GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Primo, BarrettM, U talkin' da me ??, Irishman12, JCrusher), 310 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,158
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168768
03/29/05 06:27 PM
03/29/05 06:27 PM
ACK_NO. 1 Offline OP
Button
ACK_NO. 1  Offline OP
Button
After all these years, I finally viewed the film version of Mario Puzo's The Sicilian - GAWD!!! It's as bad as everyone says!!

I found myself laughing at Christopher Lambert's painful attempts at being "dramatic" with his forced line readings. This guy has to be one of the worst actors of all-time!! Just absolutely dreadful!!

It would have been somewhat watchable had a decent actor been cast in the lead role. I'm sick of remakes, but in this case, it would be good to see a good director make a good film based on Puzo's original novel.

It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.

"Ahh, rock stars...is there anything they don't know?" - Homer J. Simpson
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168769
03/31/05 01:28 PM
03/31/05 01:28 PM
England
The Puppet Mistress Offline
Made Member
The Puppet Mistress  Offline
Made Member
England
I haven't seen the movie - I really should but I kind of avoid it coz I heard bad reviews and the book is sooooo good.
Interesting to hear your view.

"My wife was weeping before she fell asleep, outside my window I saw my Caporegimes coming to the house and it is midnight. So, Consigliori of mine, I think you should tell your Don what everyone knows."
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168770
04/04/05 03:23 PM
04/04/05 03:23 PM
Palermo, Sicily
Sonny DiCosca Offline
Made Member
Sonny DiCosca  Offline
Made Member
Palermo, Sicily
I don't wanna watch the movie since Turi looked nothing like I imagined, and it god bad reviews. But the book was very, very good.

I may have a bad reputation but I don't have a bad gun.
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168771
04/04/05 04:59 PM
04/04/05 04:59 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.
Well they are, I believe, in the making of creating a movie out of another Mario Puzo book, Omerta. Christopher Imperioli is to be writing the script.

And, I never plan to watch The Sicilian. The book was VERY good, the best of Puzo, I believe, and I don't want such a movie like this to ruin it for me.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168772
04/04/05 10:07 PM
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Junior:
[quote]Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
[b]...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.
Well they are, I believe, in the making of creating a movie out of another Mario Puzo book, Omerta. Christopher Imperioli is to be writing the script.

And, I never plan to watch The Sicilian. The book was VERY good, the best of Puzo, I believe, and I don't want such a movie like this to ruin it for me.
[/b][/quote]Are you 100% sure their gunna make it or is it rumer? If so when? cuz i

If you had any fucking heart at all you'd be out stealin'! Joe Pecsi
Turn that thing off! You should be out stealing! Lefty
You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168773
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
[b]...It would also be interesting to see books based on Fools Die and The Fourth K, but I don't know if we'll ever see those.

[/b][/quote]Are you 100% sure their gunna make it or is it rumer? If so when? cuz i dont know if i should read the book or see the movie first

You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168774
04/05/05 11:06 PM
04/05/05 11:06 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168775
04/13/05 03:11 PM
04/13/05 03:11 PM
Palermo, Sicily
Sonny DiCosca Offline
Made Member
Sonny DiCosca  Offline
Made Member
Palermo, Sicily
Quote:
Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier.

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168776
04/13/05 04:30 PM
04/13/05 04:30 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by Junior:
[b] Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier. [/b][/quote]True, but I like to compare my imagination with the director's. To see a movie based a on a book you have already read, seems to add a new dimension to the story.

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168777
04/15/05 03:09 PM
04/15/05 03:09 PM
Palermo, Sicily
Sonny DiCosca Offline
Made Member
Sonny DiCosca  Offline
Made Member
Palermo, Sicily
Quote:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
[quote]Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Junior:
[b] Well, know I am not 100% sure but there is another forum discussing this, I believe. Either way, I suggest reading the book first, I wish I did that with The Godfather. It makes a better experience in the theater and it makes the movie easier to understand.
I like to watch the move first, i'm reading the Godfather right now. It makes me see what the characters look like easier. [/b][/quote]True, but I like to compare my imagination with the director's. To see a movie based a on a book you have already read, seems to add a new dimension to the story. [/b][/quote]That's true. Because I can't imagine Turi Guiliano looking like he did in the movie... I thought he rather looked like Hercules. (however you spell it)

Re: "The Sicilian" movie: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!! #168778
04/24/05 09:47 PM
04/24/05 09:47 PM
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
I like to read the book before I see the movie. I never saw "The Sicilain" and from the post on here im pritty sure im not going to. My girlfriends dad has it and I always wanted to watch it but thank god I didnt.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull