GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 66 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,819
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Little To Big Chicago #159632
06/08/06 12:41 AM
06/08/06 12:41 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline OP
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline OP
Underboss
Little Chicago
A few days ago, I cleared up my whereabouts. People thought I live in Chicago, whereas I live in a place the mafia knows as "Little Chicago". More information is on this post:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010262;p=2

Anyway, I mentioned how I haven't been to Chicago for a while. A day or so after that post was posted, my folks told me that we have tickets to Wrigley Field. Love will be in Chicago next week. I will be sure and stop at the bakeries promoted by YoTonyB on this thread:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010163#0000 10

I'm really excited this time, more than before. The last time I went to Chicago, I wasn't big into the mob as I am now. This should really be interesting. I can't wait! Finally another chance to visit a big city, these small Iowa towns get BORING.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Little To Big Chicago #159633
06/08/06 01:31 AM
06/08/06 01:31 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
T-Love -- Have a safe trip!

Update on the bakeries...Casa Nostra has closed its doors. I went there Memorial Day weekend specifically to get cannoli and was surprised to find the doors locked and the store fixtures empty.

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: Little To Big Chicago #159634
06/11/06 10:53 PM
06/11/06 10:53 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline OP
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline OP
Underboss
Little Chicago
Leaving tomorrow.. Can't wait!

I'll return on Friday morning!

Go Cubs!

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Little To Big Chicago #159635
06/15/06 11:20 PM
06/15/06 11:20 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline OP
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline OP
Underboss
Little Chicago
I lied, we returned on Thursday afternoon.

It was a good trip! I love Chicago! What's depressing, though, is coming back to this hicktown after such a get away. As baseball followers and anyone who knows the Cubs know, they lost last night against the Houston Astros (that was the game I attended). At first, I was discouraged, then I realized I was watching the Cubs.

I made sure my father stopped in Little Italy, and Taylor Street. I bought three cannolis from the Ferrara bakery there, and they were damn good! I ate them on the way to Wrigley. They were not my first, my first cannoli was dessert when we enjoyed a dinner at Giordano's, and that was good pizza.

I enjoyed my trip! Looking forward to going back when I turn 21 so I can catch a show of Chicago's Rat Pack, or get some reservations at the Tommy Gun's Garage.

Maybe the next Cubs game I catch will be at the World Series. As quoted by many other fans every year, there's always next season..

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull