GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mobcleve, CNote, lucky_bugs, 1 invisible), 254 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,845
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,308
Posts1,058,346
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164282
08/31/06 11:43 AM
08/31/06 11:43 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut (AP) -- A lawyer climbed through a neighbor's bedroom window and stabbed him to death after being told by a family member that the man had molested his 2-year-old daughter, authorities say.

Barry James, 58, was stabbed in the chest nearly a dozen times Monday. The lawyer, Jonathon Edington, 29, was charged with murder and burglary and was released on $1 million bail Wednesday.

Capt. Gary MacNamara said that police had not received a complaint about the child being assaulted before the killing, and "we have no indication it's true or not true." (Watch how killing shocks quiet Connecticut neighborhood -- 1:32)

Edington's attorney, Michael Sherman, said the information came from Edington's wife. "The daughter gave the mother information which was alarming and disturbing. The mom relayed it to her husband. That was the spark," Sherman said.

James' 87-year-old mother discovered his body. When officers went to Edington's home, they found him standing by his kitchen sink with what appeared to be blood on him, and a large kitchen knife next to him on a counter, authorities said

"He's in shock," Edington's attorney said. "This is the most unexpected turn of events one can imagine with this young man's background."

Police had gone to the neighborhood before, when Edington called to complain that he could see James through a window, police said. "Either he was partly clothed or revealed parts of his anatomy that were inappropriate," MacNamara said.

Edington, a graduate of Syracuse University and Fordham University Law School, has been practicing patent law, Sherman said. Police said Edington has no criminal record.

Rita James declined to comment on her son's death.

James served two days behind bars in 2001 on a drunken driving charge, according to the state Correction Department.

"He had some bizarre behavior over the last month," said Darrell Maynard, a neighbor. "He drove his car through his garage, hit the other neighbor's building."

Another time a neighbor found James intoxicated on the street, Maynard said. James shouted obscenities at children, he said.

As for Edington, Maynard said: "Something had to happen that was terrible for this to have occurred." Edington "seemed like a computer geek or something. He was not anybody you would ever feel you were threatened by."

------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164283
08/31/06 12:47 PM
08/31/06 12:47 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
WOW!
What "wow"?? You don't think I'd be called down to bail you out if you suspected anyone of harming Little Miss Cardi?

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164284
08/31/06 01:50 PM
08/31/06 01:50 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Little Miss Cardi, DC Jr. or Mrs. Cardi. No question about it. God forbid of course my family and I were put in that situation, someone would definitely have to bail my ass out.

My wow was not a wow of being surprised. My wow was one of seeing a father doing what he felt he had to do to protect his family.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164285
08/31/06 01:59 PM
08/31/06 01:59 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
If I found out someone was molesting my daughter...you better believe I'd track that sick bastard down and give him a beating worthy of the crime.

If it is indeed true that this man had molested this guy's daughter...then I say HELL YEA for the dad. And if it were proven that this Barry James was guilty of molesting this girl...it'll be a shame that the father will probably be sentenced to prison for the rest of his life for the murder of a sick, twisted son of a bitch. If Barry James were proven guilty...the father did the world a favor. He should be given a medal.

Unfortunately...all they have to go on is the testimony of a 2 year old girl.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164286
08/31/06 02:02 PM
08/31/06 02:02 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
They should give that father a medal, not charge him. If anybody ever touches my daughter, they're going to wish their father & mother had never met by the time I'm through.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164287
08/31/06 02:04 PM
08/31/06 02:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Don Cardi cool

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164288
08/31/06 02:05 PM
08/31/06 02:05 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
As a parent of daughters, and a geek...well, I can't say I blame him.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164289
08/31/06 02:07 PM
08/31/06 02:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It is my feeling that there has to be a whole lot more to this story for the father to just go and kill this guy on the word of a two year old child. A lot more that we are not being told about.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164290
08/31/06 02:53 PM
08/31/06 02:53 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I feel sorry for the dad. His little daughter and wife are going to need him home, but he's going to do time. I'm pretty sure that as a patent attorney, his income was substantial and the primary means of supporting his family. Their futures may unfortunately be adversely affected by this.

As much as I sympthize with him and his family and appreciate the rage that consumed him, I don't think he did his family a favor in the long run.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164291
08/31/06 05:58 PM
08/31/06 05:58 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
The man is innocent in my book. He did what he had to do. A jury probably won't see it that way. Hopefully he can get a hung jury though.

He was a little extreme though. I would have just cut the guy's stuff off.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164292
08/31/06 06:05 PM
08/31/06 06:05 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
"Accused" is the operative word here, but I'll let Plawrence drive us down that boulevard...

Stabbing is a nasty business. In fact, I imagine that it is the nastiest of the lot. I think I'd rather strangle somebody.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164293
09/01/06 04:56 AM
09/01/06 04:56 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I'd rather seen him not killing the other guy, but sueing him.

That way the offender goes to jail, and the good guy is still free. It's better than what happened now, cause now the little girl is hurt twice. Once for (possibly) being assaulted, second time for her dad doing time.
I only hope he will do less time in jail for extenuating circumstances.

However, he did murder.

Can someone with more knowledge about legal systems tell me; if whether the guy assaulted the daughter or not has any influence on the penalty given to the dad?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164294
09/01/06 06:22 AM
09/01/06 06:22 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Can someone with more knowledge about legal systems tell me; if whether the guy assaulted the daughter or not has any influence on the penalty given to the dad?
It very well may, he'll probably get second degree murder instead of first, and depending on the sympathies of the jury and judge, he may get a lighter sentence as well.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164295
09/01/06 10:00 AM
09/01/06 10:00 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
"Accused" is the operative word here, but I'll let Plawrence drive us down that boulevard...
Gee whiz, Capo. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

I'll pass and let this one die out on its own. Only one or two more to be heard from.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164296
09/01/06 10:42 AM
09/01/06 10:42 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
I'd rather seen him not killing the other guy, but sueing him.

That way the offender goes to jail, and the good guy is still free. It's better than what happened now, cause now the little girl is hurt twice. Once for (possibly) being assaulted, second time for her dad doing time.
I only hope he will do less time in jail for extenuating circumstances.

However, he did murder.

It wouldn't matter from a technical standpoint. What is relevant is the defendant's state of mind, and was he reasonable in thinking that his daughter was assaulted. This would affect the question of the degree to which he may be guilty.

An example. The law excuses actions, otherwise criminal, if done in self-defense. Self-defense is that amount of force necessary to protect oneself. If a staggering drunk starts a fist fight with you, you can't shoot him and his friends. Deadly force is permissible only when confronted with deadly force.

Now if a jury decides the defendant is reasonable to assume he's confronted with deadly force when, in fact, he's not (i.e., the robber pretending to have a gun under his coat), deadly force is permissible under the doctrine of self-defense.

I was formerly a criminal defense attorney, and in the case of this poor dad, I would certainly argue the dad's unbearable mental strain of reasonably believing that this idiot had sexually assaulted his daughter resulted in a diminished capacity, such that he could not be held responsible for his actions. This could give a juror or more something to hang their hats on in acquitting him, but it's a tough road. Courts do not look favorably upon those who take the law into their own hands as it sets a disturbing precedent, and you can imagine what it might lead to.

Anyway, what may hurt this dad in a diminished capacity defense is that he secured a knife, broke into a neighbor's home (burglary), went to the bedroom and stabbed the guy repeatedly. It was thought out and executed. It would have been better, had the killing taken place in close proximity (in time and geography) to the alleged assault.

Sorry about the length of this.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164297
09/01/06 10:55 AM
09/01/06 10:55 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
This guy had the right idea. If anyone ever touched my hypothetical son or daughter, you'd better believe he's a deadman.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164298
09/01/06 11:33 AM
09/01/06 11:33 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
It very well may, he'll probably get second degree murder instead of first, and depending on the sympathies of the jury and judge, he may get a lighter sentence as well. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I thought that maybe some of you might be interested in a thumbnail sketch of the degrees of homicide with respect to this matter.

First Degree Murder. This is a killing that involves malice aforethought- an intent to kill. It also requires premeditation to kill, but even if that intent to kill was formed a second before the act, it could still be deemed premeditation. An example of this would be Michael Corleone killing Solozzo and McCluskey.

By the way, in that scenario, Tessio, Clemenza, Sonny and Tom are also equally guilty of conspiracy for their roles.

Second Degree Murder. This varies among jurisdictions, but in Pennsylvania it is a killing done in the course of committing a felony. This would be robbing a convenient store and when the clerk resists, the robber shoots him.

Third Degree murder. This is like first degree without premeditation in most states. It's a fine distinction. This would include shooting someone while in the heat of an argument. First degree is cold blooded while third is hot blooded.

Voluntary manslaghter. This involves a death resulting from intentionally engaging in reckless behavior that unintentionally results in a person's death. If Sonny ended up killing Carlo in the streetfight, that would likely qualify as voluntary manslaughter although the Don's friends on the bench could secure a more favorable result.

Involuntary manslaughter This involves deaths caused by the defendant's unintentional carelessness. Accidentally driving through a red light and striking the crossing guard. This is a misdemeanor and often doesn't involve jail time.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164299
09/01/06 01:27 PM
09/01/06 01:27 PM
Cincinnati, Oh
Don Alessandrio Offline
Capo
Don Alessandrio  Offline
Capo
Cincinnati, Oh
I am glad the father did what he did. If the neighbor did molest his daughter and went through due process and was found guilty the world is still better that he his dead. I am completely convinced that child molestors can not be rehibilitated. No amount of medication and counseling can help them. Better off trying to rehibilitate crack heads.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164300
09/02/06 11:56 AM
09/02/06 11:56 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Pfft, he shouldn't have went nuts. Just waited until he could have knocked him out, taken him someplace for a drive (a one-way drive...), and then proceeded to have his way with him.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164301
09/02/06 08:44 PM
09/02/06 08:44 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
While it may be tempting to go the vigilante route, I think that this man did the furthest thing from acting like a man. Instead of trying to follow the law, he took it into his own hands. Now, when his wife and daughter need him most, they will simply be the center of a media circus.

Although as a mother, I would want to slowly and methodically kill anyone who I suspected of touching one of my children, I would hope to be strong enough to be there for them when I felt they needed me most. Sitting in a jail cell for some undetermined time certainly wouldn't be of any help to my babies. It would only give me some temporary sense of relief from my anger.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164302
09/02/06 08:51 PM
09/02/06 08:51 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Nah. I'd be sure to show him the business end of my 12-gauge. And that would be long after he'd been...relieved of some of his intangibles.

Besides, we'd find a good hiding place for him. Something that suits a piece of garbage.

Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164303
09/02/06 09:16 PM
09/02/06 09:16 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Yeah, we Connecticutians don't fuck around. We ol' skool, son.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl #164304
09/02/06 09:18 PM
09/02/06 09:18 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

That's right.

Just don't eat the sausage for awhile. :p

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull