GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 55 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,132
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,780
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148069
02/16/06 09:27 AM
02/16/06 09:27 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Neal was very upset to learn that virtually no one seemed to be very concerned about the Arab company taking over the operation of some of our ports, which was mentioned HERE .

Then, when he heard about this, he practically flipped out:

Arab Company To Be Responsible For U.S. Airport Security
U.S. Committee On Foreign Investment Secretly OK's Move

By Neal Pulcawer

An Arab company, with possible ties to the terrorist group Al Qaeda, has been approved in secret meetings by the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, an arm of the Treasury Department, to take over security and passenger screening operations at several major U.S. Airports, it was announced today in Washington.

The company, Bin Ladin Security, is based in the Saudi Arabian city of Jidda, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the multi-billion dollar Bin Ladin Group, the largest construction company in the Arab world, said to have made its fortune in building projects for the Saudi royal family.

The move is the latest in what some see as a questionable series of policy changes regarding Homeland Security, most recently the one in which a deal was approved by the U.S. in which Dubai Ports World would purchase Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co., a London company that already runs commercial port operations in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans and Miami, and take over the operation of those ports themselves.

With the Bin Ladin Group set to begin operation at U.S. Airports sometime this summer, a Bush administration official who wished to remain anonymous said yesterday "This is a good move all the way around. We figure that if they’re responsible for airport security, they’ll be too embarrassed to ever let anything happen.”

“Besides” he added “Everyone seems to agree these days that outsourcing certain jobs is definitely the way to go.”

Some foes of the Bush administration, however, expressed a different view.

Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY), noted for his interest in issues involving geese and deer, made another analogy to the animal world, saying “This doesn’t seem like a very good move to me. It’s like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.”

U.S. airport security, which came under heavy fire and close scrutiny following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in which 19 Arab terrorist commandeered four airplanes, crashing one into the Pentagon in Washington and two others into the World Trade Center in New York, killing thousands, continues to be heavily criticized.

Osama bin Ladin, said to be the mastermind behind the attacks, is the 17th of 53 children of Muhammad Awad bin Ladin, who heads the Bin Ladin Group.

Some critics of U.S. Homeland Security policies have said that workers for firms responsible for security at airports and passenger screening are often paid the minimum wage or slightly above, and do not receive adequate training for their jobs.

“This move should take care of that problem” said an administration spokesperson. “The Bin Ladin Group is one of the richest companies in the world, and since they plan to import their own workers who won’t be U.S. citizens, we don’t have to worry about them being underpaid.”

“Besides” he added “Everyone knows that the Bin Ladins are very meticulous about planning, and almost fanatical about training their operatives. We’ve heard of cases where they train people for years before allowing them to go to work.”

Others remained critical of the move.

“It looks to me like the Bush administration is trying to sneak this one through while everyone’s attention is focused on the Vice President Cheney shooting incident and the Winter Olympics” said Democratic Party National Chairman Howard Dean.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148070
02/16/06 10:25 AM
02/16/06 10:25 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Neal, that's a good one! Have the VP shoot someone, give him a "mild" heart attack, and sneak in the security company. The old magician's trick of misdirection.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148071
02/16/06 09:30 PM
02/16/06 09:30 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I don't have time to read all that, but if Neal says so, then it must be true. I have to go now and play my guitar. I'm working on an old Neil Young tune, "Out On a Weekend."

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148072
02/17/06 12:56 AM
02/17/06 12:56 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
P.L. (why does everyone call you Neal?? ) I don't want it to sound like I'm kissing ass here but that was brilliant as usual..

Re: Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148073
02/17/06 02:39 AM
02/17/06 02:39 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Neal likes praise.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Neal Pulcawer Practically Flips Out #148074
02/18/06 10:20 AM
02/18/06 10:20 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
pl, please pass on to Neal that he has a secret admirer - Helen Drovenoe. She asked me not to say anything, but I couldn't resist. She's

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull