GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 57 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: War on Terror #138587
12/09/05 01:39 PM
12/09/05 01:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Hmm DC you've quoted quite selectively from that post, have you ever considered being a lawyer?
Now why would I want to take a step backwards in my life? :p

Here's the link for anyone that wants to read exactly what I said about Cindy Sheehan, I have nothing to hide :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=008754#000000

Now Dr., You'll have to excuse me -- I'm tired, and I'm a little drunk! And I want everyone here to know -- there's not gonna be no trouble from me! DMC', a porta!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: War on Terror #138588
12/09/05 02:17 PM
12/09/05 02:17 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
you can't accuse someone of prejudice against an entire nation when I started the Americans [b]Good and Bad thread, and as other posters added the good and bad from other countries. [/b]
What about your trigger happy gi joe comments and you americans kill civilians comments? You say those things and then you jump all over Cardi because he posted the names of those who were killed on 9/11 in america. You sound anti-american to me.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: War on Terror #138589
12/09/05 02:29 PM
12/09/05 02:29 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
sometimes I wonder...
is it War on Terror...
or War on Islam...

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: War on Terror #138590
12/09/05 02:40 PM
12/09/05 02:40 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
sometimes I wonder...
is it War on Terror...
or War on Islam...
What are you kidding me? :rolleyes: If it was a war on Isalam america wouldn't have lost 2000 soldiers because we would have just wiped out that region of the world. What a foolish thing to say.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: War on Terror #138591
12/09/05 03:25 PM
12/09/05 03:25 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Don Smitty
What about your trigger happy gi joe comments and you americans kill civilians comments?
Have you watched F9/11? Or read any news reports of killings in Iraq? These are facts, not my "anti-American" opinion.

Quote:
Don Cardi
Now why would I want to take a step backwards in my life?
Now that's one thing you've said I agree with!

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: War on Terror #138592
12/09/05 05:26 PM
12/09/05 05:26 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
My list of civilians in reply to a post addressing civilians being killed in the war on terror is in your opinion, irrelevant.

But your list of people starving over in another nation, having absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror, IS relevant?

If that really makes sense to you, then I see absolutely no reason for us to continue this discussion.
My Africa statement is totally relevant: The most powerful men in the world (Bush, all the EU-leaders) don't seem to realize that Africa is problem number 1, not Iraq. So that is relevant.
Your list is totally irrelevant, since we already know 2987 people died on 9/11. We have honored them, there were memorials, the world was mourning. In Africa, they are still dying, and except for Bono and me , is there anybody mentioning them?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: War on Terror #138593
12/09/05 05:29 PM
12/09/05 05:29 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] Well, they did die on the same day in the same accident.
Accident? Enzo, you're batting .1000 today.
Accident. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Incident, accident...I didn't mean to imply that it happened by accident, I'm not that stupid.This is a language mistake of mine, sorry.

By the way, what is 'batting .1000'?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: War on Terror #138594
12/09/05 06:14 PM
12/09/05 06:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
First off, it's not a 'War' on terror. A war can be won. We cannot put every terrorist in jail or kill them all. It's just the conservative media brainwashing us.

DC - Hey, in like 60 years, all those people you listed, no one is going to care. I'm thrilled you posted that. Does anyone remember what was 2 days ago? Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell? It wasn't mentioned on the nightly news I watched at all. There was no thread made. It is all but forgotten, just like 9/11 will be.

Oh, and to the people who were actually in NY on 9/11, you don't have some kind've priviledge to now curse at me or throw insults just because you were there that day, so please refrain from doing so.

Quote:
See Enzo I take no offense to mentioning Italian deaths (okay German and Japenese too lol just kidding) because they are soldiers who died fighting for their country. Their job was to defend their country against our SOLDIERS, it was a WAR. These hijackers knowingly attacked civilians, that is why they shouldn't be listed.
DMC - First, why shouldn't the hijackers be part of the people deceased? A life is a life.

Second, you're saying that the enemies in World War II should be mentioned in the number of casualties because they were part of a war. If you insist on stating that the hijackers shouldn't be on that list, does that mean that you agree with me and say that there is no 'war' on terror? You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[b] sometimes I wonder...
is it War on Terror...
or War on Islam...
What are you kidding me? :rolleyes: If it was a war on Isalam america wouldn't have lost 2000 soldiers because we would have just wiped out that region of the world. What a foolish thing to say.

DS [/b][/quote]Wasn't it you who suggested we drop a nuke when we pull out of Iraq?

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: War on Terror #138595
12/09/05 06:21 PM
12/09/05 06:21 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
If it was a war on Isalam america wouldn't have lost 2000 soldiers because we would have just wiped out that region of the world. What a foolish thing to say.
This is a serious question: do you mean this or is it a joke?

Re: War on Terror #138596
12/09/05 06:28 PM
12/09/05 06:28 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]My list of civilians in reply to a post addressing civilians being killed in the war on terror is in your opinion, irrelevant.

But your list of people starving over in another nation, having absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror, IS relevant?

If that really makes sense to you, then I see absolutely no reason for us to continue this discussion.
My Africa statement is totally relevant: The most powerful men in the world (Bush, all the EU-leaders) don't seem to realize that Africa is problem number 1, not Iraq. So that is relevant.
Your list is totally irrelevant, since we already know 2987 people died on 9/11. We have honored them, there were memorials, the world was mourning. In Africa, they are still dying, and except for Bono and me , is there anybody mentioning them? [/b][/quote]See? We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Everybody expects us to police the friggin' world. When we do, we're ostracized on account of it, or else we get a zillion Monday Morning quarterbacks who sit back and say, "Hey, you shoulda' done it this way, yada-yada-yada." When we DON'T do anything, we're crticized.

I say close up the borders now, ship the illegals home, don't let anyone in, and screw everybody else. I, for one, am tired of us being called to help someone out, getting slammed for doing so, and then getting called to help someone out again. And over and over and over it plays. I think we've done plenty. Let's take care of our own. Let someone come to OUR aid for once. Then we can sit back and criticize how they do it, or don't do it, or whatever the %#@$^!!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: War on Terror #138597
12/09/05 07:59 PM
12/09/05 07:59 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Snake
I say close up the borders now, ship the illegals home, don't let anyone in, and screw everybody else.
Lovely rational contribution there.

Shut the borders!

Lock down the hatches!

As if America were some airtight container with infalliable borders... it isn't BTW

Seen that ep of the Simpsons where they export the illegal immigrants much?

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: War on Terror #138598
12/09/05 08:15 PM
12/09/05 08:15 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I say close up the borders now, ship the illegals home, don't let anyone in, and screw everybody else. I, for one, am tired of us being called to help someone out, getting slammed for doing so, and then getting called to help someone out again. And over and over and over it plays. I think we've done plenty. Let's take care of our own.
If you're including our helping out Iraq, I'm happy to agree with you on that one, Snake.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: War on Terror #138599
12/09/05 10:49 PM
12/09/05 10:49 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
DC, what you intended with your list is best known to you. With all due respect, I (and I presume a few more members) do not have the time to read your entire post (which probably could be the longest one ever posted, I speculate). Sorry about that.

When I mentioned that all kinds of responses are welcome, I implied it for me. It is unfortunate that Dr. and others who wanted to bring back the focus to the topic were attacked.

The distinction between terror and terrorism, how terror continues to rule the mind and might probably continue to rule long after the terrorists are defeated, and other such messages I tried to explore in my intial post have got lost in the personal fights. But I am not complaining. I still urge all of you to share your thoughts. When so many of you feel so paasionately about the subject, why not translate your thoughts into words and make the discussion more meaningful?

Re: War on Terror #138600
12/10/05 09:39 AM
12/10/05 09:39 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Who read the names on the list? Hands up!

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: War on Terror #138601
12/10/05 11:10 AM
12/10/05 11:10 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Who read the names on the list? Hands up!
I looked for the two names I know personally (whose families probably don't appreciate being used for political purposes).

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: War on Terror #138602
12/10/05 12:51 PM
12/10/05 12:51 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I say close up the borders now, ship the illegals home, don't let anyone in, and screw everybody else. I, for one, am tired of us being called to help someone out, getting slammed for doing so, and then getting called to help someone out again. And over and over and over it plays. I think we've done plenty. Let's take care of our own. Let someone come to OUR aid for once. Then we can sit back and criticize how they do it, or don't do it, or whatever the %#@$^!!
1. Africa can't help itself. They're so far gone, they can't let welfare and plain surviving appear by magic, someone has to give it to them.
2. You know who's fault it is they're in such a bad shape: Europe. With the colonisation, they've destroyed the continent. So Europe has the duty to help them.
3. America seems to have enough money, they're spending it on useless wars like Iraq, so why not using that money to help starvation out of the world.
4. All other rich countries also have to help the poor countries: That's their human duty.
5. How? Not just sending money, but giving them infrastructure, so they can take care of their own.

Re: War on Terror #138603
12/10/05 12:53 PM
12/10/05 12:53 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
2. You know who's fault it is they're in such a bad shape: Europe. With the colonisation, they've destroyed the continent. So Europe has the duty to help them.
Ok.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: War on Terror #138604
12/10/05 02:49 PM
12/10/05 02:49 PM
UK
Underboss
Underboss
UK
Quote:
svsg
The distinction between terror and terrorism, how terror continues to rule the mind and might probably continue to rule long after the terrorists are defeated, and other such messages I tried to explore in my intial post have got lost in the personal fights.
Although this is one of the more "intellectual" forums on the net, it is still trapped in the yoke of blind patriotism and cliqueishness.

There is no real opportunity for rational debate. I appreciate your efforts to stimulate debat svsg, but they are wasted here. All that results is a lot of back-slapping and self-congratulation among the conservative pro-Bush American clique on these boards. Anyone else gets flamed and shouted down.

Sorry to be boring, but gettig back on topic, I notice that the officers involved in the appalling De Menezes shooting are now facing charges here in the UK for unlawful killing.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: War on Terror #138605
12/10/05 04:34 PM
12/10/05 04:34 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
I looked for the two names I know personally (whose families probably don't appreciate being used for political purposes).
Cardi would NEVER use those names for political reasons. That remark proves that you know absoluteley nothing about DC You don't even know what you are talking about. How did he use those names for political purposes?

DS

Re: War on Terror #138606
12/10/05 06:21 PM
12/10/05 06:21 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I think he used the name as an emotional way to point out that we have to restrict personal liberties, so deaths like those on the list won't happen again. That is, IMO, using the list as an object to express a political opinion.

Re: War on Terror #138607
12/10/05 06:23 PM
12/10/05 06:23 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
The only name I can name from the list is Anthony Perkins' wife, who was on one of the planes that hit the WTC.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: War on Terror #138608
12/10/05 07:15 PM
12/10/05 07:15 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Saladbar:
[b] I looked for the two names I know personally (whose families probably don't appreciate being used for political purposes).
Cardi would NEVER use those names for political reasons. That remark proves that you know absoluteley nothing about DC You don't even know what you are talking about. How did he use those names for political purposes?

DS [/b][/quote]Think of it as you will, but I stand by saying I know the families of two, at least, that would not agree with the way "War on Terror" is being described. I would not tell them their loved ones are listed here.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: War on Terror #138609
12/10/05 07:25 PM
12/10/05 07:25 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[quote]Originally posted by Snake:
[b] I say close up the borders now, ship the illegals home, don't let anyone in, and screw everybody else. I, for one, am tired of us being called to help someone out, getting slammed for doing so, and then getting called to help someone out again. And over and over and over it plays. I think we've done plenty. Let's take care of our own.
If you're including our helping out Iraq, I'm happy to agree with you on that one, Snake. [/b][/quote]If it came to pulling out of Iraq to pull it off, yessir!

And no kiddin', Doc, it ain't a formidable border. But it sure could be. And for those who don't go along with my line of thinkin', then you can address the crap people throw at us for either stepping in or not stepping in. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: War on Terror #138610
12/11/05 10:50 AM
12/11/05 10:50 AM
F
FrankieFiveAngels Offline
Wiseguy
FrankieFiveAngels  Offline
F
Wiseguy

You're points are right, but you have the wrong solutions. Nobody needs to be sending any money, and it won't help anyways. Free food aid just means farmers can't sell anything. The West Wing debate had the right solution: tax cuts. The European colonists put in rules that made it impossible for the colonies to compete with them, and those countries haven't been smart enough to see the damage and get rid of those rules. In some of those countries you are looking at 70-90% tax rates, so nothing gets made legally. Some of these countries used to be big food exporters, but then their dictators made things worse., and now Zimbabwe has famine. Debt relief, food aid, AIDS money, and all the other trendy solutions are a waste of time. Those countreis need to figure things out for themselves, and the best assistance to be provided would be economists who can explain to them how to open up their government.

Re: War on Terror #138611
12/11/05 12:39 PM
12/11/05 12:39 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell

Re: War on Terror #138612
12/11/05 01:55 PM
12/11/05 01:55 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Fascinating post, DS! (There's some sarcasm)

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: War on Terror #138613
12/11/05 02:22 PM
12/11/05 02:22 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL

Hey, how's it going?
Re: War on Terror #138614
12/11/05 02:23 PM
12/11/05 02:23 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Who knows, but that sight is by far funnier than Patrick's "emo" one.

Re: War on Terror #138615
12/11/05 02:30 PM
12/11/05 02:30 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Who knows, but that sight is by far funnier than Patrick's "emo" one.
How?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: War on Terror #138616
12/11/05 02:46 PM
12/11/05 02:46 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Because of its absolute disgusting appeal to emotions. How soap opera it is. How false, over the top, propagandaist it is. What's the point in it? To remind us why we're at war? If that's the reason, then it has failed, because it isn't the reason we're at war. Well, it is, but it isn't a justified reason.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull