GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 160 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,972
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Worst Scene in Trilogy #16517
07/19/04 09:51 AM
07/19/04 09:51 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline OP
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline OP
Underboss
New Market, MD
I know everyone here is going to pick a scene from Part III, but really, are there any bad scenes in Parts I & II?

Mine is...

Part III - Atlantic City massacre. This is soooo corny. I mean come on, FCC & MP, you couldn't come up with a better line than "This is my lucky coat!" Really bad, man. I also hate the various Don's running around and then flailing their arms as they're shot. It's funny after a while. And where most of Part III was able to keep the modernization hidden, this scene used a helicopter.

Didn't gel.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16518
07/19/04 10:27 AM
07/19/04 10:27 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Alas, GFIII has so many bad scenes that it's hard to choose a "worst." My vote goes for Vincent's goodbye to Mary at the opera house, closely followed by Vincent and Mary making it in the restaurant kitchen.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16519
07/19/04 10:55 AM
07/19/04 10:55 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Turnbull,
I must agree. That whole gnocchi scene is awful. Andy Garcia is incredibly sexy, but that whole scene just left me cold.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16520
07/19/04 01:26 PM
07/19/04 01:26 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
The meeting with Frank Pentangeli and the Rosato brothers in the bar. Too confusing.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16521
07/19/04 02:22 PM
07/19/04 02:22 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Hanger, I also thought the helicopter massacre was a bit ragged and corny. Besides "my lucky coat" another unconvincing moment was the Don muttering "sonofabitch" through his bloody mouth. And as usual, there were too many bullets flying around for Michael, Vincent and Neri not to get hit. Everyone but them?

GF- hard to come up with a bad scene. I think there are some lines that are written or delivered poorly. When Don Vito brings Sonny's body to Bonasera and says, "are you ready to do me this service." Sounds like he is asking him to change the oil in his car. Too stiff and stilted.

GF2 - Rocco getting shot and falling. Bad job.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16522
07/20/04 07:21 AM
07/20/04 07:21 AM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
The worst scene in Part II: any scene with Diane Keaton, particularily when Kay is telling Michael that "it was an abortion." Diane Keaton is a great actress, but you wouldn't know it from watching this overdramatic performance. "All this must end..." Oy.

Too many bad scenes in III to mention.

Part I: I may be in the minority, but I thought the opening scene in GFI after Bonasara asks, "you my friend...Godfather?" and he takes the Don's hand and kisses it. "Good," Vito says and it just seems kinda...weak. Aside from that, there isn't much bad you can say about the original. "Bada-beep-bada-bap-bada-boop-bada-beep!" and there you have it.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16523
07/20/04 01:46 PM
07/20/04 01:46 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buttmunker:
[QB] The worst scene in Part II: any scene with Diane Keaton, particularily when Kay is telling Michael that "it was an abortion." Diane Keaton is a great actress, but you wouldn't know it from watching this overdramatic performance. "All this must end..." Oy.

rolleyes You have got to be kidding. Kay was outstanding in all three films, especially in the scene that you reference. This scene is central to the theme of the entire second movie, possibly the trilogy: how Michael loses the people he cares about most while gaining power through murder & deceit.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16524
07/20/04 02:00 PM
07/20/04 02:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
You tell 'em, goombah!!!

Can't dictate how anyone feels about any particular scene, but to view that one the 'worst' is a vast underestimation of its impact on the entire film.

Keaton's delivery, by the way...was perfect. Can anyone even try to imagine the emotion of Kay when she's blurting all this out.

As for the TRUE worst scene of the Trilogy, I'll go along with those who mentioned the infamous 'gnoochi' event shared by Mary & Vincent.
YUCCHHHH!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16525
07/20/04 02:04 PM
07/20/04 02:04 PM
S
Silvio Offline
Made Member
Silvio  Offline
S
Made Member
I dont know how parents fighting the death of their baby could be OVERdramatized tongue

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16526
07/20/04 10:31 PM
07/20/04 10:31 PM
Chicago
Busta Offline
Underboss
Busta  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Lately, Ive been seeing a lot of features on Diane Keaton and whenever they show clips of her from The Godfather, they always show the "abortion" scene. Mainly beacause It was a very well acted scene by her and Al.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16527
07/21/04 12:11 AM
07/21/04 12:11 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Originally posted by Buttmunker:
Part I: I may be in the minority, but I thought the opening scene in GFI after Bonasara asks, "you my friend...Godfather?" and he takes the Don's hand and kisses it. "Good," Vito says and it just seems kinda...weak.
eek Wow! That is my absolute favorite scene of the trilogy!

"Bonasera... Bonasera... What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Had
you come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering
this very day. And that by chance if an honest man such as yourself should make enemies,
then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you."

My favorite dialogue of the trilogy.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16528
07/21/04 12:18 AM
07/21/04 12:18 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
This is a tiny scene, but it always irritates me.

The scene where Johnny Fontaine arrives and Connie goes running to him yelling "Johnny..Johnny.....Johnny, I love you!"

She just comes off as so fake in that scene, the way she is showing off to everyone that they are close. The acting is great though because I suppose that is how FFC wanted it to seem. Talia does a good job.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16529
07/21/04 11:07 AM
07/21/04 11:07 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
Originally posted by Krlea:
The scene where Johnny Fontaine arrives and Connie goes running to him yelling "Johnny..Johnny.....Johnny, I love you!"
Oh god...yes!!!! How irritating was that? smile smile

Scenes in GFIII I dislike: (1) Its only a small part, but when the whole family have arrived in Sicily for Tony's performance - there is a shot of the house they are staying in and brash American music is playing (nothing personal to Americans, but it just doesn't go with the Sicilian backdrop!).
(2) When Michael and Kay are talking in the kitchen after he has taken her out on a tour of the area for the day - he tells her that when he lived in Sicily before, and got married, he spent a lot of time in that room thinking of her. I know this is an issue which has been debated a fair bit in this forum, but my belief is that the minute Michael set eyes on Appollonia, Kay was well out of the picture. That statement from him just didn't ring true, and actually ruined my view of his relationship with Appollonia in the first film.

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16530
07/21/04 06:45 PM
07/21/04 06:45 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
... there is a shot of the house they are staying in and brash American music is playing (nothing personal to Americans, but it just doesn't go with the Sicilian backdrop!).
I was listening the the director commentaries the other day and FFc said the reason that scene was in there is becuase he liked the idea of it.Nothing more rolleyes
.... but my belief is that the minute Michael set eyes on Appollonia, Kay was well out of the picture. That statement from him just didn't ring true....
That is just another lie.Its trying to show Michael cant not lie to Kay. Notice she is standing in the very same spot that Applonia is in the first one after Mike shuts the shutters.There is now way he was thinking about Kay.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16531
07/24/04 05:16 AM
07/24/04 05:16 AM
Toronto, Canada
UnderBoss Offline
Capo
UnderBoss  Offline
Capo
Toronto, Canada
I perused most of the posts and I would say some of those are under the general quality level we expect from the GF trilogy. I would have to disagree with the helicopter massacre; it was a very creative scene I felt. But I do think FFC's attempt at levity fell a little short here with the “my lucky jacket” line. It defiantly was one of the cheesiest, capricious and out of place pieces of dialogues.

Personally, I think the worst scene was where Mary was sitting with Michael on their patio eating lunch and have a “heart to heart”. In this scene Mary (Sofia Copolla), tries expresses her affection and devotion for her family. I feel this is a horrible scene because it’s so poorly acted by Sofia Copolla, who can’t even fain sincerity, this of course is contrasted by Al Pacino’s excellent acting in this scene, that seems to have been pulled off with the same ease that he would have eating an orange. Also this scene is supposed to be all about the acting and due to the almost awkward acting on the part of Sofia, I feel much is lost here.

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16532
07/24/04 02:49 PM
07/24/04 02:49 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I hate the scene in Part III where Michael, Mary, and Anthony are walking along the wall in Sicily, and Anthony delivers the line "How can a country that's so beautiful, be so violent?" Cheesy delivery. And the following few minutes, when Michael confronts Mary about her relationship with Vincent. The whole "Then I love him first," and "NO DAD!", its the pinnacle of terrible acting in that film. Damn that Wynona Ryder and her tummy ache!! If only she had been well enough to play Mary....

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16533
07/24/04 08:50 PM
07/24/04 08:50 PM
NY
Mickey Offline
Button
Mickey  Offline
Button
NY
I'm going to go along with whoever said any scene with Diane Keaton. I especially dislike when Kay and Michael are dancing at the party in the beginning of Godfather II. She delivers some cheezy lines in that scene.

Michael: How's the baby?
Kay: Sleeping inside me.
Michael: Does it feel like a boy?
Kay: Yes. Yes it does, Michael.

I mean, come on!! Seriously, who the hell talks like that?

Then she proceeds to hassle Michael about making the Corleone family legitimate. Leave him alone for christ sake!! Let him handle his business!!

You straightened my brother out?
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16534
07/24/04 09:57 PM
07/24/04 09:57 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
is not the worst, but I don't like that whole scene when Michael is riding in Sicily with Calo and Fabrizzio, then they meet Appolonia, talk to her father and all that stuff. is not a bad scene, I just find it one of the most boring in the trilogy. the worst scene, in terms of acting and filmmaking at all, has to be anyone with Mary Corleone at it.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Worst Scene in Trilogy #16535
07/24/04 10:35 PM
07/24/04 10:35 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
... The whole "NO DAD!", its the pinnacle of terrible acting in that film.
That is quite possiblly the most expressionless line ever said.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull