GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 270 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150151
03/01/06 12:37 AM
03/01/06 12:37 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
This is a good day for the progressive people in America. Bush's approval rating has fallen 8 points since last month, to 34 %. Cheney's approval rating is currently at 18%. Some more stats for ya that just came out today:
43% of Americans approve of how Bush is handling the war on terror
21% of Americans approve of the deal to allow an Arab company to operate at U.S. ports
32% of Americans approve of the way Bush is responding to the needs of Katrina victims
51% of Americans say Bush doesn't care about them
30% of Americans approve of how Bush is handling the Iraq war

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150152
03/01/06 12:47 AM
03/01/06 12:47 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"30% of Americans approve of how Bush is handling the Iraq war." Gee whiz! I wonder how this could possibly be? I thought things were going just great in Iraq. Peace and democracy have broken out through out the country. Shia Arabs and Sunni Arabs and Kurds all get along. Muslims get along with non Muslims. Violence, rape, murder, torture, executions, are rare occurances and a free, responsible, democratic, inclusive, representative government rules the country compassionately and with intelligence and optimism. The rebuilding of the country is going along smoothly without a glitch, and no one is excessively profiting from it while millions of little children and old and infirmed men and women are starving to death. Mosques, Churches and Temples stand proudly side by side. There is a clear separation between Mosque and State, there is a free press that adequately and truthfully represents the population it services. Iraq is the most sucessful country in the Arab World, The Middle East and one of the leading, developing, democratic countries in the world right up there with India, Brazil, Mexico and er...Afghanistan?? Iraqis have never ever been happier and never will be happier than they are at this very moment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please do take a look at my post in the "How many of these guys might be in Iraq thread."

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150153
03/01/06 12:59 AM
03/01/06 12:59 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I know there are those who don't believe polls, but according to Zogby 72 per cent want to end the war this year. That would be nice, but I don't see it so far.

TIS

Zogby Poll

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150154
03/01/06 01:28 AM
03/01/06 01:28 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150155
03/01/06 02:05 AM
03/01/06 02:05 AM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
If only Clinton would have done something with Bin Laden.

As a side note:

A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a
homeless person.

The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to
come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his
pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless
person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave
him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the
Republican's pocket and got out twenty dollars. He kept $15 for
administrative fees and gave the homeless person five.

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150156
03/01/06 07:49 AM
03/01/06 07:49 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
This is a good day for the progressive people in America.
Why? It's not going to get that thug out of office anytime sooner.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150157
03/01/06 10:21 AM
03/01/06 10:21 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
This is a good day for the progressive people in America. Bush's approval rating has fallen 8 points since last month, to 34 %. Cheney's approval rating is currently at 18%.
Forget these polls and statisics. They are fake. Do you know what really matters? That my approval rating for Bush is still at 99%!Thats the only approval rating that you need to pay attention to.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150158
03/01/06 10:24 AM
03/01/06 10:24 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Smitty, I'm genuinely curious: why the one percent drop?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150159
03/01/06 10:32 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I think the one percent is for Bush's hair cut. That has really going down since the start of his term.

Other than that, Bush is a o-kay dude!

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150160
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Only 1% for the "Ports Deal"?

That should be worth at least 5% :p

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150161
03/01/06 10:41 AM
03/01/06 10:41 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Only 1% for the "Ports Deal"?

That should be worth at least 5% :p
Good point. The port deal is worth another 5% off so my approval rating for Bush is 94%.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150162
03/01/06 02:39 PM
03/01/06 02:39 PM
T
treuth Offline
Wiseguy
treuth  Offline
T
Wiseguy
yea these polls dont mean jack. To me even 30% for the war is unbelievable. HOW.

The fact is that the only thing thats gonna get these guys out of office is the 2 term limit--and even then they might try to hypnotize people into believing they need another term

a good day for the progressive people in America will be when we do something significant to stop bush and all his clones

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150163
03/02/06 06:14 PM
03/02/06 06:14 PM
Kansas City
irishmike Offline
Capo
irishmike  Offline
Capo
Kansas City
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
Now you see, this is a real good example of how the Democrats, when they hear the words "Firing Squad" always seem to form a circle. One BIG reason Bush won was that it was Kerry who ran against him. And now I hear all this nonsense about Hillary running in '08. I am not a repub or a dem, but I can tell you this, if you dems DO pick Hillary to run in '08, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE AGAIN, it is doesn't matter WHO the repubs run against her. You need another Bill C to run, not another damn liberal. Liberals cannot win the presidency in this country.

"....but your father never TRUSTED Hyman Roth."
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150164
03/02/06 06:35 PM
03/02/06 06:35 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Good God! The Dems should not Hillary! Holy crap! That'll ruin the whole freakin party!

Seriously, I'll become a Republican if the Dems run her. Why? Because at least they have their shit together. How could they get Bush II "elected" unless they were organized?

Bush II has blown it big time. And why hasn't he been impeached? I mean, Clinton got in trouble for fellatio from one woman. Why can't Bush get in trouble for performing fellatio on the oil and military companies?

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150165
03/03/06 08:55 AM
03/03/06 08:55 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by irishmike:
[quote]Originally posted by Just Lou:
[b]
I am not a repub or a dem, but I can tell you this, if you dems DO pick Hillary to run in '08, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE AGAIN, it is doesn't matter WHO the repubs run against her. You need another Bill C to run, not another damn liberal. Liberals cannot win the presidency in this country. [/b][/quote]I have to say that I'm not wild about the idea of Hillary running/being the nominee. But you just answered part of the appeal by saying "you need another Bill C to run." I know some Dems feel that part of the upside of having Hillary is that Bill comes along with her. Who better to turn to advice than your husband, a former two term president? Look how powerful Hillary tried to be while in office - why wouldn't we expect Bill to do the same?

I'm not saying that's the best reason to vote for her and that having Bill won't cover up her negative qualities. But it is something to consider.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150166
03/03/06 09:01 AM
03/03/06 09:01 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
The only Republican I can say with certainty at this point that I would absolutely not vote for instead of Hillary Clinton is Jeb Bush.

I'm truly surprised that we haven't been hearing more from and about him lately.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150167
03/03/06 09:39 AM
03/03/06 09:39 AM
California

California
I've said it before, I really don't think Hillary will be the Democratic candidate. I think the media is spinning it that way because she's the most "known". I don't dislike her as many others do, but I agree that it would be political suicide for the Dems if she's the candidate.

As much as I am all for a qualified woman candidate (and I don't say she isn't qualified), I think now, of all times, with the shape our country is in, that we can't afford the historic moment of a woman President right now. The many people "on the fence" who hear she's running will most likely "not" vote for her simply because they don't like her.

As far as Jeb Bush, who knows. I've heard "buzz" (and only rumor, but this wouldn't surprise me), that Cheney will step down either to health reasons or possibly as part of the CIA Leak scandal, or both), and that Jeb may be appointed VP by his bro. Great, all we need.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150168
03/03/06 09:44 AM
03/03/06 09:44 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Are there any chances that Rudy Giuliani will run?

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150169
03/03/06 09:55 AM
03/03/06 09:55 AM
California

California
I've heard his name tossed around as well Lavinia. I never knew too much about him before 911, and I think he was impressive in it's aftermath bringing the city together. When I was in NYC, a couple of the tour guides credited him for cleaning up Time's Square area, and seemed to have a favorable impression of him. I may be wrong, but I think he's known to lean a little "left" ???? Those in NY will be much more familiar with his politics than I am.

I remember twice, once shortly after 911 and then a couple years later hearing him say that on 911 the first thing he said to himself was "Thank God George Bush Is President." :rolleyes: Political bullshit??? Maybe, but I can't get that out of my head. :p Totally a turn-off.

However, it would be nice to have our first Italian American President, if qualified.

TIS

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150170
03/03/06 10:17 AM
03/03/06 10:17 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Rudy is about as far to the left while still being considered part of the right as can be.

If he were smart, he'd switch parties and become a conservative democrat instead of a liberal republican.

He'd win in a landslide.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150171
03/03/06 10:21 AM
03/03/06 10:21 AM
California

California
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Rudy is about as far to the left while still being considered part of the right as can be.

If he were smart, he'd switch parties and become a conservative democrat instead of a liberal republican.

He'd win in a landslide.
PLaw,

Do you think then the Republicans would be happy/satisfied if he did run??? Or would they prefer someone who isn't leaning left???

TIS

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150172
03/03/06 10:35 AM
03/03/06 10:35 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
How is Rudi G's health? He bowed out of the Senate race in 2000 for prostate cancer.

I can see the conservatives either nominating Jeb Bush or McCain. I think there are enough people in this country, some conservatives included, who have had enough from the Bush name. But he is a governor and that has seemed to be the predominant path (or former VP)to the White House in the past 30+ years.

IMO, neither party has a viable strong candidate at this point for 2008.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150173
03/03/06 10:46 AM
03/03/06 10:46 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Do you think then the Republicans would be happy/satisfied if he did run??? Or would they prefer someone who isn't leaning left?
Well, I think Rudy's pro-choice stance turns off pretty much all of the conservative republicans.

And I think that anyone who makes abortion the mostimportant issue in their minds and votes based on that is silly.

But, since most of the republicans at least seem to be of the conservative variety and most of the democrats seem so liberal.....

Used to be, as I remember it, that there wasn't that much to choose from in the political philosophies of both parties.

But the two most recent presidents we've elected seem more liberal and conservative than ever, so it seems as though both parties are moving further away from the center.

With that in mind, I don't see how Rudy could realistically expect to win the nomination of either party, altho I believe he could win the election.

I think that the winner of the next presidential election will be the candidate who the public perceives as being closest to the middle.

I believe that altho the majority of republicans are conservtive, there are enough that aren't that are sick of the Bush style to vote the other way, as long as the democratic nominee is not too far to the left.

And I also believe that altho the majority of the democrats are quite liberal, there are enough of them that aren't and are sick of the Howard Dean style philosophy to also vote the other way, as long as the republican nominee is not too far to the right.

Hopefully, both parties will realize this, smarten up, and nominate candidates who represent more of the middle ground than the extreme, and whoever wins it will have the effect of uniting the country more, rather than polarizing it further.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150174
03/03/06 10:51 AM
03/03/06 10:51 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

Do you think then the Republicans would be happy/satisfied if he did run??? Or would they prefer someone who isn't leaning left???
TIS
I'm sure he'll run, but I can't see Rudy getting much support from the Republican party. Personally I like him, but he and McCain don't have the backing either of them need. Although I'm not exactly sure who else is high-profile enough to win?? I haven't heard much about Jeb Bush running and I think that would be a disaster anyway. The Bush name has been run through the mud way too much to win another election.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150175
03/03/06 10:52 AM
03/03/06 10:52 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I didn't mean to repeat what Plaw said. I guess we were posting at the same time.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150176
03/03/06 10:53 AM
03/03/06 10:53 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Since George Pataki has announced that he will not seek another term as governor of NY, I sort of expected Rudy Giuliani to step forward. But he hasn't, which leads me to believe that he may have his sights set on Washington.

Rudy has always been a controversial figure, who was elevated to hero status after September 11th. Personally, I've always been a fan of his, but I think that there are Republicans out there who will have a problem with him.

He did some things during his reign as NYC mayor that many thought were impossible, such as cleaning up Times Square, lowering crime, getting rid of the squeegee men, lowering the hotel tax and increasing tourism, and so on. And he's really never been afraid to make an unpopular decision, which endears him to me.

On the other hand, his personal life was a mess. He's been married several times, he actually moved OUT of Gracie Mansion while his wife and children remained, and he suffered through a very messy and very public divorce.

Plaw, he was originally a Democrat, who became a Republican, so I don't think that he would switch again.

I don't think the man ate or slept for his last three months as mayor. He displayed true leadership during those very dark days, but he is a true "New Yawker", and I'm not sure how his outspoken attitude would play on a national level.

TIS - If you want to learn more about him, read his book Leadership. It's interesting, sad and very funny all at the same time.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150177
03/03/06 12:25 PM
03/03/06 12:25 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
TIS - If you want to learn more about him, read his book Leadership. It's interesting, sad and very funny all at the same time.
It is a good read, SB. Plus he makes some "Godfather" references, which is kind of cool.

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150178
03/03/06 12:37 PM
03/03/06 12:37 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
This is a good day for the progressive people in America. ...

Patrick, you have so much to learn!! Youth is on your side, though, and there's time for you to wise up.

Don't you know those polls are rigged to make sure the approval rating is low?

They only ask certain demographic, certain amount of men vs. women and a certain percentage of conservatives/Republicans. Whether they want the result to be a low or high rating on whatever issue...the outcome is virtually guaranteed.

So all you 'Progressives' out there, enjoy the false high while you can...it is going to be rather short-lived.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150179
03/03/06 12:57 PM
03/03/06 12:57 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Don't you know those polls are rigged to make sure the approval rating is low?
That may be true, but I believe Bush's approval rating is at an all-time low. I don't need any polls to feel that.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Bush's approval rating at all time LOW #150180
03/03/06 01:15 PM
03/03/06 01:15 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:
[qb]So all you 'Progressives' out there, enjoy the false high while you can...it is going to be rather short-lived.
While I wouldn't argue that the high may be, in terms of following polls and whatnot, a false one, how may it be short-lived?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull