GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke), 362 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,434
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157066
05/04/06 01:26 PM
05/04/06 01:26 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
In being a part of this, W.J. Clinton has done more now that he ever did as President.

He may have saved a generation of American schoolkids from type II diabetes and obesity.

"oh well, they can just get sodas at Taco Bell outside school, ...." Fine. Let them. At least they won't be drinking crap all day, at school.

So sugar-filled drink is banned from schools. Now, if only bullet-filled guns could be banned aswell, we'd be on the right track

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157067
05/04/06 01:45 PM
05/04/06 01:45 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
So sugar-filled drink is banned from schools. Now, if only bullet-filled guns could be banned aswell, we'd be on the right track
A whole nother debate in itself, but the statement nonetheless warrants the following smiley: :rolleyes:

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157068
05/04/06 02:15 PM
05/04/06 02:15 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I go to a Catholic High School. There are four soda machines, a snack machine, a lunch counter, and a refrigerator with cold sandwiches, water, milk, and orange juice.

There is also a snack rack on the counter with fresh cookies.

Everyone eats what they want and if they are getting obese or whatever from it, they stop for the most part, because they have a brain. Hell, a lot of people drink the water over the soda already.

I'd be more worried about the drug selling in the school instead of the fucking snacks.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157069
05/04/06 02:18 PM
05/04/06 02:18 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I'd be more worried about the drug selling in the school instead of the fucking snacks.
Pfft, too hard of a target. :p

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157070
05/04/06 03:40 PM
05/04/06 03:40 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:

[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] Is it really so difficult to just drink water, fruit juice, milk, ... and limit soda, to not eat junk food every week but limit it very badly, to not eat candy bars all the time but eat more lunch/dinner/breakfast; to eat an Apple or another peace of fruit sometimes, to not take the car but the bycicle sometimes, to not sit at the PC/TV all the time, but doing something outside where you have to move instead; to ...
If someone would do all that, unless they have the 'talent' to become fat, that person would not end up getting really fat I think.
But isn't that against the very essence of a free society? I mean, and I'm playing the Devil's advocate here, who has the right to regulate what we do with our time and money?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd just like to know why it would be okay to restrict these particular things, and not others. [/b][/quote]No restriction, as in law of rules, but simply self-discipline. And also sensibilisation (actual word?) of the problem trough an intense government campaign, but I think that is maybe more difficult in the USA.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157071
05/04/06 10:25 PM
05/04/06 10:25 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] Is it really so difficult to just drink water, fruit juice, milk, ... and limit soda, to not eat junk food every week but limit it very badly, to not eat candy bars all the time but eat more lunch/dinner/breakfast; to eat an Apple or another peace of fruit sometimes, to not take the car but the bycicle sometimes, to not sit at the PC/TV all the time, but doing something outside where you have to move instead; to ...
If someone would do all that, unless they have the 'talent' to become fat, that person would not end up getting really fat I think.
But isn't that against the very essence of a free society? I mean, and I'm playing the Devil's advocate here, who has the right to regulate what we do with our time and money?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd just like to know why it would be okay to restrict these particular things, and not others. [/b][/quote]No restriction, as in law of rules, but simply self-discipline. And also sensibilisation (actual word?) of the problem trough an intense government campaign, but I think that is maybe more difficult in the USA. [/b][/quote]Mmm, I think you're on the right track. I think what you're saying is essentially what DV and I are saying - people need to use a.) common sense and b.) self-control, which seems to be pretty hard for people nowadays. I know when I was in high school (even middle school), we had the mandatory "health" classes that taught you about a range of subjects, from sex ed to, yes, healthy eating.

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157072
05/05/06 02:31 PM
05/05/06 02:31 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[/qb]
Mmm, I think you're on the right track. I think what you're saying is essentially what DV and I are saying - people need to use a.) common sense and b.) self-control, which seems to be pretty hard for people nowadays. I know when I was in high school (even middle school), we had the mandatory "health" classes that taught you about a range of subjects, from sex ed to, yes, healthy eating. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Too many people don't even know what common sense is.

How many people well into there forty's do not have any type of additional retirement fund planned.

How many people live above their means and forfeit there future by running up incredible debt.

How many families take the kids to fast food restaurants and treat there kids to all the latest greatest video games but don't put a one cent for higher education.

How many people work entry level positions and complain about making ends meat but have a $4 starbucks everyday

How many people watch Fear Factor..... opps sorry that's another arguement

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157073
05/05/06 02:45 PM
05/05/06 02:45 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Too many people don't even know what common sense is.
It's not the government's job to supervise stupid people. Their job is to fuck the middle and lower classes in the ass.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157074
05/05/06 03:01 PM
05/05/06 03:01 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Hey we are talking about PUBLIC schools. As in taxpayer supported. There is no issue about choice, and there should be no quarter given to private soda manufacturers who are poisoning our children. The deal that was made was brilliant, and may I add it was brokered by Bill Clinton.

Put another way, Clinton has in this year done more good for the country than George Bush.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157075
05/05/06 03:57 PM
05/05/06 03:57 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

You speak of soda as if it's tobacco. :rolleyes:

And isn't it the school officials who decide what to do with the money? If student counsel members lobby for more then three dances, the school decides whether or not they want to spend the money for it.

If little children are kept away from the soda, ok, fair enough considering the lack of self-control. But I think teenagers are old enough to make healthy decisions themselves.

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157076
05/05/06 04:05 PM
05/05/06 04:05 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
How many people well into there forty's do not have any type of additional retirement fund planned.
What does a retirement fund has to do with eating healthy?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157077
05/05/06 04:44 PM
05/05/06 04:44 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
Quote:

If little children are kept away from the soda, ok, fair enough considering the lack of self-control. But I think teenagers are old enough to make healthy decisions themselves.
Vercetti, I infer from the article I posted that the deal is for elementary schools and possibly for high schools at a later stage. I don't know what age groups exactly fall into the high-school category. IMO, anyone above 15 is mature enough to appreciate the harmful effects of coke/pepsi, though someone younger might possibly understand it as well.

Re: No non-diet sodas in school #157078
05/06/06 05:59 AM
05/06/06 05:59 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
You speak of soda as if it's tobacco. :rolleyes:
Even diet sodas are harmful for the routine functions of the stomach. After a while, stomach becomes depended on the effects of soda in digestion and stops its natural funtions. It also increases the risk of acid reflux that would result in heartburn. The sugar content in non-diet sodas can increase the risk of diabetes and increase the weight in an unhealthy manner. Caffeine can make just about anyone more irritable, especially women.

Occasional drinks of soda aren't that harmful, but as I've seen real life examples including myself, kids tend to go overboard with sodas. I wouldn't want my children to go down the same path, and be told to stop drinking it altogether after sever stomach problems. However, I'm not sure where and at what age we need to draw the line. Something tells me people have to see some stuff for themselves.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull