GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 257 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,278
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153022
03/27/06 04:33 PM
03/27/06 04:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I did an interview last week for a Columbian newspaper, mostly about the Godfather video game, and it was posted online yesterday (in Spanish).

Babel Fish doesn't translate it very well, but you can get the jist of it. I did a better translation of my section below. (The first two sections are about The Godfather and the game)

I was asked the questions in English, and answered them in English. Obviously there were some discrepencies in translation, so I'm also going to post my original interview in English afterwards.

Here is how I think it goes (with some changes on how it should have come across) from Spanish...

Quote:

Corleone Fanatic

J. Geoff Malta is a fanatic of the Corleone saga who lives and works from his house in New York [sic.], the United States. After leaving his psychology profession, he immersed himself into the Internet world when he discovered the Web. He has put his talents into the sites of Marvel Comics, Universal Music and CNBC.

At the present time, he maintains four [sic.] personal projects on the Godfather online and a site on Mario Puzo, the author of the book.

In an interview with EL COLOMBIANO, via email, Geoff shares his experiences, having the honor of being invited to Electronic Arts (EA), to preview the game before it came on the market.

"I've seen the Godfather film a dozen times [I said dozens] and have read Mario Puzo's book once. I believe that Puzo is a great accountant of history [I said storyteller]. The most fascinating of the fiction is not only the world of organized crime, but all the love and respect that exists between the blood relatives (as well).

"The family business is as tight as their blood family -- they would kill to protect both. All the respect is very interesting that is derived from it and how important honor and respect are for us all.

"I was at EA headquarters in California, USA, and although I wasn't sure what to expect, really, it very much impressed me. I played mostly on the PlayStation 2 and the graphics were great. What is wonderful about The Godfather (game) is that one is not Vito, Sonny or Michael or anyone, but that you are you. That is, you create and play as your own very detailed character, interacting with the main characters of the movie.

"One begins as a Family outsider who rises in rank as missions are completed. The best thing is that one can follow along with the missions while at any time, a great scene from the film can happen, say, outside of the window. One of my favorite features is when you walk down the street and you can overhear pedestrians having conversations, like in real life.

"I believe that whoever plays this video game [should] see the films, because otherwise, they may lose out on the subplots in the game. Further, I believe that a single viewing of the movie is insufficient. [It may even be a little confusing the first couple times watching it, but stick with it, watch it often, and you'll fall in love with the Corleone's!]"

More information:
http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com
http://www.scarface1983.com
http://www.mariopuzo.com
http://www.gangsterbb.net
Here are the original questions and answers...

Quote:

1. What is your biggest expectation with the videogame that will be launch on friday?

I actually had the privilege of playing the game a couple weeks ago at EA headquarters in California! I really didn't know what to expect, but I was really impressed with how well it came out -- beyond my expectations. I think all fans of the movie will enjoy this game, even if they aren't big "gamers." (Feel free to take excerpts from my review of the event and the game, and some pictures, here .)

2. I saw at your FAQ that most part of the information of your website came from the book and the film. (How many times have you read the book and seen the movie?) ¿what is the most intriguing and fascinating things that you have found all over this years in the story of the Godfather?

I've seen the Godfather films dozens of times over the years, and read the book once. I really need to read it again because there are so many more details -- and, Puzo is a great storyteller. What I like most about the story is not only the fascinating world of organized crime -- The Family -- but also how much love and respect they put into their blood relatives -- the family. The business family is as tight or tighter than their blood families, and they'd kill to protect both. It's also interesting how much respect comes to play, and how important that is for all of us -- honor and respect.

3. What is your best recomendation for people who is going to introduce into the corleone´s fammily and saga?

Godfather fans will love the new video game, but so will those who've never seen the movie or read the book. Those who haven't seen the movie, however, will be missing the many plot lines found in the game. I really think those people should see the movie to get a better game-playing experience! One viewing of the movie is not enough, though. I've seen it so many times, yet, I still notice new things in it, and still discover details that I had not noticed before. It may even be a little confusing the first couple times watching it, but stick with it, watch it often, and you'll fall in love with the Corleone's!

4. I can imagine that through your website you have had contacted so many people. Do you have any anecdote that you would like to share with us? [Not used]

It was through TheGodfatherTrilogy.com that Mario Puzo's widow contacted me, and I had the pleasure of meeting them both in New York City at a book signing when The Last Don came out. In fact, I created MarioPuzo.com for him. It was also through my site that Billy Joel's tour manager contacted me, to help him get a signed book from Mario Puzo for Billy's birthday -- in return I got tickets to a show and backstage passes! And, my fanaticism caught the attention of Electronic Arts who invited me out to preview the game. But by far the best people I've met through my site, and my message board at GangsterBB.NET, are all the wonderful members that I've met in person, and those I have yet to meet from around the world. Many of us have become very good friends, and we get together as often as we can. It's like... family.
I should be getting a PDF of the article, which includes a photo, and I'll post that when I get it....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153023
03/27/06 04:36 PM
03/27/06 04:36 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
You're a fantastic fanatic, JG.

Does that make you simply, a fantatic?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153024
03/27/06 04:39 PM
03/27/06 04:39 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Does that make you simply, a fantatic?
Typos, thanks.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153025
03/27/06 07:43 PM
03/27/06 07:43 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Geoffy,

That is great. Proud of ya once again. How did this interview with this Columbian newspaper come about?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153026
03/27/06 09:05 PM
03/27/06 09:05 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Geoffy,

Quote:
How did this interview with this Columbian newspaper come about?
Eh, the women just sent me an email and asked if I'd answer a few questions....

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153027
03/27/06 09:30 PM
03/27/06 09:30 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Our Don is branching out becoming an international sensation.

Geoff that's really cool! I know I speak for all of us when I say we are very proud of you and we all consider you a great person and friend.

Now if you could hook me up with Pacino, I'll be your best friend for life. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153028
03/28/06 12:27 AM
03/28/06 12:27 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Our Don is branching out becoming an international sensation.

Geoff that's really cool! I know I speak for all of us when I say we are very proud of you and we all consider you a great person and friend.

TIS
Don't you mean Stallone TIS

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153029
03/28/06 12:33 AM
03/28/06 12:33 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Our Don is branching out becoming an international sensation.

TIS
Don't you mean Stallone TIS [/b][/quote]Heck, I'll take them both!!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153030
03/29/06 11:31 PM
03/29/06 11:31 PM
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
don papa Offline
Made Member
don papa  Offline
Made Member
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
awwww, i was so touched when you said that we've become "FAMILY", Geoff.

what a shame to have been away from this board for three long years! i was such a fanatic before -- spending most of my day just reading and reading and reading all those posts (during work hours ... hehehe). i made sure that i read ALL sections of the site. what a fantatic, er, fanatic! just kidding, Capo dLCN. nice to see you. i thought you were gone, too.

we're proud of you, our Don GJeoff! now if only my fanaticism for certain celebs will enable me to meet them (like you did Mario Puzo) ...

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent
Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153031
03/30/06 03:30 AM
03/30/06 03:30 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Don't know how I missed this before, but Congrats, Geoff!

Is it true that you changed your drink of preference from vodka to tequila for this interview?

Re: Interview in Columbian newspaper... #153032
03/30/06 04:39 AM
03/30/06 04:39 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Well, better to have a worm in your bottle than in your computer...

Congratulations on a great interview. Well done, Don Malta!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull