GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ciment), 338 guests, and 67 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,065
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,450
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Best Gotti Book #171856
06/08/02 12:10 PM
06/08/02 12:10 PM
New Jersey
Kakingo Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kakingo  Offline OP
Wiseguy
New Jersey
Hey out of all the John Gotti books out there which is the best I am going to pick one up today so any help ASAP would be great thanks alot

Re: Best Gotti Book #171857
06/08/02 01:00 PM
06/08/02 01:00 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakingo:
Hey out of all the John Gotti books out there which is the best I am going to pick one up today so any help ASAP would be great thanks alot
I've only read Gotti:Rise and Fall. It's pretty good though. Gravano talks about him a lot in his book. In Gotti:Rise and Fall, the introduction of the book is Mr. Gotti talking. Which was actually taken from a 40 min. coversation the author had with him. There's also a book called Mob Star, by the same people who wrote Gotti:Rise and Fall. Mafia Dysnasty talks about him many times. The book is about the Gambino family and there is a section about Lucky Luciano. It pretty good too. But if you only want to read about John Gotti, then I suggest Gotti:Rise and Fall. Welcome to the forum!

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Best Gotti Book #171858
06/08/02 05:54 PM
06/08/02 05:54 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Yeah like Jade mentioned Gotti Rise and Fall is a good book.

If you can find it there's also a book titled The Gotti Tapes.

Re: Best Gotti Book #171859
06/08/02 06:55 PM
06/08/02 06:55 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I've read both Gotti: Rise and Fall and Sammy the Bull's Underboss. Underboss gives you deeper insight into what Sammy was thinking when he "ratted" on Gotti (if you believe what he says, that is), while Gotti: Rise and Fall is more or less an objective view, primarily from the law enforcement angle. However, they did use taped evidence to peek into Gotti's world. But I believe, Jade, that the introduction is what the authors imagined Gotti would say, based on his life and the evidence taped. It seems like there's a footnote which states that they attempted to get Gotti to an interview, but he refused. In answer to your question, kakingo, I prefer Gotti: Rise and Fall. It's a little hard to follow at times, but it's a lot more reliable and objective than Sammy's book.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Best Gotti Book #171860
06/08/02 08:18 PM
06/08/02 08:18 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I've read both Gotti: Rise and Fall and Sammy the Bull's Underboss. Underboss gives you deeper insight into what Sammy was thinking when he "ratted" on Gotti (if you believe what he says, that is), while Gotti: Rise and Fall is more or less an objective view, primarily from the law enforcement angle. However, they did use taped evidence to peek into Gotti's world. But I believe, Jade, that the introduction is what the authors imagined Gotti would say, based on his life and the evidence taped. It seems like there's a footnote which states that they attempted to get Gotti to an interview, but he refused. In answer to your question, kakingo, I prefer Gotti: Rise and Fall. It's a little hard to follow at times, but it's a lot more reliable and objective than Sammy's book.
I read the introduction again and it does say something about how they took the information from many conversations Gotti had participated in. Meaning the wiretappings and an interview one of the authors had with him in court during the '92 trial. So, the introduction is more of what they imagined he'd say from what they heard on the tappings and in the interview. So, you're right.

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull