GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 268 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,854
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Quick question #18264
10/14/04 03:09 PM
10/14/04 03:09 PM
Washington, D.C.
sicilianspider Offline
Made Member
sicilianspider  Offline
Made Member
Washington, D.C.
Vito's nickname for Michael smile

Re: Quick question #18265
10/14/04 04:37 PM
10/14/04 04:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Right, Johnny. I don't think he was Nazorine's father--the proximity in that scene just made for power of suggestion. And I don't think Mama called him "Nazorine."
Ok Turnbull, I think that I finally got you on one here! grin I am 99.9% sure that mama Corleone says " Nazorine, sing us a song!" and the old guy comes to the microphone while at the same time mama is standing right next to Nazorine the baker and both are hysterical laughing. Turnbull, how about this: A friendly bet here. I say that the old man who sang at Connies wedding is Nazorine the Baker's father. If I am wrong, I will buy your dinner. If you are wrong, you buy my dinner. A bet?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Quick question #18266
10/14/04 05:04 PM
10/14/04 05:04 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] Right, Johnny. I don't think he was Nazorine's father--the proximity in that scene just made for power of suggestion. And I don't think Mama called him "Nazorine."
Ok Turnbull, I think that I finally got you on one here! grin I am 99.9% sure that mama Corleone says " Nazorine, sing us a song!" and the old guy comes to the microphone while at the same time mama is standing right next to Nazorine the baker and both are hysterical laughing. Turnbull, how about this: A friendly bet here. I say that the old man who sang at Connies wedding is Nazorine the Baker's father. If I am wrong, I will buy your dinner. If you are wrong, you buy my dinner. A bet?

Don Cardi cool [/b]
Hey I want a piece of this, my money is with Turnbull.

While it may true that Mama called Nazorine to come up to the stage, that doesnt mean the old man is Nazorine, nor did it mean she wanted him to sing. She might have wanted him to bring in the cake, so she could stop singing. In the picture you can plainly see Nazorine on the stage.
Proably the old guy had too much wine and just was feeling silly. It happens at every wedding, some old guy has too much to drink and feels the need to sing. If you win, we can go to Louis's in the Bronx for dinner, you will love the veal, best in the city grin

Heres the transcript. You will notice that the old man is referred to as the old man.

VOICE (urging Mama Corleone to come onto the stage to sing)

Signora Corleone! -- [more]

MAMA (laughingly)

No -- no -- no! [more]

(then, once on stage)

La stessa storia? ["the same story?"] La stessa storia!

(then sings the first verse to "Luna Mezz'a Mare")

(then, Mama calls Nazorine to the stage)

CUT TO: Sonny goes upstairs

CUT TO: An old man continues "Luna Mezz'a Mare" while Nazorine dances and laughs on stage

CUT TO: Lucy Mancini goes upstairs

CUT TO: The old man who was singing is now dancing

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Quick question #18267
10/14/04 09:07 PM
10/14/04 09:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Go back and watch that scene very closely. After Mama Corleone sings the first verse of the song she then calls "Nazorine" to come up and sing, the scene changes to Sonny going upstairs, but you still hear the music in the background WITHOUT any break in it, getting ready to go into the next verse of the song. It cuts back to the wedding with the music still playing and you can quickly see what looks like the baker positioning the old man/Nazorine the father on the stage and he starts to sing. If you watch this scene closely you can see that while there is a scene switch there NEVER is a break in the music and from the time Mama calls out "Nazorine" to the time the Old Man starts to sing there is absolutely no way that The Baker Nazorine could have sang some of the song before the old man. My money is that the old man is Nazorine the bakers father and that is who Mama was calling to sing the next verse. Is there any way that we can find this out for sure Don Malta?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Quick question #18268
10/14/04 10:54 PM
10/14/04 10:54 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Originally posted by SC:
Sure do. He looks like the same guy who sang at the wedding (also pictured below). Forgive the bluish tinge to the pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
OMFG!! I love how you wrote "the bluish tint" That is no frekaing tint, those people are smurfs!! ha ha ha lol

Re: Quick question #18269
10/17/04 07:22 PM
New york
CommonMafiaHood Offline OP
Wiseguy
CommonMafiaHood  Offline OP
Wiseguy
New york
Ok thanks for clearing that up everyone. i think we should also consider the man in GF1 we think may be altobello is definitly not. GF1 took place in the late 40's early 50's, and GF3 in 1979. Altobello wouldnt have looked that old in GF1 if it was him, because that guy would probably have been dead by 1979.

Re: Quick question #18270
New york
CommonMafiaHood Offline OP
Wiseguy
CommonMafiaHood  Offline OP
Wiseguy
New york
Ok thanks for clearing that up everyone. i think we should also consider the man in GF1 we think may be altobello is definitly not. GF1 took place in the late 40's early 50's, and GF3 in 1979. Altobello wouldnt have looked that old in GF1 if it was him, because that guy would probably have been dead by 1979.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull