GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 271 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's Back! "24" #143481
02/20/06 12:53 PM
02/20/06 12:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
A&E is showing last season's episodes today. I happened to watch the last episode of last season. Boy, the writing is so superb. Of course when watching the last episode last season, no one would actually pick up on something that was said, or take if for more than face value at the time. But after watching this new season and what has transpired, a new meaning to what was said in last season final episode, by former President Palmer to Current President Logan, takes on a whole new meaning!

There is a scene, after the terrorists are caught and everything is resolved, where President Logan calls President Palmer into his office to thank him for all his help. Palmer tells Logan that he must talk to his Security Advisor Walt Cummings because he, Palmer, believes that Cummings may be setting Jack up to be killed. Logan takes offense to what Palmer is suggesting and tells Palmer that it is now time for him to go back into civilian life and that he would never question Cummings as it would be against his beliefs in running his administration as he sees fit. Palmer insists that something is not right and Logan brushes Palmers idea off as just being paranoid! Palmer responds to Logan by saying that he gets it, that Logan " Sees No Evil."

There in that last episode was a hint that Palmer knew something that was going down in Logan's administration and that Walt Cummings was somehow involved! A storyline which developed this season, but one that we never gave a second thought to in the last season when watching that scene.

What outstanding writing on this show.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143482
02/21/06 01:22 PM
02/21/06 01:22 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
It seems you were right on the money with your observation on the CTU key card! Lynn (Sean Astin) is losing control because of the pressure Logan is putting on him, and because of the fact that some lowly thug ran off with his key card to CTU.

Last night's episode was great, leaving us with a cliff-hanger ending. Logan is unwillingly leading the Russian President to his death, but a monkey wrench was thrown in his plan when his wife enters the motorcade with he and his wife.

Going back to Lynn, he's had Bill Buchannan taken into custody, and by the preview for next week, it seems he's gonna have Chloe, Audrey, Curtis, and possibly even Jack taken into custody. This man is obviously not very good under pressure. It's one thing to punish your employees for insubordination on a regular day, but in the middle of a national (possibly international) crisis? I'm pretty sure President Logan is gonna have Lynn removed from duty.

I'm still waiting for Tony to come around. Tony seemed ready to talk during the episode where a hit man was sent in to kill Jack, but we haven't heard anything about Tony since. I don't think he'll come around until near the end of this season, and he'll probably drop some kind of bombshell that just may shake the very foundation of the show.

Can't wait til next week!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" #143483
02/21/06 01:41 PM
02/21/06 01:41 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Logan is unwillingly leading the Russian President to his death, but a monkey wrench was thrown in his plan when his wife enters the motorcade with he and his wife.
A great move on her part. Her action of jumping into the limo with the Russian President serves two purposes.

1- There is no way that her husband is going to allow an attack to take place knowing that his wife is in the limo.

2- If it ever came out that the Logan gave the terrorists the Russian President's Limo route, there would now be doubt that Logan would do such a thing. Why? Because now with the First Lady in that Limo people would say that Logan could never have done that because he knew that his wife would be in the Limo with the Russian President and first lady!

Mrs. Logan should be the President!

As for Lynn (Sean Astin), well I think the saving grace for the rest of CTU and those that's he ordering to be held in holding, will be the fact that his key card was stolen and he didn't inform anyone. They'll find out and hold it over his head or something, but the unreported stolen Key Card is what's going to be his achilles heal.

Can't wait either.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143484
02/27/06 11:11 PM
02/27/06 11:11 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Another fantastic episode! It just get's better and better every week. Curtis really stepped up this week.

I think Tont Almeada and Jack's daughter come back next week. 2 hour episode next week! Yessss!

It has to be the fastest hour of TV.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143485
02/27/06 11:26 PM
02/27/06 11:26 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Agreed, Don Cardi.

I got a bit sad when the motorcade was hit because I initially thought Agent Pierce had been killed. He's one of the few characters (albeit he's a minor character) who has been in every season. The only ones left are Jack, Tony, and Erin.

All I have to say about Curtis is "way to go!" Lynn was just losing it. I wasn't a big fan of Curtis at the beginning of last season, but throughout the latter half of season 4, and throughout this season, he's become one of my favorite characters.

I'm glad that Tony will be back next week, and the return of Kim next week should make things rather interesting.

Two hours next week! Woo hoo!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" #143486
02/28/06 12:19 PM
02/28/06 12:19 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
Best thing on television at the moment by far, i also saw this earlier:

1. If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
2. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
3. Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.
4. If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.
5. Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
6. When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.
7. Jack Bauers calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.
8. Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
9. 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.
10. When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.
11. If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then it's fucking beef.
12. Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
13. Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
14. Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.
15. Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.
16. Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.
17. Jack Bauer removed the "Escape" button from his keyboard. Jack Bauer never needs to escape.
18. Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
19. Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
20. If you're holding a gun to Jack Bauer's head, don't count to three before you shoot. Count to 10. That way, you get to live 7 seconds longer.
21. Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
22. Every mathematical inequality officially ends with "< Jack Bauer".
23. When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.
24. If Rosa Parks was in Jack Bauer's seat, she'd move to the back of the bus.
25. Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better fucking do it.
26. When President Palmer quit to start doing Allstate commercials, it took him 43 takes before he could stop saying, "You're in good hands with Jack Bauer".
27. Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.
28. Jack Bauer arm once wrestled Superman. The stipulations were the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants.
29. Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.
30. When Jack Bauer was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.
31. Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.
32. Jack Bauer once double teamed a girl.. by himself.
33. When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.
34. If Jack Bauer misspells a word, your dictionary is wrong.
35. Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.
36. In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the fuck have you done with your life?
37. Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.
38. There are no such thing as lesbians, just women who never met Jack Bauer.
39. When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer.
40. Due to Jack Bauer, no one looks forward to the weekend anymore, they look forward to the weekend being over, and watching 24 on Monday.
41. Jack Bauer uses #1 pencils on standardized tests.... Jack Bauer doesn't associate with anything that is #2.
42. Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
43. Your attraction to Jack Bauer in no way affects your sexual orientation.
44. When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
45. Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris were stuck in a room together once... After 3 minutes, Chuck Norris left crying without a scratch on him.
46. You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.
47. Jack Bauer once won a game of rock paper scissors using niether rock, paper nor scissors.
48. Guns dont kill people, Jack Bauer kills people.
49. Men are ok with their wives fantasizing about Jack Bauer during sex; because they are doing the same thing.
50. In kindergarten, Jack Bauer killed a terrorist for Show and Tell.
51. Jack Bauer knows Victoria's secret.
52. Jack Bauer has been to Mars. Thats why theres no life on Mars.
53. It is a known fact that when Time magazine awards "The Man of Year*", there is fine print on the bottom of the cover that says, " *besides Jack Bauer."
54. Finding Nemo would have been vastly more exciting had Jack Bauer been looking for him.
55. If Jack Bauer was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.
56. Jack Bauer won the Tour de France on a unicycle to prove to Lance Armstrong it wasn't a big deal. He thinks yellow wristbands are gay.
57. If Jack Bauer saw a terrorist reaching for a bomb to blow himself up, Jack would shoot the bomb first. Nobody steals a kill from Jack Bauer.
58. If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.
59. What color is Jack Bauer's blood? Trick question. Jack Bauer does not bleed.
60. During the 18 months Jack Bauer was believed dead, CTU saved over $1 billion on ammunition.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: It's Back! "24" #143487
03/06/06 08:59 PM
03/06/06 08:59 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok, here we go, 2 hours tonight!

Cya in 2 hours!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143488
03/06/06 11:02 PM
03/06/06 11:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Edgar Styles

I really liked that guy.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143489
03/06/06 11:11 PM
03/06/06 11:11 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Wow! What an incredible and emotional ending to that two hours of 24!

I really liked Edgar. He was so nice, and so loyal. No matter how much he and Chloe were at each other's throats, you could tell there was a definite camaraderie between the two of them. He really grew on me. I'm sad to see him go.

The confrontation between Jack and Kim was VERRRRY tense. This could get very interesting.

I'm glad Tony is getting back in the game. His presense was definitely missed.

Next week looks to be another rocket buster.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143490
03/07/06 10:54 AM
03/07/06 10:54 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Kim's boyfriend, what's up with him?

Remember that Jack's ex CTU boss, the one that was involved with the terrorists, and that Jack captured, made a comment two times to Jack about how he and his wife looked after Kim after Jack was supposedly dead?

I'm wondering if Kim's boyfriend was planted by this guy for some reason or another. Hmmm.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143491
03/07/06 12:05 PM
03/07/06 12:05 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I had that same feeling about Kim's boyfriend. According to Chris (the ex-CTU guy Jack captured), when Jack "died", Chase left her, and she hit rock bottom. I'm assuming that Chris set her up with this "therapist" and told him to keep an eye on her.

Also, seeing as he developed and supplied the terrorists with the nerve gas, and knows something so big that he's willing to lose his wife for it, I think he may have been in on the Palmer/Michelle hits. Which tells me that he may have had Kim's boyfriend there as a counselor to find out if she knew her father was alive. And he's been there ever since to make sure no contact came between Kim and Jack.

Bear in mind that when this Chris guy first came in the picture a couple episodes back, he said he didn't believe for a second that Jack was dead.

Of course this is all speculation, but that's what makes this show great. It leaves the viewer a lot of rope to try and fill in the holes themselves.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143492
03/14/06 12:15 PM
03/14/06 12:15 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
**************SPOILERS***************

Last night's episode was almost too much to handle! I was anxious throughout the whole thing. Probably the most anxiety inducing episode I've ever seen.

I thought the security guard was gonna kick Lynn's ass after finding out that it was his fault the attack on CTU occurred. But Lynn made up for it with his sacrifice at the end.

Kim is starting to piss me off. Yes, I understand that she's angry, upset, etc. because she didn't know her father was alive, but how many times does he (and everyone else) have to tell her that he did it so she'd be safe?! Two (maybe three, I'll get to that in a minute) of the four people who knew Jack were alive are dead now, simply for knowing about it. But she won't even accept that.

The final scene from last night was shocking, to say the least. Tony was about to murder Henderson, when he "miraculously" awoke from his coma, and stabbed him in the heart with the chest with the needle. Jack's tearful embrace at the end was almost heart-breaking in itself.

But I don't think Tony is dead.

Here are 5 reasons I found on TV.com why Tony Almeida isn't dead:

From TV.com

Five reasons why Tony Has a better than 50-50 shot of living: (courtesy of Merlin401, member of TV.com's forums)

#1) As per the trivia from this season's episode opener: "In addition, Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida) is once again upped to series regular after being a Special Guest last season." I dont feel he'd be made a series REGULAR to appear in, what, 3 total episodes? IF he doesn't have a bigger role, he'd likely have been left at special guest star.

#2) Reading an interview somewhere earlier in which Tony was describing a practical joke he played on one of the actresses that she got angry over. That actress hasn't appeared on the show yet. So... that also makes me wonder.

#3) No silent clock. Proves nothing but if he were dead, it was a perfect spot for it.

#4) Needle was stabbed into the right side of his chest, not his heart. No idea if that matters and you may say he was planning on giving Chris a lethal dose BUT lets remember Christopher is pumped full with this stuff already. Maybe it would take a bit more to kill off Tony.

#5) Lastly, I just think the writers know what is 'overboard' and what is not. Killing off characters is important to the show. Killing off the 3 most loved characters after Jack is a bit much. Especially with them killing various other important people around them. The death rate is just too high.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143493
03/14/06 12:27 PM
03/14/06 12:27 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Kim has been brainwashed by C. Thomas Howell, who in my opinon was planted to "watch" Kim by Henderson.

Homeland Security. The man who was in the van with the lady from Homeland Security, her aide, seems to me to be a mole. I didn't like all the questions that he was asking her, worried who he had to answer to at CTU and who would be in charge. I'm very suspicious of him.

That security guard broke my heart when he called his little girl when he knew that he was going to die. Heartbreaking, especially if you are a parent.

And thank God for the first lady! She should be the President.

President Palmer, Michelle, Edgar, Lynn, and now Tony?

I hope that you are right about Tony.

You never can tell with this show!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143494
03/14/06 02:19 PM
03/14/06 02:19 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Unfortunately, I was wrong about Tony.

FOX.com -- 24 -- Season 5 -- 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. I'm pretty sure that's all the confirmation we need that Tony is dead.

IMDb.com has him listed for the next three episodes, but I'm guessing it'll just be shots of his dead body.

In regards to the show, it's a great twist, because we all expected Tony to get his revenge. But it turns out he was a better man than that.

This season, better than any season before it, has displayed how self-destructive this job makes people. It destroys their lives, and the lives of the people they care about. This season may just turn out to be the most gripping yet.

Tony will be missed from the show. But it's just more fuel for Jack Bauer to continue being the bad ass that he is. His best friend is dead. Jack Bauer is about to go all Jack Bauer on some people's asses.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143495
03/20/06 11:02 PM
03/20/06 11:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
So, do you think that Audrey is dirty?

All of last season I kept telling my wife that I didn't trust Audrey.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143496
03/21/06 01:37 AM
03/21/06 01:37 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Before tonight, I never suspected Audrey Raines of being dirty, not even for a second, and I really don't think she's completely dirty now. I'm thinking she's being used by the terrorists, that maybe they have something that's important to her, and they're threatening her with it. Kind of like last season, when Mandy and her boyfriend used Audrey's brother to gain access to Secretary Heller's schedule.

I was shocked when Collete uttered the name "Audrey Raines." She just doesn't seem the type to switch sides. Then again, deception is a big asset if you're a terrorist or are associated with terrorists.

I can't wait til next week's episode to find out. Another great episode tonight!

Re: It's Back! "24" #143497
04/03/06 10:28 PM
04/03/06 10:28 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I forgot to post last week. I must be slippin'.

A brief rundown of my thoughts from last week's episode:

-- I really didn't think Audrey was capable of playing both sides, and I'm glad I was right. We found out that Henderson instructed Collete to use Audrey's name as a contigency plan, in the unlikely event that she was caught.

-- The final scenes from last week's episode were amazing. The explosion of the gas tanks at the distribution center, Jack barely making it out of there in time, only to chase down Bierko, and make it into his car just in time to shield himself and Bierko from the explosion. Incredible episode!

Now onto this week's episode:

CTU has been absorbed by Homeland Security. Audrey signed a paper that cost CTU any hope of refuting the decision. I understand she did it to keep Chloe at CTU, but it was still sad to see Bill Buchannan leave.

I KNEW that Logan was dirty! I knew it since last season! I didn't think he was directly involved with the whole terrorist plot, though. I can't wait to find out more next week!

This season just keeps getting better and better.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143498
04/08/06 10:20 AM
04/08/06 10:20 AM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
this thing with Logan makes no sense...I mean, how can u explain Cummings?

so basically we had Cummings working with terrorists behind the president's back....and at the same time we had Logan, the mastermind criminal working with terrorists as well....Cummings thinks hes fooling the president, but did Logan knew about Cummings?

- and are we to assume that Logan actually killed Cummings and it was not a suicide?

this all Logan/Cummings mess doesnt stir well...writers have a lot to explain next time....even for a show like 24, I'd say it still looks a little messed up.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143499
04/08/06 10:46 AM
04/08/06 10:46 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Debra:
this thing with Logan makes no sense...I mean, how can u explain Cummings?

so basically we had Cummings working with terrorists behind the president's back....and at the same time we had Logan, the mastermind criminal working with terrorists as well....Cummings thinks hes fooling the president, but did Logan knew about Cummings?

- and are we to assume that Logan actually killed Cummings and it was not a suicide?

this all Logan/Cummings mess doesnt stir well...writers have a lot to explain next time....even for a show like 24, I'd say it still looks a little messed up.
Ahhh Debrs, Debra, how can you ever doubt the writers of 24? They leave no stone unturned and I know that all this will eventually come together. The writing on this show is simply fantastic.

Now as for Logan, how ironic that for almost two seasons we are shown a Logan who is basically an unstable man, unable to make decisions, and very wishy washy in almost everything he does. Basically he seemed like a real dumbass. And now we find out that this was all an act! Brilliantly written to make the viewer suspect everyone else, even the VP, but never even think of this guy.

I have to now believe that Logan was part of the plot to attack Air Force One last season, which left the then President incapcitated and enabled Logan to step up from VP to President!

It just gets better every week!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143500
04/08/06 11:37 AM
04/08/06 11:37 AM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
They leave no stone unturned

I dunno about that...still waiting to find out who the hell is "Max" - that guy from the 2nd season who was behind evrything, and also the one who sent Mandy to "shake hands" with Palmer at the end of season 2.

I think we might have seen/heard about him again since then...but he's still an 'unturned stone', is he not?

--as for Logan being part of the Air Force attack - I dont think so. Take a look at Logan's face when Keeler tells him on the phone to be ready to take over in case he wont make it.
This is a private call where no one sees Logan's face, and we see that hes genuinely shocked to hear the bad news from Keeler.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143501
04/08/06 11:59 AM
04/08/06 11:59 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] They leave no stone unturned

I dunno about that...still waiting to find out who the hell is "Max" - that guy from the 2nd season who was behind evrything, and also the one who sent Mandy to "shake hands" with Palmer at the end of season 2.

I think we might have seen/heard about him again since then...but he's still an 'unturned stone', is he not?

--as for Logan being part of the Air Force attack - I dont think so. Take a look at Logan's face when Keeler tells him on the phone to be ready to take over in case he wont make it.
This is a private call where no one sees Logan's face, and we see that hes genuinely shocked to hear the bad news from Keeler. [/b][/quote]You just may find out who Max is by the end of this season, or the middle of next season. Remember we saw Mandy early in season one, and then what, didn't see her, as you said, all the way until the very last episode of season 2. Then not again until they wrapped it up with her at the end of last season.

So when you really think about it, the writers don't leave any stones unturned--- although they may not turn them over until two or three seasons later!

I don't know about Logan. You make a very good point about it being a private call. Perhaps the look of shock on his face is really one of "I don't believe that I went through with this," or perhaps one of " Damn, I didn't think that it would go this far." But it wouldn't make sense if he were not somehow involved, somehow, last season with the terrorist plots.

Do you think that he may have legitimatley stepped into the Presidential position last season, because of what took place, and only now began to plot with the terrorists?
You could be correct, but for some reason I think it goes back farther than just this day. Remember, this is all taking place within 24 hours right now, so surely Logan had to start dealing with terrorists in the past.

We'll see.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143502
04/08/06 12:09 PM
04/08/06 12:09 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] They leave no stone unturned

[/b][/quote]We find out who Max is and what his involvement in season 2 was in "24: The Game", which was released for the PS2 a few months ago.

From Wikipedia

A wealthy, mysterious man who is believed to be behind the nuclear bomb that was detenated in Los Angeles during Day 2. Max is also a very large weapons dealer and smuggler with connections and clients in the Middle East. Himself, along with Alexander Trepkos, and Peter Kingsley were invloved in the conspiracy to fabricate evidence that made it look like three Middle Eastern countries' govenments were behind the bomb. Thus forcing the U.S. to retaliate against the countries which would result in Max gaining a very large enconomic advantage from the foreign oil in the three countries, and forcing his clients to purchase more of the weapons Max was dealing. When Jack Bauer and CTU discovered the evidence was sent up, they were able to contact the White House and stop the attack and invasion of the Middle East. When Max and Trepkos found out Kingsley had been killed and that the war was not going to occur, Max apparently ordered an assassination attempt on President David Palmer. Palmer did survive but the government never found out who really was behind the bomb and the assassination attempt. While Max is revealed to be the mastermind behind the day's threat, Trepkos neither appears nor is mentioned in the game.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143503
04/08/06 12:32 PM
04/08/06 12:32 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Here's a basic rundown of the plot for 24: The Game:

From faqs.ign.com

*********************SPOILER ALERT***********************

CTU gets a lead by a caller that does not give his identity. He says that there is a ricin bomb at the harbor, so CTU sends in a team of agents lead by CTU Agent Jack Bauer. Jack commands team b to cover another entrance, so no one can escape. Doing so, team b commander trips a laser, resulting in an alarm going off. While the ship is on high alert, Jack heads in with a bomb team. While protecting his colleagues, he finds the bomb and the team defuses it.

He contacts Tony and tells him about his discovery.

Meanwhile, CTU Washington Agent Chase Edmunds contacts CTU Analyst Chloe O'Brian. His phone call is being traced, so the terrorists try to contact a man named Peter Madsen in LA. Chase locks town the facility and kills all of the
terrorists.

Tony, Jack, and Michelle go on many pointless leads that sums up nothing. Then Kim Bauer enters CTU, anticipating her job as an analyst in CTU. When she enters, Peter Madsen and his squadron of terrorists invade CTU. Tony is away
following a lead, so Michelle escorts Kim to M8, a panic room. When they arrive, Kim goes in but Michelle is held captive. Tony tells Kim to lockdown CTU, while he and Jack plot a way into CTU undetected. She is caught after
locking down CTU and held captive.

Jack takes out Peter's chopper on the CTU rooftop, but Madsen escapes with Kim by vehicle. With him is Agent Edmunds, now in LA after a flight for Washington.

Jack later gets Kim back from Madsen's facility near a drainage ditch. When he is contacted by Tony, Jack learns of Madsen's next terrorist plot.

Jack is at a bomb site underground, where Madsen is plotting to start an earthquake by blowing up a bomb in an underground hotspot. Jack and a bomb expert fail to defuse it, resulting in an earthquake. He must now return to CTU
under orders by Division chief Ryan Chappele. But on the way he gets a phone call from Kate Warner.

Kate is trapped in a subway station. Madsen soon kidnaps her to lure Jack to him. Jack follows him and chases him in a car throughout a devastated LA, from the earthquake. Madsen soon escapes in a chopper.

Tony gets a lead from the California governor James Radford's assistant. When he gets to the meeting place, he is ambushed by a chopper. Radford's assistant is brutally killed. She tells him to check the governor's safe.

Tony finds the safe and Radford at the State house. Radford is assassinated by Mandy, the assassin that attempted to kill Palmer in Season 2. He finds evidence that proves the Governor guilty of terrorism.

Jack and Chase team up at a military base and take back a stolen document. They learn that they kidnapped Kate to blackmail Bob Warner to allow them to ship out nuclear contraband without trouble from port authority. Jack and Chase take down Madsen and foil the terrorist plot.

Tony heads to the docks by chopper to tell Jack of Kate's location. They head to a in the ocean. After Chase takes out terrorists so Jack can enter the area, Jack finds Kate held hostage by a terrorist. Jack gets shot in the stomach, but kills the terrorists. Kate and Jack leave the yacht, with Tony and Chase in the chopper. It's now sunrise.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143504
09/13/06 11:48 AM
09/13/06 11:48 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
24: Prepare to meet Jack Bauer's Dad

From tv.ign.com

Quote:
September 12, 2006 - Though the premiere is still months away in January, filming is well underway on 24's sixth season, and cast announcements continue to be made.

Two new big ones were revealed this week, when it was announced that James Cromwell (LA Confidential / Star Trek: First Contact) and Eddie Izzard (Shadow of the Vampire) would be joining the cast. Cromwell, an Oscar nominee for his performance as Farmer Hoggett in Babe, will play a very notable role; Philip Bauer, the father of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer.

Acclaimed British comedian Izzard meanwhile will play a "villainous accomplice" named Darren McCarthy.

Other recently announced cast additions include Peter MacNicol (Numb3rs), Regina King (Jerry Maguire), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Marisol Nichols (In Justice), Alexander Siddig (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Harry Lennix (Commander in Chief).

It is also known that Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) will return in his season one role of Milo Pressman, while Carlo Rota (introduced at the end of season five) will have an expanded role as Chloe's ex-husband Morris.

The press release announcing Cromwell and Izzard's addition to the cast also provides the biggest description yet of what returning characters will be involved this season, and where they are when we catch up with them, while still remaining vague enough to account for many 24 surprises to come.

From the press release:

"Season five concluded with a battered and bloodied Bauer captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season six picks up 20 months later. Wayne Palmer (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, Sandra Palmer (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, Karen Hayes (Jayne Atkinson) and Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol) - as well as CTU colleagues Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) - begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day."
James Cromwell as Jack's dad doesn't sound too bad...but it would have been cool to see Donald Sutherland land the role. I dug Cromwell's performances in Babe and The Green Mile.

Last season was great...but I have a feeling Season 6 is gonna suffer with the absense of its key characters from seasons past (Michelle and Tony especially...not to mention President David Palmer.)

Who knows, though? They always seem to pull out all the stops. And HEY! Milo is returning. He was one of my favorite characters from season 1...and I felt he should have returned in season 2. Although if that had happened...he'd probably be dead now.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #336357
10/25/06 11:10 AM
10/25/06 11:10 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Season 6 Trailer of 24!

Jack Bauer must die?!

I know Kiefer has signed on for 2 or 3 more seasons...but he has stated in interviews that it doesn't necessarily mean he will appear in the next 2 or 3 seasons...just that they can use him if they so choose.

And Wayne Palmer is the new President of the United States. Its been rumored that he may end up as RFK to David Palmer's JFK (if that makes any sense.)

Two more months!

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #355842
01/10/07 03:31 AM
01/10/07 03:31 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Just a reminder (yea...like the fans need to be reminded ), the 4-hour season premier of 24 begins this Sunday, with 2 hours on Sunday starting at 8 pm/7c, and another 2 hours on Monday at 8 pm/7c.

After last year's blockbuster season, what do Jack Bauer and the rest of the Counter Terrorist Unit have in store for us this season? Here's a re-cap of what went down last season:

From Wikipedia

SPOILER ALERT

Quote:
Major Plots

Much like previous seasons, the season can be divided into several acts:

• Episodes 1-2: Jack Bauer is framed for the murders of former US President David Palmer and ex-CTU agent Michelle Dessler, along with the attempted murder of her husband and fellow ex-CTU agent Tony Almeida.
  • Episodes 3-4: Terrorists, led by James Nathanson, use the above plot as a diversion to take 40 people hostage inside Ontario International Airport in California.
  • Episodes 5-15: Terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, use the above plot as a diversion to steal 20 canisters of Sentox VX1 nerve gas. The gas is deployed at the following locations:
    * Sunrise Hills Shopping Mall (partially successful - leading to 11 deaths)
    * Tyler Memorial Hospital (failed largely because of Curtis Manning)
    * CTU (mostly successful - leading to 56 deaths, including Edgar Stiles)
    * Wilshire Gas Co. (failed - 16 of the remaining 17 canisters were used here, Bierko captured)

• Episodes 16-21: Believing that all the nerve gas was incinerated at the gas company, Jack moves to bring the guilty parties to justice. Through the assistance of Wayne Palmer (David Palmer's brother) and Evelyn Martin (Special Assistant to the First Lady), Jack discovers that President Charles Logan is responsible for the attacks. Unbeknownst to everyone else, there is a secret group of men who monitor and influence the actions of Logan, led by a man known only as Graham. Jack finally obtains a recording that implicates Logan, however it is later corrupted by Miles Papazian at CTU, rendering it useless.
  • Episodes 22-23: Bierko escapes CTU custody, and uses his last nerve gas container to take over a Russian submarine and gain control of twelve multiple-warhead non-nuclear missiles, each one capable of wiping out approximately seven city blocks. After cutting a deal with Christopher Henderson, Jack and Henderson together stop the attack from the submarine, and kill Bierko and his men. During a final standoff, Jack kills Henderson as well.
  • Episodes 23-24: Jack devises a plan with Chloe to implicate President Logan. Jack kidnaps President Logan, and appears to use this as the way to get a confession. Jack fails, but unbeknownst to everyone besides the First Lady, Mike Novick, Jack, and Chloe, this is all a diversion to place a microphone on the President. The First Lady gets Logan to confess to her everything that has happened as Chloe records it. After playing the confession for the Attorney General, the Secret Service and Federal Marshals take Logan into custody.
  • Final Twist: Jack gets captured by the Chinese who have learned he is still alive. They still want him for the death of the Chinese Consul who was killed in Season 4, and presumably, to extract U.S. government and military secrets for the Chinese government. The season ends with Jack being taken away on a Chinese cargo ship, seemingly destined for Shanghai, moving slowly out into the realms of the Pacific Ocean. This is a reference to the end of Season 4, where the Chinese embassy threatens the CTU agent with transport in a Chinese cargo ship and spending the rest of his life in a slave labor camp.

Subplots

• The four people who know Jack faked his death are all assassination targets. David Palmer and Michelle Dessler are killed. Tony Almeida was killed later in the day. Chloe was attacked, but saved by Jack.
  • Jack comes into contact with people who thought he was dead, including his daughter Kim Bauer and former girlfriend Audrey Raines.
  • Jack is twice falsely accused of the murder of David Palmer.
  • Terrorists take hostages at Ontario Airport as a diversion to acquire nerve gas.
  • The terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, try to kill the Russian President and his wife.
  • CTU tries to stop Bierko from releasing the nerve gas canisters.
  • Logan's Chief of Staff, Walt Cummings, is revealed to be involved in the conspiracy to kill Palmer and provide the terrorists with nerve gas. He is found dead shortly after of an apparent suicide. Later on in the season, Christopher Henderson admits that he suggested Cummings should be killed and made to look like he committed suicide, under orders from Graham's cabal.
  • A power conflict develops between new CTU director Lynn McGill and Bill Buchanan.
  • McGill's arrogance is his undoing. It results in both the loss of his job and eventually his death.
  • Chloe has to cope with the death of Edgar Stiles. In addition, the man she earlier slept with turns out to be a mole.
  • Jack's attempt to reconnect with Kim is unsuccessful; she wants time before he is in her life again.
  • Tony Almeida is murdered by the man responsible for his wife's death, Christopher Henderson.
  • President Logan signs a treaty of alliance with Russia, which is thought to be the motive behind the day's events.
  • The First Lady attempts to correct the President's perceived mistakes.
  • The seemingly ineffective President Logan is revealed as an orchestrator in the day's events.
  • Chloe, and later Audrey go against their superiors to help Jack, leading to officials from the Department of Homeland Security attempting to use Audrey to their advantage.
  • Homeland Security divides internally when Karen Hayes begins working against her assistant Miles Papazian in order to aid Jack.
  • The Vice President convinces the president to impose martial law on the city of Los Angeles without approval from Congress.
  • Aaron Pierce mysteriously disappears shortly before he was to reveal Logan's involvement to Martha.
  • An unknown group, led by a man named Graham, are revealed to be controlling Logan's actions.
  • The First Lady eventually discovers Logan is responsible for Palmer's death and falls into despair.
  • Audrey copes with the apparent death of her father, Secretary of Defense James Heller, who was later found alive and hospitalized.
  • Logan attempts to use all of his power to prevent Jack from releasing evidence.
  • Logan prepares to commit suicide but gets a reprieve from an unexpected source, Miles Papazian.
  • Vladimir Bierko escapes while being transported from CTU to a regional holding facility.
  • CTU enlists the assistance of Christopher Henderson in order to discover Bierko's next plan.
  • Bierko attempts to unleash an even deadlier weapon, in the form of a Russian submarine armed with warheads.
  • The Chinese, remembering the invasion of their consulate and accidental killing of the Chinese Consul, kidnap and torture Jack Bauer at the end of the season, leaving a cliffhanger for next season.

The big theme they're pushing for season 6 is "Jack Bauer Must Die."

Where will they go with this? It's 24 we're talking about, so God only knows.

One question I've been asking myself for the past few years is "When the hell is Jack gonna say 'enough is enough. I'm done putting my ass on the line. I've lost my wife, my daughter, my best friends. The hell with this!'"

Don Cardi, I know you're looking forward to Sunday just as much as I am. Any thoughts?

Any other 24 fans out there? Please, post your thoughts!

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #355864
01/10/07 10:58 AM
01/10/07 10:58 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I did not read the spoilers that you posted ( thanks for positng spoiler alert btw) but I cannot wait for the season to begin. I don't know if you included this in your spoilers, but from what I've seen on the commercials for this upcoming season, it looks to me as though David Palmer's brother is the new President Of The United States and that the terrorist attacks are not in Los Angeles as they've been since the show's inception.

Can't wait till sunday.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #355976
01/10/07 04:01 PM
01/10/07 04:01 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
No need to worry about those spoilers, Don Cardi. They were a recap of season 5. I put the spoiler warning for those who hadn't yet watched the 5th season.

And yes, DC...it's pretty much been confirmed that Wayne Palmer is the new President of the United States. D.B Woodside has been excellent in the role of President David Palmer's brother, and I think it'll be interesting to see how his role as President will play out. He was just the kind of Chief of Staff David Palmer needed in season 3. He's a wartime politician, able to deal with terror threats just like his brother.

I've also read that a character from the first season will be making a return. Milo Pressman (whom was the independent technological contractor CTU called in to help during Day 1) will be returning, as the replacement of Edgar Stiles. Also, Morris O'Brien (Chloe's ex-husband, introduced late last season) will now be working at CTU.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #356855
01/14/07 11:14 PM
01/14/07 11:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
XDCX -

It's back alright! What a 2 hour opening, huh? I can't wait for tomorrow night's episode. How is it that a show can just get better and better every season? This one looks to be full of many different plots, sub plots, twists and turns.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #356868
01/15/07 01:24 AM
01/15/07 01:24 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Indeed, it was a great 2 hour season finale! The image of Jack stepping off that plane...beaten, weathered, worn...it was a very powerful moment.

MINOR SPOILERS

One VERY interesting new facet this season is seeing the more "human" side of Jack Bauer. After being detained in a Chinese prison for almost two years, where he underwent intense interrogations (read: torture), there's a moment where Jack questions whether or not he's cut out for this anymore. Jack's always been this unstoppable force...willing to go so far as commit treason and go against Presidential orders to get the job done. But you gotta assume after being on the receiving end of the interrogations for the better part of two years...it's gotta be tough to be the one inflicting the punishment.

Tomorrow's 2-hour conclusion to the finale looks to be another rocket-buster. The wait for the season premier has been WELL worth it. I can't wait!

Last edited by XDCX; 01/15/07 01:36 AM.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull