GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (BarrettM, Toodoped, 2 invisible), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,764
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: New Trivia Game #4476
10/22/03 10:32 AM
10/22/03 10:32 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Originally posted by Don Vanchenzo:
[QB] Post from TIS:
[QUOTE] During the sequence when baby Fredo has pnemonia. There is a glass on his stomach. What is under the glass?
A: A candle; as well as Freddie. wink

DV, I read that it was a "leech" under the glass they had on Fredo's stomach. I didn't see it in the movie either, but I read that it was a superstition used to draw out the virus or something. Not complaining mind you, but now I am curious.

TIS
TIS, this practice, called "cupping," was very common among Italian and Eastern European immigrants in that era. A glass hemisphere was heated with a candle, then placed on the sick person's skin, to "draw the bad blood" to the surface. No leeches were involved in this process. It's yet another of FFC's many marvelous authenticity touches.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: New Trivia Game #4477
10/22/03 02:28 PM
10/22/03 02:28 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
the zoom in scene is when they're at the restarant and the camre zooms slowly in on mike's face.Pherdy thats what you mean right?
no, I said when Michael offers to kill Sollozo. Tony Mosrite was right; Sonny, Clemenza and Tessio start laughing.

the last question was:
whats the last thing sonny says before he dies other than ahhhhhhhhh
A: Son of a bitch! Come on, come on

Q: where does Tommasino wants Michael to move rigth after Sonny died?

Re: New Trivia Game #4478
10/22/03 04:53 PM
10/22/03 04:53 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline OP
Capo
Southeast USA
A: A villa near Siracusa.

Q: How many actors have played Don Tommisino in the Trilogy? Bonus, not required, name him/them. orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: New Trivia Game #4479
10/22/03 04:59 PM
10/22/03 04:59 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
(this I had to look up, off course)

Corrado Gaipa
Mario Cotone
Vittorio Duse

Q: name five actors who starred in all three Godfather films

Re: New Trivia Game #4480
10/22/03 05:26 PM
10/22/03 05:26 PM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline
Underboss
Nederland
A: Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, John Cazale and James Caan and Abe Vigoda. (James Caan only appeared very short, but that would count aswell, wouldn't it?)

Q: What's the "book" called in which FFC would stick the pages of the novel on A4 paper which he used to direct the film (With this the script just was an "unesecary document.")

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: New Trivia Game #4481
10/22/03 06:10 PM
10/22/03 06:10 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by Pherdy:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] the zoom in scene is when they're at the restarant and the camre zooms slowly in on mike's face.Pherdy thats what you mean right?
no, I said when Michael offers to kill Sollozo. Tony Mosrite was right; Sonny, Clemenza and Tessio start laughing.

[/b]
sorry didnt see the offers to part.My bad.

and what the hell are you talking about,MC14? only al pacino was in ALL three

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: New Trivia Game #4482
10/23/03 09:58 AM
10/23/03 09:58 AM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
A: Er....Al Pacino, Richard BriGht, Talia Shire, Diane Keaton, Sofia Coppola starred in all three movies.

v. touGh to find Guys who lived thru all three movies...apparently the Gals share a lonGer life span in the Godfather universe...i wonder why....? orange

new Q: which was the next (and last) movie that Robert Duvall and James Caan starred in toGether after "Rain People" and GF I&II? Nice: Caan plays a character named "Mike"

hope you won´t let this die too soon.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: New Trivia Game #4483
10/23/03 03:08 PM
10/23/03 03:08 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
A: The Killer Elite

you broke my heart, MC14 and DSC, you broke my heart.

Michael Corleone 14, how can you call yourself a GF-fan, saying Abe Vigoda was in all three of the movies? you had only 2 out of 5 right, where there are in fact SEVEN characters returning.

consiGliera named five of them, very well!

the others were Tere Livrano (Theresa Hagen) and Gabriele Torrei (Enzo the baker, his scenes from GFII were cut out of the original version)

Q: what did Robert DeNiro do to prepare for his role as young Vito in GFII?

Re: New Trivia Game #4484
10/23/03 07:47 PM
10/23/03 07:47 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
A: Went off to Sicily to learn the language and culture.

Q: Whose cane is Sonny handling during Mike's "I'll kill 'em both" speech in the den? orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: New Trivia Game #4485
10/25/03 10:54 PM
10/25/03 10:54 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
A: Sonny is playing with Al Pacino's cane. Pacine turned his ankle jumping onto the car after the Sollozzo murder scene. While he was gimp, he used a cane - mindlessly, James Caan played with it during the scene.

New Question: Who did Vito call Mike's "Luca Brazi"? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4486
10/25/03 11:47 PM
10/25/03 11:47 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
A: Alberto Neri

Q: What did Mike say he was going to do in GFIII when Joey Fontane asked him what his favorite song is?

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Re: New Trivia Game #4487
10/26/03 12:38 AM
10/26/03 12:38 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
When Johnny Fontaine asked him where he was going, Michael said he was going to the kitchen to get a salzic' sandwich.
Q. How much was the check that Don Altobello wrote for Michael's foundation?

Re: New Trivia Game #4488
10/26/03 02:28 AM
10/26/03 02:28 AM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
A: Don Altobello wrote Michael a check for $1 Million.

Q: Who killed Archbishop Gilday?

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: New Trivia Game #4489
10/26/03 12:27 PM
10/26/03 12:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Neri.
Q. What is Kay's second husband's name?

Re: New Trivia Game #4490
10/26/03 12:55 PM
10/26/03 12:55 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
A) Douglas Michelson

Q) When Kay and Michael were Christmas shopping and Michael asked her what she wanted for Christmas, what was her answer? ohwell

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: New Trivia Game #4491
10/26/03 02:58 PM
10/26/03 02:58 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
A: Oh, just Mike!!! blush

Q: What is the phone number Mike calls from Vito's hospital room? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4492
10/26/03 03:43 PM
10/26/03 03:43 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
A: Long Beach 4-5620

Q: when Johnny starts to cry in Vito's office, what does the Don do?

Re: New Trivia Game #4493
10/26/03 05:32 PM
10/26/03 05:32 PM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
A: Vito slaps him in the face, tells him to act like a man, and mimics his crying a bit.

Q: What are the names of Santino's legitimate sons?

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: New Trivia Game #4494
10/26/03 05:35 PM
10/26/03 05:35 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Frank and Santino Jr

Q: which two partners-in-crime can be seen in a Pacino-film called "And Justice For All"?

Re: New Trivia Game #4495
10/26/03 11:04 PM
10/26/03 11:04 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Frank and Santino Jr

Q: which two partners-in-crime can be seen in a Pacino-film called "And Justice For All"?
A: Hyman Roth (Lee Strasburg) & Johnny Ola (Dominic Chianese). [Good question!]

Q: What modern appliance has been added to the Don's study by the time Michael takes over the family? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4496
10/27/03 05:34 PM
10/27/03 05:34 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
this is a guess.. telephone?

if so:

Q: in the 2002 movie Insomnia, Al Pacino (Michael Corleone) was a detective who had to deal with the death of a girl who's name seemed very familiar. What was her name?

Re: New Trivia Game #4497
10/28/03 07:58 PM
10/28/03 07:58 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
this is a guess.. telephone?

if so:

Q: in the 2002 movie Insomnia, Al Pacino (Michael Corleone) was a detective who had to deal with the death of a girl who's name seemed very familiar. What was her name?
The answer was a television set. I jumped off the Board because your question is much more interesting. orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4498
10/28/03 10:00 PM
10/28/03 10:00 PM
East coast
tripwire Offline
Button
tripwire  Offline
Button
East coast
i believe her name was kay connell. if i'm correct :

what does michael ask his mother upon his return from havana? and what is his response to her answer?

"Onoratu circulu a tutti vi salutu
Finu a la morti a vui su vinculatu
Lo fazzu l'omu pi sangu e onori."
Re: New Trivia Game #4499
10/29/03 12:29 AM
10/29/03 12:29 AM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by tripwire:
i believe her name was kay connell. if i'm correct :

what does michael ask his mother upon his return from havana? and what is his response to her answer?
Answer

MAMA

". . . but you can never lose your family."

MICHAEL

"Times are changing."

New Question

What food is Vincent teaching Mary to make in his club just before the cousin-love begins? orange

Re: New Trivia Game #4500
10/29/03 12:41 PM
10/29/03 12:41 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
hey tripwire, welcome to the boards!! great avatar wink

A: gnocchi

Don Vanchenzo, sorry about answering the tv/telephone question wrong. in fact, was there a telephone in the Don's office?

Q: another food question. name three dishes Michael assumably eats before he goes to Sicily

Re: New Trivia Game #4501
10/29/03 03:25 PM
10/29/03 03:25 PM
New York
louPete Offline
Wiseguy
louPete  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
What actor appeared in GF2 and Green Acres?(Hint: it was not Arnold Ziffle)

louPete
Re: New Trivia Game #4502
10/29/03 04:02 PM
10/29/03 04:02 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
the last question (by me wink ) wasn't answered yet

the answer to yours

Harry Dean Stanton

Re: New Trivia Game #4503
10/29/03 04:55 PM
10/29/03 04:55 PM
New York
louPete Offline
Wiseguy
louPete  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
Q: another food question. name three dishes Michael assumably eats before he goes to Sicily .

Sorry. Was it Veal @ Louis in the Bronx,
Chinese take out @ home waiting meet Sollozzo, and meat balls - cooked by Clemenza?

louPete
Re: New Trivia Game #4504
10/29/03 05:49 PM
10/29/03 05:49 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
well the third one I ment was lasagna, but I guess he could have eaten some of Clemenza's meatballs...

no wait, he left before Clemenza finished the cooking, right?

so you're up for a next question wink

Re: New Trivia Game #4505
10/29/03 06:50 PM
10/29/03 06:50 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Southeast USA
Originally posted by louPete:
Q: another food question. name three dishes Michael assumably eats before he goes to Sicily .

Sorry. Was it Veal @ Louis in the Bronx,
Chinese take out @ home waiting meet Sollozzo, and meat balls - cooked by Clemenza?
Let's think about this: I remember the lasagna at Connie's reception; I don't remember Mike taking a single bite of food at Louis; nor to I remember seeing him eat chinese food at waiting for the call from McClusky's precinct. I think he was too nervous to eat plus his jaw was freshly broken.

I don't remember what it is but he does eat with Kay in her hotel room before going to the hospital to see Vito. I dunno confused orange

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull