells it out for noodles. but im a romantic and kind of think it's to do with friendship. also i heard that the whole movie was a dream. because it ends and starts at a opium house, that being the reason that noodles smiles at the end. but i had an idea, at the end max is giving his speech about how noodles was to greif stricken to notice it was someone else, and that the cops were in on it. what if that smile in the end was noodles smiling because he did realise it was someone else's body. what do you guys think.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: once apon a time in america #184635
07/28/03 01:55 AM
07/28/03 01:55 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
The theory is that everything when DeNiro is old is an opium dream. So Max really did die when DeNiro gave him up. Is it bad if I consider this better then the Godfather?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: once apon a time in america #184636
07/28/03 03:07 AM
07/28/03 03:07 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
umm your opinion is your opinion but i think that the godfather is the best mob movie out there. not even that but the best movie ever made. i know that the godfather and citizen kane are usually neck in neck, but i think the godfather is way better then ck. but i do say that once apon a time is excellent. beautiful. if only henry hill's planned goodfellas sequel could equel oaatia.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull