GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Frankie_Five_Angels, Jimmy_Two_Times), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,321
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160796
06/25/06 05:11 PM
06/25/06 05:11 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey

Actually, SC...if it wasn't for G.W....AL GORE would be President!!

For I'm pretty certain that Gore would've handily defeated John McCain....without the necessity of even a single recount.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160797
06/25/06 06:23 PM
06/25/06 06:23 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
I happen to think that if you're going to mean the superpowers, or members of G8, or the 1st-world nations, then you should say that specifically. To saw "Western" nations tends to imply the West, which typically wouldn't include Russia, Australia, etc., but only the US, Canada, and Mexico, and almost always refers specifically to the USA.
Sorry, misunderstanding. I always have learned and used the terms 'West' or 'Western countries' as referring to Western Europe and USA/Canada. Maybe it's indeed better to refer to the G8, or the industrialized countries, or the rich countries.

Nevertheless, I still think the rich countries should help the poor, and ALL the poor, not only those where stability comes in handy. I know I've played this violin too many times for JJ, but these boards consist out of nothing but violins so...

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
So you're gravely mistaken if you believe that the Western World does not want stability in that region of the world. It is quite obvious that stability would be very beneficial to the Western world.
Okay, fair deal. But then, why isn't anyone doing anything for that country? There was a war between 1998 and 2003, with 4,000,000 deaths. No one did something. After 2003, another half millions deaths only caused by violence.

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] Thank GOD for George W. Bush.
You're right. If it wasn't for him Dick Cheney would be president. [/b][/quote]

As far as Bush goes, he is certainly no Hitler. He is dumb and he has the wrong goals and a bad intern policy and a bad global policy and he even does the wrong things to reach his goals which were already bad.
But that's caused by ignorance, stupidity, a clouded mind and bad advisors, not by an all-out almost biologically determined evilness like Hitler.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160798
06/25/06 07:41 PM
06/25/06 07:41 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Okay, fair deal. But then, why isn't anyone doing anything for that country? There was a war between 1998 and 2003, with 4,000,000 deaths. No one did something. After 2003, another half millions deaths only caused by violence.
Apathy? I mean, you have to admit, nations like the ones we've called "allies" (Germany, France, Russia, etc.) have done a pretty good job at keeping their hands out of the dirt for some time now, allowing the U.S. to do the dirty work and then lambast them when something goes wrong.

Quote:

As far as Bush goes, he is certainly no Hitler. He is dumb and he has a bad intern policy
I dunno. I'd think a bad intern policy is getting caught, and that wasn't Bush, but Clinton.

Best,
DJ

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160799
06/25/06 08:19 PM
06/25/06 08:19 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]...He is dumb and he has the wrong goals and a bad intern policy and a bad global policy and he even does the wrong things to reach his goals which were already bad.
But that's caused by ignorance, stupidity, a clouded mind and bad advisors...

But come clean, Enzo...tell us what you really think of the President of the United States of America, Chief Executive, Leader of the FREE WORLD!!

Oh, that's right...he's no Hitler.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160800
06/25/06 08:28 PM
06/25/06 08:28 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

At least he isn't Hitler... :p

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160801
06/25/06 08:34 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Apathy? I mean, you have to admit, nations like the ones we've called "allies" (Germany, France, Russia, etc.) have done a pretty good job at keeping their hands out of the dirt for some time now, allowing the U.S. to do the dirty work and then lambast them when something goes wrong.
I know. Germany, France and the UK are fuckers, too busy worrying about a bunch or racists in their own countries. Italy? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Oh, that's right...he's no Hitler.
Others said he was. And because of my anti-Bush thinking, I had to say I am not like other lefties who think he's right there with Hitler. You don't want to suspect me of opinions I don't have, do you Apple.
:p

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160802
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
At least he isn't Hitler... :p
What will the future bring us?

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160803
06/25/06 08:37 PM
06/25/06 08:37 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
I know. Germany, France and the UK are fuckers, too busy worrying about a bunch or racists in their own countries. Italy? :rolleyes:
Aha! And this should be your epiphany.

You denounce the West (G8?) for not acting in the Congo...and yet you've just acknowledged salient internal/domestic problems that each has to bear which, as you've alluded to, are significant dilemmas for each individual nation.

You also forget the Russians and Chechnya. :p

However, forgive me for wondering why the French Islamic problems are keeping the UN from actually doing something. :rolleyes:

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160804
06/25/06 08:55 PM
06/25/06 08:55 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:

You denounce the West (G8?) for not acting in the Congo...and yet you've just acknowledged salient internal/domestic problems that each has to bear which, as you've alluded to, are significant dilemmas for each individual nation.
Yes. They are too busy with things that shouldn't even be problems, while the real problems are out there, somewhere else.

And I just learned a new word: epiphany. Thanks!
What exactly does it mean?

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160805
06/25/06 09:05 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]...They are too busy with things that shouldn't even be problems...
Like what?

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160806
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Yes. They are too busy with things that shouldn't even be problems, while the real problems are out there, somewhere else.

And I just learned a new word: epiphany. Thanks!
What exactly does it mean?
Considering the U.S. (and the other coalition nations) are fighting global terrorism and warring in two countries, I should think those other countries mentioned as well as the UN would be able to spare their armies or begin some earnest action to stop those African issues. But again, it isn't worth it for them to get their hands dirty. With people like Kofi Annon making money off the oil-for-food scandal, why would they care about Congolese genocide?

---

Epiphany

Best,
DJ

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160807
06/25/06 09:09 PM
06/25/06 09:09 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I think certainly the cartoonish people on these boards are the extremist partisans, from Person A, who while in the middle of hating terrorists for doing awful things to our troops, then launched on an attack on Democrats, while Person B just compared Bush to Hitler.

Really, can't we just have crazies of both sides just locked away on some island?

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160808
06/25/06 09:18 PM
06/25/06 09:18 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] [QUOTE]...They are too busy with things that shouldn't even be problems...
Like what? [/b][/quote]Wrong finance of social security and a lacking view about immigration. And every political party in Europe is spending half of his time worrying about all the votes the extreme-right parties of every country get.

Quote:
With people like Kofi Annon making money off the oil-for-food scandal, why would they care about Congolese genocide?
Exactly.
I think Kofi's the same as Bush. Good intentions, but wrong actions.
Anyways, global terrorism is also African terrorism , not only Jihadi terrorism. Not talking to you JJ, but people in general tend to forget that.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160809
06/25/06 10:31 PM
06/25/06 10:31 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
DC, this is where we disagree. I think that the President's campaign against Iraq came from a personal vendetta, to finish up what his father didn't. Imagine if the first President Bush had actually listened to Schwarzkopf and given him the extra time he asked for, to finish the job properly?? I wonder what the future would've held.
Well I partially agree with you SB on the point about a personal vendetta. Only I don't believe that his personal vendetta was the deciding factor in his decision to go into Iraq. Yes, it may have played a small part in that his thinking was that he now had the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. After all Saddam had taken a contract out on his father's life. And any human being would want revenge on someone who ordered the death of their father. Wouldn't you?

But I absolutely do NOT believe that it was the major deciding factor in our going into Iraq.

As for your statment about his father not listening to Norman Schwarzkopf, well you along with several others have made that assertion in the past. However I must remind you that when the gulf war took place, it was done WITH the approval of the United Nations and under the laws and the supervision of the United Nations. And had George Sr. wanted to assassinate Saddam at the time, he could not do so because he would have needed UN approval. And at that time of the Gulf War, the UN rules stated that Saddam was a UN recognized President of a country. Therefore under UN rules a nation cannot assassinate a president of a country that is recognized with the UN. Had Bush Senior ordered the killing of Saddam, he would have broken all UN rules and would have subject himself to being brought up on trial in a world court and charged with war crimes.

So it was out of father George's hands at the time.

Perhaps that is why President Bush Junior told the UN to see where they had to go when he petitioned them to take action against Saddam and they refused. He probably did not want to have his hands tied the way that his father did had the opportunity arose where he could have Saddam killed.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160810
06/25/06 11:42 PM
06/25/06 11:42 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
The cause for wars is irrelevant to the populace. Its the results that matter.

If America had, somehow, won Vietnam, would people give a spit about the Gulf of Tonkin incident and other shit done at the time to get more direct American military involvement in the region?

Again, look at the Spanish-American War. If anything, the hysteria at the time with the U.S.S. Maine being blown up by a Spanish mine is now silly, since most believe an explosion, probably the engine itself, blew up. Of course, that is irrelevant, since the Americans went to war in April 1898, and a few months later, we got some nice islands.

Now at Iraq, are we winning? If we are, how close in direct measurements? Better yet, who else do we have to blow up?

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160811
06/26/06 08:55 AM
06/26/06 08:55 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
The cause for wars is irrelevant to the populace. Its the results that matter.

Now at Iraq, are we winning? If we are, how close in direct measurements?
Well it all depends on what you consider winning and how it is measured. But let me give you some facts :

According to UNICEF more than 2,500 schools have been renovated with the goal of 4,000 being completed by the end of the year. School attendance in Iraq has increased by almost 80% and more than 3 1/2 million children had been immunized since the removal of Saddam.

The Iraqi Ministry has reported that all 240 hospitals in Iraq as well as 2400 primary health care clinics have been restored to full operation since the removal of Saddam.

I believe that a constitution was signed over the past year and for the first time ever national elections took place giving the people of Iraq the freedom and right to pick their own leaders.

Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.

The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.

Sewer and water lines are installed in almost every major city.

Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.

Girls are allowed to attend school.

So again, it all depends on what you consider a measurement for winning the war. I'm sure that those Iraqi people who've have been given the benefit of all the things mentioned above, things that you and I take for granted everyday, will tell you that in their eyes the coalition forces are winning the war.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160812
06/26/06 09:54 AM
06/26/06 09:54 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Exactly.
I think Kofi's the same as Bush. Good intentions, but wrong actions.
Anyways, global terrorism is also African terrorism , not only Jihadi terrorism. Not talking to you JJ, but people in general tend to forget that.
I don't really think that its the same. Even if you disagree with the Iraq War, arguably most would concede that Bush's motives were good in trying to defeat terrorism, remove a genocidal dictator with WMD's, etc.

Kofi Annon stole money that was supposed to be going to the Iraqi people, and was involved in the corrupt business dealings with Saddam.

---

And as far as global terrorism goes, Somalia just appointed an Al Qaeda man to lead the government.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160813
06/26/06 10:18 AM
06/26/06 10:18 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
DC, I understand what you said about Saddam wanting to assassinate his father, but I don't believe that he should've taken it personally. I mean, his father was the president of the USA. That's a risk that comes with the job. That's what the Secret Service is for, isn't it? While he may have wanted to take his personal revenge, do you put a nation and an army of young men and women at risk to satisfy a personal vengeance??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160814
06/26/06 10:24 AM
06/26/06 10:24 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
But I absolutely do NOT believe that it was the major deciding factor in our going into Iraq.
"He'd have a very big Schwarzkopf,"
Double-J

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160815
06/26/06 10:28 AM
06/26/06 10:28 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Bush. Good intentions, but wrong actions.
The President’s $100 million East Africa Counterterrorism Initiative (EACTI) was implemented to combat terrorism, provide military training for border and coastal security as well as police training in Africa.

The Interagency Terrorist Finance Working Group which happens to be under the United States Department Of Defense has worked with African officilas for the past 3 years to fight terrorism in Africa.

So I don't know why you imply that The United States, some of it's people and The President have forgotton that global terrorism is also African terrorism.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160816
06/26/06 10:35 AM
06/26/06 10:35 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
While he may have wanted to take his personal revenge, do you put a nation and an army of young men and women at risk to satisfy a personal vengeance??
Absolutely not!

But as I originally said

Quote:
"I don't believe that his personal vendetta was the deciding factor in his decision to go into Iraq. Yes it may have played a small part in that his thinking was that he now had the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. But I absolutely do NOT believe that it was the major deciding factor in our going into Iraq."
Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160817
06/26/06 11:01 AM
06/26/06 11:01 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
So I don't know why you imply that The United States, some of it's people and The President have forgotton that global terrorism is also African terrorism.
Perception. I have this impression every time Bush talks about his "War on Terror" he means Al Zawahari and his Jihadi fucks. But thanks for telling me about East Africa, didn't know that yet.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160818
06/26/06 11:07 AM
06/26/06 11:07 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Perception. I have this impression every time Bush talks about his "War on Terror" he means Al Zawahari and his Jihadi fucks. But thanks for telling me about East Africa, didn't know that yet. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I think you mean presumption.

And you're very welcomed.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160819
06/26/06 11:44 AM
06/26/06 11:44 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Quote:
dontomasso, I don't know WHERE you get your information, and I've already conceded on this Board that you are a lost cause, so whatever you post here doesn't affect me personally, and doesn't change the fact that GW was right to go into Iraq.

But do yourself a favor and get your head out of the sand.

You'll feel alot better...someday.

Apple
I deliberately posted this on Saturday to see the level of debate, and overall it is excellent. All sides making good points worth debating. Of course we have this one exception here who cannot make a reasonable argument, si it takes a personal shot at me. While I respectfully disagree with many people and others respectfully disagree with me, this poster shows no respect, just its usual nasty, vituperative and bascially nasty nature. Perhaps some therapy is on order.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160820
06/27/06 08:13 AM
06/27/06 08:13 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
As for your statment about his father not listening to Norman Schwarzkopf, well you along with several others have made that assertion in the past. However I must remind you that when the gulf war took place, it was done WITH the approval of the United Nations and under the laws and the supervision of the United Nations. And had George Sr. wanted to assassinate Saddam at the time, he could not do so because he would have needed UN approval. And at that time of the Gulf War, the UN rules stated that Saddam was a UN recognized President of a country. Therefore under UN rules a nation cannot assassinate a president of a country that is recognized with the UN. Had Bush Senior ordered the killing of Saddam, he would have broken all UN rules and would have subject himself to being brought up on trial in a world court and charged with war crimes.

So it was out of father George's hands at the time.

Perhaps that is why President Bush Junior told the UN to see where they had to go when he petitioned them to take action against Saddam and they refused. He probably did not want to have his hands tied the way that his father did had the opportunity arose where he could have Saddam killed.

Don Cardi
DC, as always, great points. I'd also like to point out how closely we were working with Arab nations at the time, especially Saudi Arabia, who certainly wouldn't have approved of us trying to depose Saddam. The first Gulf War had one purpose, to push Iraq out of Kuwait, and it was an outstanding success.

All these people monday-morning quarterbacking saying that we should have done this, or killed him aren't being realistic. They're trying to take a complex situation and turn it into a really simple one.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160821
06/27/06 09:23 AM
06/27/06 09:23 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Thanks DC for the info, but what about enemy military forces?

That is what I'm interested in.

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160822
06/27/06 09:35 AM
06/27/06 09:35 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Thanks DC for the info, but what about enemy military forces?

That is what I'm interested in.
I don't understand your question and am not sure which of my posts you are replying to. Could you be more specific?

What information are you looking for about what enemy forces and in which situation?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160823
06/27/06 09:47 AM
06/27/06 09:47 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Okay, how many more people do we have to blow up that are part of the insurgency?

10,000? 5? 500?

Trust me, the Pentagon has assesments in regards to how many are in it, so you know DC?

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160824
06/27/06 10:00 AM
06/27/06 10:00 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Okay, how many more people do we have to blow up that are part of the insurgency?

10,000? 5? 500?

Trust me, the Pentagon has assesments in regards to how many are in it, so you know DC?
I know?

You use the term "people" in your post and what you do is make it sound and imply that we are just arbitrarily blowing up innocent people. And the term "insurgency" makes it sound like these terrorists are minutemen fighting for freedom.

So I'll rephrase your question for you :

How many terrorists do we have to blow up that are a part of the extremist jihadist movement who's goal is to destroy all non believers?

As many bombs as it takes to eventually wipe these scumbags out or send them back to their caves.

Your question is one that really cannot be answered because it goes right back to my earlier assertions that the terrorists are not a part of a government, a military or a nation. So therefore it is almost impossible to estimate how many members are a part of their organization.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #160825
06/27/06 10:21 AM
06/27/06 10:21 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
And the term "insurgency" makes it sound like these terrorists are minutemen fighting for freedom.
So what do you think they are 'fighting' for, then?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull