GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 386 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,519
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171240
04/01/02 11:50 PM
04/01/02 11:50 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
I just watched A Bronx Tale, I liked it! It made me sad at the end when Sonny died. That was so sad!

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171241
04/19/02 03:07 PM
04/19/02 03:07 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
JIMMY WHISPERS COMPLETE

Although set in Little Italy, the bulk of the film was shot here on Staten Island
By MIKE AZZARA
ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

Staten Islanders who see the soon-to-be-released "Jimmy Whispers Returns to Mulberry Street" are certain to see familiar faces and places on the screen.

Clem Caserta, the actor who became a filmmaker to fulfill a dream, loaded the cast with Islanders and shot most of the film in the borough. One non-Islander among the leading players is Ricky Aiello, son of actor Danny Aiello who recently became part of the effort to create film studios at the former Stapleton home port.

Among the Islanders in the cast are Bob Adamo, who also served as associate producer, as Lenny the Limp; Vito Picone, who doubled as music supervisor, as Sally Baba; and the renowned martial arts instructor, Grandmaster Jhong Uhk Kim, as Lom Cheng.

Caserta took type-casting to new heights when he handed the role of a New York City detective to Mike Dacey, a New York City detective.

Caserta, who completed shooting on the low-budget independent film in a matter of weeks, is fast-tracking the post-production process too. He estimates that the film will have its premiere within six months, maybe a lot less.

The Eltingville actor began envisioning this movie even as he was playing Jimmy Whispers in the 1993 Robert De Niro-Chazz Palminteri film, "A Bronx Tale." But Caserta emphasizes that his film is not a sequel to "A Bronx Tale," which was directed by De Niro and written by Palminteri, based on his own childhood experiences.

While there are references to the earlier film, the only strong connection is the Jimmy Whispers character. "Jimmy Whispers Returns to Mulberry Street" picks up the story after Caserta's character has taken over the Palminteri (Sonny) character's illegal operations and moved to Staten Island.

Although most of the locations are on the Island -- Angelina's Restaurant, Annadale, perhaps the most prominent -- the plot focuses on Jimmy's ties to his native Little Italy. Incidentally, Angela Malerba, owner of Angelina's, makes an appearance in the picture.

In addition to his favorite restaurant, Caserta used Vincenzo's Pork Store, Rossville, which, he said, makes his favorite sandwich -- prosciutto and mozzarella with roasted peppers.

"The sandwich," Caserta said, "is one of the stars of the film." In the scene in the pork store, Caserta's 5-year-old son, "Little Jimmy," and the owner's twin sons make their screen debuts.

The actor, who wrote, produced and directed, also used his favorite Chinese restaurant, the Yes Buffet, Travis, in the film. "So many people and businesses of Staten Island helped to make this dream a reality," Caserta said.

Sunset Pizzeria, Rossville, is the location for a big fight scene and Canlon's Restaurant, Oakwood, is a family restaurant in another scene. The Lion's Lair, Stapleton, became a teen disco and a headquarters for a Chinese gang. When the tavern was damaged by fire, Caserta wrote it into the script and the Lion's Lair is seen before and after the blaze.

If you frequent the South Shore Country Club, Huguenot, you may recognize one of the bouncers in Jimmy Whispers' after-hours joint. He's played by big George Abel, banquet manager-turned-actor for the occasion.

Caserta said he received the cooperation of the Mayor's Office of Film, Theater and Broadcasting, the borough president's office and the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility in the film's production.

He said the film has been nine years in the making and acknowledges influences from several other films. He is not shy about mentioning them: "Mean Streets," "The Untouchables," "Analyze This," "The Godfather," and, of course, "A Bronx Tale."

Caserta said he expects audiences will find it "funny, tough and dramatic." And in a complete departure for films of this genre, there is absolutely no profanity in the dialogue, nobody gets killed and Italian-Americans are portrayed in a far more positive way than they are in most mobster films and TV shows such as "The Sopranos."

Although shot on Staten Island, much of the action focuses on Little Italy, where Caserta -- and Jimmy Whispers -- grew up. In the film, Jimmy, a man with a conscience despite the fact that he makes his living off illegal gambling, doesn't like what's happening in his old neighborhood and he is determined to do something about it.

What doesn't he like and what does he do about it?

For the answers, you'll have to see the film.

Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171242
04/19/02 06:20 PM
04/19/02 06:20 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
I just watched A Bronx Tale, I liked it! It made me sad at the end when Sonny died. That was so sad!
Jade, I know that you're relatively new to this board, so I'm just gonna let you know that you should give a SPOILER WARNING whenever you're gonna give away the ending to a movie like that, just in case someone hasn't seen the movie yet. Luckily I have already seen Bronx Tale, but if I was someone who was thinking about seeing it and I saw a subject heading of "Bronx Tale," I would check it out. Then the very first thing you write is who dies at the end. I'd probably be pretty upset with whoever posted that.

Your heading should have read something like:
Bronx Tale SPOILER WARNING!

Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171243
04/19/02 06:27 PM
04/19/02 06:27 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
OK!

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171244
04/19/02 06:42 PM
04/19/02 06:42 PM
sthlm, Sweden
Alberto_Neri Offline
Capo
Alberto_Neri  Offline
Capo
sthlm, Sweden
fuck I havent seen the movie yet and Im not kidding...

"After all, we're not communists"
- Barzini
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171245
04/19/02 10:05 PM
04/19/02 10:05 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I thought it was a pretty good flick, right up there with Donnie Brasco, but not quite up to Goodfellas/Scarface/Godfather status. However, I did think DeNiro's first attempt at director via this movie was noteworthy.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171246
04/20/02 09:12 AM
04/20/02 09:12 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
I changed the name of the post.

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171247
04/20/02 12:13 PM
04/20/02 12:13 PM
Indiana
D
Don Munoz Offline
Button
Don Munoz  Offline
D
Button
Indiana
I thought it was a really good movie. Definately worth watching. Spoiler:

I liked Joe Pesci's cameo at the end.

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone (1899-1947)
Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171248
04/21/02 03:15 PM
04/21/02 03:15 PM
Joisey City, NJ
Fanucci Offline
Capo
Fanucci  Offline
Capo
Joisey City, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by eddietheplumber:
JIMMY WHISPERS COMPLETE

there is absolutely no profanity in the dialogue, .
No profanity in a mob movie? What the f*ck?

Re: A Bronx Tale (CAUTION: SPOILER) #171249
04/21/02 04:19 PM
04/21/02 04:19 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
question is.... why spoil at all tho?

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull