GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 311 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,698
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,225
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,047
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130384
09/25/05 03:10 PM
09/25/05 03:10 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
The death penalty in the US is the legal the murder of a US citizen by government officials. The way it is handled is also incredibly stupid. If someone is put on death row, why would you sentence them to death while they're still in their 20's or 30's? If you insist on putting a person to death, it should be done when they're in their 60's or 70's after they've served many years and are close to death because of natural causes.

I also find it funny how many conservatives call abortion murder, which isn't proven or true, but strongly support the murder of a human being. Regardless of what he or she is done, the death penalty is proven murder and you support that. Sentence people to life, not death. Cheers. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130385
09/25/05 03:26 PM
09/25/05 03:26 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I also find it funny how many conservatives call abortion murder, which isn't proven or true, but strongly support the murder of a human being. Regardless of what he or she is done, the death penalty is proven murder and you support that. Sentence people to life, not death. Cheers. -Pat
You know what I find funny, how the libs will have no problem killing an innocent life before it starts. But if that same life has the opportunity of living, grows to adulthood and becomes a murdering SOB, that is when you decide to fight for it's life,

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130386
09/25/05 03:41 PM
09/25/05 03:41 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok, let the next round begin! :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130387
09/25/05 03:47 PM
09/25/05 03:47 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
I see a woman in the night
With a baby in her hand
Under an old street light
Near a garbage can
Now she puts the kid away,
and she's gone to get a hit
She hates her life,
and what she's done to it
There's one more kid
that will never go to school
Never get to fall in love,
never get to be cool.
- Neil Young

Different scenario, although I agree on the final lines when it comes to abortion, but a debate on this is the last thing I wanna get into considering these debates don't go anywhere except the loss of respect for each other.

I really can't say I have a solid opinion on the death penalty. I always thought life in a small cell was worse then a quick death of all things.

On a lighter note, why do they swab their arm with alcohol during the lethal injection?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130388
09/25/05 03:54 PM
09/25/05 03:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Oh Daigo and Patrick, how so far off the trail to the Promise Land you both are...

I never like the argument against Death Penalty in the idea of that its "cruelty". Fuck, I think its a easy way out for some evil bastards out there that should instead live in a Siberian-esque existence for every agonizing day for the rest of their lives. Fuck, maybe we could resurrect the Nazis and the former KGB electroid-testicle punishing deadmen so we would make good use of them in some way.

If anything, I can guarantee that if a certain scenario happens, many people will be turned off from the Death Penalty.....as in, an innocent person gets executed for a crime he/she didn't commit.

Not realistic, eh? Just look at the UK....

If anything, notice how the Federal government in the courts have slowly cut the fatty-edges of the Death Penalty over the last few years. Especially that the Supreme Court struck down the legality of executing someone that is truely legally "insane", or mentally retarded, or juveniles under the age of 18.

Think about that for a moment.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130389
09/25/05 04:20 PM
09/25/05 04:20 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I'm against it, for reasons stated here many times before

1) It's not applied equally across the board. People who can afford better lawyers do better.

2) Too damn many mistakes.

If both of them problems could somehow be corrected, I'd have no objection to it.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130390
09/25/05 04:25 PM
09/25/05 04:25 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
1) It's not applied equally across the board. People who can afford better lawyers do better.

2) Too damn many mistakes.

If both of them problems could somehow be corrected, I'd have no objection to it.
I agree just for those two specific reasons.

EDIT: Otherwise, I'm all for it.

Why kill an unborn child and spare a convicted murderer?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130391
09/25/05 04:28 PM
09/25/05 04:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I agree as well.

Who read about the Death Row inmate in Texas who's lawyer slept throughout the vast majority of his trial?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130392
09/25/05 04:34 PM
09/25/05 04:34 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
On a lighter note, why do they swab their arm with alcohol during the lethal injection?
It's all part of the experience, DV!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130393
09/25/05 04:45 PM
09/25/05 04:45 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I see a woman in the night
With a baby in her hand
Under an old street light
Near a garbage can
Now she puts the kid away,
and she's gone to get a hit
She hates her life,
and what she's done to it
There's one more kid
that will never go to school
Never get to fall in love,
never get to be cool.
- Neil Young
Man, I LOVE that song!

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130394
09/25/05 06:04 PM
09/25/05 06:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok, here's a question.

When Usama Bin laden is caught, should he receive the death penalty? Or should he receive life in prison?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130395
09/25/05 06:11 PM
09/25/05 06:11 PM
Sweden
LBG Offline
Made Member
LBG  Offline
Made Member
Sweden
One of the major problems with death penalty is that you might get the wrong person and when you discover that he or she is innocent it might be too late.

"Nobody ever mentions the weather, can make or break your day.
Nobody ever seems to remember life is a game we play"
"Hello hello it's good to be back, it's good to be back"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130396
09/25/05 06:19 PM
09/25/05 06:19 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Ok, here's a question.

When Usama Bin laden is caught, should he receive the death penalty? Or should he receive life in prison?

Don Cardi
First off, he'll never be caught. Second, if he were to get caught, he should receive life in prison.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130397
09/25/05 06:23 PM
09/25/05 06:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] Ok, here's a question.

Don Cardi
First off, he'll never be caught. Second, if he were to get caught, he should receive life in prison. [/b][/quote]The man has admitted that he is responsible for taking thousands of innocent lives. When he is caught, why should the taxpayers of this country pay to support such an admitted cold blooded mass murdrer of innocent people? Why should we pay for him to live in this country, get fed three meals a day, and provide him with a place to sleep at night?

Wouldn't that money be better used towards helping the poverty stricken people of our country instead of supporting a mass murderer?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130398
09/25/05 07:05 PM
09/25/05 07:05 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
As much as you and I know that Bin Laden is a killer and is a bastard, he's still a human being and if he's going to go under the court of law in America, he should go under it just like any normal American goes under it. Now if he were to go to court in Afghanistan, than it'd be different story.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130399
09/25/05 07:18 PM
09/25/05 07:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
As much as you and I know that Bin Laden is a killer and is a bastard, he's still a human being and if he's going to go under the court of law in America, he should go under it just like any normal American goes under it. Now if he were to go to court in Afghanistan, than it'd be different story.
Let me understand this. If he is going to go on trial in a court of law in America, he should get life in prison and not the death penalty. But if he goes on trial in Afghanastan, then that is a different story? So no one should get the death penalty here in the USA, but it's ok if they get it in a foreign country?

BTW, his being a human being is a matter of opinion. ANd in my opinion, he is an piece of shit.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130400
09/25/05 07:34 PM
09/25/05 07:34 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
The evidence would be overwhelmingly against him.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130401
09/25/05 07:38 PM
09/25/05 07:38 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] As much as you and I know that Bin Laden is a killer and is a bastard, he's still a human being and if he's going to go under the court of law in America, he should go under it just like any normal American goes under it. Now if he were to go to court in Afghanistan, than it'd be different story.
Let me understand this. If he is going to go on trial in a court of law in America, he should get life in prison and not the death penalty. But if he goes on trial in Afghanastan, then that is a different story? So no one should get the death penalty here in the USA, but it's ok if they get it in a foreign country?

BTW, his being a human being is a matter of opinion. ANd in my opinion, he is an piece of shit.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]No, it's not ok for him or anyone to die anywhere. What I'm saying is: I don't know how the law and courts work in Afghanistan. For all I know, they don't have courts over there or give people a chance to prove innocence.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130402
09/25/05 07:39 PM
09/25/05 07:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Plaw, I agree to a point. Yes, I'm sure that there are people who have been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death. It may have been because of the social inequities in our legal system. However, I do believe that with the advances in forensics, I'm not so sure that's a valid argument any longer.

I support the death penalty. I know that it won't bring the victims back. However, it will guarantee that there will be no more victims in the future. And with prison overcrowding, a "life" sentence rarely is.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130403
09/25/05 07:48 PM
09/25/05 07:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
No, it's not ok for him or anyone to die anywhere. What I'm saying is: I don't know how the law and courts work in Afghanistan. For all I know, they don't have courts over there or give people a chance to prove innocence.
They now do have courts over there, they established them again when we helped them get their country back from Taliban rule. But that's besides the point.

Ok, so you feel that it is not ok for anyone to be sentenced to death anywhere. Fair enough. But you did not answer the second part of my question :

Would you rather use the money to pay for and support him for the rest of his life in a jail cell, fully knowing that he is guilty for thousands of deaths? Or would it be better to sentence him to death and use that money to help the poverty stricken of this country?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130404
09/25/05 08:10 PM
09/25/05 08:10 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
You are either in favor of the death penalty or against it.

Once you begin to apply it selectively, that means you're for it.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130405
09/25/05 08:20 PM
09/25/05 08:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I am for the death penalty.

However, in the case of Bin Laden, I am against it. The reason that I am against it is because I believe that if you kill him, he will be a Martyr ( sic ) in the eyes of his fanatic followers. In this case I would rather he be put into a prison for the rest of his life. That would be more harmful to him and his followers than the death that they so seem to look forward to and wish for. Actually instead of sending him to his 72 virgins, life in prison for him would be like sending a virgin to 72 inmates.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130406
09/25/05 08:26 PM
09/25/05 08:26 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
DC--So now you finally want to help the poor in this country? With our President, I'm sure that money wouldn't be used for our poor people. We'd give it to churches and our soldiers so they can have toothbrushes and hair gel.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130407
09/25/05 08:36 PM
09/25/05 08:36 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Ok, let the next round begin! :p

Don Cardi
I'll provide the

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130408
09/25/05 08:39 PM
09/25/05 08:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
DC--So now you finally want to help the poor in this country? With our President, I'm sure that money wouldn't be used for our poor people. We'd give it to churches and our soldiers so they can have toothbrushes and hair gel.
You conveniently avoided the question. I never said thatI think the money should be used to help the poor. I just posed a question and asked if you thought that money that may be used to support Bin Laden for life in prison would be better off used to help the poor.

Besides Pat, again, you shoot from the hip because you have absolutely no idea what I may or what I may not do when it comes to helping the poor. Again, you make a statement wihtout having a clue.

So please just answer the question and try not to avoid it by taking a shot at me or the president. He has nothing to do whatsoever with this issue.

Now F**k Bin Laden, and F**k the death penalty. I have to go and watch my NFL GIANTS!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130409
09/25/05 09:53 PM
09/25/05 09:53 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
If he is tried in the US under US laws and put to life in prison, than the money obviously isn't going to go to the poor. Would I like it to? Yes. Would I be happy if we could just put him in a cell and treat him like a prisoner during the Holocaust? Yes. But if we allowed that, than we'd be just as inhumane as him.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130410
09/25/05 10:55 PM
09/25/05 10:55 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
If someone is put on death row, why would you sentence them to death while they're still in their 20's or 30's? If you insist on putting a person to death, it should be done when they're in their 60's or 70's after they've served many years and are close to death because of natural causes.
Umm...maybe because it would cost the American government billions each year to sustain these criminals? As it is, it already costs the taxpayers this much in appeals.

I mean, you wouldn't be getting any money to poor people who you seem to identify yourself with.

Quote:
I also find it funny how many conservatives call abortion murder, which isn't proven or true
Duh...huh...let's see....

A baby is conceived and goes through the 9 month gestation period and is born.

A baby is conceived and is either chemically poison, physically vaccum-sucked from the womb, or has its head slashed by a pair of scissors and it's brain crushed by forceps.

Not much of a grey area there, I'd say that's infanticide.

Quote:
Regardless of what he or she is done, the death penalty is proven murder and you support that.
Damn straight!

Quote:
Sentence people to life, not death. Cheers.
Oh, yes. I see the logic here.

Let's not kill the murdering child rapist. Sentance him to life!

But hell yes, it's a womans choice, kill that wholly innocent little baby! It is evil! Sentence THAT to death!

Quote:
With our President, I'm sure that money wouldn't be used for our poor people. We'd give it to churches and our soldiers so they can have toothbrushes and hair gel.
Oh, you're right. That's why we should just let a 20 year old convicted murderer live out his entire life in prison, since, after all, the money couldn't be put to better use...

Then again, we should really have a president who gives money to baby-killers and trial lawyers. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Yes. But if we allowed that, than we'd be just as inhumane as him.
Oh-fucking-well. I'd really care.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130411
09/26/05 12:01 AM
09/26/05 12:01 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Judeo-Christian priciples (aka, The Ten Commandments) state: Thou Shalt Not Kill.

"An eye for an eye" is quite fulfilling as revenge, but, whatever happened to "turn the other cheek"?

But, given that, I am also in the middle on this issue.

If someone I loved was murdered, of course I'd personally want the perp to die a most miserable and suffering death! But we're still talking about taking lives here. Even the biggest scum of the earth. The other side of me (the logical side) realizes that it takes thousands upon thousands of taxpayer dollars to keep someone alive on death row for years and years.

Someone brought up abortion, which is a separate issue. So I'll just quickly say: I'm not for abortion, but, I do respect a woman's right to choose. I'd never choose it myself, but, I'm not a woman. However - I believe that such innocent lives are taken every single day -- some of those lives could have been the potential to cure cancer and AIDS or create world peace, we don't know -- but at the same time, the proponents of (practically) infanticide are also campaigning to save the lives of mass murderers and the rest of the scum of the earth?? The same who've wanted us to leave Sadam in power to commit more genocide on his people??

Crazy.

If I had the answer, I'd provide it. But I don't -- no one does. We just have personal opinions. And that's mine.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130412
09/26/05 12:05 AM
09/26/05 12:05 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
double-j i would be a little more sensitive to the fact that there could be people here who have had to make that tough choice...there are easier ways to state a point without sounded like a prick.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130413
09/26/05 09:53 AM
09/26/05 09:53 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
double-j i would be a little more sensitive to the fact that there could be people here who have had to make that tough choice...there are easier ways to state a point without sounded like a prick.
I believe that's the purpose of his post.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull