GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 273 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,594
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1514
09/25/02 05:26 PM
09/25/02 05:26 PM
Ireland
goddaughter Offline
Capo
goddaughter  Offline
Capo
Ireland
Hey Anthony...we have the same signature quote...i love that quote!!!!!
Im so happy today because I just decided to go to germany next year and Im also going on a trip to italy which will include rome and sicily....wuhoo!!!!!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

"We're all gonna be three little Fonzies - and what was Fonzie?!", "Cool?", "Correct-a-mundo!"

- Jules and Yolanda, Pulp Fiction
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1515
09/25/02 07:01 PM
09/25/02 07:01 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Awesome, Goddaughter! smile

Yeah, that quote is kick-ass... 'Specially 'cause Clemenza says it! wink

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1516
10/08/02 12:41 PM
10/08/02 12:41 PM
Scotland
A
Aberdeen Fascisti Offline
Button
Aberdeen Fascisti  Offline
A
Button
Scotland
"I love you, I wanna be with you" - To my Mother. smile smile

I Don't Feel I have To Wipe Everyone Out. Just My Enemies.
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1517
10/08/02 09:47 PM
10/08/02 09:47 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
Whenever one of my friends does something that pisses me off I'll say to any friend who's seen GF: I don't wanna see that bastard around here again, make that first thing on your list.

Also, if anyone asks me a stupid question I'll go into Hymon Roth's "This is the business we've chosen." speech.

I
I
I
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ /
\/

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1518
10/08/02 09:48 PM
10/08/02 09:48 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
Ahhhhhhh!!! my arrow didn't work!!!

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1519
10/09/02 12:07 AM
10/09/02 12:07 AM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
Hi Everybody! I new here...

I'm in college and I'm a history major. When I went for advising the other day my advisor asked me why I wanted to be a history major, what influenced my choice. I said that I would have to say that the main reason I decided to become a history major was best summed up in the following quote:

"If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."

My advisor seems to be very afraid of me now... grin

"Be discreet in all things, and so render it unnecessary to be mysterious about any." - Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1520
10/09/02 01:04 AM
10/09/02 01:04 AM
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
don papa Offline
Made Member
don papa  Offline
Made Member
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
Originally posted by Don Mikey:

I'm in college and I'm a history major. When I went for advising the other day my advisor asked me why I wanted to be a history major, what influenced my choice. I said that I would have to say that the main reason I decided to become a history major was best summed up in the following quote:

lol welcome, Don Mikey! and i love your post!

good luck with college, and keep on posting here.

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1521
10/09/02 09:08 AM
10/09/02 09:08 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Welcome Don Mikey,

Glad to have you with us.
smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1522
10/09/02 08:04 PM
10/09/02 08:04 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally posted by Don Mikey:

good one Don Mikey! i would think History professors would know some about GF.

i almost majored in History in undergraduate school. but i realized there was no future in it! lol lol

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1523
10/22/02 03:11 PM
10/22/02 03:11 PM
London
filmbuff Offline
Made Member
filmbuff  Offline
Made Member
London
In my drama class at school, I often find myself playing gangsters(as everybody knows that I belive The Godfather to be the greatest achivement of mankind). This one time, I began to recite the opening scene of Part I. I then started talking entirely in GF quotes. When I got to "You spend time with your family?", one girl said "hey..you got that from a film didn't you". Where did she think I got everything els from? Did she seriously think that "If anything in this life is certain....." came of the top of my head?

I often quote from The Godfather aimlessly when I'm not doing anything.

Around others I often say "You talkin to me?" That quote suits just about any situation, and is great for when you can't think of anything els to say.

"Tom, you know you surprise me. If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1524
10/22/02 04:15 PM
10/22/02 04:15 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
sonnysgirl Offline
Button
sonnysgirl  Offline
Button
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
some of these posts are so funny!!!

I use the lines so much as well, but for me, the funniest time would have been when a whole bunch of my friends were at a birthday party and drinking, some real drunk jerk started to bad mouth Hispanics and directing it towards me (I'm Ecuadorian-American)..instead of making a big deal about it and bringing down everyone's mood..after this guy was done bad mouthing me..I looked at him and said "I'm German-Irish"..for those who got it..we could not stop laughing!!

-Andrea

"...a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man." - Don Vito Corleone

CONNIE
Well Papa never talked business at the table, and in front of the kids.
CARLO
Hey shut up, Connie, when Sonny's talking...
SONNY
Hey, don't you ever tell her to shut up -- you got that?
CONNIE
okay...
MAMA (to Sonny)
Santino ... don't interfere.
CARLO
Hey look, Sonny, Tom -- I'd like to talk to you maybe after dinner. I could be doing a lot
more for the Family
SONNY
We don't discuss business at the table
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1525
10/23/02 07:41 PM
10/23/02 07:41 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
Originally posted by filmbuff:

I do the same thing all the time

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1526
10/24/02 09:00 AM
10/24/02 09:00 AM
Saddle Brook, NJ
Justin Offline
Made Member
Justin  Offline
Made Member
Saddle Brook, NJ
When my daughters try to trick my wife or I, I have been known to say: Do you think that little farce you pulled with my sister would fool a Corleone!

Justin
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1527
02/08/04 10:54 PM
02/08/04 10:54 PM
not hiding out in the bronx
C
Capo Status Offline
Wiseguy
Capo Status  Offline
C
Wiseguy
not hiding out in the bronx
all i ever do is quote this movie

when leaving a message on someones machine i always say "michael Corleone Says hello" then they know its me.

i use the banana daquri one alot , just to do it.

when i see someone i know in public, i scream their name like Pantangeli did to fredo and follow it up with "you son of a bitch"

when some one asks me if someone would like something i say back to them just like tom "...they just might..."

...in my HOME!
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1528
02/08/04 11:36 PM
02/08/04 11:36 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by filmbuff:
In my drama class at school, I often find myself playing gangsters(as everybody knows that I belive The Godfather to be the greatest achivement of mankind). This one time, I began to recite the opening scene of Part I. I then started talking entirely in GF quotes. When I got to "You spend time with your family?", one girl said "hey..you got that from a film didn't you". Where did she think I got everything els from? Did she seriously think that "If anything in this life is certain....." came of the top of my head?

Around others I often say "You talkin to me?" That quote suits just about any situation, and is great for when you can't think of anything els to say.
The same thing hyappened to me my senior year in drama. We were playing diffrent movie characters almost in a charades thing and I said-If anything in life is certain, if history hasd taught us anything, its that you can kill anyone.The teacher says- a really scary guy>? No. I reached down and grabbed someone's face- I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart, you broke my heart. Nothing. Your nothing to me now, you're not a brother, youre not a friend...-somebody says the godfather?(these are people who know my obcession) who? the godfather...the father...Marlon Brando? No. Al Pacino? I had to give it to them then. We did round 2 and I ran my signature by them. One guy says-Is that from the Godfather? After that the teacher wouldnt let me use any GF lines.No one, not even the teacher got it, and he had just done the "You talkin to me?" line from Taxi Driver.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1529
02/09/04 03:51 AM
02/09/04 03:51 AM
Bella_Dana Offline
Made Member
Bella_Dana  Offline
Made Member
Is this, Is this necessary?

thats what i use a lot.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1530
02/09/04 07:27 PM
02/09/04 07:27 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline
Capo
Southeast USA
I've reminded my kids, individually -

Tuo padre ti vuole ben assai, ben assai! orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1531
02/09/04 09:59 PM
02/09/04 09:59 PM
Firenze, I'Italia
Rosetta Offline
Wiseguy
Rosetta  Offline
Wiseguy
Firenze, I'Italia
Most referenced terms I use:
#1....Thank you for the dinner and a very pleasant evening.
#2...Think about it while you're driving, I wanna hit New York sometime this month.

If you haven't cried, your eyes can't be beautiful.
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1532
02/10/04 08:52 AM
02/10/04 08:52 AM
Ireland
Accardo Offline
Button
Accardo  Offline
Button
Ireland
If I'm doing a lot of things at once I often say "today I settle all family business"!!!

"Can't you give me a straight answer anymore?"
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1533
02/10/04 12:44 PM
02/10/04 12:44 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I tell my husband all the time
I buy you out you don't buy me out

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1534
02/10/04 01:56 PM
02/10/04 01:56 PM
Bronx, NY
B
Buttapcanrican Offline
Capo
Buttapcanrican  Offline
B
Capo
Bronx, NY
I use..."Are you sure about that..Mo loves the business...

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1535
02/10/04 05:35 PM
02/10/04 05:35 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I dunno about Godfather quotes right now, but I've been using some Donnie Brasco quotes lately, especially:

"Fugghedaboudit" is like if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welsh is one great piece of ass, fugghedaboudit." But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Fugghedaboudit!" you know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like mingia, those peppers, "fugghedaboudit." But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" and Paulie says "fugghedaboudit!" Sometimes it just means forget about it.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1536
02/10/04 05:56 PM
02/10/04 05:56 PM
uk
dapperdon Offline
Button
dapperdon  Offline
Button
uk
my most used line must be;
thats a true story kay, thats my family not me!

'You gotta think like a Sicilian'
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1537
02/11/04 07:51 AM
02/11/04 07:51 AM
England
The Puppet Mistress Offline
Made Member
The Puppet Mistress  Offline
Made Member
England
If I'm talking about something I want to do in the future I usually start by sayin
'Some day, and that day may never come...'.

Or 'Leave the gun, take the canollis' often gets substituted with whatever two words are appropriate at that moment.

I have a wedding to go to soon and might congratulate the bride and groom with a wish that 'their first child will be a masculine child' I don't think they'll realise what it means though!

"My wife was weeping before she fell asleep, outside my window I saw my Caporegimes coming to the house and it is midnight. So, Consigliori of mine, I think you should tell your Don what everyone knows."
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1538
02/11/04 10:46 AM
02/11/04 10:46 AM
London
boneear Offline
Made Member
boneear  Offline
Made Member
London
Always shouting that italian phrase which Carlo and Connie shout at each other and always calling my friends that are girls "Ginnuea brats" and another of my faves is "and thats my trick" and "my kraut -mick friend".
Sometimes when me and my friends are drunk we have little GF quoteathons, usually in clubs, people will sometimes turn round and join in with hand gestures etc. much fun.

"And a little bit o' wine. An' a little bit o' sugar, and that's my trick."
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1539
02/11/04 12:03 PM
02/11/04 12:03 PM
Bronx, NY
B
Buttapcanrican Offline
Capo
Buttapcanrican  Offline
B
Capo
Bronx, NY
I always call my boyfriend My Kraut Mick friend wink

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1540
02/20/04 01:29 PM
02/20/04 01:29 PM
New York
Stylistic Offline
Button
Stylistic  Offline
Button
New York
Whenever its time to go out to eat lunch with my co-workers, I tap my boy on the arm and say "Lets get sumthing to eat huh...."

"...and then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice, and guinea charm..."
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1541
02/22/04 11:10 AM
02/22/04 11:10 AM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
only some days aGo i talked to a friend on the phone who´s in Sicily riGht know (in Catania). of course i´m jealous as hell. when there was a little moment of silence, i asked him sourly:
"...What? Dropped your orange and fell on the floor?"
He´s a Godfather buff too, he liked it. I must admit that most of the quotes don´t rock quite so hard in German as the do in the oriGinal, hence less quotinG. But as many others i fiGured out that "Fredo!Fredo!" somehow suits any occasion grin .
Oh, and for some reason i happen to like "This is my brother Mike..." a lot. AlthouGh i donßt hav any brother. It´s "Das ist mein Bruder Mike" in German for those who´re interested.

Meow, consiG.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1542
02/25/04 08:35 PM
02/25/04 08:35 PM
B
Brookfalls Offline
Wiseguy
Brookfalls  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Whenever I see my one of my daughters reading People magazine I say, "Save it for the library."

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... #1543
02/26/04 07:07 PM
02/26/04 07:07 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I end almost every essay/paper I've ever written with:

" (topic) are the salt of the Earth and are one of the backbones of this country"

I just sub in whatever the topic. My most recent example was "Herman Melville's writings are..."

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull