GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lou_Para, 1 invisible), 564 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,116
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HEAT #170888
02/17/02 01:16 PM
02/17/02 01:16 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline OP
goodfellaoggie  Offline OP

Earth
this movie is one of my favorites. Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in one movie, Al Pacino is the L.A. Cop while Robert Deniro is the master thief. other actors include Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Ashley Judd and Jon Voight. but the DVD has no extra features like The Untouchables and Goodfellas. . .

> the bank robbery scene was great!

-----------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: HEAT #170889
02/17/02 02:38 PM
02/17/02 02:38 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
Heat is a sweet movie it kept me on the edge of my seat.

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: HEAT #170890
02/17/02 06:23 PM
02/17/02 06:23 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
[QB]this movie is one of my favorites. Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in one movie, Al Pacino is the L.A. Cop while Robert Deniro is the master thief. other actors include Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Ashley Judd and Jon Voight. but the DVD has no extra features like The Untouchables and Goodfellas. . .

> the bank robbery scene was great!

One of the few times De Niro gets beat...but by no other then our man Al Pacino....

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: HEAT #170891
02/17/02 08:35 PM
02/17/02 08:35 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Yeah rarely do you see a De Niro character get beaten. Im glad Al Pacino did it, hehehe. The bank robbery and shoot out was great, but my fav. scene was when they were confronted face to face. The ending ran quite long though but it was still an entertaining film.

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: HEAT #170892
02/17/02 08:51 PM
02/17/02 08:51 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
If you watch most De Niro films as a mobster...He seems to follow what I call the Code! Follow the Code. He is firm, real firm and stone cold That is the way it is and that is the way it will be...plain and simple!

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: HEAT #170893
03/03/02 07:49 PM
03/03/02 07:49 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
HEAT is a brilliant film, no 2 waize bout it, even Batman acted good in this

Re: HEAT #170894
03/04/02 07:05 AM
03/04/02 07:05 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Maybe it's just me but I've really enjoyed some of De Niro's films which have lately come out after Heat.

Men of Honour,
Analyse This,
Ronin, and
15 Minutes.

I don't think of them as amazing films but sort of, sat down with a few beers chilling out for the evening type of film just to be enjoyed.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: HEAT #170895
03/04/02 02:54 PM
03/04/02 02:54 PM
Earth

Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I agree. "Ronin", "Analyse This" were good films, but they were made ante-2000, not post as I noted. I didn't go nuts on "Men of Honor", but it was definitely better than "15 Minutes".[/QB]
i like 15 Minutes, Men of Honor and Ronin. . . havent seen Analyse This . . .

---------------------

Life Goes On

Re: HEAT #170896
03/04/02 03:03 PM
03/04/02 03:03 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
[quote]Originally posted by Rusty:
I agree. "Ronin", "Analyse This" were good films, but they were made ante-2000, not post as I noted. I didn't go nuts on "Men of Honor", but it was definitely better than "15 Minutes".
i like 15 Minutes, Men of Honor and Ronin. . . havent seen Analyse This . . .

---------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted![/QB][/quote]if ya like Mob Movies you gun find Analyze This funny as hell

Re: HEAT #170897
03/04/02 09:04 PM
03/04/02 09:04 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
i actually have heat on dvd and its one of my favorites, everyone loves the bank robbery scene!

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: HEAT #170898
03/05/02 01:00 AM
03/05/02 01:00 AM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty:
. . . havent seen Analyse This . . .

---------------------

[b]I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!
[/b]
If you like Billy Crystal, good humor and a really funny DeNiro, go rent it now

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: HEAT #170899
03/05/02 04:30 PM
03/05/02 04:30 PM
K
Kabul hitman Offline
Wiseguy
Kabul hitman  Offline
K
Wiseguy
Heat is by no means a great film. It's seems people are too willing these days to settle for mediocrity. I would argue that it isn't even a good film, it's distinctly average. I only liked examining the tailoring in the film, when De Niro walks out of the bank after the major heist he's dressed in an immaculate suit, shades and with thediagonally placed strap of the black bag full of cash, he strikes a cool high powered executive look. But if you want proper suits, we're talking men's bespoke jobs on Saville Row in London. A cut above the rest. I would place more emphasis on shoes though, yep that old adage - you can always judge a man by his shoes. Such interest in fashion may cause fellow orators to think I putt from the rough but nothing could be further from the truth. With the male cosmetics business alone worth over £1billion sterling in Britain today, isn't it time men re-examined their approach to human aesthetics ? However, I spent a period working in New York and was disgusted by the vanity shown by all. Ambition, self-importance and vanity are tasteless on their own but when demonstrated on a daily basis with wanton disregard for the inferences made by such behaviour, well then it gets a bit serious. There is a humble quality, a humility that exists in countries in Middle Eastern dirt-poor countries that all westerners could learn from. 'Dirt-poor countries', 'backward hell-holes' - it's how many see these places. Time to examine our own consciences. Look at Egypt - what a country. The ancient Egyptians were a race more advanced and cultured than any that has come since. Greeks, Romans ? Don't waste my time. These boyos were a learned people long before Plato and co. through their tuppence worth into the equation.

It was a Kalashnikov
Re: HEAT #170900
03/05/02 05:29 PM
03/05/02 05:29 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Kabul hitman:
Heat is by no means a great film. It's seems people are too willing these days to settle for mediocrity. I would argue that it isn't even a good film, it's distinctly average. I only liked examining the tailoring in the film, when De Niro walks out of the bank after the major heist he's dressed in an immaculate suit, shades and with thediagonally placed strap of the black bag full of cash, he strikes a cool high powered executive look. But if you want proper suits, we're talking men's bespoke jobs on Saville Row in London. A cut above the rest. I would place more emphasis on shoes though, yep that old adage - you can always judge a man by his shoes. Such interest in fashion may cause fellow orators to think I putt from the rough but nothing could be further from the truth. With the male cosmetics business alone worth over £1billion sterling in Britain today, isn't it time men re-examined their approach to human aesthetics ? However, I spent a period working in New York and was disgusted by the vanity shown by all. Ambition, self-importance and vanity are tasteless on their own but when demonstrated on a daily basis with wanton disregard for the inferences made by such behaviour, well then it gets a bit serious. There is a humble quality, a humility that exists in countries in Middle Eastern dirt-poor countries that all westerners could learn from. 'Dirt-poor countries', 'backward hell-holes' - it's how many see these places. Time to examine our own consciences. Look at Egypt - what a country. The ancient Egyptians were a race more advanced and cultured than any that has come since. Greeks, Romans ? Don't waste my time. These boyos were a learned people long before Plato and co. through their tuppence worth into the equation.
i can honestly say.....i have not a clue where you ended up with that one

Re: HEAT #170901
03/05/02 08:07 PM
03/05/02 08:07 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
heat not a great film? a movie with both pacino and robert de niro not great? are you sure you know what you said? maybe you should rethink that

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: HEAT #170902
03/06/02 05:30 PM
03/06/02 05:30 PM
Syndicate Offline
Button
Syndicate  Offline
Button
Oh, I loved Heat. I just wished Henry Rollin's character wouldn't have been such a pussy!!!

Yes the bank robbery scene was nice!!!!

Go rent/buy Boondock Saints now on DVD~great mob action
Re: HEAT #170903
03/06/02 09:27 PM
03/06/02 09:27 PM
Earth

Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Corleone:
If you like Billy Crystal, good humor and a really funny DeNiro, go rent it now [/QB]
i'll see pulp fiction first. . .
thanks Mr Corleone. . .

--------------------

Life Goes On

Re: HEAT #170904
03/06/02 09:36 PM
03/06/02 09:36 PM
Earth

Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Syndicate:
Oh, I loved Heat. I just wished Henry Rollin's character wouldn't have been such a pussy!!!

Yes the bank robbery scene was nice!!!!
everyone loves the bank robbery scene . . . by the way, who is Henry Rollin in the movie?

---------------------

Life Goes On

Re: HEAT #170905
03/07/02 02:56 PM
03/07/02 02:56 PM
K
Kabul hitman Offline
Wiseguy
Kabul hitman  Offline
K
Wiseguy
Just cos it has Al and Robie doesn't mean it's a good film. Shambles of a script, the chase at the end is far too long.

It was a Kalashnikov
Re: HEAT #170906
03/07/02 04:52 PM
03/07/02 04:52 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Yeah, he did say it. But since when does one (unenlightened) person's opinion have any relevence to the film's actual merit?

Never.[/QB]
Always happens with me.I always get swayed by what someone has to say about a movie.Whether it be good or a bad opinion.

Re: HEAT #170907
03/07/02 05:27 PM
03/07/02 05:27 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
HEAT was good, but it could've been great. You got 2 of the world's top actors in the film, yet there are just a couple of scenes with them interacting together. What's the deal with that?! And I wouldn't even count the "showdown" at the end actual interacting! It wasn't a "B" movie, but it definitely could've been better.
"Analyze This" IS a gem, especially Billy's dream about DeNiro and what DeNiro has to say about it (I won't spoil it for you)!
"The Score" is another excellent DeNiro film, and really drives home Camillus Don's comment about The Code.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: HEAT #170908
03/07/02 09:44 PM
03/07/02 09:44 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Heat is 1 of the best movies ever!!!!
Pacino and De Niro both give great performances,I think even more than usual cos the fact either 1 of'em does'nt want to look bad near his opponent in the same film.
The bank robbery is great,also due to the fact that unlike many other movies the sounds of the gun shots were real .It's actually a very rare thing to see,thus another reason besides the actors why this movie is a bomb.
But I have to say,my favorite part is when De Niro fools pacino and his guys,to think they were pointing the next location of act-and after they go pacino's looking to see where he pointed,then he figures out it was just a set up to get pictures of them,and pacino says"allright motherfucker"-I love that part.The all movie is a piece of art.
Kabul hitman : I would have no problem if you would say the same post,only about "The score"and not about "Heat".I was verrrry disappointed from the score.3 excellent actors and 1 common movie,that you feel you already saw it.Ed Norton was good,but the script and the movie,and the fact you have these 3 actors- GREAT MISS-
"Analyse this"-was ok.simple,funny,ok.Still,I think De Niro made his best funny acting in "Midnight run".
Ronin is also ok.I think De Niro gave 1 of his best performances in the film,although it wasnt noticed,I think due to the fact the movie was under-rated.De Niro was great,the movie was just ok.Also,you can't forget it had great driving chase.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: HEAT #170909
03/11/02 02:39 PM
03/11/02 02:39 PM
Earth

Earth
yes! i agree with you Fame! thats another great part. . . when De Niro fools Pacino and his guys. Its a SET-UP! :p

--------------------

Life Goes On

Re: HEAT #170910
04/01/02 06:55 AM
04/01/02 06:55 AM
The Last Don Offline
Made Member
The Last Don  Offline
Made Member
heat was great
pacino and deniro on the same screen what more could you want???

even though i love pacino alot, i wouldve liked 2 see deniro get away with it at the end...

"You go to law courts and wait for months. You spend money on lawyers who know full well you are to be made a fool of. You accept judgement from a judge who sells himself like the worst whore in the streets. Years gone by when you needed money, you went to banks and paid ruinous interest, waited hat in hand like a beggar while they sniffed around, poked their noses up your very asshole to make sure you could pay them back" Don Corleone to Bonasera from Godfather Novel

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull