GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, U talkin' da me ??), 257 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,589
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155074
04/19/06 09:02 AM
04/19/06 09:02 AM
UK
DE NIRO'S SISTER Offline OP
Underboss
DE NIRO'S SISTER  Offline OP
Underboss
UK
So i bet wed all love to go somewere such as Australia (some of my family have been there including my brother and me!)
And i bet we all want to talk about that special place were you went last year!!
Tell us about it here yes RIGHT here. Tell us a story of anything to do with Travelling! Maybe you had a dangerous ride through a street on your working holiday or even on a day trip!! Whatever. Plus one last thing you could just tell us were youv been. (AND WOULD LOVE TO GO!)

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155075
04/19/06 09:55 AM
04/19/06 09:55 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Countries I`ve been to: Canada (no brainer really!), The U.S.A. (Hi there! ), The Dominican Republic (La Gasolina!), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (I am of South Asian-Canadian origin so yeah I have relatives in Britain :rolleyes: ), France (why so rude some times? Brown thing? Muslim? Canadian? South Asian? Indian? Or just every one who isn't French?!), Holland (Amsterdam's fucking expensive!), India (my roots, my beautiful roots! ahhh! ahhhhhhh! ahhhhhhh! No, it was really great actually, saw the Taj Mahal and every thing), Kuwait (0 - 4, then I became North America's problem and no longer Asia's, Canada's no longer Kuwait'slol!), Might be more but really don't think so...

Where I would like to go: Anywhere in the world desirable, within reason, and with unlimited alcohol,drugs,sex, rock and roll, sports etc. money). Some examples would include - Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, Bolvia, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Ireland, Scandinavia, Russia, Italy (pleez baby one day pleez), Greece, Spain, Portugal (going in August. YEAH!), Japan, India again, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia (but not until a change of government on their part for the better) Dubai, Egypt, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Cyprus, Turkey, Iran, Iraq (after Bushie is done of course), Afghanistan (same), South Korea (South Bushie, south, not North), Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisa (Carthage), Lebanon (Phoenicia) etc. etc. etc.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155076
04/19/06 10:00 AM
04/19/06 10:00 AM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Wow you wanna go absolutely everywhere i dont ebven know half of them places!!

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155077
04/19/06 10:02 AM
04/19/06 10:02 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Every where I could my dear, time, $, companionship, friends, family, God willing that can all be worked out. Which places do you need to know more about?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155078
04/19/06 11:17 AM
04/19/06 11:17 AM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
I would like to learn about were you come from because youll know more about that country as you live there!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155079
04/19/06 05:05 PM
04/19/06 05:05 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well, I was born in India, but that was really just fate and happenstance. We (My Father, Mother (R.I.P.) God Bless Her Soul and elder Brother) had all been living in the Persian Gulf nation of Kuwait, Kuwait City to be precise. Hence, from 0-4, I lived in Kuwait. At the mature, sophisticated and polished age of 4 :p I moved to Toronto, Canada.

First we lived in Parkway Forest in North York. The area was heavily Iranian, South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan), with some Eastern Europeans, and blacks and wasps thrown in for good measure. This place used to be a very safe and healthy place in which to live and raise your kids. We lived in Parkway Forest yes, and it today it has degenerated into a not so safe neighbourhood but provided you keep you dignity, self-respect, street smarts and awareness and be somewhat careful you should go back home with all your possessions and your life most certainly in tact. Having said all this, when I was about 13 or 14 we moved to Thornhill. Thornhill is a posh mostly Jewish, with some Iranian Canadians, Chinese Canadians, South Asian-Canadians and Italian Canadians...There are the wasps and Irish as well. Thornhill, nicely reflects the multiculturalism of Toronto in its entirety. I am now 23, and I enjoy living in Thornhill, but I also enjoy visiting the old neighbourhood where I grew up from time to time. I consider myself more a Torontonian than representing Thornhill, or Markham, or York Region or North York or whatever.

Laura, where are you from and what are your roots?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155080
04/19/06 06:20 PM
04/19/06 06:20 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Where I've been:

I've been to Puerto Rico, Haiti, St. Thomas, Private Carribian Island, Key West, Canada (15 min from border), All over America (nice roadtrips, I'd say Florida and Arizona are the nicest).

Like to go:

China, Italy, Sicily, South America, Jamacia, Trinidad, Cuba, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand.

I plan to move to St. Thomas or one of the Key Islands when I have established myself job-wise after college. I don't really care where I go, as longs as it's tropical, warm and preferably cheap. (I know how expensive the Keys and St. Thomas are, but once you've been there, there is no way to not return)

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155081
04/19/06 06:35 PM
04/19/06 06:35 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
There are places where I've been but don't have the immediate intention to rego.
South Italy, Portugal and the USA are places I've been but want to go back again, and I still want to go to Egypt, Palestina, Greece, Australia, Congo, Brazil and Malta.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155082
04/19/06 09:05 PM
04/19/06 09:05 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
exgigirl Offline
Underboss
exgigirl  Offline
Underboss
Pennsylvania, USA
Germany is nice, and The Netherlands is wide open, at least as far as red-light districts are concerned. But you gotta be careful about drugs over there, they're tough on that.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155083
04/19/06 10:09 PM
04/19/06 10:09 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
There is a 190-mile footpath across the north of England called the Coast to Coast. It runs from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, and crosses country containing small mountains, lakes, river valleys, and moorland, and many, many farm pastures. At decent intervals, there are villages and small towns containing comfortable pubs and B&B's.

I don't think there is a better vacation than walking this path.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155084
04/20/06 06:17 AM
04/20/06 06:17 AM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:

Laura, where are you from and what are your roots? [/QB]
I am from were you would call a place called Nottingham everybody associates it with Robin Hood (have you heard of him! He lived way long ago well some people say he was real and some people say he was a myth!) Nottingham is in The united Kingdom quite in the middle so you dont get a beach nearby! Iv lived here all my life in this part of nottinghham! My mums mum however used to live somewere in yorkshire but met my grandad in nottingham. Nottingham isnt the most nicest places to live but i suppose its better than some places!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155085
04/20/06 02:07 PM
04/20/06 02:07 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I associate Nottingham(shire) with Shane Meadows. He's my kind of Robbing Hood.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155086
04/20/06 02:22 PM
04/20/06 02:22 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I associate Nottingham(shire) with Shane Meadows. He's my kind of Robbing Hood.
Or the crappy football teams

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155087
04/20/06 05:49 PM
04/20/06 05:49 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes Laura, of course I have heard of Robbin Hood and it's cool that your from his er...uh...home town. We have our own robbing hoods to borrow Capo's term here in Ontario, We call them Dalton McGuinty and his gang of thieves.

So your fully British then all the way right? That's cool. Yeah, I'm South Asian-Canadian. That's a politically correct term that means (good looking ) Canadian brown guy who speaks English without an Indian accent.

For me, Toronto is home and although I would love to travel to as many places as I can (I've been to London, U.K. but not to Nottingham or any where else in the country) I wouldn't live any where else.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155088
04/20/06 06:08 PM
04/20/06 06:08 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I met so many canadians travelling around australia,they are such nice people,always up for a laugh,heard many stories about your country,sounds so cool,i'd love to go there one day,hopefully soon

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155089
04/20/06 06:14 PM
04/20/06 06:14 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yeah man! For sure. If you ever do find yourself in Toronto, whatever the reason. The Moslon Canadians are on me brother!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155090
04/20/06 06:45 PM
04/20/06 06:45 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Cheers man i'll remembeer that one

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155091
04/20/06 08:45 PM
04/20/06 08:45 PM
Tennessee
AngelaMarie Offline
Underboss
AngelaMarie  Offline
Underboss
Tennessee
I'm going to New York this weekend!! Yay! Hopefully I will hook up with someone at the trade show this time.... I always go by myself (although the first time I took my sister with me) but I love to shop and browse in Manhattan so I will have a good time, anyway.... Hopefully it won't rain!!

I'm also thinking about taking a trip to Italy.... I'm taking a class in Italian at the community college/continuing education and it's got me interested in going again. Who knows?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155092
04/20/06 10:27 PM
04/20/06 10:27 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Angela M., I'd also love to see Italy one day in fact I have a book on the art and architecture of Rome (sitting somewhere on my extremely dirty room desk).

I'm taking Introductory Italian in s.s. at Y.U. this semester and I hope my limited Spanish experience and limited knowledge of the language, helps me with my studies in Italian.

You've been to Italy? When, Where, how was it?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155093
04/21/06 05:56 AM
04/21/06 05:56 AM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
So your fully British then all the way right?

Yes would you understand me or would i speak funny to you? I probably wouldnt quite catch what you say!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155094
04/21/06 06:00 AM
04/21/06 06:00 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well, I'm 23, I speak with a Torontonian, Ontarian, Canadian accent for whatever that's worth. I speak English. And I know, respect, admire, have listened to, am listening to and will listen to many, many British people from England, Wales and Scotland and Irish people from the North and The Republic of Ireland.

Laura, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you and why wouldn't I understand you, or you, me?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155095
04/21/06 09:53 AM
04/21/06 09:53 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
With the exception of Canada & Mexico, which I was only there once, I have never been out of the US.

Out of the US my choices would be Italy/Sicily, England, and maybe Greece, which I hear is nice.

In the U.S. I have been to Florida twice, and several Midwest states (Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana), though there are no major things to see IMHO.

I would love to see more of the East like Massachusetts, Vermont, just because they look neat.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155096
04/22/06 06:00 AM
04/22/06 06:00 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I have never been outside of the continental US, I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Hawaii(sp?).

Now of the states I've been to they woule be California, Texas, Ohio, New Mexico. I'm only counting states where I've actually stayed at. I've driven through many more.

This spring my brother & I will be taking a trip to Virginia, Washington D.C. & Tennessee. I want to visit some Civil War sites and I want to see the Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall.

Plus sometime I intend on visiting Washington State, I want to visit the Mount St. Helens monument, I've very fascinated by Volcanos.

Other than that I really have no desire to travel to other countries.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155097
04/24/06 02:10 PM
04/24/06 02:10 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Any more ?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155098
04/24/06 03:28 PM
04/24/06 03:28 PM
Upstate NY
Ballsy McDuff Offline
Wiseguy
Ballsy McDuff  Offline
Wiseguy
Upstate NY
I've been to Canada (Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI) and I love Toronto, and Montreal is okay, I took French in college and high school so I didn't feel too out of place. I want to go to England, Italy and Germany and watch football (soccer as us Americans call it) and I'd also love to see Petra, but I'll never be able to go I'm sure. Plus I'd love to go to Moscow and see the Kremlin.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155099
04/24/06 03:29 PM
04/24/06 03:29 PM
Upstate NY
Ballsy McDuff Offline
Wiseguy
Ballsy McDuff  Offline
Wiseguy
Upstate NY
Iceman, I used to live in Virginia, which Civil War sites did you want to see?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155100
04/24/06 03:45 PM
04/24/06 03:45 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline
Made Member
Antoni Canoli  Offline
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
Well.. being in the Navy gives me a little advantage I guess.. but here goes...

Places I have been: Thailand (Pattya Beach and Bangkok), Singapore, Dubai U.A.E., Bahrain, Israel (Haifa, Jerusalem, Bethlehem), Turkey (Antalya), Greece (Corfu, Rhodes), Italy (Trieste, Venice, Naples, Rome), Sicily (Sigonella), France (Cannes--the older generation aka WW2 love americans, the younger ones do not), Spain (Cartagena, Palma), Bermuda, Bahamas, St. Maarten, Martinique, Columbia (Caratagena), Panama (Panama City), Barbados, Curacao, Canada (Halifax, Victoria)....

Places I want to visit.. Australia, and really want to go back to Italy (Rome again, Sicily again).. Israel again... and never turn down a chance to visit Canada (I love my brothers to the north).... I NEVER, EVER want to go to France again...

Finance is a gun, Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155101
04/24/06 04:51 PM
04/24/06 04:51 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Antoni Canoli:
I NEVER, EVER want to go to France again...
Why? :p

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155102
04/24/06 07:32 PM
04/24/06 07:32 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline
Made Member
Antoni Canoli  Offline
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
To be completely honest..I dont like the people... they are rude, and arrogant (way more arrogant than anyone can ever accuse Americans of being, and for no reason). As I said, the older generation (whats left of them anyway), the WW2 generation are polite, and love and respect americans for what we did in WW2, but the younger generations are bad..(just my opinion mind you, but since you asked me why I would NEVER, EVER go back, it is the one that matters..lol).

I am glad I can say I have been there but I dont care to go back. I would rather spend my money in Italy (A country I truly love)--and it has nothing to do with being a Godfather fanatic--I just really admire, respect, and love the Italian people and history.

Finance is a gun, Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.
Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) #155103
04/24/06 07:37 PM
04/24/06 07:37 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I think you've been to the same places my hubby has. Next time you go on deployment send me a post card from each port.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull