GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick question #18234
10/07/04 10:49 PM
10/07/04 10:49 PM
New york
CommonMafiaHood Offline OP
Wiseguy
CommonMafiaHood  Offline OP
Wiseguy
New york
Hey i feel stupid asking this, especially being a big GF fan, but can someone please tell me about Don altobello. What is his past with the family? He isnt in the first 2 (im pretty sure) right?
Thanks

Re: Quick question #18235
10/08/04 12:39 AM
10/08/04 12:39 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Well, CMH, your question underscores one of the many weaknesses of GFIII. Right: Who the hell is Altobello (other than an old acquaintance of the Corleones and Connie's godfather)? Why does he side with Zasa? Why does he betray Michael? Why is he in fealty to Don Lucchese? And why did they choose Eli Wallach to portray him so feebly?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Quick question #18236
10/11/04 10:02 AM
10/11/04 10:02 AM
Netherlands
Don Schulini Offline
Made Member
Don Schulini  Offline
Made Member
Netherlands
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Well, CMH, your question underscores one of the many weaknesses of GFIII. Right: Who the hell is Altobello (other than an old acquaintance of the Corleones and Connie's godfather)? Why does he side with Zasa? Why does he betray Michael? Why is he in fealty to Don Lucchese? And why did they choose Eli Wallach to portray him so feebly?
And you don't have the answers to these questions? Wow..

"You never wanted my friendship, you don't ask with respect.."
Re: Quick question #18237
10/11/04 12:47 PM
10/11/04 12:47 PM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
In GF I, at Vito's funeral, isn't Don Altobello seen getting out of a car to make his way to the grave? A non-speaking "extra?" Just another "moustache Pete" making an obligatory appearance and paying his respects...

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: Quick question #18238
10/11/04 12:58 PM
10/11/04 12:58 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by YoTonyB:
In GF I, at Vito's funeral, isn't Don Altobello seen getting out of a car to make his way to the grave? ....
Turnbull (or anybody) please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Don Altobello a character fabricated solely for the making of GFIII and therefore would not have even existed in any part of The Godfather (either the film or the novel)??? And the old fellow getting out of the car at Vito's funeral - the one who needs chauffer to help him out - wouldn't that have been either Cunneo or Stracci, both of whom are seen earlier at both the wedding and meeting of the Families called by Vito?

As to Altobello's 'past' with the family...if any of the above is true then the only clue to that would be within the dialogue of GFIII.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18239
10/11/04 03:12 PM
10/11/04 03:12 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, Altobello was strictly a fabrication for GFIII. The old guy getting out of the limo looked like the old guy who sang raucously at Connie's wedding. Some here think they spotted him at the Don's Convention.

Re: Quick question #18240
10/11/04 03:54 PM
10/11/04 03:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The old guy getting out of the limo looked like the old guy who sang raucously at Connie's wedding. Some here think they spotted him at the Don's Convention.
Yes, that was the baker Nazorine's father. He sang Gena Luna at Connie's wedding.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Quick question #18241
10/11/04 04:00 PM
10/11/04 04:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QUOTE]...He sang Gena Luna at Connie's wedding...
I believe that's...Che La Luna.

JGeoff has the translation - first line of song is w/ referrence to the moon...

http://www.jgeoff.com/godfather.html

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18242
10/11/04 04:07 PM
10/11/04 04:07 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] [QUOTE]...He sang Gena Luna at Connie's wedding...

Apple [/b]
even FREDO KNEW that! grin grin

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Quick question #18243
10/11/04 04:10 PM
10/11/04 04:10 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[QUOTE]...even [b]FREDO KNEW that! grin [/b]
And that's about ALL he knew.

Excepting of course, how do do coctail waitresses two at a time wink !!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18244
10/11/04 04:18 PM
10/11/04 04:18 PM

[b] [QUOTE]...even [b]FREDO KNEW that! grin [/b]
And that's about ALL he knew.

Excepting of course, how do do coctail waitresses two at a time wink !!

Apple [/b]
I see NOTHING wrong with knowing how to do that, nor practicing to make sure you get it perfect lol

Re: Quick question #18245
10/11/04 04:20 PM
10/11/04 04:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Apple [/b]
Yes Apple, that's the song I was talking about. Thanks for the correct spelling wink .

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Quick question #18246
10/11/04 04:33 PM
10/11/04 04:33 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...I see NOTHING wrong with knowing how to do that, nor practicing to make sure you get it perfect lol
Who said there was anything wrong with it?

If only Fredo had stuck with what he knew - coctail waitresses and Italian songs...he never would've been blown away on the lake WITHOUT EVER KNOWING what was coming.

grin

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18247
10/11/04 04:37 PM
10/11/04 04:37 PM

[b] [QUOTE]...I see NOTHING wrong with knowing how to do that, nor practicing to make sure you get it perfect lol
Who said there was anything wrong with it?

If only Fredo had stuck with what he knew - coctail waitresses and Italian songs...he never would've been blown away on the lake WITHOUT EVER KNOWING what was coming.

grin

Apple [/b]
I think if FREDO WOULD HAVE KNOWN he was going to get shot then you would only have about 115 posts on this board lol grin grin

Re: Quick question #18248
10/11/04 04:48 PM
10/11/04 04:48 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
If you give me a reason to post...I'm gonna post!

tongue

AppleOnYa
4071 posts-to-date...and that's WITHOUT using the board on weekends!!!

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18249
10/11/04 04:57 PM
10/11/04 04:57 PM

Maybe you can help me with this question then apple:

In GF1 (I know its not in timeline but it confuses me) In a deleted scene Sonny is talking to Tessio and Tom (I think) when Michael is in the room and Sonny says whos head do we blow off, Clemenza or Paulie? So I take that as him suspecting Clemenza as one of them. Yet right after Vito was shot, Sonny goes to the door with the gun when Clemenza knocks but when Clemenza says "its me" Sonny puts the gun away....why is that?

Re: Quick question #18250
10/11/04 05:04 PM
10/11/04 05:04 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
My theory is that he secretly has the hots for Clemenza and despite initial suspicion of his involvement in Vito's shooting, Sonny still likes to be around the big lug as much as possible.

That's really why Sonny's been carrying on with Lucy...female version of Clemenza & it's the closest he can get without revealing his secret.

I'll be Sonny's real relieved when it becomes clear that Clemenza's innocent !!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Quick question #18251
10/11/04 05:10 PM
10/11/04 05:10 PM

My theory is that he secretly has the hots for Clemenza and despite initial suspicion of his involvement in Vito's shooting, Sonny still likes to be around the big lug as much as possible.

That's really why Sonny's been carrying on with Lucy...female version of Clemenza & it's the closest he can get without revealing his secret.

I'll be Sonny's real relieved when it becomes clear that Clemenza's innocent !!

Apple
Well at least THAT makes sense lol

and if for some reason thats true, my future son will NO LONGER be named Santino lol

Re: Quick question #18252
10/11/04 08:30 PM
10/11/04 08:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Maybe you can help me with this question then apple:

In GF1 (I know its not in timeline but it confuses me) In a deleted scene Sonny is talking to Tessio and Tom (I think) when Michael is in the room and Sonny says whos head do we blow off, Clemenza or Paulie? So I take that as him suspecting Clemenza as one of them. Yet right after Vito was shot, Sonny goes to the door with the gun when Clemenza knocks but when Clemenza says "its me" Sonny puts the gun away....why is that?
Don Michael,

When Vito is first shot, Sonny probably did not know that Paulie had called in sick, so therefore at the moment he did not suspect Clemenza. But in all likelyhood, later on when Sonny did find out that Paulie had called in sick and realizing that Paulie was brought into the family by Clemenza, they had to suspenct that Clemenza may have been in on the hit. That is why in that deleted scene Clemenza is sitting OUTSIDE the office when Sonny and Tessio are meeting. But at the point of the meeting when Michael walks into the office, they now know that Clemenza had nothing to do with it because of thier man inside the phone company. Michael does not know this yet. The reason that Sonny asks that question is to try and get Michael rattled for his wanting to sit in the meeting. Sonny knew that the Don never wanted Mike mixed up in the business, so he tried to discourage Michael from sitting in by talking about blowing heads off. But at the same time Michael shows his cunningness for business and his ability to analyze the situation by giving the right answer to Sonny. Michael is not phased and is not shaken by the thought of having to decide who needed to be killed and Sonny realizes this with Mike's answer.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Quick question #18253
10/11/04 08:43 PM
10/11/04 08:43 PM

thanks DC

I understand you are saying that Sonny just asked the question to see how Mike would react but do you think Clemenza thought at any point that they were suspecting him?

Re: Quick question #18254
10/11/04 09:06 PM
10/11/04 09:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
thanks DC

I understand you are saying that Sonny just asked the question to see how Mike would react but do you think Clemenza thought at any point that they were suspecting him?
He probably felt more scared that the Corleone's may hold him indirectly responsible because of Paulie, than of his actually being suspected of setting up the hit itself.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Quick question #18255
10/13/04 09:45 PM
10/13/04 09:45 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
[b] The old guy getting out of the limo looked like the old guy who sang raucously at Connie's wedding. Some here think they spotted him at the Don's Convention.
Yes, that was the baker Nazorine's father. He sang Gena Luna at Connie's wedding.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
How do you know it was Nazorines father? Where was that mentioned or implied? confused

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Quick question #18256
10/13/04 10:22 PM
10/13/04 10:22 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
^^^^ Thats the first Ive heard of it too. My assumption is that the guy was just one of Vito's (many) firends.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Quick question #18257
10/13/04 10:36 PM
10/13/04 10:36 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by johnny ola:
[b]
[b] The old guy getting out of the limo looked like the old guy who sang raucously at Connie's wedding. Some here think they spotted him at the Don's Convention.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
How do you know it was Nazorines father? Where was that mentioned or implied? confused [/b]
I have not read it anywhere, nor was it ever implied. But watch the funeral scene very closely. In my opinion the old guy being helped out of the car in that scene looks just like Nazorine The Baker's father, who sang at Connie's wedding. Now if you are asking the question "How do you know it's Nazorine The Baker's father singing at the wedding?" Mama Corleone calls him Nazorine when she asks him up to sing.

SC, "my most valued and trusted friend," you always come up with pictures, do you have one of this old man being helped out of the car at Vito's wedding?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Quick question #18258
10/14/04 05:28 AM
10/14/04 05:28 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
In my opinion the old guy being helped out of the car in that scene looks just like Nazorine The Baker's father, who sang at Connie's wedding.

SC, "my most valued and trusted friend," you always come up with pictures, do you have one of this old man being helped out of the car at Vito's wedding?
Sure do. He looks like the same guy who sang at the wedding (also pictured below). Forgive the bluish tinge to the pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Quick question #18259
10/14/04 08:14 AM
10/14/04 08:14 AM
New jersey
P
Pepino Offline
Wiseguy
Pepino  Offline
P
Wiseguy
New jersey

Apple [/b]
"La Luna Mezza"

Re: Quick question #18260
10/14/04 08:45 AM
10/14/04 08:45 AM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally posted by johnny ola:
[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Turnbull:
<strong> The old guy getting out of the limo looked like the old guy who sang raucously at Connie's wedding. Some here think they spotted him at the Don's Convention.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
How do you know it was Nazorines father? Where was that mentioned or implied? confused [/b]
I have not read it anywhere, nor was it ever implied. But watch the funeral scene very closely. In my opinion the old guy being helped out of the car in that scene looks just like Nazorine The Baker's father, who sang at Connie's wedding. Now if you are asking the question "How do you know it's Nazorine The Baker's father singing at the wedding?" Mama Corleone calls him Nazorine when she asks him up to sing.

Don Cardi cool </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I also kinda thought he was at the meeting of the families with Vito. I will have to look at the scene closer again.

What is interesting is in the picture with the old guy singing, right next to him is Vito Scotti, who played Nazorine the baker, which could lead to thinking that the old guy wasn't Nazorine. cool

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Quick question #18261
10/14/04 11:38 AM
10/14/04 11:38 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Right, Johnny. I don't think he was Nazorine's father--the proximity in that scene just made for power of suggestion. And I don't think Mama called him "Nazorine."

Re: Quick question #18262
10/14/04 11:42 AM
10/14/04 11:42 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

Sonny had found out about his father being shot only seconds before Clemenza knocked at the door. He didn't know Clemenza was at the door, so he whipped out the gun as a precaution. He put it away because, whether or not he suspected Clemenza at that point, Clemenza obviously wasn't planning to harm him right then and there--otherwise he wouldn't have knocked. Sonny had to suspect Clemenza since Paulie was out sick (making him the prime suspect) and Paulie reported to Clemenza. Clemenza had to know he was under suspicion as soon as he learned (as he must have) that Sonny had ordered Tessio's men (not Clemenza's) to guard the hospital.

Re: Quick question #18263
10/14/04 12:08 PM
10/14/04 12:08 PM
New York
Meggie Offline
Underboss
Meggie  Offline
Underboss
New York
Speaking of translations: Can anyone give me an accurate translation of what Don Vito says to infant Michael on the steps after he kills Don Fannucci. The transltion says..Michael, your father loves you very much, but what does 'mi galoso'(sp) mean? Thanks smile

LA BELLA MAFIA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull