GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184534
07/15/03 05:43 PM
07/15/03 05:43 PM
Toronto
Nick. V Offline OP
Nick. V
Nick. V  Offline OP
Nick. V
Button
Toronto
Posted on Fri, Jul. 11, 2003

Pacino may play Mafia type again ZAP2IT.COM

Al Pacino may be getting mobbed up yet again.

The Oscar-winning actor, whose career has been defined by several mobster roles beginning with The Godfather, is in discussions with MGM to star as a Mafia boss in a movie called Don Cornelius, according to the Hollywood Reporter. This time around, though, the mob backdrop is played for laughs.

The story centers on an accountant with an everyday suburban life. He's thrust into the world of organized crime after his biological father (the role earmarked for Pacino), a New York mob boss, becomes the target of a hit.

No offer has been made to Pacino yet; the studio and his agents are reportedly at odds over his fee.

In addition to the Godfather trilogy, Pacino has played criminal types in Scarface, Carlito's Way and Donnie Brasco. He has a cameo in the forthcoming Gigli, starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, and will star in HBO's Angels in America later this year.

Nick Guthe wrote the script for Don Cornelius, which apparently has no connection with the longtime Soul Train host. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Tierre Turner are on board as producers, along with Tollin/Robbins Productions.

While this role might not be large, it would still be nice to see Pacino reprise his godfather role. I have to say Pacino looked just as cool as De Niro did in Heat, in the upcoming Gigli. To bad we want see him shoot Affleck, since the ending has been changed.

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice" Tony Montana(Al Pacino) from Scarface
Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184536
08/16/03 01:43 AM
08/16/03 01:43 AM
Johnny Tightlips Offline
Made Member
Johnny Tightlips  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Omerta_Kosmos:
Sounds good
If you like Mafia comedies, you should check out Mafia!, one of the funniest movies ever!
actually that movie kind of sucked.

"I neva fucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"-Tony Montana
Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184537
08/16/03 01:21 PM
08/16/03 01:21 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips:
[quote]Originally posted by Omerta_Kosmos:
[b] Sounds good
If you like Mafia comedies, you should check out Mafia!, one of the funniest movies ever!
actually that movie kind of sucked. [/b][/quote]You nuts?

That was FUNNY!

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184538
08/27/03 07:25 PM
08/27/03 07:25 PM
United States of America
PappaGiorgio Offline
Underboss
PappaGiorgio  Offline
Underboss
United States of America
I don't see him doing this movie. Just not his style, unless they make him an offer he can't refuse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick. V:
To bad we want see him shoot Affleck, since the ending has been changed.
I would have love to see Pacino do a Tony Montana shooting on that punk Affleck.

There's only one thing I hate in this world, and it's liars.
Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184539
08/27/03 08:16 PM
08/27/03 08:16 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
To tell you guys the truth,if Al's gonna play a mob figure again, it should be SERIOUS. Not some comedic imitation OF a gangster, you know what I mean? It's just overplayed and if the Analyze movies are there, they should just leave it at that. I don't know, just my opinion.

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184540
08/28/03 05:21 PM
08/28/03 05:21 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
well we all know theres most likely going to be another godfather film.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather #184541
08/28/03 07:32 PM
08/28/03 07:32 PM
Iowa
Don Mataya Offline
Underboss
Don Mataya  Offline
Underboss
Iowa
They will most likely NOT make a GFIV. When Puzo died it diminished its chances. Plus I didnt want another GF movie. And also, if they were to make a GFIV, Pacino would not be in it.

I buy you out. You don't buy me out.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull