GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 230 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,279
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Immigration #152938
03/25/06 11:56 PM
03/25/06 11:56 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
AP - yahoo
LOS ANGELES - Immigration rights advocates more than 500,000 strong marched in downtown Los Angeles, demanding that Congress abandon attempts to make illegal immigration a felony and to build more walls along the border.

----------------------------------------------------------
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .............. U want to come into this great country fine, but do it the legal way.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Immigration #152939
03/26/06 01:28 AM
03/26/06 01:28 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going any way. Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit. He took the midnight train going any wayyyy.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Immigration #152940
03/26/06 06:15 AM
03/26/06 06:15 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
LaFamiglia Offline
Made Member
LaFamiglia  Offline
Made Member
Pittsburgh,PA
I agree Don Smitty. There are too many illegal immigrants living off of our country. It's bull. These people protest for what? These people are not citizens of this country and they expect freedom and respect whenever these people are invading our country and making fools of us. If you want freedom and happines, you have to do it the same way our ancestors did it. With today's society and science, they could have it alot easier than what our ancestors had to go through. I think it's all bull.

You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas.
Re: Immigration #152941
03/26/06 06:48 AM
03/26/06 06:48 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Gee...It sure is nice to be able to agree with the conservatives once in a while.

Now, whenever I am accused of being a radical bleeding heart left-wing liberal long-hair welfare-supporting, homosexual rights-advocating, abortion-loving, Bill of Rights-defending, Bush & Cheney-hating, Jane Fonda-embracing, death penalty-disliking, dope smoking, draft dodging, Viet Nam-Iraq-comparing pacifist commie pinko feak....

I can always point to this issue. :p

(Apologies to Spike Lee)

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Immigration #152942
03/26/06 06:55 AM
03/26/06 06:55 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Not all my ancestors came here legally.

Re: Immigration #152943
03/26/06 08:08 AM
03/26/06 08:08 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Not all my ancestors came here legally.
Immigration Man: What's your name son?
Boy: (Silence)
IM: Come on, tell me your name.
Other IM: (Reads Card pinned to the boys shirt) Sacomanetski Agraphorialmengiomina from Cazmekastan
IM: S.....C

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Immigration #152944
03/26/06 08:33 AM
03/26/06 08:33 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

The only problem I'm seeing is with the migrant workers, since the agricultural markets oftentimes depend on their labor.

However, I do think this is a very, very good move in the right direction. I have never agreed with the fact that illegal immigrants essentially have the same rights and protections under the constitution as legal citizens, but do not have to pay taxes or perform any other civic duties.

I find it pretty funny though that immigration rights activists would be protesting in favor of a form of immigration that is by definition "illegal." :p

Then again, this legislation, to be effective, is going to need to begin at the borders - perhaps we finally will get some sincere efforts at securing our nations injuctions with Mexico and Canada?

Re: Immigration #152945
03/26/06 12:20 PM
03/26/06 12:20 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

They had a councilman or something on CNN last night. I actually agree with his reasoning for being against the law:

"This law will make 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants instant criminals" :rolleyes:

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Immigration #152946
03/26/06 12:47 PM
03/26/06 12:47 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
They had a councilman or something on CNN last night. I actually agree with his reasoning for being against the law:

"This law will make 12 million [b]ILLEGAL
immigrants instant criminals" :rolleyes: [/b]
By definition though, aren't they illegal, DMC? :p

Re: Immigration #152947
03/26/06 12:59 PM
03/26/06 12:59 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

by definition after the quote the :rolleyes:

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Immigration #152948
03/26/06 01:21 PM
03/26/06 01:21 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
My grandparents were legal immigrants. Immigrants built this country, and are still building it. If we were to cut off immigration and deport all the illegals, no one would cook our food, mow our lawns, rake our leaves, do the construction dog-work, babysit our kids. Everything would cost more--if it got done at all.

BUT:

Illegal immigration is bad--period--and needs to be controlled:

First, illegals are horribly exploited by "labor contractors" who are the modern-day equivalent of slavemasters. Often their lives are in peril coming here, and eventually in their workplaces and living places, which seldom if ever comply with rudimentary health and safety laws.
Second, with terrorism a constant threat, keeping our borders porous and looking the other way at illegal immigration because it's cheap labor constitutes an invitation to terrorists to enter along with the illegals.
Third, if we want these people to be good citizens, we can't start by telling them it's ok to break our laws--and reward them for doing so.

I have a second home in Arizona. That's where illegal immigration is a pandemic. Last year, AZ caught 1.5 million illegals--and that's only the ones who got caught. Imagine how many more got through? Some of our border towns are like war zones. The burden on law enforcement, taxpayers and legal citizens is crushing. We need a rational immigration policy now.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Immigration #152949
03/26/06 02:03 PM
03/26/06 02:03 PM
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
don papa Offline
Made Member
don papa  Offline
Made Member
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
hi, Turnbull. i'm back, after a 3-year absence or so.

if you remember, i said before that i was migrating to the US soon, and wanted to live in New York. you even directed me to a website. thanks for the tip!

well, i am now living in Arizona (where you have a second home!). my sister lives here, and this is where my husband and i stayed ever since we arrived. i arrived in the States last May 2005 as a LEGAL IMMIGRANT, folks!

my husband and i are both working in advertising agencies, the same line of work we were into, when still living in the Philippines. that is the advantage of having valid papers -- you can work wherever you want. almost.

i have mixed feelings about this "illegal immigration" thing -- basically, i feel that i exerted a lot of effort to make everything legal, and everybody should do things that way, too, if they want to move to a country and stay there.

on the other hand, i also understand the plight of these illegal immigrants, wanting to improve their struggling lives coming from a third-world country.

it does have a gray area, but yes, in the end, we can have black-and-white views on this.

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent
Re: Immigration #152950
03/26/06 02:12 PM
03/26/06 02:12 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
My grandparents were legal immigrants. Immigrants built this country, and are still building it. If we were to cut off immigration and deport all the illegals, no one would cook our food, mow our lawns, rake our leaves, do the construction dog-work, babysit our kids. Everything would cost more--if it got done at all.

[b]BUT:

Illegal immigration is bad--period--and needs to be controlled:

First, illegals are horribly exploited by "labor contractors" who are the modern-day equivalent of slavemasters. Often their lives are in peril coming here, and eventually in their workplaces and living places, which seldom if ever comply with rudimentary health and safety laws.
Second, with terrorism a constant threat, keeping our borders porous and looking the other way at illegal immigration because it's cheap labor constitutes an invitation to terrorists to enter along with the illegals.
Third, if we want these people to be good citizens, we can't start by telling them it's ok to break our laws--and reward them for doing so.

I have a second home in Arizona. That's where illegal immigration is a pandemic. Last year, AZ caught 1.5 illegals--and that's only the ones who got caught. Imagine how many more got through? Some of our border towns are like war zones. The burden on law enforcement, taxpayers and legal citizens is crushing. We need a rational immigration policy now. [/b]
As always, very well said TB.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull