GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 575 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,113
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,383
Posts1,059,717
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135151
11/05/05 09:26 PM
11/05/05 09:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Violence in France Enters 10th Night
Security Tightens as Riots Spread Across the Country
By JOHN LEICESTER, AP

ACHERES, France (Nov. 6) - Youths armed with gasoline bombs fanned out from Paris' poor, troubled suburbs to shatter the tranquility of resort cities on the Mediterranean, torching scores of vehicles, nursery schools and other targets during a 10th straight night of arson attacks.

Police deployed a helicopter and tactical teams to chase down youths speeding from one attack to another in cars and on motorbikes. Some 2,300 police were brought into the Paris region to bolster security, France-Info said. More than 250 people were arrested.

The violence - originally concentrated in neighborhoods northeast of Paris with large immigrant populations - is forcing France to confront long-simmering anger in its suburbs, where many Africans and their French-born children live on society's margins, struggling with unemployment, poor housing, racial discrimination, crime and a lack of opportunity.

The unrest, triggered by fury over the deaths of two teenagers, has taken on unprecedented scope and intensity. The violence reached far-flung corners of France on Saturday, from Rouen in Normandy to Bordeaux in the southwest to Strasbourg near the German border, but the Paris region has borne the brunt.

In quiet Acheres, on the edge of the St. Germain forest west of Paris, arsonists burned a nursery school, where part of the roof caved in, and about a dozen cars in four attacks that the mayor said seemed "perfectly organized."

Children's photos clung to the blackened walls, and melted plastic toys littered the floor. Residents gathered at the school gate demanded that the army be deployed or suggested that citizens band together to protect their neighborhoods. Mayor Alain Outreman tried to cool tempers.

"We are not going to start militias," he said. "You would have to be everywhere."

Arson attacks were reported in the Paris region and outlying cities, many known for their calm. Cars were torched in the cultural bastion of Avignon in southern France and the resort cities of Nice and Cannes, a police officer said.

Arson was reported in Nantes in the southwest, the Lille region in the north and Saint-Dizier in the Ardennes region east of Paris. In the eastern city of Strasbourg, 18 cars were set alight in full daylight, police said.

In one attack, youths in the eastern Paris suburb of Meaux prevented paramedics from evacuating a sick person from a housing project. They pelted rescuers with rocks and then torched the waiting ambulance, an Interior Ministry official said.

By daybreak Saturday, 897 vehicles were destroyed - a sharp rise from the 500 burned a night earlier, police said. It was the worst one-day toll since the unrest erupted Oct. 27 following the accidental electrocution of the two teenagers who hid in a power substation, apparently believing police were chasing them.

The anger spread to the Internet, with blogs mourning the youths.

Along with messages of condolence and appeals for calm were insults targeting police, threats of more violence and warnings that the unrest will feed support for France's anti-immigration extreme right.

"Civil war is declared. There will no doubt be deaths. Unfortunately, we have to prepare," said a posting signed "Rania."

"We are going to destroy everything. Rest in peace, guys," wrote "Saint Denis."

Police detained 258 people overnight, almost all in the Paris region, and dozens of them will be prosecuted, Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy said after a government crisis meeting. He warned of possibly heavy sentences for burning cars.

"Violence penalizes those who live in the toughest conditions," he said.

Most rioting has been in towns with low-income housing projects where unemployment and distrust of police run high. But in a new development, arsonists were moving beyond their heavily policed neighborhoods to attack others with less security, said a national police spokesman, Patrick Hamon.

"They are very mobile, in cars or scooters. ... It is quite hard to combat" he said. "Most are young, very young, we have even seen young minors."

There appeared to be no coordination between separate groups in different areas, Hamon said. But within gangs, he added, youths are communicating by cell phones or e-mails. "They organize themselves, arrange meetings, some prepare the Molotov cocktails."

In Torcy, close to Disneyland Paris, a youth center and a police station were set ablaze. In Suresnes, on the Seine River west of the capital, 44 cars were burned in a parking lot.

"We thought Suresnes was calm," said Naima Mouis, a hospital employee whose car was torched into a twisted hulk of metal.

On Saturday morning, more than 1,000 people took part in a silent march in one of the worst-hit suburbs, Aulnay-sous-Bois. Local officials wore sashes in the red-white-and-blue of the French flag as they filed past housing projects and the wrecks of burned cars. One white banner read "No to violence."

Anger was fanned days ago when a tear gas bomb exploded in a mosque in Clichy-sous-Bois, north of Paris - the same suburb where the youths were electrocuted.

Sarkozy also has inflamed passions by referring to troublemakers as "scum."

Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin denied that police were to blame. The director of the Great Mosque of Paris, Dalil Boubakeur, who met Saturday with Villepin, urged the government to choose its words carefully and send a message of peace.

"In such difficult circumstances, every word counts," Boubakeur said.

Associated Press reporters Jamey Keaten and Angela Doland in Paris contributed to this report.

------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! I'm wondering if the French have an equivalent to the USA's National Guard. Does anyone know? Surely the local police, even at 2300+ cannot seem to get things under control. This has really gotten out of hand.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135152
11/05/05 11:13 PM
11/05/05 11:13 PM
Tennessee
marlon Offline
Made Member
marlon  Offline
Made Member
Tennessee
I don't know if they have a national guard but they can call out the regular army. I wonder who makes that descision?

I am waiting for someone to say that this for some reason is our fault, or President Bush's fault.

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135153
11/06/05 08:48 AM
11/06/05 08:48 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by marlon:
I don't know if they have a national guard but they can call out the regular army. I wonder who makes that descision?

I am waiting for someone to say that this for some reason is our fault, or President Bush's fault.
Considering the more recent record of France's army, would you want them to try and solve the situation?

And yes, you know that it will be President Bush's fault because he didn't accomodate the Muslims of France, and didn't send money to Chirac to solve the problem, didn't offer troops to the government, etc.

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135154
11/07/05 10:36 AM
11/07/05 10:36 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

This has been a long time coming, and in the future you are going to see more and more of this across Europe. They France, Germany, UK and Spain (and to some extent Holland) have "imported" Muslims to do the dirty work...garbage pick up, etc. They live in segregated ghettoes on the fringes of the old cities (the ones the tourists see) and it is just a matter of time before this situation explodes. Think the race riots of the '60's on steroids.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135155
11/07/05 01:07 PM
11/07/05 01:07 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
It's really nuts over there. Scary.
Are these the same people that called the US and Great Britain violent people?

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135156
11/07/05 02:38 PM
11/07/05 02:38 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
It's really nuts over there. Scary.
Are these the same people that called the US and Great Britain violent people?

DS
No DS these people rioting are all North Africans, mostly Algerians. Britain has the same deal with Pakistanis, Germany with Turks and Spain with Morroccans. The white people there refer to it as "Eurabia"

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135157
11/07/05 03:10 PM
11/07/05 03:10 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I think Don Smitty meant if France is the same country with a generally-accepted societal view that the United States is a racially-unrestful "violent" nation?

Funny enough, France and America have many strange things in common. Mostly, both culture feel that they both are the peak or the best of the friggin best of "freedom" and democracy, and thus are the champs for the entire world.

The difference is, Americans in general do tend to celebrate the "melting pot" of different ethnic groups and religions into a cohesive "American" nationality. The French view their style of "freedom" in this unshakeble, immaculate existence that besides the White Catholics that make up for most of the population, the rest of the other people that now reside in France(Arabs, North Africans, Eastern Europeans, etc.) accept this existance as the proper way to go. In other words, Americans like to mix, the French not as much. Consider the French banning religious garments in public schools.

I mean, many here know of how at times I thought Bush was either damn useless or incompetent or just an idiots. However, I give him credit for at least not following such a thing or imposing it in American public schools.

Then again, American culture has always been more worried about the individual-self, while the French like most of Europe is of a society that is more "comfirmist". Digest that idea mentally.

In other words, I agree with a previous poster in that such "minority" violence in western Europe was really a ticking timebomb waiting to explode somehow. The fact is, when ethnic or religious-fueled riots occur, at least initially, because of how they feel they are excluded or forced to conform to the society of the nation's majority...uh oh.

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135158
11/08/05 06:37 PM
11/08/05 06:37 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
1. Economics: Most young allochtones can't get a job. The employers are often xenophobe and don't trust them (think they're lazy, stealing, ...) and so it comes that there is 60% unemployment rate among the young allochtones.They don't study because why would they: "No jobs for us" - Algerian Frenchman. And so, they are bored, always at home doing nothing. That wouldn't be a problem if there were things in the getto's to amuse them. But there aren't. In the end, they're so sick of it, that a little sparkle could let the bomb explode.
2. Housing: They're all pushed into getto's.
3. They still feel like they are considered lowerranked then white original frenchmen. That while they themselves already feel for generations as normal Frenchmen, many families are already in France for generations. But not seen as regular Frenchmen...

So the government is already saying for decades they're going to solve the first problem I mentioned, be it a left or a right government. But nothing is being done... And while the left government before Chirac was already improving the situation a bit, Chirac has totally blew it the past years. And now this is the result.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135159
11/08/05 07:05 PM
11/08/05 07:05 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
The French have no real army, like the rest of mainland modern European countries.

The only forces in Europe are the American divisions in Germany. There's no way they'll partake in any action against French Muslims.

The problem is the French government is discriminating against Muslims, so its their own fault. What number French Republic is this one...

The French are having a hard time getting things right.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135160
11/08/05 07:10 PM
11/08/05 07:10 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
German Turks are a different story. They're not violent. French Algerians are in France because Algeria was a French colony. In fact, French Algeria was considered an extension of France at one point.

The Muslims in France protesting are recent immigrants.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135161
11/10/05 10:48 PM
11/10/05 10:48 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Johnny:
In fact, French Algeria was considered an extension of France at one point.

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135162
11/12/05 06:22 PM
11/12/05 06:22 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I will be there for Christmas so I will send a report

Re: Violence in France Enters 10th Night #135163
11/12/05 06:48 PM
11/12/05 06:48 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Wow JJ...

I meant it was considered another district, not just a mere colony...

That's why I'm a history major...

"Buh-Bye"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull