GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 70 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,136
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,785
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151714
03/13/06 08:32 PM
03/13/06 08:32 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
One of those storeis that you couldn't make up if you tired.....

BUSH-BASH KID A SITE TO BEHOLD

By Leela de Krester

March 13, 2006 -- A Texas father has refused to pay for his son's college education - unless the 17-year-old switches allegiances and becomes a Republican.

But Dallas high-school junior Teddy Gambordella Jr. has struck back. He's launched a Web site where fellow Bush bashers can rant - in ads that Teddy hopes will pay for college.

Ted Sr., a 57-year-old martial-arts expert, had told Teddy that unless he signs with the GOP, he will not see one red cent.

"I'm serious - he's got to earn his own way," said Ted Sr. "I've been training him for 17 years to be a Republican - and he went crazy at dinner and said he was a now Democrat."

But Ted Jr. is doing fine - his http://www.OneMillionReasonsWhy.com has already passed the $1,000 mark.

"I want to get everyone in the world who does not like Bush to take out an ad or link to a Web site and share with the world why they also don't like Bush, until we get the one million reasons to not like Bush - and I get my college paid for," he said.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151715
03/13/06 08:36 PM
03/13/06 08:36 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:

and he went crazy at dinner and said he was a now Democrat
Whoa, crazy!!

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151716
03/13/06 10:41 PM
03/13/06 10:41 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wow! You're right. You can't make that up.

I can understand putting conditions on, or as a parent, setting terms for which you'll pay for, or help pay for your child's college ( work part time, study hard, keep grades up, apply yourself, etc), but to pull out just because of a difference of political point of view is just plain wrong.

The kid was probably feeling brainwashed, and wants to branch out and make his own political decisions. Good for him.

Ok, now let me check out that link, and ad a few hundred ads of my own. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151717
03/13/06 11:09 PM
03/13/06 11:09 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
"How would you like to live with a couple of these misfits? "Fuck you dad....you simple minded prick. Mind your own business and pass the Cheerios, would ya please?"
--George Carlin

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151718
03/13/06 11:14 PM
03/13/06 11:14 PM
California

California
Did you listen to his video?? Vanilla Ice ??? Like the lyrics though. Ha ha ha I'm sure his father loves it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151719
03/13/06 11:17 PM
03/13/06 11:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
A Texas father has refused to pay for his son's college education - unless the 17-year-old switches allegiances and becomes a Republican.
If this is true then here's my opinion :

A narrow minded man who calls himself a father. What an ignorant bastard. As a father he should be proud that his son wants to go to college and that his son has a mind of his own. But it's obvious that he is too full of himself to realize that the boy is now a man with a mind of his own.

Now here is what I think is really going on with the release of this story:

I personally think that this whole story is a scam. A planned strategy by both dad and son.

Come out with a story like this. Piss off all the people in the country who are not republican and do not like Bush, set up a website, and these pissed off people will bite and the kid gets his college education all paid for.

Dad and son will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Damn, not a bad idea when you really think about it!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151720
03/13/06 11:23 PM
03/13/06 11:23 PM
California

California
DC,

You never really know. You could be right. What a scam hu??? Then again, there are so many weirdos and as politics goes today (in many people), it's either my way or no way attitude...with no room for argument. Take a narrow minded, tunnel visioned person who only sees things one way politically, and this is possible as well. Could be either way really.

I'll say this though, if it is a scam, I hope they both get nailed.

TIS

Btw, you should start now. Won't you're kids be going to college in a few years?? Start now and you may have money to spare.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151721
03/14/06 08:37 AM
03/14/06 08:37 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Pssht, though I agree with Don Cardi that the father is being an ass about this, where does it say that parents are obligated to pay for their children's college? Granted, many do, but I know plenty of people that are paying their own way through part-time jobs and student loans.

[Political_Joke_Alert]Rather than being a typical liberal and expecting a hand-out, maybe Teddy Jr. should get a job and see what the real world is like.[/political_joke_alert] :p

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151722
03/14/06 10:18 AM
03/14/06 10:18 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Parents have no "obligation" whatsoever to pay for a child's college, but if the only reason this guy won't is because of his son's political leanings, then he's a jerk, IMO.

You want to tell me that he can't afford it, or his son has been a drug addict all his life and he figures it will be a waste of money, or something like that, that's a different story.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151723
03/14/06 10:53 AM
03/14/06 10:53 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]
[b]and he went crazy at dinner and said he was a now Democrat
Whoa, crazy!! [/b][/quote]That's the funniest part! They say it like he had a seizure or something! He went crazy and is now a Democrat! Oh No!

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151724
03/14/06 11:31 AM
03/14/06 11:31 AM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Don Cardi
I personally think that this whole story is a scam.
I think you are right!

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151725
03/14/06 11:32 AM
03/14/06 11:32 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
While it certainly isn't nice...I can see the parent's POV.

A good friend of mine had a similar story, though it wasn't about political affiliations. She didn't want to attend the school her parent had CHOSEN for her, did her research and chose the college that would best fit her goals. As a result, her father refused to put a penny toward her education, and she ended up working her way through school, as a psychology major.

While it's true that what her father did generally stunk, he also was under no obligation to pay for her education. Both my friend and I believe she's a better person today because of how it all turned out.

Hopefully this Democrat young man will take responsibility for his own education.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151726
03/14/06 11:41 AM
03/14/06 11:41 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Parents have no "obligation" whatsoever to pay for a child's college, but if the only reason this guy won't is because of his son's political leanings, then he's a jerk, IMO.

Hence why I said: "I agree with Don Cardi that the father is being an ass about this."

That being said, it is the parents' money after all. If they don't want to pay for their sons education, it is within their right. As Apple implied, it might teach him some life lessons.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151727
03/14/06 11:45 AM
03/14/06 11:45 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Again, not to put too fine a point on it...

If he wants to teach the kid one of life's lessons, that's fine also.

He doesn't even need a reason; as you say, it's his money.

But snce he is giving his reason....

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151728
03/14/06 11:46 AM
03/14/06 11:46 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Is it a stupid reason? To us, it is.

But to him, maybe he is trying to instill the Republican values that we need for 2008!

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151729
03/14/06 11:54 AM
03/14/06 11:54 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Again, not to put too fine a point on it...
Of course not...but what would make this topic different for you than any other?

Quote:
... But snce he is giving his reason....
Since he is giving a reason is the only reason that we're discussing it in the first place. Since after all...we couldn't have made it up!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151730
03/14/06 12:04 PM
03/14/06 12:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
While it certainly isn't nice...I can see the parent's POV.

A good friend of mine had a similar story, though it wasn't about political affiliations. She didn't want to attend the school her parent had CHOSEN for her, did her research and chose the college that would best fit her goals. As a result, her father refused to put a penny toward her education, and she ended up working her way through school, as a psychology major.

While it's true that what her father did generally stunk, he also was under no obligation to pay for her education. Both my friend and I believe she's a better person today because of how it all turned out.

Hopefully this Democrat young man will take responsibility for his own education.

Apple
Hogwash!! As a parent, it is my obligation to give my children the best education that I can afford to give them, no matter what the sacrifice on my part.

Now I am not talking about a child who is into drugs or failing his or her subjects because of partying or neglect.

What I am talking about here is a good child, one that gets good marks and works hard in school, one that is not a criminal, drug addict or lazy. I'm talking about a well rounded child with aspirations to get a good education and go somewhere in life.

If my child is a good child and has aspirations to go somewhere in life and make something of their life, then it is my obligation to do the best that I can to put my child through college.

And it is ridiculous for a parent to refuse to pay for college because their child may have different political views then they do.

It makes me proud when my child disagrees with me on certain issues and does so in a way that is not just for rebellious reasons, but one where he or she puts up a well educated and informed debate. It tells me that my children have a mind of their own and that they can think for themselves and will not just go with the popular opinion throughout their lives, or think that it is right just because mom or dad says it is. That mentality is for small children, not for high school/college aged matured children.

And if a child is not a well rounded child and is into bad stuff, I would of course, do all that I could to help him or her and get them on the right track in life. But that's for another topic.

As a parent, it is my obligation to provide the best education that I can for my children.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151731
03/14/06 12:21 PM
03/14/06 12:21 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QUOTE]...Hogwash!! As a parent, it is my obligation to give my children the best education that I can afford to give them, no matter what the sacrifice on my part....
It's your parental obligation, perhaps even your moral obligation...but not your legal obligation. As a responsible parent, of course you WANT to provide your children with the best education possible.

But you don't have to.

Nobody can make this guy pay for his son's college and nobody can state it's his 'obligation' if he feels it isn't...any more than my friend could force her own father to pay for hers, some 30 years ago.

There's no question that the man is a jerk...just from the quote that he 'trained' his son to be a Republican. Somebody ought to tell him it doesn't work that way.

But from all appearances, the son is doing just fine for himiself. Probably will earn more money in the long run than his father would've put into a college education!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151732
03/14/06 12:30 PM
03/14/06 12:30 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:

There's no question that the man is a jerk...just from the quote that he 'trained' his son to be a Republican. Somebody ought to tell him it doesn't work that way.

It doesn't?

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151733
03/14/06 12:34 PM
03/14/06 12:34 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
So tell me something. Why is it that society is always caught up on "legal" obligations vs. "Moral" obligation and duties?

I don't have to "legally" take care of my sick and aging grandmother. So does that excuse me from my moral obligations?

See, IMO that is the problem in the world today. Too many in the world have pushed 'morals" aside and replaced it with "Legal."

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151734
03/14/06 12:41 PM
03/14/06 12:41 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Double-J...therein lies the 'rub'.

Who's to say that Bush Sr. 'trained' any of his children to be 'Republicans'. And even if he did...you can't choose your children's political leanings for them.

You could also post a photo of Ronald & Nancy Reagan's kids ... and we'd be looking at completely opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Don Cardi, I agree with everything you say. But none of it can make this father, or any parent pay for their child's education if they don't want to, or for any reason they don't want to.

It sure makes for interesting discussion, though...

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151735
03/14/06 01:01 PM
03/14/06 01:01 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How do you "train" your child to be a Republican or a Democrat or whatever? I know a parent can indoctrinate certain religious/political values into their children but when you turn 18 shouldn't the kid be given the opportunity to make his own choices and seek his parents' guidance whenever he feels he needs it or whenever his parents seek to impart it. What kind of family is this? The father sounds like a real dick and I believe the son is doing the right thing. He should just continue with his website, continue raising funds, complete his education and when he becomes successful contribute a shitload of money to The Democratic Party. :p

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151736
03/14/06 01:26 PM
03/14/06 01:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
He should just continue with his website, continue raising funds, complete his education and when he becomes successful contribute a shitload of money to The Democratic Party. :p
He'll keep raising funds for the next week until people completely forget about him and stop caring. :p

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151737
03/14/06 01:34 PM
03/14/06 01:34 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I still say that this is all a scam by both the father and the son only trying to peak interest so that they can raise money to pay for college.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151738
03/14/06 01:39 PM
03/14/06 01:39 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I still say that this is all a scam by both the father and the son only trying to peak interest so that they can raise money to pay for college.

Don Cardi
I wouldn't doubt it...it ranks up there with the kid who asked people to donate pennies for his education in frivolity, although that one was true.

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151739
03/14/06 01:42 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
If it is (a father/son scam, that is)...it's really a good one!

Dad must love his son very much to be willing to play the fool, the bad guy, and take all the flack while Sonny Boy rakes it in.

Either that or he doesn't care who calls him a jackass as long as he can get everybody else to pay for the kid's education (and maybe even have some $$ left over).

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151740
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If this isn't a scam then I think the kid is doing the right thing but if it is a scam he shouldn't be allowed to go to any college/university in Texas. In any case, why isn't this kid getting a part time job and/or seeking some sort of legitimate financial assistance in addition to the charity thing?

Re: Father Won't Pay For Son's College #151741
03/14/06 01:50 PM
03/14/06 01:50 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
In any case, why isn't this kid getting a part time job and/or seeking some sort of legitimate financial assistance in addition to the charity thing?
Because it is easier for people to hand you money than it is to bust your ass 40+ hours a week. :p

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull