GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126679
09/28/05 08:20 PM
09/28/05 08:20 PM
Detroit
TonyD Offline
Underboss
TonyD  Offline
Underboss
Detroit
JGeoff:
"Plawrence, I want to thank you for helping me organize this -- meeting here today. And also the other heads of the Five Families -- New York and New Jersey.
Sicilian Babe and Mr. Babe from the Bronx -- and ah -- from Brooklyn, SC and Lori. An' from Piscataway, we have
with us Don Michael Corleone and Flame Angel. And all the other associates, AppleOnYa, Don Cardi and Don Smitty and Turnbull; that came as far as from New Jersey, and New York and all the other territories of the country -- thank you.

How did we get here from the bar? I don't know. It was so -- fortunate -- so necessary ..."

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126680
09/28/05 10:48 PM
09/28/05 10:48 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
good one

From Detroit, huh?

Maybe you should call yourself Don Zaluchi.

He came to NYC for a big meting; you should too.

We all had a great time, BTW.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126681
09/28/05 11:40 PM
09/28/05 11:40 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Just got home and wanted to be the second to chime in about tonight's TERRIFIC dinner!! After enduring a drive through a horrific area in our Garden State, I managed to enjoy a beautiful restaurant, delicious food and just about the nicest gang of folks I'll ever get to meet.

Don Cardi really surprised me with a wonderful little gift...without going into detail, suffice to say that I'll no longer have an excuse to ask how something went in the novel.

Even got to talk about some of my favorite movies, something I can't do too often without fear of boring people to death.

The majority of us almost managed to convince Sicilian Babe that Fredo didn't know...maybe next time we can seal the argument for good. Trust me, I'm working on it.

Anyway, really swell evening ... so glad I made it!!

AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126682
09/28/05 11:51 PM
09/28/05 11:51 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Very good Tony D.

It was a really nice time tonight. As always, the night just seems to fly by. Plaw did a really great job setting this up for us and his choice of appetizers was just perfect. Thank you my friend.

Don Malta is so much fun to hang around with. A really down to earth guy. This is a guy with so many talents and abilities. Someday we are all going to say " I knew him when."

Turnbull, well he's a good man. It's always an honor and a privaledge to be given the opportunity to have him share his unlimited knowledge of movies, real life mob and GF.
Does a great Jack Nickholson!

DMC and his beautiful fiance are such wonderful people. Always a smile on both of their faces. It just amazes me how much knowledge this young man has and how much he knows so much about The GF and real life mob stuff. This is a young man who is going to go very far in life.

Appleonya is very sweet. She kept me in awe with her ability to talk about any movie that was brought up, and her insight into many topics is just so enlightening. A pleasure to be around.

Don Smitty, well he's just a big teddy bear who's bark is bigger than his bite. A heart of gold. He wears his heart on his sleeve and has such a passion for all this gangster stuff.

Mr. Babe is such a gentleman, and a lot of fun to be around. A real happy go lucky guy that just goes with the flow. He fits right in with this crew and I was impressed how he held his own when to came to talking about The Godfather.

Sicilian Babe is just that, a real sweet babe! Tonight I noticed something in her. In my eyes she is the female Turnbull of our boards. Just a fountain of knowledge and such terrific understanding about the GF movies.

SC and Lori were missed by all.

It was such a pleasure to be able to spend an evening with all you guys and gals. Let's do it again soon.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126683
09/28/05 11:53 PM
09/28/05 11:53 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
... She kept me in awe with her ability to talk about any movie that was brought up...
Just as long as nobody mentioned 'Laura'.

Geez, I've always hated that movie.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126684
09/29/05 12:54 AM
09/29/05 12:54 AM
Flame Angel Offline
Made Member
Flame Angel  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
DMC and his beautiful fiance are such wonderful people. Always a smile on both of their faces. It just amazes me how much knowledge this young man has and how much he knows so much about The GF and real life mob stuff. This is a young man who is going to go very far in life.
It's DMC posting under Flame, thank you for the nice words DC. I especially liked your comment about me being a 40 year old in a 20 year olds body lol, that is actually what I consider myself.

I do have to get to sleep to get up early for work tomorrow so just a quick rundown (will post more tomorrow)
Apple-nice to finally meet you, you are the same in life as you are on the boards
Plaw- great host, you truly are a great person
JG- very funny guy, had a great time
Turnbull- there has to be some law against having that much knowledge about everything in one mind lol You are very friendly and knowledgable
MR and Mrs Babe- you are a great couple and very fun to be around
Smitty- I was hoping for a dinner and a performance but no disappearing acts today lol Great guy with a great personality, but you gotta talk more lol
DC- you are a great friend, at least we got to talk a little more this time lol

We both had a wonderful time, I'm sure the real flame angel will post her thought tonight or tomorrow as well

edit: of course SC and Lori were missed

"pretty in punk..." setting off metal detectors in a town near you
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126685
09/29/05 02:50 AM
09/29/05 02:50 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Ditto all the above! I love all y'all, you're such a great bunch of people that I consider special friends! SC & L were missed, though, of course.

Earlier today I was thinking (sorry! ) and realized that, I think it was just 2 years ago that any of us had ever met up! At least with me there. :p And I swear, it seems like I've known all y'all for years and years! It's quite refreshing to know that there are some really cool people out there!

PS - Um, DC, you gotta switch avatars - that belongs to DSC and it keeps confusing me! :p

PPS - I'm sorry there are no pics - I even brought my camera, but totally forgot about it cuz we were having such an engaging time!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126686
09/29/05 04:44 AM
09/29/05 04:44 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm really sorry I missed the dinner.

Geoff, its been THREE years. Time flies, huh?

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126687
09/29/05 07:22 AM
09/29/05 07:22 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Plaw did a really great job setting this up for us and his choice of appetizers was just perfect.
Jeeze, Don Cardi.....

Everyone gets complimented on their "talents and abilities", their "unlimited knowledge", their "sweetness and insight" their "hearts of gold" and their "terrific understanding."

And what do I get? A compliment for calling the place to make a reservation and making a "perfect choice of appetizers."

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126688
09/29/05 08:11 AM
09/29/05 08:11 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

And what do I get? A compliment for calling the place to make a reservation and making a "perfect choice of appetizers."

plaw was stepped over....send p to make the reservations, p will get the appetizers....Come' on, he's sshweet, he's insightful... :p

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126689
09/29/05 08:39 AM
09/29/05 08:39 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
quote:
Plaw did a really great job setting this up for us and his choice of appetizers was just perfect.
Jeeze, Don Cardi.....

Everyone gets complimented on their "talents and abilities", their "unlimited knowledge", their "sweetness and insight" their "hearts of gold" and their "terrific understanding."

:p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126690
09/29/05 08:45 AM
09/29/05 08:45 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
PS - Um, DC, you gotta switch avatars - that belongs to DSC and it keeps confusing me! :p

Ok Boss, chu Fockin happy now mang! Chu Focking Chubato! Confuse. Da focking boss, confuse. :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126691
09/29/05 09:12 AM
09/29/05 09:12 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
There is really no need for me to remind everyone of your unlimited knowledge, understanding, insight, and brilliance especially when it comes to the Godfather Trilogy and The Godfather Novel. Everyone is fully aware of your greatness and intelligence on these boards.

Ok? Do you feel better now?
Much.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126692
09/29/05 09:17 AM
09/29/05 09:17 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
As usual, I had a great time. I still cannot believe how much food we ordered, and, even worse, how much food we ate. Plaw, you still owe me half a tartufo. I'll give you a head start.

I had a great time with all you guys. You know how much I love playing with my new friends!! And I finally got to meet Turnbull, who is every bit the gentleman and scholar in person that he is on the boards.

My only regret of the evening was that SC and Lori weren't there. Believe me, you were both greatly missed. Hope that you're feeling better.

Apple, we'll have to talk more about this Fredo thing another time. I still have to believe that he knew.

P.S. TIS, at one point we said "We have to call TIS!" and then the food arrived. If invoking your name could make you feel like you were there, then you were definitely represented, and missed.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126693
09/29/05 09:33 AM
09/29/05 09:33 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Even got to talk about some of my favorite movies, something I can't do too often without fear of boring people to death.

AppleOnYa
...a fear that never afflicted me, as all present can attest...

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126694
09/29/05 09:34 AM
09/29/05 09:34 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I'm glad you all had a good time. Am I to understand then that there'll be no pictures posted??? I love looking at all your smiling faces. All Geoff's fault.

You all can probably score more points with PLaw if you were to include such complimentary adjectives as: Smart, charming, good looking, favorite left-winger and columnist, king of the sports thread. Well, maybe it'd go to his head tho. :p

SB, thanks! I hear you. Nothing comes between me and a good meal either. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126695
09/29/05 09:48 AM
09/29/05 09:48 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Plus, we had the Awards Ceremony following dinner:
--plaw was given the Lifetime Achievement Award from the AAAO (American Association of Appetizer Orderers). The award, consisting of a gilded fried zuccichi stick, was presented by JG (who cleverly personalizedd it by covering it with home-grown aphids).
--DC and Turnbull were inducted into the SSS (Sappy Shirts Society). The only reason they weren't attacked on the way to the restaurant is that everyone else in the neighborhood had just arrived there from India five minutes earlier, too soon to be offended by their sartorial decadence.
--SB opened a branch of the Berlitz School of Languages.
--Don Smitty won a contract, on the spot, to star as the Strong Silent Type in at least three films this year (including "Jimmy Whispers Returns--Yet Again--to Mulberry Street"). This contract has been unfilled since the death of John Hodiak.
--DMC was carded eighteen times by the restaurant management--and that was just in the parking lot! He attempted to show his birth certificate to prove he could be out at that hour, and they threatened to call the cops.
--Apple won the "Miss Congeniality" award, which has remained vacant since Hawaii stopped sending contestants to the Miss America pagaent.
--JG took a special Oscar for "Most Farfetched Excuse for Not Bringing Homegrown Peppers." It was presented by the president of Ortho Chemicals...

And SC and Lori were sorely missed.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126696
09/29/05 09:56 AM
09/29/05 09:56 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
TIS, at one point we said "We have to call TIS!" and then the food arrived. If invoking your name could make you feel like you were there, then you were definitely represented, and missed.
We also were about to call Mignon, but again, the food arrived. Sorry ladies.

But if dat damn chubato Malta wood haf rememba to take da pictha, den chu would hav been able ta see us all mang!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126697
09/29/05 09:57 AM
09/29/05 09:57 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Turnbull, please save me a seat next to yours at the next dinner...wherever & whenever that may be.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126698
09/29/05 10:08 AM
09/29/05 10:08 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Turnbull, please save me a seat next to yours at the next dinner...wherever & whenever that may be.

Apple
AppleOnYa, I am honored and grateful...

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126699
09/29/05 10:19 AM
09/29/05 10:19 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:

Apple
Hmmmmmmm.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126700
09/29/05 12:59 PM
09/29/05 12:59 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[b] TIS, at one point we said "We have to call TIS!" and then the food arrived. If invoking your name could make you feel like you were there, then you were definitely represented, and missed.
We also were about to call Mignon, but again, the food arrived. Sorry ladies.

But if dat damn chubato Malta wood haf rememba to take da pictha, den chu would hav been able ta see us all mang!

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I see how you are the tummies are more important than TIS and Mig huh? Nah just teasing. Thanks for thinking about me though.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126701
09/29/05 01:09 PM
09/29/05 01:09 PM
Detroit
TonyD Offline
Underboss
TonyD  Offline
Underboss
Detroit
Quote:
good one

From Detroit, huh?

Maybe you should call yourself Don Zaluchi.

He came to NYC for a big meting; you should too.

We all had a great time, BTW.
Sounds like a wonderful time. I'd have *really* loved to attend but it's tough for me to get away. I haven't managed to take any vacation, not even a short one, in almost 10 years.

Good idea for the name though , I wonder if Don Zaluchi was the only Detroit reference anywhere in the movies and book????

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126702
09/29/05 01:14 PM
09/29/05 01:14 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I think so, and just in the book.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126703
09/29/05 03:20 PM
09/29/05 03:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
There's a book???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126704
09/29/05 05:28 PM
09/29/05 05:28 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Confuse. Da focking boss, confuse. :p
DC, you're way too funny. And on behalf of all of us here at the BB, thank you for getting Apple the damn book already. :p

Turnbull, those awards were the best I've ever read!

By the way, what were these great appetizers everyone's talking about?

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126705
09/29/05 05:37 PM
09/29/05 05:37 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Besides the garlic bread, we had calamari, zuppa de mussels, and mozzarella en caroza.

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126706
09/29/05 05:45 PM
09/29/05 05:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[QUOTE]DC, you're way too funny. And on behalf of all of us here at the BB, thank you for getting Apple the damn book already. :p
I told her that someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon her to do me a service, but until that day, she should consider this a favor from her Godfather.

Now let's just hope that she finally reads the damn thing!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126707
09/29/05 06:17 PM
09/29/05 06:17 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
That sounds good... I'm getting hungry. Was the calamari fried?

DC, you're right. Giving her the book was half the battle.
Hey, Apple: Read it. :p

Re: Sept. 28th Dinner.... #126708
09/29/05 06:23 PM
09/29/05 06:23 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Is there another way to eat calamari?

I guess you could sauté it, but I dunno....sounds a little yucky to me.

I was never a big calamari fan myself, but let's face it:

Deep friend anything tastes good.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull