GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Turnbull), 357 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,066
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,461
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My first time! #178841
09/03/02 02:48 PM
09/03/02 02:48 PM
UK
T
the angel of justice Offline OP
Capo
the angel of justice  Offline OP
T
Capo
UK
No, not like that, i know what u were thinking. I went to see Insomnia yesterday at the cinema and realised that this was the first time that i've seen Al Pacino at the cinema, being too young to have seen most of his others. I've got to say as well, that he really was great, the Michael Corleone cold stare still cuts the mustard. The film in general was very good as well, by the director of Memento, had me tense the whole way through. Well worth seeing.

"Neri, take a train to Rome. Light a candle for the Archbishop." - Vincenzo Corleone

"But if he betrays me your prayers will not be swift enough to catch him on his way to hell." - Salvatore Guiliano
Re: My first time! #178842
09/03/02 07:04 PM
09/03/02 07:04 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
I want to see Insomnia too My 'local' cinema is many miles away tho so I may end up having to wait till it comes to sky box office I'm glad you enjoyed the film so much
The last Pacino film I saw on the 'big screen' was Devils advocate
I never saw any of the GF's at the cinema, I didnt see any of those till the 80's I wish I had tho
The Michael Corleone 'cold stare' tho enough to turn the milk sour

FH

Re: My first time! #178843
09/05/02 04:15 AM
09/05/02 04:15 AM
Paris, France
Almammater Offline
Underboss
Almammater  Offline
Underboss
Paris, France
I'm lucky I live in a big city where they play "old" movies over and over again, too many to mention ! This summer alone it was Scarface and Carlito's Way as far as Pacino is concerned, this week it's Raging Bull with De Niro and "Insomnia" will hit the French screens next Sept. 18 and then Simone the next week or so.

"Come heavy or not at all." Uncle Junior to Tony S.
"Nenti dire ca nenti si capi" come disse quello. (Say nthg when U know nthg.)
"Chi non ci vuole stare, se ne vada." (If U don't like it here, go somewhere else.)
Re: My first time! #178844
09/05/02 04:59 AM
09/05/02 04:59 AM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Almammater:
I'm lucky I live in a big city where they play "old" movies over and over again, too many to mention ! This summer alone it was Scarface and Carlito's Way as far as Pacino is concerned, this week it's Raging Bull with De Niro and "Insomnia" will hit the French screens next Sept. 18 and then Simone the next week or so.
Wow that is lucky, so lucky. OLD movies, oh what I wouldn't do to see the Godfather's at the pictures...ayayay

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: My first time! #178845
09/05/02 09:30 AM
09/05/02 09:30 AM
Paris, France
Almammater Offline
Underboss
Almammater  Offline
Underboss
Paris, France
yeah, Anton, that's the life I chose !

"Chi non ci vuole stare, se ne vada." (If U don't like it here, go somewhere else.)
Re: My first time! #178846
09/05/02 11:50 AM
09/05/02 11:50 AM
Ireland
goddaughter Offline
Capo
goddaughter  Offline
Capo
Ireland
I will see Pacino on the big screen for the first time next wednesday when Im going to celebrate the results of my first state exam......(irish equivalent of either GCSE's or A levels!?)
There are only a few clubs open that night and most of the tickets are already sold out so my friends and I are going to a nice restaurant followed by insomnia (of the pacino variety).

Almamater...you are so lucky....Dublin is such a lousy city.....I went to Paris last April and it was FANTASTIC....its one of my favourite places in the entire world.
Have you seen the film Amelié? I watched it a few weeks ago on video and I really loved it..what a nice film!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

"We're all gonna be three little Fonzies - and what was Fonzie?!", "Cool?", "Correct-a-mundo!"

- Jules and Yolanda, Pulp Fiction
Re: My first time! #178847
09/05/02 01:12 PM
09/05/02 01:12 PM
Paris, France
Almammater Offline
Underboss
Almammater  Offline
Underboss
Paris, France
Goddaughter, "the grass is alws greener on the other side of the fence" : I'd love to spend some time in Ireland and you love Paris, we're never satisfied with what we have !

I'm happy you liked it here, yet it's different when you're a tourist and when you live + work in the city. But as far as entertainment + culture are concerned Paris is the best city in France ! That's why I settled here ! Next time you come, let me know and I'll show you around.

Yes, I saw "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" (full French title, = "The fabulous fate of A.P."), it was a smash hit over here + in some foreign countries. I liked it but I'm not crazy abt it though, not the kind of flick I can watch 10,000 times !

Since you're in Dublin and I'm a U2 fan (but only when they're a rock band !), I can't help but ask you if you know their club/restaurant and what's it's like ?

AlmaMmater

Re: My first time! #178848
09/05/02 03:13 PM
09/05/02 03:13 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
you're a very lucky guy Almammater! you have the chanced of watching most of the old movies we liked in the big screen. plus some of the stages in Tour de France "live" yearly.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: My first time! #178849
09/05/02 04:46 PM
09/05/02 04:46 PM
Paris, France
Almammater Offline
Underboss
Almammater  Offline
Underboss
Paris, France
Oh no, please, no Tour de France !!! When they arrived at the Champs Elysées I was watching Scarface (with Al Pacino) in a small theatre in the Quartier Latin. This weekend I'll go catch Raging Bull and I will be thinking of you all + how lucky I am !

Re: My first time! #178850
09/07/02 12:43 PM
09/07/02 12:43 PM
Ireland
goddaughter Offline
Capo
goddaughter  Offline
Capo
Ireland
I wasnt even aware that U2 had a club/resaurant!!!!
But my cousin is in fact an aquaintance of Bono's daughter (Eli is her name I think or something like that) and one her friends knows Bono quite well is often a guest in his house!
By the way my little sister is a big fan of that french song "Moi....lolita" and I often find myself humming it....it got into the top 30 chart her a while ago but its a pity there isnt more French music in the charts!
As for the film Amelié I thought it was very cute but I really like the french language...it sounds so beautiful.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

"We're all gonna be three little Fonzies - and what was Fonzie?!", "Cool?", "Correct-a-mundo!"

- Jules and Yolanda, Pulp Fiction
Re: My first time! #178851
09/08/02 01:13 AM
09/08/02 01:13 AM
California
TheNextDon Offline
Made Member
TheNextDon  Offline
Made Member
California
Its really cool to see and hear where people are from...I live in a small town in California. As for Amelie, we had it in a theatre here for like 9 months...I really enjoyed it.

There are men in this world who go about demanding to be killed. You must have noticed them. They quarrel in gambling games, they jump out of their automobiles in a rage if someone so much as scratches their fender, they humiliate and bully people whose capabilities they do not know. I have seen a man, a fool, deliberately infuriate a groop of dangerous men, and he himself without any resources. These are people who wander arround the world shouting 'Kill me. Kill me.' And there is always someone always ready to oblige them. We read about it in the newspapers everyday. Such people of course do a great deal of harm to others also.
-Don Corleone about Luca Brasi

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull