GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141621
12/29/05 11:38 AM
12/29/05 11:38 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'm not doing this to sound controversial but when you leadership is ever brought up Hitler must be considered as one, if not, the greatest modern leaders of the world. Look at theorists and theories of leaders and leadership (of which I've seen plenty). They all go along the same lines as saying leadership is about influencing others to achieve goals. What Hitler did, to get the millions and millions of people behind him and to ACTUALLY believe in his cause, is something rare.

True leadership is also based on power and not authority. Don't confuse the two. Your boss tells you to do something you do it. That's authority, that's the chain of command. Don't get me wrong, Hitler used that as well but it was his true power over people and using something other than authority. It's the intigibles.
When you talk about how Hitler turned Germany around from a dump after WWI, to a super power, he set out and influenced others, he very much should be considered as one. I agree with you.

Though I hope that mother fucker burns in hell and has pineapples shoved up his ass hourly.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141622
12/29/05 01:24 PM
12/29/05 01:24 PM
Cuneo Offline
Button
Cuneo  Offline
Button
Many blame FDR for getting us into the war, rightfully so, but as a country, we needed it. He basically saved our asses.

"Finance is a gamble, Politics is just knowing when to pull the trigger."
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141623
12/29/05 09:44 PM
12/29/05 09:44 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I also agree with Turi, and his post brings to mind a quote from my favourite novel, John Fowles' The Magus, in which one character notes of Hitler, "the tragedy wasn't that one man had the courage to do evil, it was that millions hadn't the courage to do good."

To mark a great leader by balls, one would certainly put Hitler near the top of their list.

My list is absent of anybody, for I haven't studied history enough to judge, and nobody in my lifetime deserves a place.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141624
12/30/05 02:12 AM
12/30/05 02:12 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
I'm not doing this to sound controversial but when leadership is ever brought up Hitler must be considered as one, if not, the greatest modern leaders of the world. Look at theorists and theories of leaders and leadership (of which I've seen plenty). They all go along the same lines as saying leadership is about influencing others to achieve goals. What Hitler did, to get the millions and millions of people behind him and to ACTUALLY believe in his cause, is something rare.

True leadership is also based on power and not authority. Don't confuse the two. Your boss tells you to do something you do it. That's authority, that's the chain of command. Don't get me wrong, Hitler used that as well but it was his true power over people and using something other than authority. It's the intigibles.
You raise a very good point here Turi.

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141625
12/30/05 06:55 AM
12/30/05 06:55 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
my favourite novel, John Fowles' The Magus,
You know, Mick, for some reason I thought, reading your writings, that you must be influenced by Fowles. Magus especially.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141626
12/30/05 08:38 AM
12/30/05 08:38 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I'm not doing this to sound controversial but when leadership is ever brought up Hitler must be considered as one, if not, the greatest modern leaders of the world. Look at theorists and theories of leaders and leadership (of which I've seen plenty). They all go along the same lines as saying leadership is about influencing others to achieve goals. What Hitler did, to get the millions and millions of people behind him and to ACTUALLY believe in his cause, is something rare.

I define the word 'leader' in "world leader" as a person who leads his nation/tribe/people to somewhere, to a good goal. Did Hitler lead his people to a good goal? Think not. He got half of his nation to believe strongly in him, he had the capabilities to lead them, and militarily, he was an absolute genius.
But really a leader? Put him in the category of Evil World Leaders.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141627
12/30/05 09:11 AM
12/30/05 09:11 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

In Hitler's eyes he was achieving a good goal. But that's a moot point. I've already justified the basics of what a leader is. Good or bad it doesn't matter. He was a leader and probably the best in the modern world. The fact that he got millions of people to do dispicable acts and really believe what they are doing is right is incredible.

Tell me what Führer translates to and who it's more commonly associated with in history.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141628
12/30/05 09:27 AM
12/30/05 09:27 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
But did he in general did anything that helped the world forward? Nope.

Sure, he did something for the economy, he even diminshed unemployment from 25% to 1%. But how? He put them all in the weaponindustry, a situation that would have lead to an economic timebomb (just look at the Sovjet-Union).

You also seem to forget that it wasn't the whole nation that stood behind him. In the 1933 elections, 42% voted for him. Needless to say many were forced to by the SS.

And after that, even during the war, far from all Germans supported him. Hitler didn't liked that, so the Gestapo searched all political opponents, and he put them in Auschwitz, .... Easy trick, if you ask me.

Plus, during the war, many people began to support him, because they were in war. They tought that they couldn't demand a pull-out for the troups, and that they couldn't stop supporting the Pres... I mean führer now the nation was in war.
Yep, extremely supportig somewhere can lead to dirty things, innit?

Edit: I just tought of another thing. Germany was very much punished after WWI, and the economy was dead. All Germans were very pissed, and frustrated. Any idiot could've stepped forward, and say "I'll fix all problems, just support me".
Then throw some extreme POV at the people, and because there were rough times, they accepted them without much thinking. Like "all Ara... I mean Jews are what's wrong in this world" and because they people were blind of anger, they accepted it.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141629
12/30/05 10:23 AM
12/30/05 10:23 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Any idiot could've stepped forward, and say "I'll fix all problems, just support me".
But no idiot did. People can spot bullshit.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree but I encourage you to read up on Leaders and Leadership. You'll find Hitler cited as having all the characteristics and traits as a true leader. Interviews with people who have met him all say the same things. That he was charismatic, charming, self confident, able to hold an audience, able to influence others, in fact even change a room just by walking into it. This is before he was even elected.

Just look up Great Man Theory if you want to keep it simple. You'll find his name alongside Churchill, Ghandi et al.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141630
12/30/05 10:32 AM
12/30/05 10:32 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I know he was a great leader, I don't deny that. I just think he was overrated. Other leaders had the same charisma, plus intellectual content. And Hitler bought a great deal of his 'support' with brutal military force.

Militarily see, he was of course unpassed, with the exception of perhaps Rommel and Eisenhower.

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141631
12/30/05 11:47 AM
12/30/05 11:47 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
and militarily, he was an absolute genius.
The outcome of WWII proved that he was not. Zhukov kicked his ass in so many battles that I would rather call him unpassed military genius.

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141632
12/30/05 12:06 PM
12/30/05 12:06 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Zjoekov, how could I forgot him.

But Hitler was a military genius, until 1942. Then he should have stopped, invading Russia was his bridge too far. Another thing he did wrong was fighting everyone at the same time.

The Blitzkrieg on the other hand, was pure genius, and extremely innovative in it's time.

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141633
12/30/05 12:40 PM
12/30/05 12:40 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

The Blitzkrieg on the other hand, was pure genius, and extremely innovative in it's time.
It never worked though. Can we call pure genius something that never worked despite all its innovation? Or you find beautiful the very scheme and how it was applied in right time to impress masses that would follow him?

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141634
12/30/05 01:30 PM
12/30/05 01:30 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b]
It never worked though. [/b][/quote]Yes it did. He used it to invade Belgium, The Netherlands, Scandinavia, and France in just some months.

I mean, France in 6 weeks, Belgium in 6 days! In WWI, the Germans tried for 4 years with no result, as we all know.

Re: Top 10 20th/21st Century World Leaders #141635
12/31/05 05:31 AM
12/31/05 05:31 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I totally agree with you Turi, Hitler is the definition of a successful leader. However, I don't think what he did was so extraordinary. Call out for a patriotic movement any anywhere and see how many would gather around you, no matter if your cause is justified or even has any basis. He used the ignorance and patriotism of ordinary citizens.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull