GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 55 guests, and 24 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,136
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,786
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154974
04/18/06 04:14 PM
04/18/06 04:14 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran rocker
Neil Young has recorded a protest album featuring an anti-
Iraq war track with "a holy vow to never kill again" and a song titled "Let's Impeach the President," the singer said on Monday.

Yahoo News

Neil Young already following-up Prarie Wind with a new album of protest material? On his web site, he claims the new album to be a metal version of Bob Dylan and Phil Ochs. "Metal Folk Protest?" He asks. It's a power trio on the album with Neil on guitar, and a bass and drummer. There is also a trumpet and 100 choir voices too.

I'm just so damn happy he recorded yet again and he finally has his head in the right place. His protest songs of the late 60s and early 70s were matched only by Dylan. With Neil, it always comes from the heart and this is something he wants to see done.

Impeach Bush, if not for me, then at least do it for Neil Young.

I bet this is going to be a great album and will easily match Prarie Wind in quality and possibly even surpass it. I can't wait. Neil is God.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154975
04/18/06 04:23 PM
04/18/06 04:23 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Three things I know for sure:

1.) Neil Young is most certainly not God.
2.) A protest album is such a shocking, innovative idea! :rolleyes:
3.) The vast majority of people could care less what Neil Young thinks.

Also, as a special #4...

4.) CSN was better off as CSN. :p

Thank You,
Double-J

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154976
04/18/06 04:41 PM
04/18/06 04:41 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Neil Young???

Wonder if he'll get Madonna/Streisand/Dixie Chicks on the bandwagon.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154977
04/18/06 04:45 PM
04/18/06 04:45 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Three things I know for sure:

Also, as a special #4...

4.) CSN was better off as CSN. :p

Thank You,
Double-J
As for your #1: Neil is MY God.

As for your #2: I feel the times are similar to Vietnam and thus, protest songs can be valid again.

As for your #3: I don't agree with everything Neil says and does, such as his initial support of the Patriot Act, but I do agree with most of it. I must not be in your vast majority.

And #4: CSN learned so much about music and writing through Young. They admitted that. They've all also admitted he's the best of all of them. Deja Vu would never have been the album it was without Neil's musical input and songs "Helpless" and "Country Girl". He made that group the supergroup they became. Just look at Stills, Nash or Crosby nowadays, or any day since 1976.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154978
04/18/06 04:49 PM
04/18/06 04:49 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:

No, if he were, instead of protesting Bush, he would be telling Bush how to run this country.

Yeah, because you shouldn't use the same idea more than once, like invading another Arab country on the grounds that they have weapons.

But we can listen to him anyways, and enjoy his music (and agree with it). He does (after all), have his constitutional right to free speech, before Bush takes that away too...

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154979
04/18/06 05:25 PM
04/18/06 05:25 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think that hard core Bushie supporters cannot accept that the majority of the people in the World do not particularly care for him, naturally this includes Neil Young.

Obviously he is not God Almighty but I think Don F.55 is trying to express his admiration for Mr. Young and I can't see any thing wrong with that.

Apple, Madonna and The Dixie Chicks have talent. Don't know about Ms. Streisand though. :p

If Madonna and The Dixie Chicks and Neil Young were Arab-American this discussion would not even be taking place. They would already be in Cuba.

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154980
04/18/06 05:37 PM
04/18/06 05:37 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I think that hard core Bushie supporters cannot accept that the majority of the people in the World do not particularly care for him, naturally this includes Neil Young....
Oh, I can accept it. And so can G.W. Bush, no doubt. He'd be the first to say that Neil & the rest can say whatever they want and record whatever they want.

Fortunately, the MAJORITY of people in the United States of America decided he deserved a second term and the rest of you Americans, foreigners and singers can complain and live with it.

By the way, Streisand has more talent than Madonna and all 3 Dixie Chicks put together. The fact that she's a political moron doesn't stop me from enjoying her work.

Best,
Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154981
04/18/06 05:44 PM
04/18/06 05:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Hey, he's entitled to his opinion and therefore he can make a song or an album of this kind if he feels that strongly about what he believes.

Now what would be nice is if he donated at least a portion of the proceeds from an album like this to, say, the families of the slain and maimed soldiers, or even something like the Red Cross. Then he'd really be making a point!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154982
04/18/06 05:48 PM
04/18/06 05:48 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple, let me start off by saying I DON'T think that Streisand is talented. Needless to say, I DON'T think that she is even half as talented as either Madonna or The Dixie Chicks either individually or all together. Having said all that, she can sing all she wants and you can listen to her music as much as you want. She'll still suck ass, in my humble opinion.

The MAJORITY of people in The U.S.A. voted for Gore in the 2000 election, should he be given his 4 years or not?

By the way I don't think that Bushie would be the first to give these artists the freedom to do and say what they want (within the law). He would be the first in my opinion to use all his power (by hook or by crook) to silence, ostracize and character assassinate them.

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154983
04/18/06 05:51 PM
04/18/06 05:51 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:

The MAJORITY of people in The U.S.A. voted for Gore in the 2000 election, should he be given his 4 years or not?

:p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154984
04/18/06 06:05 PM
04/18/06 06:05 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lol! Don C. I'm not crying over the fact that The Supreme Court of The U.S.A. basically gave Bushie the election outcome that he and his family and friends desired in a state that just happened to be governed by his brother. :rolleyes: :p

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154985
04/18/06 06:25 PM
04/18/06 06:25 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Neil Young doing a METAL album? This will certainly kick ass. I can't fucking wait.

Double J, that's like saying love songs aren't innovative. There can be good protest songs and bad ones.

A good protest song? Bob Dylan's "Masters of War."

A bad one? NOFX's Son of an Asshole whatever song.

I'm surprised you're excited Ferro, I thought you'd hate the idea of Young doing a Metal album.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154986
04/18/06 07:55 PM
04/18/06 07:55 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Neil Young doing a METAL album? This will certainly kick ass. I can't fucking wait.

Double J, that's like saying love songs aren't innovative. There can be good protest songs and bad ones.

A good protest song? Bob Dylan's "Masters of War."

A bad one? NOFX's Son of an Asshole whatever song.

I'm surprised you're excited Ferro, I thought you'd hate the idea of Young doing a Metal album.
This is just going to be Neil's signature sound, like with Crazy Horse, I think. He's always described himself as part Hard Rock, part Metal when he did rock albums. I'm not expecting anything too metal. Something along the lines of Like A Hurricane. I'm sure he'll have an interesting sound, but he won't want to pull focus from the message in the songs, which is the whole reason for creating this album it seems like.

The Doc

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154987
04/18/06 08:08 PM
04/18/06 08:08 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...let me start off by saying I DON'T think that Streisand is talented. Needless to say, I DON'T think that she is even half as talented as either Madonna or The Dixie Chicks ...

I had my suspicions, but now am certain that you're a complete whack job just crying for attention. I've found it doesn't take too much effort to bring out the in you. Many people don't prefer the style of a particular artist...but still acknowledge or appreciate their talent.

Quote:
...The MAJORITY of people in The U.S.A. voted for Gore in the 2000 election, should he be given his 4 years or not?...
Oh, yeah that's another thing a Canadian might not understand, let me help you out a little. Here in the U.S., we have something called the Electoral Vote, which ironically...Gore anticipated winning in 2000 while losing the popular vote. And according to his staff, he was good and ready to take it. I think it was his daughter Karinna who said when asked about that very issue...'A win is a WIN!'

That was BEFORE the election, of course

And sorry, Bush was asked about the Dixie Chicks by Tom Brokaw shortly after they made that 'ashamed to be from Texas' remark while performing in London. His reply was that they could say whatever they wanted, it wouldn't stop him from doing his job.

See you around, Don Jasani...you're going to be fun to mess with!

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154988
04/18/06 08:12 PM
04/18/06 08:12 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
[b] ...let me start off by saying I DON'T think that Streisand is talented. Needless to say, I DON'T think that she is even half as talented as either Madonna or The Dixie Chicks ...

I had my suspicions, but now am certain that you're a complete whack job just crying for attention. I've found it doesn't take too much effort to bring out the in you. Many people don't prefer the style of a particular artist...but still acknowledge or appreciate their talent.

Quote:
...The MAJORITY of people in The U.S.A. voted for Gore in the 2000 election, should he be given his 4 years or not?...
Oh, yeah that's another thing a Canadian might not understand, let me help you out a little. Here in the U.S., we have something called the Electoral Vote, which ironically...Gore anticipated winning in 2000 while losing the popular vote. And according to his staff, he was good and ready to take it. I think it was his daughter Karinna who said when asked about that very issue...'A win is a WIN!'

That was BEFORE the election, of course

And sorry, Bush was asked about the Dixie Chicks by Tom Brokaw shortly after they made that 'ashamed to be from Texas' remark while performing in London. His reply was that they could say whatever they wanted, it wouldn't stop him from doing his job.

See you around, Don Jasani...you're going to be fun to mess with! [/b][/quote]Streisand blows. No talent. Voice is horrible. You know why? Because I think so. That's called an opinion. You can have your own if you want.

As for the 2000 election.... You know what I think about that.

The Doc

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154989
04/18/06 09:04 PM
04/18/06 09:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It gets better and better each day on here! Now one topic covers Streisand, Madonna, Neil Young, Bush & Gore.

Hey, they could be the fab five!

Young can write the lyrics, Streisand could provide the main vocals, Madonna can strut her stuff, Bush can do his spin, and Gore can beat the same drum over and over again and again.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154990
04/18/06 09:07 PM
04/18/06 09:07 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Yea, I read this a couple days ago. I was gonna find this Neil Young link and post it. I should have guessed that Ferro would have already known. Here I thought I'd let you in on some NY news.

I was looking for the full lyrics, but haven't found them.
I don't own any of Young's later work, but I have always loved his voice and his style.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154991
04/18/06 09:11 PM
04/18/06 09:11 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Yeah...but nobody tell John Kerry. He'd probably find a way to elbow his way into the party while...'REPORTING FOR DUTY!'

Speaking of Kerry...I believe he voted FOR the Moshulu, before voting AGAINST it.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154992
04/18/06 09:20 PM
04/18/06 09:20 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
They had the first canidate for the 2008 race on Hannity and Colmes last night. Surprisingly, Hannity liked some of the guys ideas and Colmes did as well. He was a former Democratic Senator from Alaska. Name was Mike Gravel.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154993
04/19/06 12:34 AM
04/19/06 12:34 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
What impact does protest songs have anyway?

Really, have they helped to end the war quicker? Do they?

On the flip side, why the BB.Net conservatives so riled up anyway about these celebrities?

Oh the irony when people, well some, quote TEAM AMERICA, laugh at the jokes of celebrities thinking their opinions matter, and then get pissy in real life. Really, have the Dixie Chicks actually made a serious impact for their cause?

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154994
04/19/06 01:33 AM
04/19/06 01:33 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple why can't you get this through your head?! You're just as entitled to your opinion as I AM TO MINE! Your opinions are yours alone and certainly not mine. The fact that my opinions are mine, are because they are EDUCATED. Yours are too, just not much. Why all the low blows? Why all the just idiot bullshit ad hominem (against the person) attacks? Why? Why can't you argue in a civil manner, while maintaining your respect and not attacking the respect of others? Are you incapable of doing this? I'm neither a whack job nor do I seek attention. The ass in me? Just cuz I don't care for your boyfriend President Idiot Retard Bushie? Are you freakin kiddin me? You've got to be smokin some pretty damn good pot or even crack. Cuz you seem to be out of your freakin cord!

I don't mind Miss Streisand's sytle of music. I just don't like her variety of it. Is that cool with you or am I the Idiot P.O.S.?!wtf?! I don't appreciate her talent cuz she doesn't have talent in my opinion of course. I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are to yours. Don't get angry cuz yours are ill informed and mine are informed and educated perhaps maybe.

I know a bit more about the electoral college and the U.S. electoral system and the CANADIAN electoral system than you might think my dear. I know the flaws, weaknesses and fine points and strengths of both to a certain degree. I know the Canadian system a bit better cuz I'm CANADIAN. Is that ok or would you like me to emigrate (legally of course) to The States, become a citizen and prove to you I know about the freakin electoral college and perhaps maybe a bit more than you.

Who said any thing about Mr. Gore's daughter?! I didn't bring her ass into this. You did. A win is a freakin win, think about it and you might see the truth in that.

Oh, did it happen before the election?! Sheesh! :rolleyes: Jesus Christ! could you tell me the date, time and frame of mood she was in when she said it?! :rolleyes:

Obviously President Idiot Retard Bush will say that when the cameras are rolling or the press is writing. Believe me, look into his eyes, he doesn't want any one much less a person of any influence to say anything negative about him personally, his administration, his companies, his money or anything. If those celebrities were Arab-American or brown they would be in Cuba as we speak.

Seeya, Apple, you're funny. Learn about politics and then get back to me.

Bye.

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154995
04/19/06 09:27 AM
04/19/06 09:27 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey

So sorry Don J I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...have to admit though, it's really cute when you reply with one of your novels. Gotta stop letting things get to you. You must understand you have nothing to prove here on the Gangster BB...to me or anyone else.

But I'll give you this, you are certainly right about opinions, and you are definitely entitled to your incorrect opinion regarding the talent of Barbra Streisand.

Cheerio,
Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154996
04/19/06 09:45 AM
04/19/06 09:45 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I understand that it must be a terribly difficult effort for you to read English. Being an American woman I would question why? But whatever the answer I would be wrong for asking right? So I won't? I'll do my very best to be brief, but only because it would hurt your brain for me to go further. :rolleyes: :p

I don't really write novels (yet) but I enjoy reading them every now and then. Good ones I mean (Da Vinci, The Sicilian, The Family etc.) not bad ones (Brokeback mountain script, The Godfather Returns, anything at all to do with Barbara Streisand even if only on a fictional level). She's a no talent hack, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

You didn't hurt my feelings on this sweetheart, on this matter I have very few really deep, important, meaningful feelings. Sorry, didn't mean to burst your feminine bubble.lol! Doesn't get to me, at all. Believe me.

(Cute, how, how cute? WhaddamI some sort of model here to amuse you? How, explain to me how cute exactly? What? No, nah, you said it, you said it! How do I know, how the fuck do I know how I`m cute or not?!lol!

You know Apple, somtimes I wonder about you. You might fold under questioning baby! Funny Lady!!!!!!!)

How is my opinion regarding that no talent, hack, (wishes she was Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Mary J. Blige, Aretha Franklin, Billie Holliday, Christina Aguilerra, Selina, Jennifer Lopez, Rhianna, Fefe Dobson, Bif Naked,...)(or anyone with a shred of talent who`s female,) who happens to be named BARBARA freakin STREISAND!!!!!!!

:p :rolleyes:

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154997
04/19/06 10:02 AM
04/19/06 10:02 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Now Young can sleep with Santana.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154998
04/19/06 10:04 AM
04/19/06 10:04 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lol! Lol! Now Don Smitty, I think every one here regardless of ethnic background, or anything else, Apple or no Apple, can agree on precisely one thing. That that, my friend, was a funny joke! Take a bow, you`ve earned it my Bushie supporting friend!

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #154999
04/19/06 10:11 AM
04/19/06 10:11 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
1) Crosby, Stills, & Nash was better with Neil Young, IMO.

2) The statment that was made was "the MAJORITY of people in the United States of America decided he (Bush) deserved a second term."

Electoral College notwithstanding, that statment is not correct.

The fact is that a majority of Americans did not think that either candidate was deserving of election, as each received less than 50% of the vote.

More Americans, however, voted for Gore than for Bush.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #155000
04/19/06 10:58 AM
04/19/06 10:58 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
1) Crosby, Stills, & Nash was better with Neil Young, IMO.

2) The statment that was made was "the MAJORITY of people in the United States of America decided he (Bush) deserved a second term."

Electoral College notwithstanding, that statment is not correct.

The fact is that a majority of Americans did not think that either candidate was deserving of election, as each received less than 50% of the vote.

More Americans, however, voted for Gore than for Bush.
Both great points!

Especially about CSN,Y.

The Doc

P.S. I just hope Barbra Striesand doesnt turn into Ultra-Mega Streisand! :p (South park)

Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #155001
04/19/06 11:17 AM
04/19/06 11:17 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:

DS
And you can still add nothing to a thread.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #155002
04/19/06 12:50 PM
04/19/06 12:50 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
[b] I think that hard core Bushie supporters cannot accept that the majority of the people in the World do not particularly care for him, naturally this includes Neil Young....
Oh, I can accept it. And so can G.W. Bush, no doubt. He'd be the first to say that Neil & the rest can say whatever they want and record whatever they want...[/b][/quote]...But he's also very pissed off, and when he finds out who passed that whole first amendment thing, there will be hell to pay.

Anyways, joking aside, I don't see why this is even worth arguing about. I personally love Neil Young, and I think that what he's doing is a great idea. But for some reason, whenever a celebrity expresses their political stance, those who oppose their politics just shove large pieces of garbage and unborn children in their mouths, shake their head about like a dying turkey, and say, "WUT DA FUK!?" It seems that suddenly that person becomes a "talentless idiot".

So, I just don't see arguing it. This could only become another "Santana" thread, only, you know... It will involve more people who actually passed the third grade.

(Ok, maybe I lied when I say, "joking aside")

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Neil Young Urges Bush Impeachment On New Protest Album #155003
04/19/06 12:54 PM
04/19/06 12:54 PM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
This could only become another "Santana" thread, only, you know... It will involve more people who actually passed the third grade.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:

DS
I stand corrected.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull