GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
American Idol Season Five #148915
02/23/06 10:58 AM
02/23/06 10:58 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP
Sicilian Babe  Offline OP

New York
I'm sort of suprised that nobody has started a thread before now, but given that we are down to the Top 24, which will then be taken down to the Final 12, I was just wondering who else was watching this year, and what the thoughts are about the contestants. At this point, have you been able to place names with faces?

My personal favorites so far:

Women: Mandisa (she is some kind of serious awesome), Ayla (so tall), Paris, Lisa and Kat. The rest - meh! They were boring, boring, boring on Tuesday night.

Men: Chris, Elliott, Patrick and Ace (sooooo hot). And of course, Taylor. He is so weird, with the twitching, and has such an amazing voice, and that white hair! So NOT American Idol, and I absolutely love him! On another site, his nickname is Gray Charles. Hee!!

Most disappointing: Kellie Pickler and Sway. Although I adore saying Kellie's name, I was not at all happy with her performance. And Sway? I think that he has the most beautiful voice, but what was he thinking with the falsetto song choice? YUK!

First that should go: Bobby and Brenna. I find them to be the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: American Idol Season Five #148916
02/23/06 11:04 AM
02/23/06 11:04 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I'm going to get all the people that I know to call in a vote against Ace! :p

Ace will by the time I am done. :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148917
02/23/06 11:10 AM
02/23/06 11:10 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Hey, hey!! Back off Ace, pally! I have a friend or two as well, and they know how to speed dial. So you just go quietly on your way, and we'll pretend these threats never took place. OK??

By the way, nice guy last night. Phone's being passed around, and what do you do? Go out for a smoke!

Re: American Idol Season Five #148918
02/23/06 11:13 AM
02/23/06 11:13 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
You know I'm watching!

I think there is a lot of talent this year. Probably the hottest looking women ever in one season. Probably the homeliest looking men....but man, they can sing!

I really don't have a favorite woman yet, though I can't help but like Mandisa. I sooo expected her to come out and do the predictable Aretha tune and she surprised me by doing Heart!

Ayla surprised me as well as she can really sing, but is a bit short on personality.

Katherine has one of the most beautiful faces ever gracing the TV and her voice is pure too.

Best singers last night bar none: Chris, Elliott and Ace.

Chris - singing Bon Jovi and not screeching or yelling. Smooth and wonderful. Not bad to look at, his look grows on you a little.

Elliott - OMG - he's got one jacked up face! But his voice had it going on!!! Loved, love loved his voice!

Ace - What can I say. I love love love Father Figure. That song means alot to me personally and he sang it true. I can't help but be mesmerized by his pretty face. I kinda felt the need to shower and cool myself off after his performance - especially thinking this guy has a twin brother! What is unexpected is I thought he would be the pretty boy who is arrogant and cocky and his personality is so opposite that. I think he can make it as a star for the younger generation.

Who should go home?

Girls - definitely Pseudo Opera Girl Stevie and Pagaent Queen(?) Melissa. I thought Melissa was meh and her 3-pack a day sounding voice just grated on my nerves.

Boys - Didn't care for Falsetto Boy Sway or Bobby channeling Barry Manilow. Bye Bye Bobby - see ya at the Copa.

Sidebar: Taylor is funny - I want him to keep coming back.

Before this season is over, I want to hear Chris, Elliott or Taylor sing a soulful rendition of "When a Man Loves a Woman" and do the song proud!

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol Season Five #148919
02/23/06 11:16 AM
02/23/06 11:16 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
When a Man Loves a Woman - oh that would be great!!

Re: American Idol Season Five #148920
02/23/06 11:21 AM
02/23/06 11:21 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:

By the way, nice guy last night. Phone's being passed around, and what do you do? Go out for a smoke!
Hey, I know when I've had an earful!

Ok sis, I'll make it up to you. Here, go and indulge yourself : http://www.idolonfox.com/photos/?cat=27&sct=23

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148921
02/23/06 11:31 AM
02/23/06 11:31 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
This guy can successfully and naturally do what Constant-Preen TRIED to do last season.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148922
02/23/06 11:47 AM
02/23/06 11:47 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
OK, just when I thought that I had successfully erased that image from my brain...

But, oh, my!! That Ace surely knows how to fill out a tank top. NICE shoulders and arms. AND he can sing.

Thanks to Santino and you, Buffy, for the lovely photos! Sigh!

Re: American Idol Season Five #148923
02/23/06 12:03 PM
02/23/06 12:03 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'm gonna have to go all Simon Cowell on everybody and disagree with the Mandisa sentiments. She was bleh, IMO.

Katherine McPhee, on the other hand, was incredible. And she's just so gosh darn purty!

Chris Daughtry definitely gave the best performance for the men last night. Awesome rendition of Bon Jovi. I voted for him three times.

Bobby Bennett reminds me of Homer Simpson. Simon hit the nail right on the head during his audition, saying he reminded him of a drunk at a bar.

Ace did incredible last night, too.

Taylor Hicks would have to be my sentimental favorite. SB is right, he is soooo not American Idol, but my God, can the guy sing or what?

Here's my breakdown of personal favorites:

Girls
Katherine McPhee
Lisa Tucker
Ayla Brown

Guys
Chris Daughtry
Ace Young
Taylor Hicks
Elliot Yamin

Who should go tonight?

Girls
Brenna Gethers
Heather Cox

Guys
Bobby Bennett (d'oh!)
Kevin Covais (great voice for a 16 year old, but too one-dimensional)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: American Idol Season Five #148924
02/23/06 01:44 PM
02/23/06 01:44 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I didn't know it was back on. I'm still a little that Bo didn't when last time. What day and what channel is it on?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: American Idol Season Five #148925
02/23/06 01:50 PM
02/23/06 01:50 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Bo Bice has a new single out there - I hear it all the time on XM-radio and downloaded it to my music library - called The Real Thing. Good song, check it out.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148926
02/23/06 02:06 PM
02/23/06 02:06 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Here's my breakdown of personal favorites:

[b]Girls

Katherine McPhee
Lisa Tucker
Ayla Brown

Guys
Chris Daughtry
Ace Young
Taylor Hicks
Elliot Yamin

Who should go tonight?

Girls
Brenna Gethers
Heather Cox

Guys
Bobby Bennett (d'oh!)
Kevin Covais (great voice for a 16 year old, but too one-dimensional) [/b]
I can so agree with all of this. I want to hear so much more from the guys that you listed.

As previously mentioned - I want to hear a guy sing When a Man Loves A Woman.

I want to hear Elliot rock a Three Doors Down song - If I Could Be Like That or Here Without You.

I want to hear Chris sing Dream On by Aerosmith.

I want to hear Ace do a GOOD rendition of Every Breath you Take or Wicked Game.

Taylor? Bust out a soulful Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Heaven's Door.....

Katherine could do a sweet Sarah McClachlin. Angel? I think I would cry if she did.

Lisa? She can sing anything, but I would like her to do something outside of the Mariah, Whitney, Toni Braxton mold.

Kevin will go soon. Sympathy votes can only get you so far. But I was much more icked out by Sway and his false falsetto. Hope he goes tonight with CopaBobby.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148927
02/23/06 08:48 PM
02/23/06 08:48 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I have been a reluctant fan of the Idol. But I've been watching.

Ace
Lisa

Finalists

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: American Idol Season Five #148928
02/23/06 09:13 PM
02/23/06 09:13 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I admit I haven't watched any of AI yet this year. I happen to have it on now. I gotta tell you, some of these people freak me out.

Elliot........Eeek. Is he auditioning for a Geico "cave man" character?

Kevin.....The token Clay Aiken geek. He won't last past 2 more shows I think.

Joey (Sway)....I think we just found out what Don Corpuzzi's been up to.

Chris...Did he go through a wrong door? Shouldn't he be filming "Fast and the Furious 3" or "XXX 25" right now?

All in all I'd have to give Ace my thumbs up. But he's no Mario. Did we find out what happened to him btw?

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: American Idol Season Five #148929
02/23/06 09:15 PM
02/23/06 09:15 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I'm still trying to catch up on the episodes on my DVR -- I haven't watched Tues or Weds shows yet ( ) so not too sure who to root for yet... I'm watching right now, though...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol Season Five #148930
02/23/06 09:21 PM
02/23/06 09:21 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

All I know is I'm sick of Heather already. Somebody put a muzzle on Ms. September.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: American Idol Season Five #148931
02/23/06 09:59 PM
02/23/06 09:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Unlike the other 3 voted off tonight, Patrick actually sounded pretty good! Ahh well...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol Season Five #148932
02/24/06 07:29 AM
02/24/06 07:29 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
NOOOOOO! Not Patrick! You're right, JG, he actually could sing. I was expecting Bucky or one of the younger boys to go, but, alas, the vote didn't go that way. I expected Bobby, and was glad to see the two girls go. I was listening to a local radio station, and some girl who went to college with Becky and her twin said that they were mean AND slutty, so farewell, Becky!!

Re: American Idol Season Five #148933
02/24/06 08:01 AM
02/24/06 08:01 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Without watching any of the show up until now I can't comment on who I thought should have gone. But just watching them last night Becky was one of the girls I could have found myself rooting of. Hence, she's gone...hahahaha. I don't know how good Patrick was, but he just looked to wimpy. I wouldn't have seen him going to far.

In the future I'd like to hear some of the following:

Mandisa - "All I want to do is make love to you". I could see her channeling Annie Wilson.

Ace - "The Reason". The Reason? So I could see him singing it right to me.

Bucky AKA Bo 2 - "Back in Black". He's the rocker of the group, let's see how far he can take it.

Elliot - "Allstar" - Just because he has an eerily resemblance to Smach Mouth's front man.

Will and Kevin - "The Sesame Street Theme". Isn't that where they belong anyway?

Re: American Idol Season Five #148934
02/24/06 11:47 AM
02/24/06 11:47 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Yay - booting Stevie and Copa-Bobby. No-brainer there.

Patrick was not as bad as Sway. Patrick's time would have come soon enough - he is just not in the same league as some of the stronger vocalists in the competition (Chris, Elliott) nor has the looks/"it" factor (Ace) or personality/talent (Taylor). Patrick was indeed "forgettable". That said, I would have rather have him come back next week with something totally different and good and send Sway home.

The judges were right...Becky will go far in the industry. Just check out her and her twin's racy pics on Maxim. They were both on Fear Factor too, the Twins edition. Although I would have willingly PAID someone to boot Melissa off and never see her again, Becky's singing was horrible. Her time, like Patrick's was not so far ahead.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148935
02/24/06 11:51 AM
02/24/06 11:51 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
I have been a reluctant fan of the Idol. But I've been watching.

Ace
Lisa

Finalists
Good Call, MC. Lisa appeared on Star Search when she was 13 so she has alot of stage presence already for her age and already knows how to perform in front of audiences. She obviously has been honing her talents for some time!

I would not however rule out Katherine to win the whole thing. I would like to see her mix it up a little more in her song choices, but every time I see her, her personality shows more and more and she has the most beautiful face!

Ace is very good at singing the cheesy, breathy ballads. I would like to see him belt something out with a little more power behind it.

Put Ace's face with Elliott's passion and personality with Chris's vocals - that'd be something!

Re: American Idol Season Five #148936
02/24/06 01:22 PM
02/24/06 01:22 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
They voted off the right people last night. Patrick's performance was decent, but forgettable, made even more forgettable because he was the first to perform.

I'm glad Bobby was voted off, as well. He's a funny guy, but AI isn't about being funny. Maybe he oughta try out for MadTV or SNL.

I was flabbergasted when they voted off Becky! I don't think her song choice was especially complementary of her voice, but I still think her performance was far better than some of the other girls (*cough* BRENNA!!!! *cough*).

Stevie's voice was just annoying. Her speaking voice. She had to go.

I've already predicted Katharine winning the competition. She's got a powerhouse voice, and she's probably the most gorgeous contestant the show has ever had. She's the total package.

Lisa has a chance because of her talent, but I feel its her age that is gonna hold her back. Whether she wins this competition or not, she'll have a recording contract.

Speaking of Lisa, here's an interesting fact.

One of my girlfriend's co-workers told her a few months ago that her neighbor was thinking about trying out for American Idol. After contemplating it and talking with her family and friends, she finally decided to audition.

That neighbor is Lisa Tucker.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: American Idol Season Five #148937
03/01/06 11:34 AM
03/01/06 11:34 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Who watched last night? Can you spell "train wreck"? It was, without a doubt, the most boring show ever. I was expecting so much more of these women, and, IMHO, they all stunk. Even the magnificent Mandisa was just ok.

And I know that Kellie Pickler is supposed to be adorable, but that whole little thing about the spinach salad and the cal-a-mari was nauseating.

Of all the girls, I think that Ayla did the best job. I have a feeling that America shared my feeling of blah-ness, because by 9:40 I was able to get through on the phones no problem.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148938
03/01/06 12:17 PM
03/01/06 12:17 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I agree, it wasn't great at all. I think the worst singer of the night was Heather. For one, her voice isn't that great anyway, so she choosed a Mariah Carey song? She butchered it beyond all recognition.

I think Ayla did the best last night, as well. Such a shame. Last week's show was awesome. It took all I had not to change the channel to something else last night.

I hope the guys bring it tonight.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148939
03/01/06 12:40 PM
03/01/06 12:40 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I missed it. Glad I did. I was watching I love 1974 on VH1 instead. It seems I had a better time.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148940
03/01/06 01:07 PM
03/01/06 01:07 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Well, Ace will certainly "bring it", even if he doesn't sing.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148941
03/01/06 01:19 PM
03/01/06 01:19 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Oh, they're supposed to sing now?

I guess next you're gonna tell me I can only like baseball players who can hit.

I think Simon said on one interview he thinks this is the best crop of singers yet.

I think he's a crock of shit. There's not one person yet who I'm dying to have win.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148942
03/01/06 01:23 PM
03/01/06 01:23 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Is it the strength of their swing or the fit of their uniform? Everyone has their priorities. :p

As for Ace, he's adorable, and he was fairly good last week. And he pulls off the camera-love a hell of a lot better than Constant-stink did.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148943
03/01/06 01:45 PM
03/01/06 01:45 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

It seems there's always one fat guy, one geeky, young guy, and one guy who's the dreamer. Different strokes as they say.

Re: American Idol Season Five #148944
03/01/06 02:46 PM
03/01/06 02:46 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Well, with Bobby gone, we're down to the geeky guy, two young guys, Ace and then Taylor, who doesn't fit at all with the AI mold. I think that's one of the reasons I'm loving him so much.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull