GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 62 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157773
05/14/06 02:40 PM
05/14/06 02:40 PM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline OP
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Doctors puzzled over bizarre infection surfacing in South Texas

Web Posted: 05/12/2006 10:51 AM CDT
Deborah Knapp
KENS 5 Eyewitness News

If diseases like AIDS and bird flu scare you, wait until you hear what's next. Doctors are trying to find out what is causing a bizarre and mysterious infection that's surfaced in South Texas.

Morgellons disease is not yet known to kill, but if you were to get it, you might wish you were dead, as the symptoms are horrible.

"These people will have like beads of sweat but it's black, black and tarry," said Ginger Savely, a nurse practioner in Austin who treats a majority of these patients.

Patients get lesions that never heal.

"Sometimes little black specks that come out of the lesions and sometimes little fibers," said Stephanie Bailey, Morgellons patient.

Patients say that's the worst symptom — strange fibers that pop out of your skin in different colors.

"He'd have attacks and fibers would come out of his hands and fingers, white, black and sometimes red. Very, very painful," said Lisa Wilson, whose son Travis had Morgellon's disease.

While all of this is going on, it feels like bugs are crawling under your skin. So far more than 100 cases of Morgellons disease have been reported in South Texas.

"It really has the makings of a horror movie in every way," Savely said.

While Savely sees this as a legitimate disease, there are many doctors who simply refuse to acknowledge it exists, because of the bizarre symptoms patients are diagnosed as delusional.

"Believe me, if I just randomly saw one of these patients in my office, I would think they were crazy too," Savely said. "But after you've heard the story of over 100 (patients) and they're all — down to the most minute detail — saying the exact same thing, that becomes quite impressive."

Travis Wilson developed Morgellons just over a year ago. He called his mother in to see a fiber coming out of a lesion.

"It looked like a piece of spaghetti was sticking out about a quarter to an eighth of an inch long and it was sticking out of his chest," Lisa Wilson said. "I tried to pull it as hard as I could out and I could not pull it out."

The Wilson's spent $14,000 after insurance last year on doctors and medicine.

"Most of them are antibiotics. He was on Tamadone for pain. Viltricide, this was an anti-parasitic. This was to try and protect his skin because of all the lesions and stuff," Lisa said.

However, nothing worked, and 23-year-old Travis could no longer take it.

"I knew he was going to kill himself, and there was nothing I could do to stop him," Lisa Wilson said.

Just two weeks ago, Travis took his life.

Stephanie Bailey developed the lesions four-and-a-half years ago.

"The lesions come up, and then these fuzzy things like spores come out," she said.

She also has the crawling sensation.

"You just want to get it out of you," Bailey said.

She has no idea what caused the disease, and nothing has worked to clear it up.

"They (doctors) told me I was just doing this to myself, that I was nuts. So basically I stopped going to doctors because I was afraid they were going to lock me up," Bailey said.

Harriett Bishop has battled Morgellons for 12 years. After a year on antibiotics, her hands have nearly cleared up. On the day, we visited her she only had one lesion and she extracted this fiber from it.

"You want to get these things out to relieve the pain, and that's why you pull and then you can see the fibers there, and the tentacles are there, and there are millions of them," Bishop said.

So far, pathologists have failed to find any infection in the fibers pulled from lesions.

"Clearly something is physically happening here," said Dr. Randy Wymore, a researcher at the Morgellons Research Foundation at Oklahoma State University's Center for Health Sciences.

Wymore examines the fibers, scabs and other samples from Morgellon's patients to try and find the disease's cause.

"These fibers don't look like common environmental fibers," he said.

The goal at OSU is to scientifically find out what is going on. Until then, patients and doctors struggle with this mysterious and bizarre infection. Thus far, the only treatment that has showed some success is an antibiotic.

"It sounds a little like a parasite, like a fungal infection, like a bacterial infection, but it never quite fits all the criteria of any known pathogen," Savely said

No one knows how Morgellans is contracted, but it does not appear to be contagious. The states with the highest number of cases are Texas, California and Florida.

The only connection found so far is that more than half of the Morgellons patients are also diagnosed with Lyme disease.

For more information on Morgellons, visit the research foundation's Web site at http://www.morgellons.org.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/global-includes/printstory.jsp?path=/news/metro/stor ies/MYSA051106.morgellans.KENS.32030524.html

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157774
05/14/06 03:02 PM
05/14/06 03:02 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Weirded out.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157775
05/15/06 12:31 PM
05/15/06 12:31 PM
UK
DE NIRO'S SISTER Offline
Underboss
DE NIRO'S SISTER  Offline
Underboss
UK
Hey im freaked out here!

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157776
05/15/06 12:46 PM
05/15/06 12:46 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
They're coming to get you, Barbara.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157777
05/15/06 12:47 PM
05/15/06 12:47 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Help me Spock!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157778
05/15/06 02:57 PM
05/15/06 02:57 PM
UK
DE NIRO'S SISTER Offline
Underboss
DE NIRO'S SISTER  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Barbara?

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157779
05/15/06 04:08 PM
05/15/06 04:08 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO'S SISTER:
[quote]Originally posted by bogey:
[b] They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Barbara? [/b][/quote]If memory serves correct, it's a reference to "Night of the Living Dead".

And "Shaun of the Dead".

How am I not myself?
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157780
05/15/06 10:21 PM
05/15/06 10:21 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO'S SISTER:
[quote]Originally posted by bogey:
[b] They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Barbara? [/b][/quote]They're coming to get you, DeNiro's Sister.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157781
05/16/06 07:12 PM
05/16/06 07:12 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
With a title like that, I don't even HAVE to read the article before asking the famous question, "are you fucking kidding me?"

Honestly... Slow news week in Texas? Did some bloke with a ten gallon hat, pair of cowboy boots, and a Garth Brooks record just wake up and say, "Hee-haw! I gots' the influenza! Gots' ta' be the gosh-darn outer-space creatures! BOMB MARS! BOMB MARS!"

Eurghhhhh... Concusion.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157782
05/16/06 08:22 PM
05/16/06 08:22 PM
D
Don Rico Offline OP
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Umm... I guess I am partially to blame for your skepticism, my long-lost Corleone cousin.

I made up the title to the thread, but I did not make up the information contained within the article... Which, by the way, comes from an as-far-as-I-know "reputable" (i.e. the U.S. corporate mass-media) source...

That is why I left the source links intact.

I myself made up the schlocky sci-fi "WEEKLY WORLD NEWS"- type thread title, because this stuff is just SO FREAKIN' WEIRD that it MUST be from outer space!

However I have done some further research on this stuff and it is GENUINE and REAL.

And, I might add, really, genuinely TERRIFYING!!!

Sweet dreams!

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157783
05/16/06 10:08 PM
05/16/06 10:08 PM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rico:
Umm... I guess I am partially to blame for your skepticism, my long-lost Corleone cousin.

I made up the title to the thread, but I did not make up the information contained within the article... Which, by the way, comes from an as-far-as-I-know "reputable" (i.e. the U.S. corporate mass-media) source...
Don't worry about it, I was half-joking... I have a strange sense of humor. Alot of the BB members seem to have a hard time getting used to it. Other people (*cough*cough*bogey*cough*cough*Vercetti*cough*cough*) are just preverted little mortal microorganisms of filth and gluttony, and embrace it right away.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Scary New Disease From Outer Space #157784
05/17/06 06:58 AM
05/17/06 06:58 AM
uk,south
gangstas moll Offline
Made Member
gangstas moll  Offline
Made Member
uk,south
woah!!!

ill choose to make my own choices.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull