GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 287 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161436
07/05/06 04:16 PM
07/05/06 04:16 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Yes, its true a bunch of crazed fundamentalists from Saudi Arabia flew some planes into some buildings in this country, and we should have done everything possible to wipe out their masters (instead of letting them go at Tora Bora). In truth what has happened is the regime in Washington has used this tragedy to create a means by which liberty is being taken from us. About 3,000 people died on 9/11. Today nearly that many US troops are also dead, 20,000 wounded, and up to 100,000 Iraqis are dead. Are we any safer? Are we in any more danger? Who knows? The regime is not held accountable.

1. THERE IS NO WAR. Congress has not declared "War" the president has. The action in Afghanistan is a UN action and the action in Iraq is an illegal occupation of a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. If there is to be a war let Congress declare it.

2. THERE CAN NEVER BE A 'WAR ON TERROR' its like saying we are having a War on Guilt or a War on Poverty. Terror is a tactic that has been used from the beginning of warfare. So in reality terror will never be "defeated." In truth who is creating the "terror?" Why are Americans cowering in their homes? Because of Bin Laden or because the regime tells us to be terrified....with its orange alerts, and its threats against anyone who speaks put against their usurpation of our constitutional rights. Why doesnt the regime just admit that the action in Iraq is an exercise in nation building designed to create an oasis of freedom there to act as a counterweight to the Saudis and Iran (and to get us cheap oil)?

3. The "War" IS A POLITICAL RUSE - It always gets more terrifying during election years. As we fail in Iraq, as the Taliban re takes Adfghanistan, as our own Supreme Court denounces the human rights abuses at Gitmo, who does the regime blame? THE NEW YORK TIMES. Now they say if we get hit by some other nut its the fault of the Times. And who is screaming the loudest? Peter King Republican of New York who heads up the Homeland Secuirty Committee which STRIPPED NEW YORK of 40% of its "anti-terror" money so places like Nebraska can feel safe from "the terrorists."
Is King a bad republican or does he know the threat of "terrorism" is less than what the regime wants us to think it is.

Today I declare Independence from the "War on Terror." I am no longer "terrified." That is I am not terrified of Muslim nut cases, any more than I am terrified of losing out freedom.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161437
07/05/06 04:52 PM
07/05/06 04:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You sure that you didn't get this from Al Jezzera?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161438
07/05/06 05:16 PM
07/05/06 05:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Now, here is how it SHOULD read :

Yes, its true a bunch of crazed fundamentalists from Saudi Arabia flew some planes into some buildings in this country, and we have tried to do everything possible to wipe out their masters. But in truth what has happened is the libholes in Washington have used this tragedy for their own political gain. About 3,000 people died on 9/11. Today nearly that many US troops are also dead, 20,000 wounded, and up to 100,000 Iraqis are dead. Are we any safer? Well nothing has happened in our country since those attacks, despite the efforts of the libholes to render the this administration and it's military impotent in all that they have done to try and fight this war on terrorism. Are we in any more danger? Who knows? But no matter what happens the libholes will find a way to try and hold this administration accountable.

1. According to these libholes THERE IS NO WAR. Our Soldiers are fighting a battle everyday, 2500 troops have been killed, 20,000 have been wounded, but according to the libholes there really is no war. They should try telling that to the families who've lost their son's and daughters in this place where according to the libholes, there is no war.

2. THERE CAN NEVER BE A 'WAR ON TERROR' because again, the libholes continue to stick their heads in the sand and are blinded by their hatred for this President, it's administration and it's willingness to protect the people of the United States Of America. This is a tactic that has been used by the libholes from the beginning of time. So in reality terror will never be "defeated" because of the inability of the libholes to come up with any kind of an intelligent plan to support our troops. In truth who is creating the "terror?" Why are Americans cowering in their homes? Because of Bin Laden or because the libholes go against anything and everything that can help us win this war on terror. Why don't the libholes just admit that the action in Iraq is an exercise in spreading democracy and defending our own freedoms at the same time?

3. The "War" IS A POLITICAL RUSE - Well here we go again. In one breath the libholes claim that there is no war, but then in the next one, when it suits their own rhetoric, it can be called a war becasue they claim that it is a political ruse. It always gets more terrifying during election years. Because there is always the chance that the libholes will regain power in Washington, and everything that took place by our enemies in the years leading up to 2001 will stand a good chance of taking place again to lead up to another 9/11,---GOD forbid. As the libholes claim that we fail in Iraq, as the Taliban attempts to re take Adfghanistan, as our own Supreme Court denounces the human rights abuses at Gitmo, who do the Libholes blame? The Bush Administration while in truth it is themselves who have empowered the Taliban, the terrorists and the enemy to try and regain some power because the libholes have basically taken the side of the enemy in what they claim is in the name of democracy! :rolleyes:

Today I declare more support in the "War on Terror." I am not "terrified" while having a President and a republican controlled government that is willing to do whatever is necessary to protect me, my family, the citizens of the United States and anyone else who stands for democracy and freedom. That is I am not terrified of Muslim nut cases, any more than I am terrified of the libholes who have begun to lean more and more on the side of the enemy than in support of their own country and it's military.

This is how the original post should have read.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161439
07/05/06 05:19 PM
07/05/06 05:19 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Dc .... why waste ur time talking to this guy? You are wasting your breath.

ds

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161440
07/05/06 05:23 PM
07/05/06 05:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Dc .... why waste ur time talking to this guy? You are wasting your breath.

ds
Smitty, look at what he wrote! Tell me that this does not look like something that's been posted on an Extremist Islamic website! Tell me that this doesn't sound like something Bin Laden or his cohorts would say! I'm not wasting my time. Why the hell should a libhole like this be allowed to spew this kind of shit and spit in the faces of all those who dies on 9/11 and all those soldiers who are fighting on the battlefield day after day? THis is exactly the reason that the enemy believes that they can defeat us. The enemy knows that there are America haters right inside our own country and they are helping them win the media war with this kind of bullshit. It's disgusting that the libholes have pissed all over this and basically run to the side of the terrorists.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161441
07/05/06 05:26 PM
07/05/06 05:26 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
U are right DC. Sometimes I wonder who these people really are on this web site? Sometimes I think that they say they are someone but are really some kind of extremist who is trying to brain wash us.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161442
07/05/06 05:45 PM
07/05/06 05:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
There is no war. :rolleyes: Give me a fucking break.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161443
07/05/06 06:07 PM
07/05/06 06:07 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Today I declare more support in the "War on Terror."
You think this "war on terror" will ever be won? And as such, that there will be no more terror?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161444
07/05/06 06:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] Today I declare more support in the "War on Terror."
You think this "war on terror" will ever be won? And as such, that there will be no more terror? [/b][/quote]I believe that this war on terror can be won if democracy is spread within the middle east and all the governments and countries in the world who have the ability to fight in this war on terror partake in it. If all the powerful nations in this world banded together and went out to fight Islamic Extremists like AL Qaeda, Hamas,etc. and countries refused to aid, finance and harbor these terrorists, then yes, it can be won.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161445
Martin Joseph Offline
Button
Martin Joseph  Offline
Button
The war on terror is just like the war on drugs, and it may never end.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161446
07/05/06 06:22 PM
07/05/06 06:22 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPS MAYBE PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE ME

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161447
07/05/06 06:27 PM
07/05/06 06:27 PM
Northeast
reynols Offline
Underboss
reynols  Offline
Underboss
Northeast
its a war on power to see who can have the most and george is trying to win b4 he gets booted..he'll get his in the afterlife

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161448
07/05/06 07:41 PM
07/05/06 07:41 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Well DC I agree with everything you stated, although responding to people like the thread starter is kind of pointless(I can see why you did though) as they are so set in their ways/beliefs that they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on their backside.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161449
07/05/06 08:03 PM
07/05/06 08:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by reynols:
its a war on power to see who can have the most and george is trying to win b4 he gets booted..he'll get his in the afterlife
Wow! I'm amazed! All this time I thought I had somewhat of a handle on what is going on in the world. But after reading your post now I understand everything! Such insight and intelligence. Thank you for making us all realize what this is really all about.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161450
07/06/06 08:43 AM
07/06/06 08:43 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPS MAYBE PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE ME
IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPS PEOPLE MIGHT THINK I TELL THE TRUTH.

Why doesn't anyone ever listen to the image:

"Just don't reply,"
Double-J

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161451
07/06/06 09:51 AM
07/06/06 09:51 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by reynols:
What r u talking about? He is trying to protect u and the people of our country from the pigs that want to kill us all.

ds

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161452
07/06/06 10:38 AM
07/06/06 10:38 AM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
1. According to these libholes THERE IS NO WAR. Our Soldiers are fighting a battle everyday, 2500 troops have been killed, 20,000 have been wounded, but according to the libholes there really is no war. They should try telling that to the families who've lost their son's and daughters in this place where according to the libholes, there is no war.

2. THERE CAN NEVER BE A 'WAR ON TERROR' because again, the libholes continue to stick their heads in the sand and are blinded by their hatred for this President, it's administration and it's willingness to protect the people of the United States Of America. This is a tactic that has been used by the libholes from the beginning of time. So in reality terror will never be "defeated" because of the inability of the libholes to come up with any kind of an intelligent plan to support our troops. In truth who is creating the "terror?" Why are Americans cowering in their homes? Because of Bin Laden or because the libholes go against anything and everything that can help us win this war on terror. Why don't the libholes just admit that the action in Iraq is an exercise in spreading democracy and defending our own freedoms at the same time?

3. The "War" IS A POLITICAL RUSE - Well here we go again. In one breath the libholes claim that there is no war, but then in the next one, when it suits their own rhetoric, it can be called a war becasue they claim that it is a political ruse. It always gets more terrifying during election years. Because there is always the chance that the libholes will regain power in Washington, and everything that took place by our enemies in the years leading up to 2001 will stand a good chance of taking place again to lead up to another 9/11,---GOD forbid. As the libholes claim that we fail in Iraq, as the Taliban attempts to re take Adfghanistan, as our own Supreme Court denounces the human rights abuses at Gitmo, who do the Libholes blame? The Bush Administration while in truth it is themselves who have empowered the Taliban, the terrorists and the enemy to try and regain some power because the libholes have basically taken the side of the enemy in what they claim is in the name of democracy! :rolleyes:

Today I declare more support in the "War on Terror." I am not "terrified" while having a President and a republican controlled government that is willing to do whatever is necessary to protect me, my family, the citizens of the United States and anyone else who stands for democracy and freedom. That is I am not terrified of Muslim nut cases, any more than I am terrified of the libholes who have begun to lean more and more on the side of the enemy than in support of their own country and it's military.

This is how the original post should have read.

Don Cardi
Nice work DC...especially the term libholes.

1. Iraq Yes 2500 of our finest are dead in Iraq....for what? Soon there will be more dead Americans in Iraq than the total who died on 9/11. First it was to find WMD (a lie). This was going to be a "cakewalk." How has this done anything to stop terror? Are you now saying that the purpose of this occupation of Iraq is to use that land as the battleground against Al Quaeda? If so, then why doesnt the regime admit this? And why is it that not one child of one winghole Senator or Congressman is serving in this noble cause? Its because they are content to use people who are economically less fortunate to be their cannon fodder.

2. The fact that there can not truly be a "war on terror" has nothing to do with liking or disliking Bush. The bottom line is IF there is a terrorist threat like he says, are we any safer? What about our ports? What about the reduction of funds to New York City. How can that be defended?

3. It is a Political Ruse ... it was the Reagan administration which funded the jihadists who were fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan and it was also the Reagan administration which gave arms to Saddam. Just this morning on the news it has been revealed that the NSA was going after telephone records of US citizens without warrants BEFORE 9/11. Why? They ignored that hard to understand August 6 memo saying Bin Laden to use airplanes as weapons, but they wanted to know who I called. Now Bush says the warrantless searches were a response to 9/11. But since he asked for them before 9/11 clearly they were not. They were a shameless grab to seize power.

Finally in response to the wingholes who have made personal attacks on me and my patriotism I say SHAME ON YOU! Your tactics are deplorable. I am an American patriot who does not want to see his country ruined politically and economically by this misguided and poorly managed "war."
Quit the swiftboat tactics and debate the issue.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161453
07/06/06 12:34 PM
07/06/06 12:34 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I believe that this war on terror can be won if democracy is spread within the middle east and all the governments and countries in the world who have the ability to fight in this war on terror partake in it. If all the powerful nations in this world banded together and went out to fight Islamic Extremists like AL Qaeda, Hamas,etc. and countries refused to aid, finance and harbor these terrorists, then yes, it can be won.
Terrorism is more than just some loonatic Jihadi's. That's only part of terrorism.

Terrorism has been around since civilisation exists.
Catilina terrorised the Roman Empire and tried to make it a dictatorship.
The Hunes terrorised Eastern Europe and the Roman Empire in 350 AD.
There was terrorism in the middleages, in the renaissance, in the 18th, the 19th, and the 20th century. It will also exist in the 21th and the 22th century. I hope you're right and that it will cease to exist once every nation on earth has democracy. But I think not, I think terrorism is like extreme-right, racism, and murder; something that is inherent to the human civilisation, and that diminishes in good times, and expands in worser times, like we're in today. It depends much on economic growth.

Hamas. They do great things for the Palestinians, when it comes down to social cares. They give health care to a great deal of the Palestinians, they give education, they try to keep the youth from criminality, they even tried to install an own social security network. All good things in se.
They also bomb and kill innocent Jews.

Should they be executed? Bush and with him most world leaders also do good things and bad things. Should they be eliminated?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161454
07/06/06 01:08 PM
07/06/06 01:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Terrorism is more than just some loonatic Jihadi's. That's only part of terrorism.

Terrorism has been around since civilisation exists.
So has crime for that matter. So has poverty. So has starvation. Does that mean that we shouldn't fight crime, poverty or starvation and try to minimize them or abolish them?

Or are you simply implying that because terrorism has been around since the begining of time that we shouldn't try to fight it or abolish it?

As for your analogy between Hamas and people like my President, well that's just a ridiculous analogy that doen't even warrant any kind of intelligent debate or response.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161455
07/06/06 01:37 PM
07/06/06 01:37 PM
Northeast
reynols Offline
Underboss
reynols  Offline
Underboss
Northeast
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[quote]Originally posted by reynols:
[b] its a war on power to see who can have the most and george is trying to win b4 he gets booted..he'll get his in the afterlife
What r u talking about? He is trying to protect u and the people of our country from the pigs that want to kill us all.

ds [/b][/quote]nobody from iraq ever killed an american in a terrorist act. so he is protecting me from the innocent women and kids hes mutilating daily? what does being in iraq have to do with bin ladin whos still FREE, wheres the connection? how can u liberate a country by killing the people who live there? of course we can say he's protecting the country bcuz we are here in the safety of our homes, not having bombs dropped all around us everday. american news isnt going to tell u how many ppl are being killed there bcuz the numbers are horrible n nobody here gives a shit bout those ppl bcuz there over there and we are here so we dont know whats really going on n neither would most of us care bcuz we still have OUR freedom. the war was a scam from the second they sent troops there n alwayz will be to any human being

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161456
07/06/06 01:41 PM
07/06/06 01:41 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
[
So has crime for that matter. So has poverty. So has starvation. Does that mean that we shouldn't fight crime, poverty or starvation and try to minimize them or abolish them?

Or are you simply implying that because terrorism has been around since the begining of time that we shouldn't try to fight it or abolish it?

As for your analogy between Hamas and people like my President, well that's just a ridiculous analogy that doen't even warrant any kind of intelligent debate or response.

Don Cardi [/QB][/QUOTE]

The point is the term "WAR ON TERROR" is a total scam. Of course everyone is against terrorism (defined as the use of violence against innocent people to achieve some end), just like everyone is against crime or poverty. The point is you cannot have a "War" against it. We should have the guts to say this "war" is against Islamo-Fascism, which is the only thing I can think of to justify it.

I think it is a bit extreme to compare Bush to Hammas, but the writer was IMHO trying to show that like Hammas, Bush sometimes does good things, and sometimes not so good things, just as Hammas does.

My real problem with Bush is that he claims he is fighting this "war" to spread democracy, and I remain unconvinced that he really believes in democracy.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161457
07/06/06 01:49 PM
07/06/06 01:49 PM
Rejected from Witness Protecti...
Henry Hill Offline
Wiseguy
Henry Hill  Offline
Wiseguy
Rejected from Witness Protecti...
Many Americans, particularly Irish Americans, have been guilty of sponsoring terrorism by contributing to IRA fundraising, funding a war against the United Kingdom - who you pretend is an ally you respect.

Individual Democrat and Republican politicans alike have declared the IRA 'freedom fighters' -- they are nothing of the kind, they are the worst kind of terroist scum guilty of many hundreds of deaths in my country - the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The war on terroism did not start on Sept 11th 2001.

That's just the day America woke up.

"If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing"
Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161458
07/06/06 02:31 PM
07/06/06 02:31 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry Hill:
Many Americans, particularly Irish Americans, have been guilty of sponsoring terrorism by contributing to IRA fundraising, funding a war against the United Kingdom - who you pretend is an ally you respect.

Individual Democrat and Republican politicans alike have declared the IRA 'freedom fighters' -- they are nothing of the kind, they are the worst kind of terroist scum guilty of many hundreds of deaths in my country - the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The war on terroism did not start on Sept 11th 2001.

That's just the day America woke up.
I don't know of any national politicians calling the IRA freedom fighters although many, probably most, believe in a united, free Ireland (a sentiment voiced by George Washington)
Also, before you go around calling people scum, take a long hard look at the brutal legacy your country left in Ireland, India, etc.

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161459
07/06/06 03:51 PM
07/06/06 03:51 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Wasn't John Brown the abolitionist a terrorist?

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161460
07/06/06 03:53 PM
07/06/06 03:53 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Wasn't John Brown the abolitionist a terrorist?

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161461
07/06/06 03:54 PM
07/06/06 03:54 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by klydon1:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] Wasn't John Brown the abolitionist a terrorist?
[/b][/quote]Yep. Samuel Adams?

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161462
07/06/06 04:31 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Adams I dont know. He kill anyone?

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161463
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

What about anyone who orders bombing which they know will cause "collateral damage?"

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161464
07/06/06 05:48 PM
07/06/06 05:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
DonT, you totally missed the point that I was trying to make in response to the poster saying that terrorism has been around since the begining of time. My reply was in response to the implication that because it has been around since the begining of time, we shouldn't even bother trying to defeat it. As I said to him, does that mean because poverty and and crime have been around since the begining of time, we shouldn't bother trying to defeat those either?

His arguement was a weak one.

Go back and re-read what he originally posted and you'll see why I replied the way that I did in my post.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "WAR ON TERROR" IS A SCAM #161465
07/06/06 05:56 PM
07/06/06 05:56 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Terrorism is just inherent to our society. The only thing we can do is try to diminish it, but it will never be destroyed. Unless in Utopia.

That means this "War on Terror" is a neverending war. Who wants that? I'm okay with fighting against terrorism, it's necessary. But I have troubles with the term "War".

Of course poverty and starvation should also be excluded from this world. But it won't really work out I think, because poverty is something that is inherent to this capitalist world. Not to capitalism in se, but to the uncontrolled capitalism of today.

And who knows from which party the next president will be? If it'll be a democrat, chances are he will end this "war".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull