GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,033
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,515
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,350
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Love of Family #153510
04/06/06 08:00 PM
04/06/06 08:00 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
[quote]Capo
[b]So then it would all depend on the situation. If the baby is born deformed, then it was wrong. If not, then it wasn't?

Deformation doesn't necessarily mean "wrong", does it?
Ask Glenn Hoddle! [/b][/quote]Ask Helen Keller.

*waits for public unrest*

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Love of Family #153511
04/06/06 11:06 PM
04/06/06 11:06 PM
Queens, New York City/Mulberry...
F
FortunatoParadise Offline
Wiseguy
FortunatoParadise  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Queens, New York City/Mulberry...
In my personal point of view that incest is an infamia, and the Holy Church condemms it... But we are human flesh, we get corrupted. Right? It is amazing how many times I've been so close to have something with some cousin of mine that lives aroun Boston, but every time I've said "Fortunato, get a hold of yourself". But even Don Carlo Gambino married a cous, so why not? Anyhow, I pass

Frankie P, I made it to Gangster BB. Net! What a hell, well communicate throw the PM... Speak soon, Schifosa
Re: Love of Family #153512
04/07/06 08:17 AM
04/07/06 08:17 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] Like: Because of biological "fact" that states incest is "weird" or "wrong".

Why isn't it a fact?
Because it is an opinion. [/b][/quote]When two relatives (eg brother and sister) have a child, chances are higher of having a not normally functioning/deformed child. Not very fun for the child, and for the parents. When they do want to have a child, it can be seen as "weird" and not very thoughtful, IMO. Whether it's "wrong" is another discussion.

I presume that the fact we think incest is weird comes from the human biology. Clearly we just know, from birth on, that incest has it's risks. What you seemed to point out as a cultural thing, is just our biologic alarm that is cultivated and generally accepted. [/b][/quote]Does general acceptance pertain to fact, then?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Love of Family #153513
04/07/06 06:32 PM
04/07/06 06:32 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
When two relatives (eg brother and sister) have a child, chances are higher of having a not normally functioning/deformed child.
This is fact.

Quote:
I presume that we think incest is weird because of the human biology. Clearly we just know, from birth on, that incest has it's risks.
This is fact.

Quote:
What you seemed to point out as a cultural thing, is just our biologic alarm that is cultivated and generally accepted.
It's a fact that the presence of our biological alarm is generally accepted and cultivated into our modern thinking that incest is 'not done'.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Love of Family #153514
04/07/06 06:40 PM
04/07/06 06:40 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Three facts, but the statement "incest is wrong" is still opinion.

Re: Love of Family #153515
04/07/06 06:50 PM
04/07/06 06:50 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I know. That's why I said this, two days ago
Quote:
Whether it's "wrong" is another discussion.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Love of Family #153516
04/07/06 07:15 PM
04/07/06 07:15 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline OP
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline OP
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
If it's wrong, why does it feel so right? Many a time in my younger years I felt the urge to keep my distance between cousins a little shorter than usual. That's why my cousins usually had such amazing grins in our family portraits. But I think if buzzin' cousins want to take their relationship to the next level, why stop them? I was always told to play nice with cousins, so I did. What's nicer than a few nights of passion behind the old oak tree.

Re: Love of Family #153517
04/07/06 08:41 PM
04/07/06 08:41 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
If it's wrong, why does it feel so right? Many a time in my younger years I felt the urge to keep my distance between cousins a little shorter than usual. That's why my cousins usually had such amazing grins in our family portraits. But I think if buzzin' cousins want to take their relationship to the next level, why stop them? I was always told to play nice with cousins, so I did. What's nicer than a few nights of passion behind the old oak tree.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Love of Family #153518
04/08/06 04:47 AM
04/08/06 04:47 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Biological Alarm? If that existed, people would've stopped eating fast food. People do lots of things that are bad for their health because it simply feels good. Biological alarm cease to go off when there is an animal attraction between two people, now it really doesn't matter what gender or relationship they might've had.

What turns most people off about their siblings is the fact that they've lived together since childhood and suddenly feeling different about someone rarely happens compared to feeling love and attraction at the first sight.

In theory if people bred with their siblings, carriers of defected genes would've ceased to exist, due to the fact that their next generation would've not survived while those with perfect gene pattern would've produced generations of more consistent and stronger genes. However many gene patterns would've ceased to exist as the result.

With the existing taboos, carriers of defected genes spread up more and more and chance of the same defected genes paring up increases in every generation more than before. Here, pre-marital tests on thalassemia and hemophilia are mandatory. I personally know two people that were engaged but didn't get married after getting their test result, and they were not even remotely related.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Love of Family #153519
04/08/06 05:47 AM
04/08/06 05:47 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Capo, you are asking a grand philosophical question which cannot be answered. Is murder wrong? Is anything at all wrong absolutely? Should anyone be punished for acts that he/she does not believe to be wrong?

Re: Love of Family #153520
04/10/06 04:12 AM
04/10/06 04:12 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by svsg:
Should anyone be punished for acts that he/she does not believe to be wrong?
svsg, I understand what you mean, but what about Al Quaida members, for instance? They certainly think 11/9 was right. Shouldn't they be punished then?

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Love of Family #153521
04/10/06 07:25 AM
04/10/06 07:25 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
If anything, they're being punished by a system they're punishing. Antagonistic values going head-on.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull