GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bob Dylan Show Review #163497
08/19/06 04:29 PM
08/19/06 04:29 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Saw Bob Dylan last Saturday, I've been gone for a week so I'm just posting about it now. Don't have much time to discuss it yet.

Few notes:

-Got there early, drove for 4 hours. Got FRONT ROW, CENTER seats. (They are first come first serve)

-Bob Dylan was about 10 feet from me the whole time. I could see the sweat drip from his nose. Astounding.

- Bob was facing sideways the whole show and played keyboards, but he turned after the last song before the encore and looked right at me (I was easiest to see in the front row) and smiled. He pointed at me as he walked off.

-Setlist:
1. Maggie's Farm (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel)
2. The Times They Are A-Changin'
(Bob on keyboard and harp, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel)
4. Mr. Tambourine Man
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
(Bob on keyboard, Donnie on violin, Tony on standup bass)
6. Just Like A Woman
7. Cold Irons Bound (Bob on keyboard, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on lap steel)
8. Shelter From The Storm
(Bob on keyboard, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
9. Masters Of War
(Bob on keyboard, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on lap steel, Tony on standup bass)
10. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
11. Sugar Baby
(Bob on keyboard, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
12. Summer Days (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel)
14. All Along The Watchtower
(Bob on keyboard, Stu on acoustic guitar, Donnie on lap steel)

-When he played Tambourine Man, I nearly died.

-More to come.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163498
08/19/06 05:37 PM
08/19/06 05:37 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Awesome Ferro...you the man!

Any other observations from the concert?

P.S. - Is it true that he still refuses to play his tunes before a certain date, or was that not evident at your concert?

Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163499
08/19/06 08:07 PM
08/19/06 08:07 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Please post more.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163500
08/19/06 10:03 PM
08/19/06 10:03 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Yeah, we want more.

Remember, I have tickets for next Saturday, 8/26, in Pittsfield MA.

I'm also particularly interested in what Jimmy Vaughan (brother of Stevie Ray) did.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163501
08/20/06 07:28 PM
08/20/06 07:28 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
A friend of mine saw him a few years ago in Prague; his performance of "Mr. Tambourine Man" was not only the worst Dylan performance ever, but the worst song by anyone, ever, he said.

That sounds like an amazing experience, Ferro.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163502
08/20/06 11:46 PM
08/20/06 11:46 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Who is this Dylan guy anyway? He any good? :p

I'm actually starting to get into his music, and the more I listen, the more I like it.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163503
08/21/06 01:19 PM
08/21/06 01:19 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Ok, sorry for the delay, getting ready to move back to college. Very busy.

I live near Detroit, and the show was about 3-4 hours away in Grand Rapids. I left with my friend so we would arrive early. We also had the early entry seats, which trust me, are really important. The place was kinda packed by the time the rest were allowed in. Anyways, we got there and waited. And waited and waited. Finally we got in, I was third in line after two people who drove there from New Jersey and had been there since 8am (It was now 5 pm). They were interviewed for the newspaper. The reporter asked me my name and I told him it was Ludvig van Charles-Wittingcotten the 3rd and he immediately moved on. I didn't really care.

We got in and I ran with my friend to the very first row, center. People began shuffling in behind us. Bathroom, food, drink and buying shirts were out of the question now. Move your meat, lose your seat. So we waited in the blistering sun. And waited and waited. Heres a picture, I was standing right next to the lady in front wearing red in the bottom right, I just missed the cut I guess.

Finally two hours later, the first opening act came out. Elana James and the Continental Two (Three) came out. They were amazing. Best bassist I've ever seen. They sang some really awesome jazzy, bluegrass hits. They had a dynamite sound, plus Elana was quite a fox.

Then after waiting another half-hour, Junior Brown came out. Decked in ten-gallon hat, and 3-piece suit, he brought his signiture electric/slide guitar. He was really amazing. One of the best guitarists I've ever hard. Just so damn fast. Sounded so damn cool. He played a mix of 50's surf/rockabilly/country. Amazing low voice too.

Then came Jimmy Vaughn. Gotta tell you, not impressed. Not that bad, but not nearly as good as the two opening acts. Sorry Jimbo.

....Then the lights went low. Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man started playing (Little too corny for me) And out he came. He walked out and stood next to his instrument of choice, the keyboard. He was right in front of me but I was just motionless and glued to the floor. He casually looked around at his band and then BURST into Maggie's Farm. A very good, but not great rendition. He wasted no time in jumping into the next numbers. He would back away from the keyboard, pull off his cowboy hat, stroke his hair a few seconds, and jump right into another one.

Times They Are-A Changing was almost too good. His harmonica solo was nice, but left something to be desired. The singing was really amazing. He sounded very honest and alive.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum was good. The End.

Tambourine Man knocked my socks off. He completely revamped it's whle sound. It was truely amazing. I'll never forget it. Ever. THe Harmonica in this one was much better.

Only Bleeding was good, vocals were hard to understand and thats my favorite part of that song (Obviously)

Just Like A Woman had the whole crowd singing louder than Dylan. He liked to chop up the vocals on all his other songs, but the audience really forced him to stick to the album version, which was so nice. Just hearing him cry, "Just like a Woman!" made the night worth it.

Cold Irons Bound was again revamped differently from it's previous two versions. much more haunting and surreal. Wish I could have a copy of that performance. Very tingly. here a video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kZcmA9u9VQ

Shelter From The Storm was good. Another crowd-pleaser. People were shouting along with this one too. Just great work on all parts.

Masters of War was probably the best I've ever heard it. He really pumped new life into a song he said he'd probably never do live again (I'm sure all the current wars had some effect on his deciding to do this song.) He was clearly trying to get the message out to a new generation of fans by singing this.

Highway 61 Revisited was rockin'! Everyone was just bouncing around. Including Bob, who visibly smiled a few times during the song (a rarity). He was be-bopping on stage like there was no tomorrow. nice to see an animated Bob enjoying his music.

Sugar Baby was very great. Vocals were nice and he put the effort into this one also. A favorite of mine.

Summer Days was another big rocker. Dylan was bobbing his head around like a chicken the whole time for this song. I absolutely loved it. At the completion of this song, he turned to leave and looked out into the audience for a second. I was up on the gate just looking at him. When his eye's caught mine, I was perfectly motionless and had a very intense look on my face. I'm pretty sure that's why he smiled and pointed at me as he walked off.

Encore:

He came back out and Blew me away with Like A Rolling Stone and All Along The Watchtower. These songs were amazing. Having now seen Like A Rolling Stone live, I can die. These were almost too good to be true. He introduced his band and had a suprisingly high talking voice. I'm pretty sure his low voice is manipulated (by himself) when he sings because he still has that Freewheelin' Bob Dylan high voice.

Then he lined up with the band and stood facing the audience for the first time. He glanced my way again but I don't think he saw me. (Had Bob Dylan actually been looking for me?) He seemed really, really nervous and was twiddling his thumbs. He seemed honestly scared for the first time all night.

He walked off abrubtly and that was that.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163504
08/21/06 01:30 PM
08/21/06 01:30 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Sounded like a great night,Pitty he didn't sing "Hurricane" Now thats a great song,But i suppose he could have about 5 differant playlist and still rock the place

Nice Pics

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163505
08/21/06 01:45 PM
08/21/06 01:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Excellent review, Ferro! Thanks!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163506
08/21/06 06:04 PM
08/21/06 06:04 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Great review. I'm really looking forward to seeing him here on the 30th.

Re: Bob Dylan Show Review #163507
08/22/06 04:49 PM
08/22/06 04:49 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Glas you all liked my review. Anyone else going to see Bob, let me know what you think!

The Doc

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull