GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: New Trivia Game #4506
10/29/03 10:21 PM
10/29/03 10:21 PM
East coast
tripwire Offline
Button
tripwire  Offline
Button
East coast
pherdy - thanks, man! this is by far the coolest board i've ever been on; i don't know why i never went to it before. i've always thought i've known a lot about the godfather, but it pales in comparison to most of the 'paisanos' here!

ps. if you think about it, michael never really eats the veal at Louis'. salozzo and mccluskey do end up eating lead, though...

"Onoratu circulu a tutti vi salutu
Finu a la morti a vui su vinculatu
Lo fazzu l'omu pi sangu e onori."
Re: New Trivia Game #4507
10/29/03 10:44 PM
10/29/03 10:44 PM
East coast
tripwire Offline
Button
tripwire  Offline
Button
East coast
speaking of food, we all know that the appearance of a certain food is an omen that something bad is about to happen. there ar emany instances in all tree movies that show this. ironically, what is the first act of tribute received by vito corleone?

Re: New Trivia Game #4508
10/30/03 12:00 AM
10/30/03 12:00 AM
new york
L Neri Offline
Button
L Neri  Offline
Button
new york
Sorry, lost track of where the last real question was so I'll post one.

Q: Who's been with the COrleone Family, Rocco Lampone or Al Neri?

Re: New Trivia Game #4509
10/30/03 06:06 PM
10/30/03 06:06 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Originally posted by L Neri:
Sorry, lost track of where the last real question was so I'll post one.

Q: Who's been with the COrleone Family, Rocco Lampone or Al Neri?
the last question was from tripwire.

If I understand it he asks what Vito's first encounter with oranges is, am I right?

as for your question, weren't they both with the Corleone Family??? Neri and Lampone?

about the food; I guess we don't see him eat Chinese food nor the Louis' veal wink but as foor the takeaway I think he must have had some prior to the scene. The veal though, he could have been to nervous for, but I always believed the whole Louis' scene wasn't 100% real-time, so maybe he did eat something in between but I'm not sure

Re: New Trivia Game #4510
10/30/03 07:01 PM
10/30/03 07:01 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Ok new question: How was Deanna Dunn involved in the book?

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: New Trivia Game #4511
10/31/03 05:53 PM
10/31/03 05:53 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
Originally posted by Turnbull:
When Johnny Fontaine asked him where he was going, Michael said he was going to the kitchen to get a salzic' sandwich.
Q. How much was the check that Don Altobello wrote for Michael's foundation?
OK, I made a stupid mistake, I admit it. However, Turnbull, you were also wrong. Michael said he was going into the kitchen to listen to some Tony Bennett records. Guess everyone is wrong every once in a while.

TM

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Re: New Trivia Game #4512
10/31/03 11:40 PM
10/31/03 11:40 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline OP
Capo
Southeast USA
A: One Million Dollars

Q: In his attempt to take control of Immobiliare, whose vote does Mike believe he purchased for $200 Million Dollars? orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: New Trivia Game #4513
11/01/03 11:25 AM
11/01/03 11:25 AM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
A: Gilday (?) the archbishop

Q: The Godfather Part II (1974) is so far the only movie to ....

Re: New Trivia Game #4514
11/01/03 11:51 AM
11/01/03 11:51 AM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by Pherdy:
A: Gilday (?) the archbishop

Q: The Godfather Part II (1974) is so far the only movie to ....
Close answer but not quite right. Gilday doesn't have a vote but someone else in the church does. (hint, hint) orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: New Trivia Game #4515
11/01/03 02:16 PM
11/01/03 02:16 PM
East coast
tripwire Offline
Button
tripwire  Offline
Button
East coast
Pherdy - wasn't it Pope John Paul I's vote that Michael bought? Gilday told him that "the Pope would have to approve" him in order for him to take control of Immmobiliare. That, and that weasel Keinzig...

what i was getting at with my previous question was, yes, the oranges. i have always found it odd that the first act of tribute given to Don Vito was a bag of oranges from a street vendor. maybe FFC was trying to say that, as good a Don and a father he was, his tenure was ultimately doomed from the first. or not.

Re: New Trivia Game #4516
11/01/03 02:22 PM
11/01/03 02:22 PM
East coast
tripwire Offline
Button
tripwire  Offline
Button
East coast
Don Vanchenzo - "Godfather Part 2" was the first sequel to win a Best Picture Oscar.

Next : Upon what principles was Michael going to base his model for international Immobiliare?

Re: New Trivia Game #4517
11/01/03 02:45 PM
11/01/03 02:45 PM
Desolation Row
Underboss
Underboss
Desolation Row
My question remains unanswered.

How was Deanna Dunn involved in the book?

Re: New Trivia Game #4518
11/03/03 03:47 PM
11/03/03 03:47 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
My question remains unanswered.

How was Deanna Dunn involved in the book?
A: Deanna was a fading Hollywood starlette friend of Johnny Fontaine. She had a particlar interest in watching movie previews with men that interested her. I'm at lunch right now so I'll end it with that answer without going into the R-rated part of the book involving her.

Q: After getting of the train in Sicilly to see Anthony perform, what does Michael tell Kay he needs Al Neri for? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4519
11/03/03 05:46 PM
11/03/03 05:46 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
A: carrying suitcases and helping him in and out of the car

Q: which recently passed away famed director was Coppola's original choice to play Hyman Roth?

Re: New Trivia Game #4520
11/05/03 02:28 PM
11/05/03 02:28 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
George Plimpton. tongue I haven't the foggiest idea. orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4521
11/05/03 07:54 PM
11/05/03 07:54 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
A: What about Bob Hope?

My friend, would you consider letting us off the hook on this question Don Pherdy, so the game can continue?

Con respitto,

Don Vanchenzo orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4522
11/06/03 04:06 PM
11/06/03 04:06 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Answer was: Elia Kazan

(source: Audio Commentary by FFCopolla of GF 2 cool orange )

Q: the name of the traditional sicilian hats worn by bodyguards in the movies

Re: New Trivia Game #4523
11/06/03 04:24 PM
11/06/03 04:24 PM
Desolation Row
Underboss
Underboss
Desolation Row
Copplas,I believe

How do you get to the FFC comentary on the dvds? I can never find it.

Who(in the book)came to Vito and asked for $500?
Bonus question: What was the money for?

Re: New Trivia Game #4524
11/06/03 04:27 PM
11/06/03 04:27 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
[QB] Copplas,I believe

there are two ways:

1- if you have, like mine does, a button on your remote control of the dvd player, there must be a button with which you can change the audio track (from different languages, for instance, including a commentary track), like you have a subtitles-button as well

2- go the main menu of the DVD and then to "Setup"

Re: New Trivia Game #4525
11/06/03 04:40 PM
11/06/03 04:40 PM
Desolation Row
Underboss
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by Pherdy:

1- if you have a button on your remote control of the dvd player...
Yeah I have a lot of buttons on my remote tongue but thanks,I'll have to try that next time.

Re: New Trivia Game #4526
11/06/03 05:38 PM
11/06/03 05:38 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Copplas,I believe

Who(in the book)came to Vito and asked for $500?
Bonus question: What was the money for?
I'm not in at a place I can reference my copy of the Novel, however, I know the $500 was to open a Pizzaria. I forgot who asked for the money however, so I'm only batting .500 - .333 if you count Pherdy's interesting question that hit me like a stone wall. orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4527
11/06/03 06:43 PM
11/06/03 06:43 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
if it's about opening a Pizzeria the only name that comes to mind with me is Fabrizio

Re: New Trivia Game #4528
11/06/03 11:24 PM
11/06/03 11:24 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
According to the Novel, Anthony Coppola came to Vito during Connie's wedding asking for $500.00 to start a pizzaria. Vito did not have enough cash to loan him so he borrowed money off of Tom Hagen. This showed Vito's humility that he would borrow off of another to fulfill the wish of another.

Q: Other than Vincent Mancini, what children of Santino's were present at Michael's party following his papal honor? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4529
11/07/03 08:08 AM
11/07/03 08:08 AM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
the ones we know for sure are there are the twin-daughters, Fransesca and Kathryn, but Santino Jr and Frank could have been there too. unlikely, because they are not in the Family Picture,but maybe they stayed loyal to their mother, who is said to have left the Family and all it's businesses.

A: which Don was a PR-man for Michael?

Re: New Trivia Game #4530
11/07/03 09:41 PM
11/07/03 09:41 PM
Eternity
Enzo da baker Offline
Made Member
Enzo da baker  Offline
Made Member
Eternity
a.altabello

q.she was daddys girl ffc and michaels girl smile

Naz
Re: New Trivia Game #4531
11/07/03 10:31 PM
11/07/03 10:31 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Sophia Coppola
Q. he sleeps with the fishes.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: New Trivia Game #4532
11/07/03 10:46 PM
11/07/03 10:46 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Luca Brasi

Who said, "We're bigger than U.S. Steel?"

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: New Trivia Game #4533
11/08/03 12:57 AM
11/08/03 12:57 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
A: Hyman Roth

Q: Who got hit by a thunder bolt?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: New Trivia Game #4534
11/08/03 01:00 AM
11/08/03 01:00 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Michael (who is definitely a thunderbolt in his own right! grin )

What was Appollonia's last name?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: New Trivia Game #4535
11/08/03 01:44 AM
11/08/03 01:44 AM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Michael (who is definitely a thunderbolt in his own right! grin )

What was Appollonia's last name?

TIS
A: (I believe) Vitelli.

Q: If I'm right, which Don wants to allow drug trafficing in the black communities saying "They're animals anyway so let them lose their souls". orange

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull