GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (RushStreet, Malavita, mustachepete, joepuzzles234, 2 invisible), 198 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,350
Posts1,059,061
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your First Experience #19334
11/16/04 05:36 PM
11/16/04 05:36 PM
El Monte
Marco the Gent Offline OP
Associate
Marco the Gent  Offline OP
Associate
El Monte
When was the first time you ever saw any of the Godfather movies and what was your first impression? I am a pretty young guy (22) and the first time i saw Part 1 was about 4 years ago. Of course i had heard of the movie but never watched it and one day my dad bought it and he told me that when he first came to this country he saw it in Chicago and loved it. So we watched it and from the first scene on i was captivated by Marlon Brando's performance, the story and the whole cast in general. Ever since than i have been in love with the Godfather franchise and finding this message board and the website have only helped me understand the plots and characters even better. Well that was my first experience and i hope to hear yours too.

Re: Your First Experience #19335
11/16/04 06:32 PM
11/16/04 06:32 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Good topic smile

The First time i saw the movie was 3/4 years,my first impession was a negative view,too slow,

You really need to watch the film 2/3 times to understand the plot and the charecters,

I,ve probley watch the 3 films 200 times between them.

Still certain things you pick up each time you watch the films.

Like you and alot of people, im obbessed with the francise.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Your First Experience #19336
11/16/04 06:40 PM
11/16/04 06:40 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Well, I'm 15 now, and the first time I saw part 1 was at age 7 with my cousin. Obviously I didn't understand it until I saw it again a few years ago.

I've only watched part 2 twice, but I've watched part 1 maybe 10-11 times. I fell in love with Brando's performance.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Your First Experience #19337
11/16/04 07:33 PM
11/16/04 07:33 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
the frist time I seen the godfather my mother and
father was look at it and I came out my room to
get something to eat when the part of sonny getting killed when l seen that l was like WOW what this and my dad said The Godfather son

Re: Your First Experience #19338
11/16/04 08:49 PM
11/16/04 08:49 PM
Santino Jr Offline
Made Member
Santino Jr  Offline
Made Member
My first time seeing The Godfather was when I was 10 years old on tv. My mom said the movie was famous and that I would love it someday when I got older. I didnt watch Godfather movie for another 10 years and fell in love with it. We hear quotes when we are walking around and on television as well. The triology made huge impacts on the Americans whether some can believe it or not.

Its been a year or two since I saw the whole triology. I plan to watch it again very soon. Someday when I have kids, I will show the video when they are older and ready to understand the violence and crimes. orange

Santino Jr

-"I want you to sell your soul to Don Altobello to betray me."
Re: Your First Experience #19339
11/16/04 09:26 PM
11/16/04 09:26 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
The first time I saw GF1 was 3 days before my 15th birthday. I had begged and pleaded with my mother and she finally let me see it (Can you say overprotective?)Thats when I started seeing some older movies, but for awhile I got really into snowboarding and skateboarding and I felt older flicks and skating didnt really fit together so I quit watching the good movies.But then last year I rediscovered the Godfather and found this site. The rest is history. grin

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Your First Experience #19340
11/17/04 02:12 AM
11/17/04 02:12 AM
Tennessee
marlon Offline
Made Member
marlon  Offline
Made Member
Tennessee
I never thought about everyone here being that young. I first saw the movie at the theater, in 1972! Where I lived it caused a stir because of all the violence.

Re: Your First Experience #19341
11/17/04 04:56 AM
11/17/04 04:56 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I first saw part 2, 3 years ago. I didn't understand much. I was under the impression that vito's story was happening in parallel to michael's. I did not read the text they show in the starting of the film, and thought that they shot another story in Black/White just for the effect. And I wondered why they two of them do not meet lol I got so confused that I did not watch the entire film.
Later I watched the first part, which again I did not watch fully, but this time because I thought it was too slow and long. I had watched till when michael returns and takes over the business. Little did I know that some of the best scenes were yet to come. After I talked to a friend who had watched the movie fully, and clearing some of the doubts I had, I watched the movie again, and then the part 2. Since then I have become a huge fan of these 2, and have watched it over 7 or times. Last year or so I watched part 3, and did not like it as much. Still I watched it a couple of times.

Re: Your First Experience #19342
11/17/04 08:54 PM
11/17/04 08:54 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
i just started watching the movies in the summer, i must have seen them 70 times since then.when i first saw it i my dad was watching it and it was part 2.i dont know why pacino didnt appeal to me at first but now im a huge fan of every actor in the godfather movies.

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: Your First Experience #19343
11/17/04 09:32 PM
11/17/04 09:32 PM
AZ
Rudik Offline
Made Member
Rudik  Offline
Made Member
AZ
The first time I saw the godfather I was 10 years old. I was flipping through the channels and came through HBO and my dad saw it with me. He went crazy and told me to stop.He called my mom and my sis to watch the movie. The first scene I seen of the godfather was when Clemenza was showing Mikey how to use the gun. I remeber not liking it. Then a few months later I feel in love with this movie.

Leave the gun and take the canoli.
Re: Your First Experience #19344
12/06/04 06:24 AM
12/06/04 06:24 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
I watched GF1 in a picture cinema when it was released for the first time here in Italy so I believe it was 1973 and I was just a little girl. I remember I was shocked by the beheaded horse scene. I liked Mike and Apollonia's love story and was really upset by Apollonia's death (and still am, 'cause I believe FCC could have shown us more about their relationship before having Apollonia killed). And as a whole, I did not get a kick out of the movie as I was to do in the years to come. I think in the end I got a little bored too. But I suppose I was definitely too young to really understand and appreciate. That is why I waited a long long time to re-watch GF and watch GF2. This time it was love at the first sight. And I was looking forward to watching GF3 for a long time -- and of course I found it not at the same level of the previous ones, but definitely not "the rubbish" many believe it is).

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Your First Experience #19345
12/06/04 09:31 AM
12/06/04 09:31 AM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Funny thing,the Godfather was on TV while I was studying,and then I heard the words "Michael Francis Rizzi,do you renounce Satan?"
Before Pacino had the chance to say "I do renounce him" I was already in front of the TV to see what was on grin the rest is history smile

Hey Lavinia! smile -please check the PIZZA thread in general talk.

Re: Your First Experience #19346
12/06/04 11:11 AM
12/06/04 11:11 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by Debra:
Hey Lavinia! smile -please check the PIZZA thread in general talk.
Hi Debra! Go look there. You'll find my reply. wink

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Your First Experience #19347
12/06/04 11:47 AM
12/06/04 11:47 AM
The free Iraq
Aziatic Offline
Underboss
Aziatic  Offline
Underboss
The free Iraq
The first time I saw The Godfather was about 2 or 3 years ago. I was at a friend's house, and he told me, look what Ive got, you gotta watch this. I wasnt into movies that much at that time.
We were watching, and when Michael appeared, I was like...look, thats the guy from Scarface grin tongue
The movie got my whole attention in the restaurant scene...
Now, after watching the whole trilogy for like 20 times atleast, I enjoy it more everytime. And my impression is deeper and higher than at the first time... eek

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom
Re: Your First Experience #19348
12/06/04 12:06 PM
12/06/04 12:06 PM
Netherlands
Don Schulini Offline
Made Member
Don Schulini  Offline
Made Member
Netherlands
I was 19 years old when I first saw Part II, broadcasted on tv. Part I was broadcasted a week before then, and I didn't watch it then.Part II however was a great movie from the first minute in my opinion. I especially loved the flashback scenes with Sr. Roberto and in Sicily when Vito killed Don Ciccio.

I didn't thought the movie was not interesting, not even for one minute. A week later I watched part III, which was quite disappointing in my opinion but still a good movie.

When I was turning 20 (january this year) my parents gave me the Trilogy on DVD. The same evening I watched part I, the evening after that part II and part III I watched a week later. Untill my summer vacation I watched one of the Godfather movies every weekend (quite sick, I know). I think I've seen part II like 25 times, part I maybe 2 or 3 times less, and Part III, well I watched part III a reasonable 6 times.

When I first saw part I, I thought Brandos performance was unreal, best piece of acting ever. When I saw part II the first time I thought De Niro was great, and I liked the character of Pentangeli a lot.

"You never wanted my friendship, you don't ask with respect.."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull