GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 247 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,032
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,348
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gangs of New York #170884
02/16/02 03:06 PM
02/16/02 03:06 PM
Iowa
Don Mataya Offline OP
Underboss
Don Mataya  Offline OP
Underboss
Iowa
From imdb.com
Martin Scorsese is rethinking his new movie Gangs Of New York in light of recent events in his native America. The legendary director believes the film's theme - immigration into New York in the late 19th Century - has been affected since the Terrorist Attacks on America in September. He muses, "What the picture really deals with is who is American: who has the right to be here. At this point I look at the picture and things seem different to me. That doesn't mean things are going to be edited in terms of the political climate - I really have to take a hard look at this. Not just the violence, I'm talking about the attitude and use of racial swearwords." Scorsese's lavish production, filmed over many months in Italy, features an all-star cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz and Daniel Day-Lewis.

I hope he doesnt cancel this movie. It was supposed to come out around Christmas last year but was delayed because of 9-11. Now there telling me they might cancel it?! I do understand why people think there would be a problem. To tell you the truth though, I dont think there is a big problem with this and 9-11. Come on Martin! Dont cancel this one! What do you guys think?

I buy you out. You don't buy me out.
Re: Gangs of New York #170885
02/16/02 03:25 PM
02/16/02 03:25 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
I posted on this topic several months ago when the news first hit and I was very excited to see a movie made about Irish and Italian gangs in the 1800's and delighted it was being made by Scorcese. I had read excerpts from the book and I am very interested.

However, I am very concerned about the casting... I am very unimpressed with DeCRAPio (whose best films were probably Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, when he was younger - anything after that....ick!)and also Cameron Diaz. Daniel Day Lewis will probably be pretty good, but Robert DeNiro was considered for his part and when that didnt work out, they considered Willem Dafoe (two FINE actors in my opinion). Liam Neeson will probably be good as well.

I hope they don't scrap this movie either, I will watch it but I seriously doubt it will turn out to be anything grand.

We can talk about it after it comes out!!

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Gangs of New York #170886
02/21/02 08:23 AM
02/21/02 08:23 AM
London
persiangodfather Offline
Capo
persiangodfather  Offline
Capo
London
I'm really looking forward to this film being released; I think it should come out in the UK by May (not sure about the US). I was really annoyed when they put off the release last year. I myself see absolutely no good reason for it, especially when you consider how the popularity of cinema increased at the end of last year.

As for the casting, if you ignore a couple of films, Leonardo di Caprio is a good actor, and I believe Scorsese is the kind if director who can bring out the best in him. Cameron Diaz is also a good actress (look at Being John Malkovich). Again, Scorsese can bring out the best in her. Daniel Day Lewis will be excellent regardless.

Also, remember that this film is dealing with a period and aspect of American history which hasn't been explored in great depth before (of course, The Godfather Part II touched on the history of immigration).

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

"Mio padre se chiamo Antonio Andolini, e questi รจ per te!"
Re: Gangs of New York #170887
03/12/02 02:13 AM
03/12/02 02:13 AM
Joeybats Offline
Made Member
Joeybats  Offline
Made Member
About two years ago I first heard that Scorsese was working on a picture called GANGS OF NEW YORK. Well, I'll tell you, I had images of Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro shooting up neighborhoods dancing in my head.....only to find out its not about the mafia, but Irish street gangs of 1850?!?!
What the hell?
I am disappointed.........first Jar Jar Binks, now that Leo kid. What's next Tom Green in Godfather 4?
Heaven help me!

Leave the Gun...take the cannoli...on second thought leave the cannoli too, I'm on a diet.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull