GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 59 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
British film depicts Bush assassination #164482
09/01/06 03:37 PM
09/01/06 03:37 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
From MSNBC.com

Quote:
LONDON - A British television network plans to broadcast a dramatic, documentary-style film about a fictional assassination of U.S. President George W. Bush, the network’s head said Thursday.

The program uses actors and digital manipulation of real footage to show a fictional account of Bush being gunned down after delivering a speech in Chicago, Peter Dale, the head of More4, told a news conference.

“Death of a President,” also scheduled to be shown at the Toronto Film Festival in September, focuses on all those linked to the pretend crime — including nearby anti-war protesters, suspects, Secret Service guards and investigators, Dale said.

More4, which is the digital offshoot of Britain’s Channel 4 network, plans to show the program on Oct. 9.

The White House declined to comment on the network’s announcement, saying it would not dignify the program with a response.

“It’s an extraordinarily gripping and powerful piece of work, a drama constructed like a documentary that looks back at the assassination of George Bush as the starting point for a very gripping detective story,” Dale told reporters.

“It’s a pointed political examination of what the war on terror did to the American body politic,” he said.

Dale said he expected the film would upset some, but defended it as a sophisticated piece of work.

“It’s not sensationalist, or simplistic but a very thought-provoking, powerful drama,” he said. “I hope people will see that the intention behind it is good.”

“Death of a President” is directed by Gabriel Range, whose 2003 TV movie “The Day Britain Stopped” showed what might happen if the country’s transportation network ground to a halt.
This is sure to cause a lot of controversy.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164483
09/02/06 11:45 AM
09/02/06 11:45 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

There are many "films" that depict Presidential roles with fictionalized characters, but unless they are real life events or history, they tend to not use real characters (Forrest Gump is an exception, though it was using real events in a fictionalized sense). In this case, its clear that the current US President has been included for shock value and as a "cute" little thing for retards to download on their PC and reproduce into countless numbers of screensavers. Could you imagine if they'd used Clinton in Wag The Dog?

How about making a film about Roosevelt getting knocked off in WW II? :rolleyes:

Or maybe JFK getting whac...err...never mind.

Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164484
09/02/06 02:10 PM
09/02/06 02:10 PM
england
anthony lee Offline
Made Member
anthony lee  Offline
Made Member
england
this doesnt shock me , channel 4 are very laidback and have caused alot of controversy in the last few years , I think that this may just be telling Bush what hes risking with the wars

IN MY HOME!IN MY BEDROOM WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS!where my children come to play with their toys...
Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164485
09/02/06 03:25 PM
09/02/06 03:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I've read indepth about this "documentary", DJ, and besides the cheap shock effect of using a living and still-in-office President of the United States to get plenty of free publicity within global media.........I think its basically just a program, albeit made with European sensibilities of these times, that tried to answer this...

"What if President Bush was indeed killed by a Syrian-nationalist right now? What would the world situation be as a result?"

One conclusion I do agree with in this program is how that aside from "official" governmental apologies and letters of sadness from European governments, the populace in those nations either wouldn't care, or feel happy or "vindicated" in that regard.

Of course, the producers of this documentary base that idea from this thinking that Bush's supposed assasination would be conducted as Bush getting a taste of his own medicine, or whatever elitist snobbish Eurotrash mentality.

Me? I think the populace of those countries wouldn't feel sorry, nor care at all, if Bush was killed. Why? Because they many truely feel that its the American's fault for this, that, blah blah blah. Besides, they hate him. I mean, I would actually dance in happiness if Castro fell down the stairs and broke his neck.

Aside from my problems with the documentary's apparent base matrix of logic and rationality, overall I don't have a problem with the doc's existence itself.

However DJ, I'm sure you agree with me in how some of the European political computations on Bush and America...is simply snobbery from fellow Western imperialists that simply aren't running the show anymore. I'm sure France and Britain would be doing the same things as the United States is now, if they were still imperial powers.

Right?

Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164486
09/02/06 06:11 PM
09/02/06 06:11 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Me? I think the populace of those countries wouldn't feel sorry, nor care at all, if Bush was killed. Why? Because they many truely feel that its the American's fault for this, that, blah blah blah. Besides, they hate him. I mean, I would actually dance in happiness if Castro fell down the stairs and broke his neck.
As one of the ones you mention ("the populace of those countries") I can say I don't hate Bush. Sorry.
I don't want him killed either (what a surprise :rolleyes: ) nor do I want to see Castro fall on his face.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164487
09/02/06 06:17 PM
09/02/06 06:17 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
However DJ, I'm sure you agree with me in how some of the European political computations on Bush and America...is simply snobbery from fellow Western imperialists that simply aren't running the show anymore. I'm sure France and Britain would be doing the same things as the United States is now, if they were still imperial powers.
Concurrence.

BTW - care to sip champagne with me on the day of Fidel's visit to the big collective in the sky?

Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164488
09/02/06 06:49 PM
09/02/06 06:49 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Fuck champagne.

Fire up the grill! I get the shrimp, you get the steaks.

Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164489
09/02/06 07:59 PM
09/02/06 07:59 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Of course, no mention of a celebratory party in the streets and a trip to Versailles, shame on you RRA, and a Miami native... :p

Hey, how's it going?
Re: British film depicts Bush assassination #164490
09/02/06 08:04 PM
09/02/06 08:04 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Fuck champagne.

Fire up the grill! I get the shrimp, you get the steaks.
Okay, but only if we can drink some Cuban rum, and piss on a picture of Che Guevara!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull