GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (BarrettM, 2 invisible), 39 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,139
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,791
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138352
12/07/05 08:14 PM
12/07/05 08:14 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Billie Joe is like the coolest person ever, all you squares who don't understand him should stop oppressing him with your negativity, picking on his makeup is so trivial and oppresive. He is a national treasure and one of the few musical artisic exports Americans can be very proud of.
Don't get my post wrong. I love Billie Joe, and Green Day is one of my favorite bands (and WAS before they got super-popular) Dookie and Nimrod were awesome.

But "oppressing him with your negativity"?? Puh-leeze. :rolleyes: Oh yes, woe is Billie.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138353
12/07/05 09:14 PM
12/07/05 09:14 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Billie Joe is like the coolest person ever, all you squares who don't understand him should stop oppressing him with your negativity, picking on his makeup is so trivial and oppresive. He is a national treasure and one of the few musical artisic exports Americans can be very proud of.
Ok, I don't like Green Day very much, but I do respect that they say whatever they want, yada, yada. BUT, you can't say they or Billy Joe Armstrong for that matter, are one of the FEW.

For those who pick on makeup, KISS this:

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138354
12/08/05 03:01 AM
12/08/05 03:01 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138355
12/08/05 06:00 AM
12/08/05 06:00 AM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E Lucky R Offline
Made Member
E Lucky R  Offline
Made Member
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
ELR you forgot the dutch master

I did forget the non flying Dutch Master...how could I?

There are just so many great Dutchies to choose from...REAL bad MF-ers would of course inlcude: The Guy who came up with "apartheid", seys-inquart, Anston Mussert, Prince Bernhard and perhaps now also Pim Fortuyn in case he did actually have sex with minors...

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138356
12/08/05 06:21 AM
12/08/05 06:21 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Could someone please tell Ashton Kutcher that he doesn't need to shout to be heard.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138357
12/08/05 07:25 AM
12/08/05 07:25 AM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline OP
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline OP
Underboss
UK
It's called acting.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138358
12/08/05 07:26 AM
12/08/05 07:26 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
So is that. You surely can't be as obnoxious as you're pretending to be here.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138359
12/08/05 07:31 AM
12/08/05 07:31 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
It's called acting.
On Punked?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138360
12/08/05 11:20 AM
12/08/05 11:20 AM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline
E
Made Member
Three good Mexicans

One Bad Mexican That Is worth Ten Evil Mexicans

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138361
12/08/05 11:26 AM
12/08/05 11:26 AM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
E
Made Member
Three Good Hippies (and a half)

1 BAD Hippie (The Darth Vader of hippies more like)

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138362
12/08/05 03:50 PM
12/08/05 03:50 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:
[QB] Three Good Hippies (and a half)

Ew. Gross.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138363
12/08/05 04:35 PM
12/08/05 04:35 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
E
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:

Ew. Gross. [/quote]????? (I was talking bout Groucho)

Anyway:

3 Good Mexicans

3 Bad Mexicans

One Morally Ambigous Mexican

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138364
12/09/05 04:49 PM
12/09/05 04:49 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:

Ew. Gross. [/quote]????? (I was talking bout Groucho)[/b][/quote]And I was talking about Hendrix. He's vastly over-rated as a musician, and he didn't do much as an environmentalist. He shouldn't be in the same sentence with Lennon and Garcia.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138365
12/09/05 04:59 PM
12/09/05 04:59 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b]
quote:

Ew. Gross. [/quote]????? (I was talking bout Groucho)[/b][/quote]And I was talking about Hendrix. He's vastly over-rated as a musician...[/b]

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138366
12/09/05 06:23 PM
12/09/05 06:23 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Yeah, he was only possibly the greatest guitarist around. :p

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138367
12/09/05 06:43 PM
12/09/05 06:43 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Good

Joe Scarborough

Alan Colmes

Ann Beeson

Bad

Ron Artest

Newt Gingrich

Sean Hannity

Evil

Ann Coulter

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138368
12/09/05 11:39 PM
12/09/05 11:39 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Yeah, he was only possibly the greatest guitarist around. :p
He was talented, but he put it in the wrong places. He didn't do anything groundbreaking, he just took what existed and played it uber-fast and distorted. He has his share of good songs, and I like him to an extent... But the greatest guitarist EVER? No. Close, but no. An average song-writer.

Actually, to be technical, he is a one-hit wonder. The only top-charted hits he's had consisted of one original song (forget which) and many covers. By definition, a one hit wonder.

Remember, I said over-rated. Not bad.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138369
12/10/05 12:52 AM
12/10/05 12:52 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Bah, fuck the charts. Who cares about what the demographic is for hits?

I really don't want to get into this but played what existed very fast? Are you kidding? Hendrix provided an excellent fusion of blues and rock, versatility, and great songwriting that went on to be probably the most influential guitarist, especially to metal players. Hell, even the guitarists of his own era started copying him by buying Strats. Saying he only played fast is ridiculous and plain ignorant, hell he could fret all six strings with the top joint of his thumb, and play both lead and rhythm at the same time. He perfected trick playing and innovative ways such as his version of the Star Spangled Banner mixed with mocked sounds of bombs and gunfire. His sound alone is in it's own circle. The public wanted him mainly for his hits, but he knew his skills were going beyond his other material. The public never realized this as well, too many goddamn people overlook non-hits when looking at most artists. He's in his own circle IMO, but whatever.

Everyone I know tells me I overrate his skills, mainly the metal fans at my school. What do they all have in common? They listened to Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, and All ALong the Watchtower at least once in their life.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138370
12/10/05 07:10 AM
12/10/05 07:10 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Jimmy hendrix is a legend. Even though he was a left-handed, he self-taught himself to play guitar and learned to play on a right-handed guitar. He was simply amazing.

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138371
12/10/05 08:21 AM
12/10/05 08:21 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

There is a film producer who has worked for years, chasing down Michael Moore in an effort to interview him. The young man, named Michael Wilson, is making a documentary titled "Michael Moore Hates America." So far, Moore has dodged him at every turn! Why? What is he afraid of? Didn't he dis the automakers and the congressmen who avoided his questions when he tried interviewing them? For example anyone who knows cinema recognizes that this is the exact tactic Moore took in his film "Roger and Me," as he chased an automobile executive for an interview.

Why hasn't this "Good" American addressed the problems of Africa, Sudan, etc.? Why hasn't he once ever addressed these types of issues in his so called movies? Because there is absolutely NO money to be made in his making a movie about the controversies involving opressed people in third world countries. Think about it. If he is such the humanitarian that many here seem to say that he is, why hasn't he made movies about these kinds of issues? No money to be made in them, that's why.

Anything that he's done has addressed controversial issues that almost garuantee him to be money making opportunities.

Moore makes these movies and writes these books, like Roger and Me for instance, where he tries to reveal or exploit "big business" and how thier profits come before people, etc. But if you are really willing to open up your mind and step back for a minute to take a real closer look at Moore, you would have to be blind not to see that he is big business himself. He exploits people for his own benefit = $$$$, just like the coporations and the businesses that he writes about in his movies and his books.

Michael Moore is big business himself. He is no different then the corporations and the politicians that he claims to despise.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138372
12/10/05 12:24 PM
12/10/05 12:24 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Bah, fuck the charts. Who cares about what the demographic is for hits?

I really don't want to get into this but played what existed very fast? Are you kidding? Hendrix provided an excellent fusion of blues and rock, versatility, and great songwriting that went on to be probably the most influential guitarist, especially to metal players. Hell, even the guitarists of his own era started copying him by buying Strats. Saying he only played fast is ridiculous and plain ignorant, hell he could fret all six strings with the top joint of his thumb, and play both lead and rhythm at the same time. He perfected trick playing and innovative ways such as his version of the Star Spangled Banner mixed with mocked sounds of bombs and gunfire. His sound alone is in it's own circle. The public wanted him mainly for his hits, but he knew his skills were going beyond his other material. The public never realized this as well, too many goddamn people overlook non-hits when looking at most artists. He's in his own circle IMO, but whatever.

Everyone I know tells me I overrate his skills, mainly the metal fans at my school. What do they all have in common? They listened to Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, and All ALong the Watchtower at least once in their life.
Bah, metal sucks. :p

I don't know, he's just never done anything for me. I appreciate him and his talent, but when I think "great" music, Hendrix just doesn't come to mind. My idea of great music is often ground-breaking stuff that is so mind-blowing and revolutionary... Something that comes and hits you as a big surprise.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138373
12/10/05 12:30 PM
12/10/05 12:30 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
revolutionary
There's Hendrix for ya.

Quote:
Bah, metal sucks.
*seizure

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138374
12/10/05 12:39 PM
12/10/05 12:39 PM
Underboss
Underboss

It's a tad too angry for me. There is some angry music I like (take many bands of the 90s), but metal is just too much.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138375
12/10/05 12:47 PM
12/10/05 12:47 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Well metal isn't really just angry music. I mean, I don't listen to any of that death growl singing but still there are great bands: Black Sabbath, Deep Purple [if you consider it], Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, Black Label Society, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio. Not to mention the three-man Cello metal group Apocalyptica.

Most metal or heavy rock sucks today though, and Metallica has since sold out after the Black album.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138376
12/10/05 12:55 PM
12/10/05 12:55 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Ah, alright. The way you originally worded it made me think of the newer-harcore-esque generation of metal. The bands listed are all bands I respect, but never find the time to listen to.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138377
12/10/05 01:03 PM
12/10/05 01:03 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

You should check out Malmsteen. He was Hendrix-inspired but became innovative himself, fusing Classical Guitar with Metal. "Black Star" is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138378
12/10/05 01:17 PM
12/10/05 01:17 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

There is a film producer who has worked for years, chasing down Michael Moore in an effort to interview him. The young man, named Michael Wilson, is making a documentary titled "Michael Moore Hates America." So far, Moore has dodged him at every turn! Why? What is he afraid of? Didn't he dis the automakers and the congressmen who avoided his questions when he tried interviewing them? For example anyone who knows cinema recognizes that this is the exact tactic Moore took in his film "Roger and Me," as he chased an automobile executive for an interview.
Would you agree to an interview if you were considered one of the best film makers in America and someone making a movie called, "Don Cardi Hates America" wanted to interview you?

Quote:

Why hasn't this "Good" American addressed the problems of Africa, Sudan, etc.? Why hasn't he once ever addressed these types of issues in his so called movies?
Because unlike the Republicans who are so hung up on Iraq, he actually cares about what we're doing in America. Remember New Orleans? That $200 billion we put in Iraq is looking good right about now.

Quote:
Because there is absolutely NO money to be made in his making a movie about the controversies involving opressed people in third world countries. Think about it. If he is such the humanitarian that many here seem to say that he is, why hasn't he made movies about these kinds of issues? No money to be made in them, that's why.
I think a movie which showed a documentary on Sudan would make huge amounts of money. I actually would rather see that than Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2.

Quote:
Anything that he's done has addressed controversial issues that almost garuantee him to be money making opportunities.
Exactly. He addresses controversial issues that no one else, quite frankly, has the balls to confront.

Quote:
Moore makes these movies and writes these books, like Roger and Me for instance, where he tries to reveal or exploit "big business" and how thier profits come before people, etc. But if you are really willing to open up your mind and step back for a minute to take a real closer look at Moore, you would have to be blind not to see that he is big business himself. He exploits people for his own benefit = $$$$, just like the coporations and the businesses that he writes about in his movies and his books.
But unlike the big corporations, like GM, he actually cares about the average American.

Quote:
Michael Moore is big business himself. He is no different then the corporations and the politicians that he claims to despise.
Yes he is. Michael Moore cares about the problems on our homeland before worrying about a dictator 10,000 miles around the world in the middle of a desert.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Americans Good and Bad #138379
12/10/05 01:56 PM
12/10/05 01:56 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I think Moore is no better than the politicians he blasts. As I said with his deceits in the film, which I'll be giving another watch soon, and other things.

I always got the portrait painted that he was an average Joe from Flint that cared, but after hearing that he was only born in Flint (he grew up in a more upscale area), rents two hotels so he can maintain the average Joe persona in interviews and live in the luxury hotels, and he even has stocks in Halliburton, which I think Joe Scarborough said.

I just don't see the big deal. He reminds me of George Lucas, the Indie filmmaker who became the very thing he despised.

Re: Americans Good and Bad #138380
12/10/05 02:40 PM
12/10/05 02:40 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline OP
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline OP
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Don Cardi
Because there is absolutely NO money to be made in his making a movie about the controversies involving opressed people in third world countries
But Moore does concern himself with people in your country who live in third world conditions, living like pigs with no access to adequate medical care or education. You need to read his books as well as watch his movies.

No-one is saying that Moore is perfect. But then, Moore is a journalist; Bush is the President of the US. I think that one expects the latter to conform to slightly higher standards, given that he is the most POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD!!

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull