GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Mafia101, TheKillingJoke, RationalObserver), 265 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,343
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Charles and Camilla #134864
11/04/05 12:57 PM
11/04/05 12:57 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
Camilla might be also very lonely and unhappy when this 19-year old intruder came and stole from her the man she loved. It's not her fault. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Camilla already married someone else, so I doubt she was sitting home lonely. As said in the Kevin Federline/Britney Spears scenerio, you can't "steal" a man who's not willing.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Charles and Camilla #134865
11/04/05 01:04 PM
11/04/05 01:04 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
Camilla already married someone else, so I doubt she was sitting home lonely. As said in the Kevin Federline/Britney Spears scenerio, you can't "steal" a man who's not willing.
He was not willing. He had to marry Di because she was exactly the match for him by descent. And he couldn't marry Camilla exactly because she was already divorced.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Charles and Camilla #134866
11/04/05 06:28 PM
11/04/05 06:28 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Meggie:
I still can not get used to her (Camilla) Diana will never be replaced. As long as she lives (Camilla) she will be in Diana's shadow
Not in the eyes of Prince Charles...and those are the only ones that should matter. After all these years he is finally able to legitimately be with the one woman he's always loved. In public as well as in private.

In fact, as far as Charles was concerned, it was Diana who was in Camilla's shadow.

I'm happy for them both.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Charles and Camilla #134867
11/04/05 07:48 PM
11/04/05 07:48 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Charles was down in New Orleans today visiting the hurricane damage. He had some sort of charitable stuff to donate. Pretty nice of him considering Andy Jackson kicked Charles' ancestors butts out of the swamps there in 1815.

Re: Charles and Camilla #134868
11/04/05 11:53 PM
11/04/05 11:53 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
I'll always have a preference for Diana. She was 19 when she married him. How could she had known he was hankering for someone else.

And gawd did she improve the royal gene pool. Her sons are gorgeous!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Charles and Camilla #134869
11/05/05 02:35 AM
11/05/05 02:35 AM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Charles was down in New Orleans today visiting the hurricane damage. He had some sort of charitable stuff to donate. Pretty nice of him considering Andy Jackson kicked Charles' ancestors butts out of the swamps there in 1815.
I wonder what their impression was of what the were shown. I was at work and just got off and haven't seen the news yet.

I was in New Orleans on Monday and even though I have seen the devastation on tv, and have lived for two months in a city filled with hundreds of thousands of evacuees, going down there to help my friend get stuff out of his house and looking around the old neighborhood is absolutely devastating and mind boggling what has happened there. Two months on and whole streets remain untouched, like a war zone. Despite all the rah rah about coming back better than ever, it will never be the same.

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: Charles and Camilla #134870
11/05/05 07:15 AM
11/05/05 07:15 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Meggie:
[b] I still can not get used to her (Camilla) Diana will never be replaced. As long as she lives (Camilla) she will be in Diana's shadow
Not in the eyes of Prince Charles...and those are the only ones that should matter. After all these years he is finally able to legitimately be with the one woman he's always loved. In public as well as in private.

In fact, as far as Charles was concerned, it was Diana who was in Camilla's shadow.

I'm happy for them both.

Apple [/b][/quote]I agree with Apple absolutely. We are on the same page. Apple,

Re: Charles and Camilla #134871
11/05/05 10:24 AM
11/05/05 10:24 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
...She was 19 when she married him. How could she had known he was hankering for someone else...
Problem is, she DID know about Camilla.

And she married him anyway, hoping in her immature bliss she could make him forget about her. (In fact legend has it she actually wanted to back out days before the wedding but was talked out of it by her sisters.)

The Royal Family and their 'suits' also made mistakes, assuming 'Shy Di' would do her Royal duties, produce the necessary heirs, behave and keep her mouth shut while waiting to become Queen.

Each party drastically underestimated the other in several ways and all paid the price. Including William & Harry, the only good things to really come out of that marriage.

Yes, Diana brought a glamour and breath of life to the Royal Family that had been lost for years, and will be remembered for years to come...but when all is said & done, they are now far better off without her.

I'm sure Camilla is well aware and hopefully prepared for the comparisons to Diana as she finally embarks on these 'Royal' appearances with her husband. However her maturity and love for her husband will hopefully carry her through with dignity and be fully embraced by the time Charles becomes King.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Charles and Camilla #134872
11/05/05 02:04 PM
11/05/05 02:04 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Di had a strange upbringing for her class. She behaved and talked sometimes as if she was a girl from the nearest pub. Maybe being simple could impress the crowd, but not Charles, especially after Camilla, who behaved, then at least, as aristocrat from head to feet. Manners are everything, if you are one of a breed, you must know how to comport yourself. And Di's mistakes in this area were the most evident to everyone.

Re: Charles and Camilla #134873
11/06/05 07:22 PM
11/06/05 07:22 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Hi everyone hope your all well, ignore my comings and goings, I do my best to attend the gangster BB

As much as I sympathised with Di through all her marital discord I think I felt more for poor old Andrew Parker- Bowles, Camillas ex husband. Known here in the UK as the man who 'laid down his WIFE for his country'

I have to admit I have gleefully read all reports coming back from the states about Camilla but I am biased. I couldn't stand the woman since seeing a news footage on TV of her atop her hunting horse trying to 'whip' the protesters against fox hunting with her crop during one of their rallys

FH

Re: Charles and Camilla #134874
11/06/05 07:34 PM
11/06/05 07:34 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Charles couldn't marry Camilla because he had to marry a virgin. Her first meeting with Charles Camilla said their ancestors had been lovers, so how about it. Camilla married another man when Charles went into the military. Hmmmmmmmm...what a way to show your love for the man who is supposed to be the love of your life. Charles and Camilla get married, they're bored with their spouses so they pick up where they left off decades before. I hope William and Harry never hear that Charles was meant to be with Camilla and not their mother, the only normal person in their life. Camilla performs duties with Charles after Diana's death, all the while she is still married to Andrew. I wonder how her kids feel about their mother being a whore. If this is the way people with love and who have "class" act I'll do much better to hang with the bums on the streets, thank you. I wonder how people in "regular" life who publically commit adultery would be treated by the people. Congrats Charles and Camilla. You two low lifes deserve each other.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Charles and Camilla #134875
11/06/05 07:36 PM
11/06/05 07:36 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Family Honour:
Hi everyone

FH
Hi indeed, FH! It's great to see you keep coming back. Hope all is well with you.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Charles and Camilla #134876
11/07/05 02:44 AM
11/07/05 02:44 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
I felt more for poor old Andrew Parker- Bowles, Camillas ex husband. Known here in the UK as the man who 'laid down his WIFE for his country'

Hi FH! How is your grandson doing?

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Charles and Camilla #134877
11/07/05 03:48 AM
11/07/05 03:48 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
As much as I sympathised with Di through all her marital discord I think I felt more for poor old Andrew Parker- Bowles, Camillas ex husband. Known here in the UK as the man who 'laid down his WIFE for his country'
Charles had a much more enjoyable visit to the U.S. when he was last here with his ex. Thats because of where he stayed.

Indiana. :rolleyes:

Welcome back, FH!

Re: Charles and Camilla #134878
11/07/05 10:36 AM
11/07/05 10:36 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
I hope William and Harry never hear that Charles was meant to be with Camilla and not their mother, the only normal person in their life. Camilla performs duties with Charles after Diana's death, all the while she is still married to Andrew. I wonder how her kids feel about their mother being a whore.
I wonder how William and Harry feel about their mother being a world famous whore, who ended up with Arab merchant, and only imagine how the royal family could feel about what brothers and sisters she might bear from him to British princes!
But even though I can't help disliking Diana, I never took her behavior as personally as you seem to take Camilla's.
Cmon Bethie, let Charles choose his own kind of happiness!

Re: Charles and Camilla #134879
11/07/05 11:26 AM
11/07/05 11:26 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
[QUOTE]... let Charles choose his own kind of happiness! ...
I agree...since unlike his mother was pretty much cornered into marrying someone he didn't love ('...whatever love is...').

With all that though, let's not forget that it is only because Diana is dead that the marriage of Charles & Camilla was able to take place. Had she lived, Charles would still be a divorcee and as Head of the Church of England, unable to remarry.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull